• Published 4th Feb 2020
  • 3,303 Views, 131 Comments

Flash Sentry Chronicles: Friendship Games - Banshee531



It's time for the Friendship Games and CHS is ready to compete against their rival school of Crystal Prep. But the competition isn't enough for some, as certain familiar faces are working to discover the secrets of magic.

  • ...
4
 131
 3,303

The Magic of Friendship

Flash, Spike and Sunset all moaned in pain as they were blown back by the shockwave, stumbling over while covering their eyes from the light. Everyone else was just as shocked as they watched the magic fly out of the scanner, Twilight dropping it as she was lifted into the air.

As this happened, Flash shook his head before looking up and yelling, "TWILIGHT!"

The sphere began to grow larger, slowly enveloping Twilight as her eyes went wide. Realisation had struck her that this had been a very bad idea, now feeling pain consume her as she knew one thing: There was no way she was gonna be able to control this. She turned around, now looking down at Flash as she reached her arm out, "Heeeeeeeeeelllllllp...meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Flash ran up and jumped...only for the orb to close. Gasping at the sight, an explosion followed, knocking Flash back as his body slammed into the ground, "Blaugh!" he yelped, only for his ears to now hear Twilight's pains screams inside. He looked back up as he yelled, "TWILIGHT!"

"AAAAAAHHHHH!!!" she screamed...only to come to a stop. And as the yelling came to a halt, the orb melted away, showing a new being. It was Twilight, who had a darker skin and hair that had a dark flame-like aspect. She was now wearing a purple dress and long purple socks with shining crystal hears. A pair of black and blue wings sprouted from her back, a similar looking tail now dangling from her lower back. There was also a long horn made of light blue crystals grew from her forehead before a pair of crystal glasses appeared around her eyes, which opened to show an almost sinister look.

Flash could only shiver at the sight, unable to comprehend the sight in front of him.

The transformed teenager let out a maniacal cackle as she turned to Sunset, "You were right! I didn't understand magic before, but I do now!" As soon as she said that, her horn exploded with the magic she had taken. It then shot down into her hand, the girl turning to the Wondercolt statue.

BLAM!

She fired a blast at the stone horse, making it explode into pieces. The shards then floated over the former portal before creating a new wormhole, only that made Sunset gasp as she saw certain figures inside the crack, "Equestria!"

"Ahahaha!" Twilight laughed as she saw a spark of purple lightning fly out the portal and arc down into the ground. The following strike caused to make a new purple light appear, the girl firing another beam of magic at the light. The Rainbooms all had to leap away as the magic hit the light, making bolts of magic infused lightning to fly everywhere.

The students all screamed as the magic bolts flew in every direction, creating small tears all over the place. Many of them ran before they could fall into one, Sunny Flare spotting a certain someone trying to leave unnoticed.

"Hey!" Cinch turned to her, "Where are you going?!"

Cinch pointed at Twilight, "Anywhere to avoid that...monster!" She turned back to them, "And I suggest you do the same!" She ran off while Sunny looked to the rest of her teammates, all of them giving uncertain glances in response.

"Twilight!" yelled another voice, making everyone turn to see Sunset trying to get close to Twilight, "You can't do this!"

"Why not?!" Twilight barked back as she pointed at the new portals, "There's a whole other world right there, and it's filled with magic!"

She fired another blast, hitting a tear that had just opened at the school's doors. Ruby saw it coming and pushed Cadance away, Luna doing the same as the portal opened. As this happened, Sunset continued to yell at Twilight, "Twilight, you're destroying this world to get it!"

"So what?!" Twilight roared as magic began to swirl in her hands, "There's more magic there, AND I WANT TO UNDERSTAND IT ALL!" With that, she thrust both hands forward, firing a massive blast at the center of the courtyard.

"Move!" Flash added as he tackled Sunset, saving her from the blast as a barrage of cracks began to appear in the courtyard. And as everyone saw the cracks cover the ground, they all tried to escape...only to be sucked in. But as this happened, a couple of girls were there.

"Don't let go!" Applejack grunted, using all her strength to hold onto a falling student.

Rainbow did the same, helping another as she felt the dirt grind under her feet, "I got ya!"

While this happened, the Shadowbolts just stood there in frozen terror. But before they could react, Lightning, his friends and the Royal Knights ran past them, Lightning yelling, "What are you waiting for?! Let's help them!"

He then grabbed a CHS student that was falling into the cracked ground, the rest doing the same. Wild spotted Pinkie having trouble pulling up another student, quickly running over and grabbing her waist, "I gotcha!" He said as he pulled her back.

"Thanks," she replied as they began to pull back more. As this happened, the Shadowbolts all shared a glance before running up to help as well, just as Rarity slipped over the side of the portal, falling along with Fleur-De-Lis and another girl they didn't know.

Rainbow, who was holding onto Bright Idea at the time, gasped. "Hang on!"

"Obviously!" Rarity screamed back while holding onto the side of the portal, only to be caught by Indigo and Lemon.

"We got you!" The pumped up girl yelled.

While this was happening, Twilight stared at the growing portal, a huge grin appearing on her face. "Twilight!" She turned to see Flash, his feet shuffling as lightning sparked out, pushing him back, "Twilight, you have to stop this!"

"Why?!" Twilight barked back, "With this power, we'll never have to worry about anything ever again!" She held out a hand, "Join me Flash. You'll get just as much magic as me once we travel through the portal. Let's stand side by side as we head to this new world!"

Flash just stared at her, his eyes shrinking at the sight. He then turned to see the other students, nothing but fear and desperation in their eyes. The Crystal Prep students, who had mostly treated Twilight like dirt, and the CHS students that had yelled at her for causing all these problems were now nothing but shivering hiding teens.

He then sighed as he glanced back at her, "I'd follow Twilight to the ends of the earth..." Twilight shined a giant grin, making her descend as her hand got closer. But as the hand was at his level, Flash slapped it away, making Twilight gasp as Flash started to glare at her, "But you're not Twilight! My Twilight wouldn't dare risk destroying the world, not matter what it got her!"

Twilight reflexively flew back, growling as she continued to ascend, "So be it. I don't need you anymore. Not now that I have this much power."

"Twilight's never needed me," Flash added, "I see that now. I was just holding her back, fighting her battles instead of helping her fight them herself. Who knows how strong she'd be if I wasn't there for her." His body shook in anger and self-loathing. "When I get her back, things will be different...so give her back to me right NOW!"

The sight of Flash rejecting her made Twilight flinch, the anger on his face making her heart feel like it was gonna rip apart. But that feeling faded when another portal opened behind her, this one making her magic flare as lightning fired out of the crack, causing Flash to stagger back.

Sunset was also forced to jump away from another portal, this time landing by Twilight's scanner. The sight made an idea form in her head, picking it up as she saw it beep and point at all of her friends. As this happened, each of them began to glow their respective colors, Sunset's mind putting the pieces together. Generosity, laughter, kindness, honesty loyalty...and courage. That's what caused this to happen, and that was how she was gonna save Twilight.

But before Sunset could do anything, one of the portals unleashed another bolt of magic lightning. It struck the ground in front of Sunset, causing an explosion and knocking the scanner out of her hand. "AAAHHH!" She screamed as she began to fall into a portal, the scanner now falling inside.

Sunset closed her eyes, knowing she was about to get thrown back into Equestria. Knowing this, Sunset tried to remember an anti-gravity spell in case she came out in midair, only to feel something grab her hand. Looking up, she saw Flash leaning over the portal while holding onto her, "Hang on!"

With a few quick pulls, she was back on the ground, both panting as Sunset said, "Thanks."

Flash helped her up in response, now asking, "Can you save her?"

Sunset shook her head, turning to her friends to see the magic glow around them begin to die down. "I...I thought I could, but without the scanner-I don't know."

Flash now saw she was staring at the main portal, the crack getting bigger. And as he stared, a bulb went off in his head, making him sigh before taking a deep breath, "Alright. Time to do something crazy."

The teen then removed his blazer and tie, Sunset asking, "Flash, what are you doing?"

"Twilight...or whatever she is now, was right. Every time I've been near these portal things, I've been sucking up the magic. Maybe I can level the playing field, if only a little."

Sunset's eyes went wide as she watched Flash take a step back, seeing him preparing himself for something. The sight made her realize what he was up to, "Flash, you can't-"

"I have too," he interrupted as he glanced back at Twilight. "For her."

With that, he broke into a run and leapt over the edge of the portal. "FLASH!" Everyone who knew him screamed as he began to fall into the portal. Twilight just laughed at the sight, her magic induced madness making her think Flash had changed his mind and was trying to get some magic to be by her side. They then watched as Flash completely disappeared into the wormhole, a bright flash of light finishing his departure.


Flash could only feel one thing as he fell...and that was nothing. His brain was rebooting, making him open his eyes to see there was nothing around him. Instead, he saw he was in some kind of white void, unable to tell which way was up or down, alive or dead. He was...nowhere.

"Is this...Equestria?" He asked, doing a long gulp as he realized he could now be trapped in another universe. But before that thought that could get into his head completely, he saw something in the corner of his eye. It was a bubble of golden light, giving off a warm feeling as it floated up to the teen. Flash blinked at the sight, now seeing an image inside, seeing what looked like him, though as a pony. It was a pegasi with the same hair, eyes, coat with the same color of his skin and his flank had his emblem on it.

"Is that...the other me?" He mumbled out as he saw the pony stand there, a happy smile on his face. The bubble soon flew away, Flash reaching out to grab it, only for another bubble to come by. This one had what he figured was Twilight's counterpart, only to see another sphere fly by with more Equestrian versions of others he knew. There was a dragon version of Spike, a pony version of Shining Armor, Cadance, Twilight's parents, Principal Celestia and even Grand. This was followed by the pony versions of the Rainbooms, minus Sunset, the Royal Knights, Ruby and Lightning's friends. One even showed him beside a strange humanoid dog.

Then the images got more action packed, one showing Flash battling a black horse with wings and a horn, another fighting what looked like Lightning. There was another with Flash and the dog fighting some amalgamation monster in a world filled with giant pancakes and tubas, the next one a giant snake with wings and scorpion claws. One showed a swarm of bug-pony hybrids while another showed him fighting pony covered in a black mist before a giant rock monster and an even bigger centaur.

During these images, the pony's hair got shorter and he gained a scar on his chest, but he still looked like Flash. It was here they showed him in golden armor, wielding swords made of pure light. This made Flash go fully wide-eyed, gasping at the sight.

"Did he...I, really do all this?" Flash gasped, knowing it was hard to believe. He was seeing himself as a great warrior in another world, something he would have never imagined himself being.

It was here that one last bubble flew up to him, the others fusing into this one before turning into a pillar of light. Flash had to squint due to the brightness, unable to see anything in the bubble of light. He growled at the glow, his eyes struggling to move open as the light continue to radiate. And as he shielded his eyes with his hands, he had a feeling he should speak up, "Hello? Can...can you hear me?" The bubble said nothing, "Are you from Equestria? Please, I need your help. Magic from your world is running wild in mine. My best friend...she's in danger. I need some way to save her!" The figure did nothing in response, slowly growing smaller until it seem to pop out of existence.

Flash sighed at this, slumping over before suddenly needing to shield his eyes due to a new explosion of light that erupted from where the bubble had been. And as the light faded, his eyes went wide as he saw a new sight. Himself.

The pony version of him was standing right at him, shorter hair and scar confirming this was the same one. He looked Flash up and down, only to turn away as the light bubble from before appeared and began to pulse brighter and dimmer in nonrhythmic ways.

"Hey! Don't ignore me!" The pony turned back to him, "Twilight's in danger, and its because of your world's magic!" Pony Flash raised an eyebrow at this, tilting his head before gesturing for him to continue. Flash sighed as he started to explain everything that had happened, Pony Flash going wide-eyed by the second. "So please...help me save her. There has to be something you can do."

Pony Flash turned to the bubble, which pulsed again before he glanced at the human Flash, "Okay, I'll help ya." Flash shined a big smile, only for Pony Flash to shake his head, "But I uh...can't do much. For one, I can't come back with you. It's...complicated."

"I'm really starting to hate that word." Flash grumbled back, making Pony Flash chuckle.

"Sorry. I'm guessing you've had a few long days with no explanations, am I right?" Flash did a slow nod in response, "Yeah, I know how you feel. Anyways, I can give you a little something that might help." He lifted his hoof and put it on the sphere, a gold mist flying out. "I'll lend you a bit of my power."

"Really?"

"Just a little. Hopefully it'll be enough to level things with your Twilight. Oh and uh...it won't last long. You'd better make it count." Flash nodded as they moved closer, the bubble moving between them. "Get ready."

Flash blinked at his words, "What do you mean? is this a bad idea?"

Pony Flash let out a long sigh, "This power I wield...its a lot to handle. Trust me on this, and I'm you."

Flash frowned hearing this. He remembered how good it felt the last time he used this magic, then remembered what was happening with Twilight. Could he really wield this power? What if lost control and ended up like his best friend. He'd be causing more trouble then he'd be fixing. "Maybe this isn't such a good-"

"Stop." his pony version pointed at him, "You're a version of me. You can do it. I was gonna tell you that this power...well, it isn't for you, as it isn't mine either." Flash just tilted his head at this, pure confusion on his face. The sight made the pony chuckle again, "Don't worry, I know its confusing. I'll just say this: Don't use this power selfishly, or it won't work. It only works if you want to use it to protect those you care about. If you do that, it'll never betray you."

Flash shined a big smile at this, "I like the sound of that. If this power let's me save her, I'll do it!"

Pony Flash let out a laugh before pointing at the sphere, "Now that's what I'm talking about. You're more than worthy of the power."

Flash nodded as he took a huge breath before placing his hand on the bubble. As he did this, the mist within shot into him, the bubble's light pulsing as he felt power pour into his body. And as he did this, he turned to his pony counterpart, the figure nodding as he began to vanish into the light of the bubble, "Thank you."


The light blazed for several long seconds, everyone freezing as they tried to shield their eyes. And as this happened, the light suddenly vanished, making everyone lower their arms before a new light blasted out of the vortex. This one began to spiral into a tornado, the crowd backpedaling at the sight as Twilight also began to fly away from it. The vortex then arced up, nearly hitting the flying girl before heading back down.

It was here that the spiral broke away from the portal, this time creating a normal tornado, which wrapped around a certain figure. He was kneeling on the ground, crouched down before slowly ascending as an explosion of light blasted off the tornado. It was Flash Sentry, now showing himself fully clad in golden armor, the light shining off his body. His armor was wrapped around his chest, arms and feet. On his head was a mask-like helmet with two triangular spikes coming off his head that formed a V shape. The light from the tornado then flew behind him and hit the back of his armor, forming a pair of crossed swords between his wings that were made entirely of light.

The word magnificent was the word that came to everyone's mind as Flash opened his eyes, looking down at himself with a giant grin, "Wow...he was right. Heck, this is even better than the last time."

Twilight laughed at the sight, "Amazing! You look incredible Flash!" She then floated over to him, reaching out her hand, "You see? This power is incredible and we haven't even scratched the surface of it yet."

"You're right," Flash added as he pulled a sword off his back, his fingers touching the blade's surface, "This power is incredible." This made everyone go wide-eyed, gulping as they heard his words. The very light from this body made them shiver in fear, knowing what it meant if he agreed with her. That is, till he looked up at Twilight, "But if getting more means destroying this world, then I'd rather not have it."

Everyone let out a sigh of relief at his response, only to look up and see Twilight hiss as she flapped her wings, going slightly back as she screeched, "You can't be serious! Look at what we can do with it!"

"I am looking...and what I'm seeing isn't something I'm interested in." Flash put the sword away as he continued, "I never needed power, wealth, fame or glory to be happy." He smirked as he put his hands into his pocket, only to suddenly feel something in one of them that him shine a hidden smile before continuing, "As long as those I cared about were safe and happy, then I'm fine."

"Then why don't you make me happy and help me get to that other world?!" Twilight barked back, magic swirling in her fingertips, "Well?!"

"Because what you're doing won't make you happy," Sunset added as she moved over to Flash, standing beside him. "All that will happen is you'll destroy this world, go to Equestria, and cause problems there. And let me tell you, that world has some of the most powerful defenders ever, and that'll be your last mistake. After that...it'll be too late. You won't be able to undo your mistake, and you'll grow to hate yourself, like I did."

"You're wrong!" Twilight screamed, magic now surging around her body.

"No, I'm right! This isn't the way!" Sunset replied, "I know you feel powerful right now, like you can have everything you want! I've been where you are, I've made the same mistake you're making! I put on a crown and, just like you, I was overwhelmed by the magic it contained! I thought it could get me everything I wanted!"

"Oh, you're wrong. Unlike you, I can have everything I want!" With that, she unleashed a burst of magic right at Sunset. But before it could hit her, two swords exploded off Flash's back, making him side-step and block the attack.

He then crossed his swords, a dome of light appearing around him, making Twilight flap backward from the sudden summoning of light. As she did this, he pulled out a certain scanner out of his pocket before giving it to Sunset, "I believe you were looking for this." Sunset gasped, taking the scanner as Twilight fired another blast. Flash turned back to the battle, seeing the dome begin to crack. "You better hurry! I don't think I have enough to push her back!"

"I know." Sunset replied as she walked through the dome, standing in front of Twilight as she yelled, "You can't have it all! Even with all that magic and power, you'll still be alone!" She opened the scanner and raised it up high, each of her friends beginning to glow, "True magic comes from honesty! Loyalty! Laughter! Generosity! Kindness!" Every time she announced a quality, the girl's magic pulsed, Sunset turning to Flash, "And courage!" With that, the six energies shot off their owners towards Sunset, pooling into the scanner as it began to lift Sunset into the air.

The girl turned her focus to Twilight, no doubt seeing some fear in her eyes. "I understand you Twilight, and I want to show you the most important magic of all..." With that, she slammed the scanner shut before tossing it to the ground. The device shattered, releasing an explosion of magic that made a new sphere of light, this one consuming Sunset. And as it faded a few seconds later, it revealed a new Sunset. This one wore dress a long pink and white dress with knee ledge orange high-heeled boots with wings on the sides, white gloves and orange armbands with her cutie mark on them. Her hair was wrapped upward as a pointed white horn graced her forehead. A pair of golden wings made of light were also sprouting from her back, "The Magic of Friendship!"

Twilight looked horrified at the sight, everyone else gasping or smiling. Flash was also transfixed, not noticing his arm disappear into a golden mist. Sunset then crossed her arms as they began to glow, thrusting them forward to unleashed a barrage of light beams, each striking every portal and closing them.

Twilight growled at this sight, charging at Sunset with a magical fist as Sunset did the same. The blow knocked both back, a minor shockwave coming out of the exchange before both fired a beam of magic. But as they clashed, Twilight began to push Sunset's beam back, making Twilight smirk.

"I won't lose! I will have this magic! Its-"

"Twilight!" She suddenly heard a certain puppy's voice, making her look down to see Spike run around the portal before jumping into Flash's arms. The two looked up at her, the looks on their faces making her go wide-eyed. Spike's face was one of despair, his eyes large and ears drooping. She had never seen him be so sad.

But then she saw Flash. It wasn't disgust or anger on his face, but instead...disappointment. He just showed a long frown, one she had never seen on him, the sight making her eyes twitch as she felt water begin to form in them. It was the look of him not wanting to do anything with her.

She could feel her heart ache at the sight, Flash and Sunset's words echoing in her mind. Her brain went into overdrive, now going over everything that had happened. She knew one thing: Sunset was right. She had forgotten everything. Flash, Spike, her brother, Cadance, Ruby, Lightning and his friends. All for the magic. She looked back down, now seeing that her magic was going to destroy the world, all so she could go into a portal that she had no idea what it was even about.

The teen blinked, her eyes morphing back to normal for a second, "Spike...Flash." And as she did this, Sunset's beam instantly pushed her back, making her look back before she saw Sunset's power overwhelm her, making her scream as the magic began to consume her, "NOOOO!"

She began to flinch, expecting to barrage of pain...only to feel nothing.

Instead, she opened her eyes to see she was in a white void, Sunset floating in front of her while reaching out a hand, "Take my hand, Twilight." Twilight flinched back again, fear devouring her face a Sunset continued, "Don't let the magic make you forget about all the good things you would lose. I know the bad things might outnumber them, but one good thing will always outshine a hundred bad ones. Let me show you there's another way...just like someone once did for me."

Twilight clenched up, tears filling her eyes before she began to slowly reach out, taking Sunset's hand. As soon as she did, golden light flowed from Sunset's hand and began to spiral down Twilight's arm. She closed her eyes as her glasses and horn vanished, a bright light exploding off the two.


Flash stared into the light that had engulfed Twilight and Sunset, hating that he couldn't do anything. But as he did this, a pair of silhouettes appeared in the pillar of light, slowly descending before the light faded. Both girls reverted back to normal, though Twilight looked a little shaken by the experience.

She pulled her hands out of Sunset's, "I am so sorry." She looked down in shame, tears filling her eyes again. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

Sunset just smiled at her, "I know. And going by my own experiences, they'll forgive you." Twilight smiled back, only to hear a familiar barking. She then looked down to see Spike, glasses in his mouth, jumping into her arms and knocking her back.

Twilight laughed as she felt him nuzzle her cheek, only to stop laughing as she saw Flash walk up to her. "Flash..." She stood up, looking down as she muttered out, "I'm sorry. If I had just listened to you, none of this would have happened. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, but-" She didn't finish as Flash pulled her into the tightest hug possible, squishing Spike between them.

"There's nothing to forgive. This wasn't your fault. It was the magic that made you do all that."

"But...you didn't seem to lose who you were when you got it."

"Uh...yeah." Flash chuckled at this, "Let's just say I had a little...help from an unlikely new friend. If they didn't give me the advice I needed, I'd have probably been the same way. But I didn't cause I had something more important then power." Twilight giggled into his chest, hugging back until Spike complained about not being able to breath. They laughed as they pulled away, only to see Cinch suddenly come out of hiding and march over to the rest of the faculty.

"Principal Celestia, on behalf of Crystal Prep, I demand that you forfeit the Friendship Games!" Everyone who heard her glared at the woman, rolling their eyes as she continued, "Clearly, CHS has had an unfair advantage for quite some time, and it's certainly obvious that your students have been using magic for their own benefit!"

Flash was about to march over, the urge to finally deck her too strong for him to resist. Luckily, he wouldn't be getting arrested due to Sunset jumping in front of him with a hand on his chest. She shook her head, giving him a look that said, 'Relax and let this play out.'

"I'd like to think that saving the world benefits us all," Celestia replied as she crossed her arms, Flash deciding he already liked this principal.

It was then that Sugarcoat spoke up, Flash also deciding her brand of tactless truth telling had its moments. "At least they didn't manipulate Twilight into releasing all the stolen magic and turning into a power-crazed magical creature that tried to rip the world apart just to win a game."

Everybody glared at Cinch at that, Pinkie speaking next, "Wow! That's a lot to take in when you say it all at once."

"That's ridiculous!" The principal barked back.

"Nope," Spike added while shaking his head, "That's pretty much what happened."

"Actually," Sour spoke in her sweet voice, "We're all to blame." She then shot Cinch a sour look, "Though it was mostly her."

Cinch growled before turning to Celestia, "Obviously my students have been infected with your magic, but I plan on taking all of this up with the school board!"

Celestia just shined a coy smile, "Good. I'm sure they would be very interested in hearing all about the magical students with wings."

"Oh, and the portals to different dimensions." Luna added, her eyebrows hopping up and down.

"And don't forget to tell them about the talking dog," Cadance finished with a giggle.

"Because that would never ruin your reputation," Spike growled.

Lightning then spoke up, "And while the school board is there, why don't you tell them about how you locked several students up against their will."

This made everyone turn to the teen, only to glance back at Cinch as Ruby chimed in, "Oh? Then maybe we should forget about the school board, and instead decide to involve the police."

"And don't say there won't be any proof." Grand added as he walked into the crowd, having been watching the whole thing from the sidelines. "I was the one who released them, and I can assure you there was no way they could have locked themselves in from the inside. I'm sure all my good friends in the police division would be interested in hearing about it."

Cinch could now feel sweat pouring down her face, making her gulp a she saw both schools now uniting to glare at her. It seemed the games had done just what it was named for, combining the schools as they stared at her, making her backpedal. She then took a deep breath and spun around, walking away as they all knew they wouldn't be seeing her anytime soon.

And as this happened, Celestia spoke up, "Well, I know these Friendship Games haven't been what any of us expected, but given what we've all just been through, I think it's fair to declare us all winners."

There was not a single word of complaint, loud cheers of two schools now muting any negativity out. The Friendship Games were now officially over.


Some time later...

Everything after that seemed like a blur, all the students who had run off returning to hear the details of what had happened. Flash had gotten several hundred questions about what had happened when he leapt into the portal, though Ruby made sure to give him a stern lecture about jumping into magical rifts in the fabric of space.

Eventually, she let up and both Flash and Twilight now found themselves on the front steps of the school. Twilight was sitting while Flash was laying on the ramp beside them, looking up at the sky with his arms behind his head. The two were also wearing medals around their necks that had a horseshoe on them, something all the Friendship Games participants had been awarded. Twilight was petting Spike's head when she heard Cadance speak up. "I guess that was one way to finish up your time at Crystal Prep." Flash then saw Cadance sit down, "Pretty sure Cinch will be fast-tracking your application after all of that."

Twilight shook her head at this, "Actually, I've been thinking about it and...I'm not so sure now is the time for me to apply to Everton."

Both Cadance and Flash went wide-eyed, Cadance asking, "Really?"

"I may know about a lot of things, but friendship isn't really one of them." She turned to Flash, both sharing a smile as she continued, "And I'm definitely not gonna learn more about it by being alone all the time."

"So, you're staying at Crystal Prep?" Cadance's question was met by Twilight staring at the courtyard, seeing all the different students hanging out with those they should have nothing in common with.

"Well, it seems the students here at CHS know an awful lot about the subject." This statement got Flash shine a huge grin as he saw Cadance turn to him, "I don't suppose...you could transfer to this school instead."

"REALLY?!" Flash and Twilight both gasped, only for Twilight to glance back at Flash. Seeing her confusion, he asked, "What?"

"You want to come here too?"

"You kidding me?" He stood up and pointed at the school behind him, "I planned on transferring here the second you left for Everton. This place is awesome, and you wanting to come here makes it even more so." Twilight shined a huge smile now, happiness on her face as she knew what this meant.

"The two of you would certainly be missed at Crystal Prep, but..." Cadance put her arms around Twilight and hugged her, "I think that's a great idea! I'll be sure to speak to Principal Celestia about it right away."

"Yes!" Flash cheered, pumping his arms, "Not only will we get to come here, I'll finally have Ruby off my back!"

"Oh, is that so?" He froze at the sudden voice, making him turn around to see Ruby glaring at him with crossed arms. "Don't think you can escape me that easily. I'll be sure to keep in contact with this schools guidance counselor to make sure you don't fall into old habits."

"Does this school even have a guidance counselor?" Twilight asked, making Flash gulp as he knew where this was going.

Ruby shined a huge grin, "If it doesn't..." She turned to Flash, her glare making Flash backpedal as she continued, "I'll just come and do it myself when I have the time." This made Flash groan before slumping over, the girls and Spike all laughing at his misery.


While that happened, the Rainbooms were standing by the destroyed Wondercolt statue. The Royal Knights, Lightning and his friends were sitting off to the side, all the Rainbooms wearing medals. As they did this, Fluttershy was stroking Angel as she turned to Sunset, "Still no word from Princess Twilight?"

Sunset shook her head as she stared at her journal, "No, not yet." She then slapped the book shut, "But I think I may have figured out how magic works in this world." This caught everyone's attention, turning to her as she continued, "We pony up when we're showing the truest part of ourselves." She looked down at her journal, "I was so busy waiting for someone else to give me the answers that I gave up looking for them myself. I'm sure there will be more magical problems that pop up in this world, but like Applejack said, Princess Twilight and Sir. Flash have their own problems to worry about in Equestria. We can't expect them to always be around to help us."

"But maybe we can be?" Everyone turned to see Celestia leading Flash and Twilight over.

The principal gave them a giant smile, "It seems we have two new Wondercolts here at Canterlot High!"

This got everyone gasping and cheering, the Royal Knight running over a Twilight spoke up, "I'm not sure how much help I could be, but I'd like to try. If you would all give me a chance that is."

Her response was a crowd of grins, Flash laughing as he added, "Welp, looks like you're stuck with us. Hope that's okay."

"Are you kidding?!" Heather almost yelled, "This is great!"

First nodded and bowed, "Welcome to Canterlot High School."

Iron then stepped up with crossed arms, "Just one question." He looked Flash dead in the eyes, "You can play guitar, right?" Flash raised an eyebrow, only to nod, "Awesome!" He pulled him into a headlock, "We finally have a permanent guitarist!"

"Wait, what?!" Heather and First both hugged them in response, big smiles on their face.

"Welcome to the Royal Knights!"

"We will need to get practicing as soon as possible," First finished as they started to pull Flash away. But before they could get really moving, Lightning and his friends stood in front of them.

"You guys gonna be alright without me?" Flash asked with a cocky smirk.

Lightning just laughed, "You kidding? With you gone, I might actually get to relax."

They all started laughing as Celestia turned to them, "Lightning, I'd be happy to accept your transfer if you wanted to come. You and your friends are all welcome here. It's clear you've changed for the better since your expulsion."

The four all shared a glance before looking back and saying, "Thanks for the offer, but we're happy where we are."

Script did a small nod, "I'm sure Crystal Prep is gonna change for the better after all this."

"It'll need us to help sculpt it into a school to be truly proud of."

"Just wait and see!" Wild almost yelled, "One day we're gonna throw the biggest rave ever, and you're all invited!" He cheered, sticking his tongue out while doing the rocker symbol with his fingers. Everyone chuckled at this as Celestia turned to the Rainbooms and Royal Knights.

"I'm sure I can count on you all to help our newest students feel at home."

Sunset threw an arm around Twilight in response, "You sure can." The rest of the Rainbooms pulled her into a hug, the Royal Knights getting pulled in as well.

Once the hugs were over, Celestia headed off with the Crystal Prep students, helping them return to school. Flash and Twilight waved goodbye to their old classmates as they drove off, choosing to stay behind since Pinkie had thrown together a last minute 'Welcome to CHS picnic party'.

Everyone except Iron sat in front of the portal, enjoying the food and drinks prepared. After a few minutes, Iron showed up while carrying a guitar. "Alright Sentry." he tossed the instrument over to Flash, "Let's see how good you really are." Flash rolled his eyes as he started playing, everyone beginning to dance to the music. Then, to everyone's surprise, Twilight started singing.

(Twilight)
I spent so much time searching
Looking' for something' more
Digging' holes too deep
And opening every door

And when you stand too close
Yeah, the picture's never clear
And when you look too far away
It all but disappears

Everyone cheered before deciding to join in.

(Rainbooms with Royal Knights in brackets)
And it was right (right) there in front of me (Oh-oh, ah-oh-oh)
Just too close for me to see (Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh)
Sometimes the things you want
Are not the things you need
And it was right there in front of me

(Sunset Shimmer)
There was a time before
I didn't know where I belonged
I thought I needed more
And that I couldn't get along

(Twilight and Sunset)
But who I am
Was all I ever needed
And when I faced that test
I finally succeeded

(Rainbooms with Royal Knights in brackets)
And it was right (right) there in front of me (Oh-oh, ah-oh-oh)
Just too close for me to see (Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh)
Sometimes the things you want
Are not the things you need
And it was right there in front of me

(All)
Oh, whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

(Twilight, Sunset and Flash)
And it's all I'll ever need

(All)
Oh, whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

(Twilight, Sunset and Flash)
And it was right there in front of me

(All)
Oh, whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

(Twilight, Sunset and Flash)
And it's all I'll ever need

(All)
Oh, whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

(Twilight, Sunset and Flash)
And it was right there in front of me-ee-ee

But as Flash finished playing the last few notes, the portal began to activate. It flash and wobbled before a pair of familiar teens leapt out onto the blanket, both their hands balled up as if they hadn't had fingers before. Sir. Flash Sentry and Princess Twilight Sparkle shook their heads, Twilight talking before she could get a good view of her surroundings, "I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner! I didn't get your messages until just now because I was caught in this time travel loop and honestly, it was the strangest thing that's ever happened to me!"

"That's nothing," Flash grumbled as he shook his head, "I ended up fighting in an all out war and almost became the new roo-" He stopped when he saw his and Twilight's counterparts staring at them, the Twilights looking shocked while Flash just waved at his twin, "Oh...hey. Nice to see you again. How'd everything turn out?"

Author's Note:

And with this, the Friendship Games come to a close. Now we can focus on something we've all be waiting for. The War of the Lost City. How will that change the future of Equestria. You'll have to wait, read and find out.

Comments ( 10 )

Okay, this chapter takes the line between off the rails and predictable and jumps rope with it. All that being said, it was much more engaging and enjoyable than the last one. So, congratulations. Also, I believe I saw this on featured. Congratulations for that too.

That was fun. Human Flash getting to use the Sacred Light to help save Sci-Twi and briefly speaking to Pony Flash was pretty awesome. I kinda wish Cinch got a bigger punishment than just what happened in canon, but this was still a fun adaptation. The next EG thing to be adapted will be Legend of Everfree, and if anyone can turn that train-wreck into something fun it is you.

The War of the Lost City is next and I am beyond excited. I guess the ending scene here kinda spoils everything will be okay but honestly, who didn't expect that to happen anyway? It's gonna be about the journey, not the destination.

Okay this was a fun ride, that scene with EQG Flash seeing Pony Flash's friends & adventures up to this point was awesome, not to mention getting a bit of the Sacred Light to help bring Sci-Twi back was the icing on the cake! :pinkiehappy:

Still wished Cinch got punished severely for all she did, I still like your version though Banshee plus now I'm intrigued more about the The War of the Lost City story coming up next after hearing Flash blurting something out when he & Twilight came out of the portal at the end there! :pinkiehappy:

Some final highlights here :

Cinch pointed at Twilight, "Anywhere to avoid that...monster!" She turned back to them, "And I suggest you do the same!" She ran off while Sunny looked to the rest of her teammates, all of them giving uncertain glances in response.

Yeah still a complete witch, where's a random plant monster jumping out of a portal when you really need it? :ajbemused:

"Is that...the other me?" He mumbled out as he saw the pony stand there, a happy smile on his face. The bubble soon flew away, Flash reaching out to grab it, only for another bubble to come by. This one had what he figured was Twilight's counterpart, only to see another sphere fly by with more Equestrian versions of others he knew. There was a dragon version of Spike, a pony version of Shining Armor, Cadance, Twilight's parents, Principal Celestia and even Grand. This was followed by the pony versions of the Rainbooms, minus Sunset, the Royal Knights, Ruby and Lightning's friends. One even showed him beside a strange humanoid dog.

Then the images got more action packed, one showing Flash battling a black horse with wings and a horn, another fighting what looked like Lightning. There was another with Flash and the dog fighting some amalgamation monster in a world filled with giant pancakes and tubas, the next one a giant snake with wings and scorpion claws. One showed a swarm of bug-pony hybrids while another showed him fighting pony covered in a black mist before a giant rock monster and an even bigger centaur.

Not gonna lie, stated getting nostalgic feeling again for the animated series now that it ended after reading this part! :fluttercry:

Pony Flash turned to the bubble, which pulsed again before he glanced at the human Flash, "Okay, I'll help ya." Flash shined a big smile, only for Pony Flash to shake his head, "But I uh...can't do much. For one, I can't come back with you. It's...complicated."

Okay even more curious now for the upcoming story! :rainbowhuh:

"That's nothing," Flash grumbled as he shook his head, "I ended up fighting in an all out war and almost became the new roo-" He stopped when he saw his and Twilight's counterparts staring at them, the Twilights looking shocked while Flash just waved at his twin, "Oh...hey. Nice to see you again. How'd everything turn out?"

Ahh sure missed those Flash quips, good to have you back! :rainbowlaugh:

A very enjoyable adaptation of the Friendship Games, looking forward to The War of the Lost City next time around! :twilightsmile::moustache:

I honestly was hoping when princess Twilight and sir Flash would kiss at the end of the story making human Twilight and human Flash looking at each other making them think about if they were in a relationship.

10124344
why would they kiss tho? I mean, in front of their counterparts?

Can't wait for the next story.

10124352
Well I'd think that they always wanted to kiss each other in human form and it would start to build a relationship with the human counterparts.

I think it's fair to declare us all winners."

:facehoof: You had it and then you blew it Tia.

nd you wanting to come here makes it even more so."

Also cheaper for her folks, since you clearly aren't using the resources available to you at CPS.

This made Flash groan before slumping over, the girls and Spike all laughing at his misery.

Serves you right for being such an aimless slacker for three years. HAHA

"That's nothing," Flash grumbled as he shook his head, "I ended up fighting in an all out war and almost became the new roo-"

TEASE!!!

Not quite what I was expecting, but to quote Bernie Sanders "That's a good thing."

So up next is the battle over the homeland of the Alicorns. Finally. I'll go get my popcorn and soda. This should be enjoyable, (I've always found the archs that are unique to Flash the most enjoyable)

If you need to borrow an OC for the 8th season, let me know.

Login or register to comment