• Published 16th Oct 2019
  • 34,243 Views, 4,533 Comments

Trust Once Lost - Greenhorne



When I agreed to be sent to Equestria I didn't read the fine print. I'm the wrong age, the wrong gender, and lost in the wilderness.

  • ...
134
 4,533
 34,243

PreviousChapters Next
April Fools Chapter

Taking the day off school I was invited for tea with Fluttershy.

“Now Green this is Fluttershy,” said Applejack, “I understand the two of you have met already?”

“In my dreams.” I snarked

Fluttershy’s cottage was about how I expected from watching the show. What the show couldn’t capture was the smell. It didn’t smell of animal droppings, I guess Fluttershy could just tell the animals to do their business outside, but it did smell faintly of the musk of a hundred different animals, and fresh hay from their beddings. Unapologetically so, there was no perfume or air freshener attempting to cover the natural scents.

I glanced at Fluttershy nervously to see if she had taken offence to my joke, but she seemed to have taken it in stride. As with the first time we met, I really didn’t want to give her anxiety. I could see her eyes scanning me, no doubt taking note of my body language to see if she was frightening me. I couldn’t let that happen.


Fluttershy looked at the nervous filly in front of her and her heart broke, the filly was so nervous to meet her that she had frozen up. The idea that she was causing the filly distress made her hide behind her mane.


I could see that I was making Fluttershy distressed with my presence, but I couldn’t leave either, that would be even worse. My heart hurt in my chest as it started to beat faster.


Fluttershy was the Element of Kindness, and while that didn’t give her any freaky kindness powers, she did have a very well developed sense of empathy, and her link to her element only strengthened that. She could sense that her own anxiety was making the filly more anxious, and a feeling was welling in her chest. A familiar feeling.

“Oh dear.” Said fluttershy


I could feel magic building in the air like static electricity. It seemed to correspond with my increasing levels of anxiety. What if I had another magic surge? What if I hurt Fluttershy? The anxiety, and the magic, continued to build until Fluttershy’s element necklace materialised around her neck.

“What tha’ hay is happening?” Asked Applejack

“I don’t know,” said Fluttershy, “But it feels like, what happened before... you know when.”

“No Ah don’t know when,” said Applejack, “Why are ya bein’ cryptic at a time like this? Is it so the re-”

There was a blinding flash as a beam of multicoloured energy came from Fluttershy’s element necklace and collided with my chest.


When I came to I was in the dreamrealm... wait, does that make sense? Does it count as waking up if you’re in a dream? I suppose it doesn’t really matter.

“Luna?” I called out

I was in an endless expanse of blue, interspersed with stars, though somehow there was an invisible surface for me to walk on.

“Luna?” I tried again, “This is a dream right?”

Luna walked out of nowhere to appear right in front of me. It would have been strange if this wasn’t a dream.

“My little pony,” said Luna, “‘tis not a dream, but neither are you awake.”

“Oh,” I said, “So am I like, dead or in a coma or something?”

“Nay,” said Luna, “Thou art a princess, Green.”

“I’m a what?”

“A Princess.”

“A princess?” I said, dumbfounded, “But I’m just Green.”

“Well ‘Just Green’”, said Luna, “Thou art a princess.”

“But I can’t be a princess!” I insisted, “I’m just Green!”

“Well ‘Just Green’”, said Luna, “Thou art a princess.”

“Now see here,” I was starting to get aggravated, “I’m not a fucking princess!”

“Listen you ungrateful brat,” said Luna, “Thou art a princess, and that’s final.”

“Well what if I don’t want to be a bloody princess?” I yelled, “Did you think of that, you overgrown horse?”

Luna sighed.

“Look,” she said, “You’re going to be a fucking princess, you’ll go to Canterlot, you’ll get your fucking crown, and you’re gonna be fuckin’ pleased about it!”

“I’ll take a fuckin’ shit on tha crown.”

“Now Green, we’ve tried that when we were young and we don’t recommend it.” Said Luna, “Trust us, the public skips straight past the symbolic nature of such a gesture and simply focuses on the act of public defecation.”

“Wat.” I think my mind broke a little

"Green. Thou. Art. A. Princess.” Luna pressed her hoof into my chest, “You’ll play your part, whether you like it or not.”

“But... what am I the princess of?”

“Princess of Anxiety.”


Author's Note:

April Fools.

PreviousChapters Next