• Published 19th Nov 2019
  • 1,200 Views, 11 Comments

EqG Tales: Monster High Edition - Brian Sheil



A collection of short stories featuring Twilight and friends getting together with the characters of Monster High

  • ...
4
 11
 1,200

PreviousChapters Next
13. The Spirited Guest

Author's Note:

Rarity invited a guest to spend time with her and her friends. Nobody expected the Ghostly Gossip: Spectra Vondergeist.

"I'm glad that we're having our slumber party over your house, Rarity." Rainbow Dash said. "Your bedroom is always so, well, roomy."

"My pleasure, darling." Rarity replied. "I always enjoy my friends coming over. And, you all came at a good time. I'm expecting a special guest to spend the night with us."

"A special guest?" Twilight said. "Who? Photo Finish? Trixie?"

"How about Wallflower Blush?" Sunset Shimmer added.

Then, an eerie female voice echoed through the room. "How about none of the above?"

Everyone was shocked as a ghostly girl comes through the wall. She has deep blue hair and wore a black and purple dress accented with chains.

"A GHOST!" Pinkie yelled as she hid in the closet.

Everyone looked at this ghostly stranger. Twilight soon noticed something.

"I don't believe it." Twilight gasped. "It's Spectra Vondergeist!"

"Spectra Vondergeist?" Fluttershy said.

"Monster High's Ghostly Gossip?" Dash realized.

"In person." Spectra responded. "Pleasure to meet all of you."

Pinkie Pie slowly opened the the closet door, and carefully walked out.

"Ghostly Gossip?" Pinkie muttered. Suddenly, she zipped over with a change of attitude. "Wowee! Are you the same Ghostly Gossip that recently did a story about a video game tournament that took place last week?"

"Yes, I am." Spectra replied. "I guess you read that story on MyStable."

"I sure did!"

Applejack was stunned. "Really? That's something new to me."

Later, everyone changed into their sleepwear. Spectra included.

"Your nightgown looks adorable." Fluttershy said. Noticing Spectra's lavender short sleeve nightgown.

"Thank you, Fluttershy." Spectra replied, sipping on some hot chocolate. "Rarity isn't the only one who dresses elegantly. Even for bedtime."

Rarity blushed as Applejack spoke up. "I thought your reporting skills are only for Monster High. What made y'all decide to branch out?"

Putting down her mug, Spectra gave an explanation. "I figured that other people outside of my home might like to hear my views of various subjects. So, I go out to find something worthy for a scoop."

"That makes sense." Twilight added. "Have you ever made mistakes in your line of work?"

"I had my fair share of errors."

"Like what happened to Frankie?" Sunset said.

Rainbow Dash got confused. "What are you talking about, Sunset?"

"Frankie said that she had tickets to a concert. Spectra heard that, and spread that story all over Monster High."

"I heard of that." Twilight said. " Frankie's friends wondered who's she taking. Turns out she had eight tickets. So, they all went."

"Even the best reporters can make a mistake, I suppose." Rarity said.

Spectra felt a little embarrassed. "I know. Frankie, Cleo, and the other ghouls are still reminding me about that moment."

Everyone shared a chuckle or two. Later, everyone fell asleep. Pinkie Pie tried to sleep. But, she was fidgeting in her sleeping bag. Spectra moved her sleeping bag next to Pinkie.

"I figured the glow surrounding me would make a good nightlight, Pinkie." Spectra indicated. "It should help you relax."

Pinkie soon felt very calm. "Thanks, Spectra."

Soon, Pinkie and Spectra both fell asleep.

PreviousChapters Next