• Published 27th Mar 2020
  • 5,409 Views, 166 Comments

Eric Sparkle and the Locket of Prophecies - Skywalker215



A little boy named Eric ends up in Equestria after making a magical wish for a better life and a family.

  • ...
6
 166
 5,409

Chapter 12: Eric’s First Hearth’s Warming

It was now December in Equestria, a few weeks after Rainbow Dash accidentally started winter early. It was Hearth’s Warming Eve, everypony in town was doing some last minute shopping and making other necessary preparations.

At the Castle of Friendship, Twilight and Storm were decorating the tree, it was mostly finished, for all that remained was the star.

“Eric, do you want to put the star on top?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, mommy,” Eric replied.

He had the star in his hands, ready to put it on the tree. Twilight lifted him up and flew to the top of the tree.

“I got you,” Twilight said reassuringly as Eric put the star atop the tree.

She flew back down and with help from Spike, they decorated the rest of the castle. A few hours went by and the castle was completely decorated. Twilight and Storm told Eric everything about Hearth’s Warming and what it’s about a few days before, he really liked hearing the story of how Equestria was founded. Also a few days earlier, Twilight taught Eric all the Hearth’s Warming carols, and he told her about how similar it is to the Christmas holiday from his past home.

Twilight and Eric put on their winter gear went outside. Eric’s winter gear consisted of a dark blue snow hat, pink earmuffs, purple heavy coat and snow-pants, snow boots and a pink scarf, all of which Rarity made for him. Even in rain or snow, Eric always wore his bandana and crown.

They were headed for the Carousel Boutique. En route, Eric made a snowball and threw it at Twilight.

“Heads up, mommy,” Eric said.

Upon feeling the impact of the snowball, Twilight looked back at Eric with a mischievous smirk and said, “It is so on.”

She made some snowballs threw them at Eric, the first one hit his chest, and the second one hit his stomach, but he kept his footing.

“Hey, Eric, Rarity tells me that you blush every time your around Sweetie Belle or when she’s brought up, do you like her?” Twilight asked with a smirk.

Eric nervously nodded with a blush on his face and said, “I can’t help it, she’s just so pretty, and she feels the same for me.”

“She told you, right?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, she told me first,” Eric replied.

Once at the boutique, Twilight knocked on the door. Rarity then came downstairs and opened it.

“Hello, Twilight,” said Rarity.

“Hi, Rarity,” Twilight replied.

“Hello, Eric,” Rarity said.

“Hi, Rarity, is Sweetie Belle here?” Eric asked.

“Here she comes now,” Rarity replied.

“Hi, Eric,” Sweetie Belle said as she hugged him.

“Hi, Sweetie Belle,” Eric replied as the two blushed in their embrace.

After they walked in, Eric and Sweetie Belle helped decorate, while Rarity shut the door behind them.

“Is Eric’s Hearth’s Warming doll finished yet?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, and I am also nearly finished with his Hearth’s Warming gift, once it’s done I’ll drop it off at the castle,” Rarity replied.

Once they finished decorating, Eric and Sweetie Belle just stood there, looking in each other’s eyes and blushing. Eric happened to notice a familiar plant growing on one of the house plants above them.

“Is that mistletoe?” he asked.

“Yes, and do you know what that means?” Sweetie Belle asked with a mischievous smirk.

“Y-Yes, I-I saw Ted and his wife, Lacey do it back in my former home,” Eric replied.

Sweetie Belle moved closer to Eric and pressed her lips onto his. Eric’s eyes widened, but then he returned the kiss. Rarity saw this and gently nudged Twilight’s shoulder, drawing her attention to Eric and Sweetie Belle.

“It appears Sweetie Belle has found her special somepony,” Rarity said.

“Same could be said for Eric,” Twilight replied.

After Eric and Sweetie Belle gently broke away, they blushed and stop there in silence.

Eric broke the silence and said, “That felt....kinda nice.”

Twilight came up to him and gave him his Hearth’s Warming doll.

“Thank you, mommy, you too, Rarity,” Eric said.

“You’re welcome, darling,” Rarity replied.

“You’re welcome, sweetie, let’s go home,” Twilight added.

After saying goodbye to Rarity, Twilight and Eric went back to the castle. Another two hours passed, Twilight, Storm, Spike, and Eric were about to put up their Hearth’s Warming dolls when suddenly, Pinkie Pie came down the chimney covered in soot and said, “Happy Hearth’s Warming Eve!”

Twilight, Spike, and Eric laughed at that. She fell down and Applejack came in the room through the doorway.

“Shucks, Twilight and Storm! Y’all done it up nice and cozy in here,” the farm pony said.

“We’re about to hang our Hearth’s Warming dolls if you wanna join us,” said Twilight.

“Oh, that’s mighty sweet of you, but we’re just stoppin’ in to wish y’all a happy Hearth’s Warmin’ before we go,” Applejack replied then whispered to Twilight, “We also came by to drop off Eric’s presents.”

“I think it’s sweet that your families are spending the holiday together,” Twilight said as she hung the three Hearth’s Warming dolls.

“I’d like to meet your family one day, Pinkie,” Eric added.

“Picture the most fun-tacular thing you can think of. Now multiply that times infinity! Whoo! It’s gonna be great!” said Pinkie.

The train tooted in the distance.

“That’s us. See you later!” Applejack said as she and Pinkie put Eric’s presents in the pile.

“Now can we open presents?” Spike asked.

“But tonight is Hearth’s Warming Eve. Everypony knows you don’t open presents ‘til tomorrow,” Applejack replied.

“When Spike and I spent our first Hearth’s Warming Eve together, he couldn’t wait all night to open his presents! Ever since then, we’ve always opened them the night before!” Twilight explained.

“It’s kinda like our tradition!” Spike added.

“That’s not how our family does it, and I reckon it can’t be how Pinkie’s does it. Is it?” said Applejack.

“No sirree!” Pinkie replied.

The train whistle blew once again.

“Agh! Gotta go, bye!” Pinkie said as she zoomed off with Applejack.

Spike opened up his first present and nervously said, “Just what I always wanted! A book.”

Eric went to go read when he came across a big piano, he was hesitant to play it, since he lost interest last year. He only managed to remember one tune that Ted’s wife, Lacey taught him, it was his favorite, and started to play.

Meanwhile, Twilight, Storm, Spike were finished making dinner, when they heard a knock on the door, Twilight opened it revealing Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash.

“Hi, Rarity,” Twilight said.

“Hello, Twilight, we have some presents for you, Storm, and Eric,” Rarity replied.

As soon as they put them with the others and left, Ditzy came with some packages with bows on them. Twilight had a look at them and found out they were from the rest of the Sparkle family. After placing those presents with the others, Twilight and Storm put heir own presents for Eric with them as well and went to go find him.

Twilight walked through the hallway until she heard the piano, turning to find Eric playing it.

“Eric, dinner is ready,” she said.

“I’ll be right there, mommy,” Eric replied.

Eric stood up and went with Twilight to the dining hall.

“That performance was wonderful, sweetie, where did you learn that?” Twilight asked.

“Ted’s wife, Lacey taught me, I really loved playing piano with her,” Eric replied with a frown.

“What’s wrong, sweetie?” Twilight asked with concern.

“For four years, Lacey was the closest person I had to a mom, she and Ted passed away from a disease called dragon-pox last year,” Eric explained.

“I’m sorry to hear that. If you want, we can play piano together, like you did with Lacey,” said Twilight.

“I’d like that, mommy,” Eric replied.

After dinner was finished and teeth brushing done, Twilight took Eric to his bedroom and shut off the lights.

“It’s time for bed, sweetie, you don’t want to be too tired to open your presents,” Twilight said.

“I can’t sleep, I’m too excited for tomorrow,” Eric said.

“Would you like me to sing you to sleep?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, please,” Eric replied.

Twilight pulled the covers over him and began singing.

(All credit for this song goes to Blue Sky Studios and Anne Hathaway)

“Good night, Eric. I love you,” Twilight said softly as she kissed his face.

“Good night, mommy. I love you too,” Eric replied sleepily with his eyes closed.

The next morning, on Hearth’s Warming Day, Twilight and Storm woke up first. She gently nudged Eric in an attempt to wake him up.

“Eric, wake up,” Twilight said softly in his ear.

Eric opened his eyes, sat up and got out of bed.

“Morning, mommy. Happy Hearth’s Warming,” Eric said.

“Happy Hearth’s Warming, Eric,” Twilight replied.

After breakfast, Twilight, Storm, Eric went to the tree to open their presents. Twilight and Storm had opened theirs from their friends, they went to watch Eric open his gifts.

He opened his first one from Rarity, it was a red and white sweater with his initials, ES sewn on it. Eric’s second gift was from Fluttershy, he noticed something moving, it was an otter pup, like Eric was for four and a half years, this pup was an orphan.

“Mommy, look what I got from Fluttershy,” Eric said motioning to the otter pup.

“Aww, how cute. Have you thought of a name for your new pet?” Twilight asked.

“I’ll name him Ron,” Eric replied.

Eric’s third and fourth gifts were from Applejack and Rainbow Dash, they were a toy train and a Wonderbolts cap. His fifth present was a gingerbread house kit from Pinkie Pie. He got a telescope from his great-uncle, a compass and journal from his grandparents, and from Cadance and Shining Armor, their old dolls, Brutus Force and the pink plush bunny named Lovey. Eric’s last presents were from Twilight and Storm, it was her old doll, Smarty Pants and a ball.

“Look what I got from Uncle Shining and Aunt Cadance,” Eric said.

“That’s Brutus Force and Lovey, your aunt’s and uncle’s favorite toys when they were foals, and this is Smarty Pants, she was my doll when I was your age, and now I wanted you to have her,” Twilight explained.

“I got you this ball, so that we can play catch whenever you want,” Storm added.

“Thank you, mommy,” Eric said, hugging them, “And thank you too, Storm for the ball.”

“You’re welcome, sweetie,” Twilight replied while returning the hug.

After opening his presents, Eric proceeded to raise the Equestrian flag, being the youngest of the Sparkle family. Before he came, Spike always raised the flag.

“Wingardium Leviosa,” Eric incanted as he raised the flag.

A few hours after getting dressed, Eric, Twilight, Storm, and their friends; including Applejack and Pinkie Pie, who just returned from the Pie family rock farm, went to Canterlot to meet their families for lunch. Under his winter gear, Eric wore his sweater that Rarity made for him. Upon entering the Sparkle home, Eric and Twilight hung up their winter clothes.

“Happy Hearth’s Warming, Eric,” Twilight Velvet and Night Light said in unison.

“You too, grandma and grandpa, thanks for the journal and compass,” Eric replied.

As everyone was ready to start eating, Eric thanked the rest of his family and friends for the gifts. They were mesmerized by Eric’s pet otter, Ron.

“He’s so adorable, like Opal when she was a kitten,” Rarity said.

“I haven’t seen anything this cute, since Winona was a puppy,” Applejack added.

After a few hours, Twilight, Eric, and their friends went back to Ponyville, Eric’s five friends were with him. While Eric and his friends were playing in the snow, they met up with Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo, along with his other classmates.

Eric introduced four of his friends to his classmates and teacher. Rumble and Pip were mesmerized by Marina’s and Zuni’s pretty looks, Marina and Zuni thought the three colts looked cute. Slapstick was also mesmerized by Scootaloo and vice versa, she thought he looked cute as well.

Eric began to think about Storm Blade, how nice he is and the possibility of having Storm as his daddy.

Author's Note:

This chapter is set during the episode, ‘Hearthbreakers’