• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 860 Views, 16 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic (Season IX) - DakariKingMykan



Evil creatures try to destroy all love, and Celestia unleashes Daybreaker

  • ...
106
 16
 860

Episode 3: Apple Surprise

Author's Note:

*Sighs* Sure feels good to FINALLY be back to work at this!

EPISODE THREE

Wedding Bells were ringing as a happily newlywed couple of ponies left the New Ponyville Chapel under rains of rice and flower petals thrown by the gathered crowds.

The bride and groom were so happy and blushed as they walked down the stairs, but this happy day was suddenly interrupted by the appearance of a large monster, making everyone scream.

This creature, definitely sent by The Devils, seemed to resemble a large bear. It, like the previous monster was coated in a shadowy aura, and it had huge muscles, strong claws, and wore a spiked armored-helmet, as well as a vest guard across its huge chest.

It gave a huge growl, frightening all the weddinggoers, and then the creature gave a huge leap, slamming hard onto the ground causing a massive quake making everyone fall off their feet.

One pony broke for the nearest emergency switch on a nearby lamppost and sounded the alarm!

The creature then glared at a group of ponies, particularly the bride and groom as they cowered with their friends helplessly against a wall, but the groom did bravely stand in front of his bride to try and protect her.

The creature then launched the spikes from his helmet like missiles that struck the ground near the group, and began to emit dark smoke that began to slowly absorb their love energy, and poison them with evil!

Suddenly, golden rays of light shot the spikes, destroying them instantly, and the smoke stopped.


The creature turned and saw Lightning lower his arm. “May I see your invitation?” he teased.

Standing with him were Starla, Pinkie and Applejack, and many sentries come to help as well.


The weddinggoers were most relieved.

“Starfleet…!”

“Thank goodness you’re here!”

The heroes all smiled, while the monster growled and looked ready to fight.

Lightning instructed the sentries, “Get the civilians to safety, and keep them guarded. We’ll drive the monster away.”

“YES SIR!!” replied the sentries.

“Go!” shouted Lightning, and he and the ladies rushed forth.

Pinkie looked up and all around for something, or rather someone. Most likely she was looking for Dearka.

“Pinkie Pie, focus!” called Applejack snapping her out of her trance, and she put on her straight face again.

She called to the monster making faces at it and taunting, “Hey, Big Brute, come and get us!”

The monsters snuffed and began to rush towards her, and she made it chase her into an open area, away from the chapel where at least one of them could battle it, and that was Lightning since he was the strongest.


He stood glaring at the monster through his visor, and the creature roared and rushed for him, and Lightning did the same.

POW!! Their huge fists collided and Lightning flipped and kicked the bear hard in its evil face.

“Ooh, that’s gotta hurt!” muttered Applejack.

Starla clenched her fists still wishing she could be there fighting alongside her husband, but she knew that the more fighters they were it would only make the beast stronger as it fed on anger and hatred.

“General!” one of the sentries called “We have a problem!”


Starla could see that the bride, the groom, and a few of their guests had turned evil due to inhaling the cursed smoke. They were marching forth like evil minions of The Devils and looking ready to spread the darkness and infect more ponies.

The sentries guarded the unaffected ponies and continued to escort them away while others stood guard not to let them through.

“Get them!” shouted the bride.

“…For Von Devilor!” added the groom!

They and their guests began to charge up and fire dark magical pulses, forcing the sentries to defend. They were quite aware that they could not attack the civilians.


“Oh, I really hate doing this!” cried Starla, but she got out her bow, and set it on “Capture”

“GALACTIC PROJECTILE!” and she fired her shot at all the civilians, imprisoning them in spheres, which would hold them until Lightning could destroy the monster.


“Ha!” Lightning thundered as he kicked the beast hard shoving it back.

While in midair, the creature unleashed its spikes into the ground which puffed out more cursed smoke, and even though the fighters were unaffected by it, they couldn’t let it spread through the village.

“You ready, Pinkie?” asked Applejack.

“Let’s do it!” and she and Applejack leapt in and began to flap their wings furiously blowing the smoke up high into the sky where it all dissolved away.


“PULSAR LASER” Starla destroyed the spikes with her blasts.

“Good going ladies!” Lightning called.

Suddenly, the monster slammed the ground causing another tremor, shaking him softly, and the monster rushed over and tackled him hard to the ground and rammed numerous punches into his face.

“Lightning!” cried Starla. She would have rushed in to help but her husband charged up and blasted a small burst of uniforce at the creature launching it high up into the air.

Lightning bolted upright, and leapt up after the creature. “Now try my full power! UNIFORCE!!” and he fired his blast at the creature, enveloping it in the light, and it exploded in midair and was gone.


“Yee-Haw!” cheered Applejack “Way to put that bear cub down!”

Lightning landed and felt pleased with this victory. He powered down his suit, and the others did the same, but not before Starla released the civilians from captivity, and sure enough they were all back to normal with the monster now gone.

“Are you all okay?” she asked.

The weddinggoers hardly remembered anything other than the monster attacking them. The rest was all a blank, but they did remember enough to thank the team for helping them, so now they could have the wedding party in peace, and they invited the soldiers to partake as a reward.

“Yeah, party!!” cried Pinkie.

Lightning chuckled, “Sure, why not. We need to survey the area anyway and make sure all is clear of any Devil Magic.”

While everyone headed off to party and the fighters began to scout about, Pinkie looked around again, hoping to see if Dearka was anywhere around.

She just really wanted to see him again, for her own personal reasons, even though she knew she was thinking crazy as he was the enemy!

She couldn’t see him, but he was watching from within the shadows of a big tree nearby, and he seemed a little displeased.

“The Ursanizer has been lost.” he muttered softly “Regaurdless, I have gathered energy for my King Von Devilor. I am his servant and I obey and carry out The Devil’s will.”

He then began to recite the oath Von Devilor had laid out before…

“Find all the beings that are in love-- root them out and kill them!

Find anyone who is capable of love and destroy them!

And above all: Find those who are about to be married, and wipe them out of existence forever!

Hate the love in this world, for as long as there is love, those of us with hateful hearts will know no peace!”

His eyes gave an angry glow from behind his mask, and then he disappeared, back to The Devil’s World.



The next day, Lightning was training with Swift Star, making him plow up the fields in New Sweet Apple Acres so the farmers could start planting.

Swift dug through that earth using only his hands and fingers, just zooming right by and making good planting trenches. He had done training like this before at the Starfleet Academy, and now he was better than ever at it while under Lightning’s tutelage.

Lightning watch proudly as Swift plowed the fields up in just an hour, whereas it would have taken the farmers a whole day to accomplish, and they were all very thankful to him.

Swift was out of breath and looked pretty beat and sweaty from his job, but he nodded thankfully and then went off to where his mentor awaited him under a tree.

“I’m done, sir.”

Lightning gave him a strict look, “Very good, but remember, there is always room for improvement when and where it is needed, and only IF it is needed.”

Swift felt a little struck, “But sir… I finished the job, and I did as you told me to.”

“Yes,” agreed Lightning “But you could stand to go a little faster, and conserve your strength. Remember: You must learn to balance your daily chores and your duties, and keep a good amount of agility even after so.

Danger can strike at any moment, and then… if you’re not careful, you could be easily beaten in battle, and then there goes the world.

…Do I make myself clear?”

Swift felt intimidated, and somewhat upset by Lightning’s tone and picking at him, but he knew this was part of standard training-- a test of the patience and courage which every Starfleet fighter needed and all were put through.

“Yes; crystal, sir...”

Lightning’s expression curled into a soft smile, “Good. Come on now, we’ve been invited by the Apple Family for lunch as thanks for the work you’ve done.”

“Great, I’m starved.”

Lightning chuckled and they headed off together.


As they neared the Apple’s yard, Applebloom was bouncing around so giddily and excited.

When they stopped and questioned her, she bounced up and down going in a sing-song voice “My sis is getting married! My sis is getting married!”

The men were both surprised to hear this.

“I didn’t know Colonel Applejack had a colt-friend.” said Swift.

“…She doesn’t.” replied Lightning “As Commander, I would know the background of my soldiers.”


They found Applejack sitting on a large log by Buddy’s house. She seemed most upset, and explained “It’s some arrangement my folks made when I was too little to remember.”

Buddy calmed her down, and he explained what she had told him already.


“Applejack’s folks were deep and dear friends with another family; “The Spices” whom were well renowned for cooking and confectioning.

Ironically, Applejack was born at the same time the Spices son, was born, and they named him “Apple” in honor of their great friendship with the Spices.

They were both cute little tots who loved to play with each other, but the Spice family had to move, as their great cooking skills were taking them all over Equestria, but because the families had such good relationship, and the babies seemed to play so well… the two families decided, and arranged the marriage.

They forged the promise legally, and signed it themselves, and naturally they couldn’t tell their children yet as they were too young, but promised to tell them when they reached the age of twelve, when they would be old enough to understand.”


Applejack pulled her hat down over her face in frustration, but handed Lightning the document, signed by both families, for him to see, and it was pretty legit.

“Ma and Pa couldn’t tell me any of this because of them disappearing when I was ten, and Granny Smith-- rest her soul-- never told me because she obviously had forgotten.”

“Well, where did you find this document?” asked Lightning.

“…I can answer that.” called a voice.

There stood a brightly beige colored Earth Pony, with a short bright red mane, and while his cutie mark was hidden under his clothes, he had a dye of it printed on the front of his shirt, which was a picture of a spice shaker with an apple mark on it.

He seemed to be a little nervous.

“Hi, I’m Apple Spice. Applejack’s Fia-- Fian…” he could hardly get the words out, and Applejack looked more frustrated than ever, and couldn’t seem to bring herself to even look at him.

A long silence followed and nobody seemed to say anything, and soon, Pear Butter hollered from across at the Apple’s place “Come and get it, y’all!” It was time for lunch.

Applejack quickly flew across, not waiting for the others, almost as if she wanted to get away quickly.

The friends could all feel there was going to be some sort of trouble.



Meanwhile, Dearka was bowing before Von Devilor.

“Deakra…” hissed the evil king “While I am pleased with the bits of energy you supply for our cause, however… the fact that our enemy continues to get in the way disturbs me deeply.”

“I understand greatly, My King.” said Dearka “Somehow, I shall find a way to get Starfleet out of our way, and then nothing will stand to stop us.”

Suddenly, there was a sound of hysterical and taunting laughter, “…You find a way to beat Starfleet? Not in your lifetime.”

Dearka turned furiously and shouted, “Who dares interrupt?!”

From out of the shadows stepped a very slender looking lady, with long blood-red hair. She, like all Devils had pale grayish skin, only her lips were colored with shiny red gloss. She wore long black gloves with sharp fingernails on the tips, and long black boots, complete with a sparkling black skirt with the same armor fixings like Dearka wore, only with red coloring.

She shot him a taunting wink.

“Scarlet!” groaned Dearka “I thought I recognized your annoying voice. Just what do you think you’re doing here? I’m addressing his majesty.”

Scarlet giggled softly, “You don’t know yet-- His majesty has assigned me to aid you in this mission of conquest.”

Dearka looked most insulted.

“Well, after all…” teased Scarlet “Even the best need help sometimes, and given the round of luck you’ve had lately, I’m inclined to agree.”

“GRRRR… BACK OFF!!” thundered Dearka.

Scarlet looked cross, “Don’t blame me! I’m merely following his majesty’s demands, or are you questioning our king’s will?”

The two devils snarled at each other.

“Enough!” bellowed Von Devilor “Any issues you have can resolved later. Right now there is work to be done.

Dearka, you will escort Scarlet down on her first mission to observe and engage with the enemy. Is that clear?”

Dearka reluctantly gave in and bowed to him, “Yes sire.” But he still felt rather grouchy about all this, while Scarlet simply flicked her hair with a coy smirk on her face.


Meanwhile, the friends and the Apple Family were all gathered at the large picnic tables.

Applejack and Apple Spice sat at opposite ends and corners from one another, feeling too embarrassed, Bright Mac and Pear Butter, though delighted to see Apple Spice after all these years, felt just as awkward too.

“What’s everyone so down and quiet about?” asked Applebloom “You should all be happy. There’s going to be a wedding.”

Big Mac put his hand on his sister’s back shaking his head at her, “…It’s a little complicated right now, sis.”

“I’ll say it is.” said Applejack, and then she thundered to her parents, “I can’t believe you two arranged this!”

“Applejack!” snapped Lightning “Don’t bark at your folks like that.”

Bright Mac held up his hand, “It’s alright, Lightning; we expected she’d probably act like this.”

Pear agreed and explained, “So much has happened since we came back, and we forgot all about it ourselves, until we received a letter from Apple Spice a week ago, and he told us everything.”


Apple Spice nervously stood and explained, “Well, when I was ten, my folks never told me about this arrangement, and I didn’t remember a thing about Applejack myself… I was just a colt.

I was at school while my folks were cooking at our family restaurant, when there was a terrible accident…!

It turned out the gas-powered stoves and ovens weren’t cleaned out properly by the assistant chefs, and one of them carelessly left the gas on!

My mother and father were getting ready to cook their special treats and dishes when they could smell the gas-leak, and just as they were about to alert everyone, one of the assist-chefs, foolishly-- without smelling the gas-- attempted to light the stove.”

KAPOW!!

When Apple Spice heard the news, you can bet he was devastated.


Everyone felt just awful for him.

“Whoa! Major bummer, guy.” said Tree Hugger.

“I’m sorry to hear that.” added Buddy.

Apple Spice wiped the oncoming tears in his eyes. “Sorry, I just really loved my folks. They were the greatest cooks I ever knew. I couldn’t wait for meal times, and their meals and treats were so tasty, even after I had my fill I just had to have more, and anyone who ever tried a sample of their cooking felt the same way.”

Applejack began to soften up and felt sorry for him, but not nearly as much as her folks looked.

“The newspaper told us of the accident.” explained Bright Mac “Buttercup and I felt just awful. Our dear friends…!”

Pear’s eyes filled with tears remembering the devastation. “When we heard the news, we felt worse for Apple Spice. He had no other living relatives.”

DD looked over at Spice, “You didn’t?”

Spice shook his head, “And worse than that, with the family restaurant destroyed, I couldn’t stay in school anymore either, so I was sent to an orphanage.”

Swift then asked “If you guys knew all this, couldn’t you have taken him in? After all, if was going to be part of your family and all that?”

“Me and Buttercup thought of it.” replied Bright Mac “We felt that boy needed a loving family, and since we loved his folks, we felt he’d be a great addition to our herd.”

“…Only, that was when we had our own little issues.” said Pear “We were still talking about the adoption, when Bright Mac his brother Seeder Breeze got mixed up by those nasty Fruit Bats, and… I guess the rest speaks for itself.”

Applejack could see it all now, “You disappeared, and so I was never told.”

A large hush fell over everyone.

“Poor families…” Lightning thought “It’s like they all suffered from similar fates, only Applejack got her parents back, and Spice wasn’t so lucky-- almost like how I lost my family.”

“What happened to you after that?” asked Applebloom.

Spice sighed “Well, while I grew up at the orphanage, I knew I couldn’t just spend every day moping over my parents, I had to have hope that someday I’d have a living family again, but sadly I was never adopted. Most parents wanted to have younger kids whom they could raise to be their own, and do things they’re way, not my family’s way.

I wanted a loving family, but one that would really let me carry on my family’s legacy of cooking, that’s why some families didn’t take me in, and I couldn’t accept other families-- just not what was wanted or needed, and as I grew older, my chances of being taken in were slimming away, and I realized I’d have to do something for my future.

That’s when I decided to be a confectioner and cook, just like my folks, so I began to study and learn how to cook; slowly making my way up until I could get a job in a restaurant to earn a living.

Once I mad enough money I bought a place of my own, but it’s hard to keep the bills and taxes balanced, I don’t make a whole lot, but at least I get by.

Sometime after I moved into my place, the authorities came and told me they had saved what was left of my parents belongings in a storage locker.

They never told me before feeling I wasn’t responsible enough to understand or look after it.

…And as I was rummaging through old things, I came upon the marriage agreement.

I was shocked, my folks never told me, and when I realized how long it had been, I decided to at least pay a visit, but I’m starting to think I should’ve just kept out of it.”

He didn’t have to go on; he was plain to understand enough at this point.

Bright Mac and Pear Butter decided to invite him over to at least meet the family, and now they were glad he did.

“You’ve been living on hard times?” asked Bright Mac “Well now I feel worse for you than ever.”

“That goes double for me.” agreed Pear.

Everyone seemed to be thinking the same thing, that Spice was alone, and he couldn’t really keep going on like this, but Applejack still felt the same, “I can’t go through with this!” she cried “Marrying some guy I hardly know too well because of some-contract that was made ages, and ages ago.”

“That goes double for me.” agreed Spice “I mean, sure, I really want to have a family again, but this… I don’t think I can do this either. I hardly remember any of the Apple Family. My folks and I were always moving from town-to-town to take part in cooking conventions, so we could never visit; which would have helped a lot!”

Both Applejack and Spice didn’t seem so keen on this marriage thing.

“So, does that mean you’re not going to get married, sis?” asked Applebloom.

Applejack was all in a twist of thoughts. She would have gladly refused, but after hearing Spice’s sad story she was never one to just kick someone out flat.

Spice sort of seemed the same way, not too keen on just marrying a total stranger and all that, though it would mean a much better life for him.

“I think you’re all forgetting something.” said Buddy “That contract is legally binding, and certified by strict law.”

Applejack and Spice didn’t like the sound of that.

“What’s that mean?” asked Applebloom.

DD, having studded a great deal of law and order, explained “It means Applejack and Apple Spice HAVE to get married-- it’s the law. They could into trouble if they don’t.”

Lightning looked at the contract himself, and Applejack and Spice looked at him hoping it wouldn’t be final, but Lightning looked up and between them both, “…It’s final. Unless there is some way to void it, I’m afraid you two are required by law to get hitched… and by the end of this summer!”

Another long moment of silence flowed.

Applejack felt so embarrassed, nervous, and awkward that she excused herself from the table and just flew off. Her parents didn’t try to stop her, understanding she needed some space to absorb all this.

Even Applebloom didn’t feel so excited about it anymore, as though she was beginning to understand a little.


Applejack had flown up an apple tree in the fields. Her appetite was completely gone as she contemplated everything.

“I have to get married!” she groaned in thought “This is just crazy! I never once thought I’d ever even meet the right pony didn’t intend to that much anyway.”

Still, as a Starfleet Officer, she knew the penalties for not abiding by the law were pretty nasty.

Then she thought back to Apple Spice, “Sure, his name is “Apple” and, well, I admit he is kind of cute, and he really could use a family.

Argh! But I hardly know him at all! I only played with him when I was little to remember, and now I have to do all this because of something that I didn’t even agree to?!”

She pulled her hat down over her face, groaning miserably and she was suddenly snapped out of it when the alarms went off right around the farms, right near her place!

“What in the hayfields…?!”


Dearka and Scarlet had appeared, right above the lunch tables.

“Well hello…” hissed Scarlet.

“Look out!!” shouted Lightning, and everyone jumped away just as the two Devils forcefully kicked over the tables, ruining the lunch.


Little Seedling cried and screamed in fright.

“Whoa! You made my baby cry!” Tree Hugger scolded in a soft but sharp tone.

Scarlet only flicked her hair and snuffed.

Buddy hollered at all the others, “Get inside the house, quick!”

“I don’t think so!” sneered Dearka, and extending his claws, he trapped the families in a barrier of dark fog. “I wouldn’t get too close. You Starfleet fighters may be impervious to our powers, but I doubt you are.”

Lightning clenched his fists, growling angrily and thought “I don’t dare try to dispel the barrier by blasting it; I may hit one of them!”

“Poor pitiful, Dearka.” mocked Scarlet “If you want to gather energy, you don’t blackmail them, you instantly infect them!”

Even though she wore a poison-shielding mask, her special power allowed her blow kisses right through it, via her dark energy.

“MMMMMWA…!” from out from her mask appeared a giant lip-smear which made its way through Dearka’s barrier, and hit Spice like a balloon popping. He screamed as his body was enveloped in dark aura.

“What’s happening to him?!” cried Pear.

Applebloom and DD held each other, trembling, and Tree Hugger held the baby close, while Swift narrowed his eyes “He’s being infected by the Devil’s will! I’ve seen it.”

Spice turned to face the others, but his eyes were glowing with evil, his body was emitting the evil energy, and his voice became deep and raspy. “Long live King Von Devilor!”

He began to stomp his way towards the others to infect them as well.

Buddy and Lightning stood back-to-back, and Lightning whispered, “I’ll take care of the chumps; you try and free the others.”

Buddy agreed, and they called “Break!” and split off, transforming in the process…

“…STARFLEET MAGIC!!”

Lightning stood, ready to fight the two Devils.

“Bring it on you two!”

Scarlet laughed, “My, you’re a brash one, quite handsome too.”

Lightning felt awkward, and Dearka was annoyed, “Scarlet, will get your mind on the battle, these are no ordinary adversaries.”

He extended his claws and leapt in to battle, swinging furiously, while Lightning dodged and swerved, then threw his punched at his opponent.

Scarlet then leapt in, shouting out loud, and aiming a high fly-kick, booting Lightning in the side, and sending him flying off.

“See, they’re not so tough.” Scarlet mocked, but Dearka remained unconvinced, especially when Lightning straightened himself in midair, kicked his feet off the ground, and sprung right back towards Scarlet, she quickly dodged.

Dearka simply snickered, “…Told you!” and then he leapt back in to combat with Lightning, while Scarlet reappeared floating in midair thinking “…Maybe Dearka was right about these fighters.”

Then she noticed Buddy standing by the barrier, and he used his alicorn magic to cast some light over it, dispelling it, but Apple Spice was still infected and moving towards Tree Hugger and Seedling, while DD bravely stood in front of them… while trembling softly.

“Leave my family alone!” shouted Buddy.

“VINE WHIP”

Spice turned to face him, and Buddy was ready to attack and imprison him, when Scarlet appeared behind him, “No, you don’t!” and trip-kicked him off his feet, then attempted to kick him in the stomach, but he sprung himself up with his hands and instead kicked her right in her chest-plate.

“Ugh!! How could you kick me like that!” she whined.

“The same way I could do this… LEAF SWARM!”

His razor leafs billowed all around her, but she was ready for him this time.

“SMOOCH OF PROTECTION” she blew another lip-smear, which stood before her like a wall, blocking the attack.

“Unbelievable!” cried Buddy.

Still, he hadn’t forgotten about Spice, and quickly he whirled round, lassoing his whip around his leg, and then with one strong flick, he sent the infected pony flying up high into the air.

Buddy then jumped up high himself, setting his whip on “Capture.”

“WHIPLASH STRIKE” Striking him hard, Spice exploded.


Pinkie could see the explosion from far off while on her patrol. “Hey, what’s that?”



Spice appeared imprisoned in a sphere.

“Good shot, Cous!” cheered DD.

Buddy ignored the thanks and ordered everyone, “Quick, get inside!”

The families agreed and headed for the house!

“Oh, no you don’t…” shouted Scarlet, and she prepared to attack them all again, when Applejack came down, transformed, and landing right in front of her. “Yes, they do!” and she punched the evil Devil hard in the face.

“No one tries to hurt my family and gets away with it!”

“Nice timing.” said Buddy.

Lightning and Dearka were still brawling hard. Dearka punched Lightning hard in the face, sending him flying, but Lightning retaliated, “UNIFORCE” hitting him hard and sent him sailing towards Scarlet, crashing into her.

“Are you convinced now?” asked Dearka.

“Yes, I am… very.”


The two Devils regrouped, and the trio of fighters stood before them.

“All right, you three,” Lightning sneered “We can do this the easy way or the hard way!”

“Ha!” laughed Dearka “In that case, we’ll go hard on you now.”

Scarlet snickered “We’ve only been testing you so far, and we can see you really are worthy fighters, more than a mere nuisance in our mission to eradicate love!”

“But why?” asked Buddy “Why do you really want to eradicate love?”

Scarlet pointed at her face, directly at her mask, “Because we can’t breathe the air here, that’s why!”

The trio seemed stunned, and Dearka explained, “We Devils were trapped in our dimension for so long; our bodies became permanently accustomed to the darkness and the negative energy fields from evil and hate.

We have grown weary of our world and wish to be free once more, but the energy in your world is so bright and filled with love and positive energy vibes-- all this is completely lethal to us!”

He explained that during their first encounter, when Pinkie Pie knocked his mask away, exposing him to the light and positive air around him, he began to suffocate and his skin began to burn!

“If we Devils are to successfully break free from our Devil’s World, we must eradicate all love, all light, and that’s all there is to it. These are the wishes and demands of our King, Von Devilor, and we exist only to serve him!”

Lightning clenched his fists angrily, “Why are you telling us all this? You realize you’ve just exposed your fatal weakness to us.”


Scarlet laughed, “Like it’s going to make any difference if we tell or not. In the end, we’re the ones who will end up victorious, especially after all we’ve learned from you today.”

“What does that mean?” asked Applejack.

Dearka snickered, “This planet is the most ideal target we have ever seen-- so full of love and light that we can convert into negative energy and hatred, to further power ourselves and fuel our glorious king for his triumphant return.”

“Now that we’ve tested more of your battle capabilities,” added Scarlet “It will make things all the more interesting for you next time.”

Buddy stomped his foot “Let’s get ‘em!” he shouted.

Lightning agreed, and he and the others rushed forth, only for the two Devils to combine their powers and unleash a super strong dark wave that blasted all of them back hard, and the crashed along the ground, and when they looked up, the Devils were gone.

Lightning angrily pounded the ground.

“You two okay?” he asked the others.

The others nodded, and as they all got back onto their feet and powered down their suits, Pinkie landed on the scene. “What happened here?”

“Nice of you to join us.” grumbled Applejack.

“We just had a run-in with Dearka and a friend of his.” added Buddy.

Pinkie’s eyes widened, “Dearka…?” and she had a romantic envision of him and his handsome face, and he winked at her “…He was here?” and she fell into a blushing daze again.

“Pinkie…” Lightning called “…Pinkie!!”

She snapped out of her trance. “Oh! I… uh… um… What were we talking about again?”

Lightning sighed, and he and the others could tell Pinkie was getting worse and this would have to be dealt with.

“I’m going to go check on the family.” said Applejack.

“Me too.” added Buddy.

Lightning had to get home straight away and tell Starla. They had learned much about the enemy today, and it had to be discussed, with her and with their majesties as well. Applejack and Apple Spice’s wedding contract would have to be dealt with another day. More pressing matters called.

Then he noticed that Apple Spice was still trapped in his sphere and was starting to come to his senses.

“Pinkie, you look after him, then escort him and Swift Star home.”

“Yes sir!”

Lightning flew off in a zap!

Pinkie walked over to the sphere, and she tapped on her energizer, firing a beam of light at the sphere, dispelling it, and Spice grew back to his normal size.

He softly began to awaken and groaned softly. “What happened?”

He opened his eyes and saw Pinkie looming over him, “Are you alright?” she asked.

Spice looked right up at her, and he could hardly believe his eyes. True, he had heard of Pinkie Pie-- there wasn’t a pony that hadn’t-- but this was his first time meeting her up close and, she seemed like the most beautiful creature he had ever seen.

He then had a romantic envision of his own, just as she did. There was, with her long pink mane fluttering in the wind, and she looked right at him.

“Are you okay?” she asked again, snapping him out of his daze.

“Um… yeah.” he answered nervously.

“Are you sure? Your cheeks look a bit red.”

Spice felt a little embarrassed. He tried to get a hold of himself and stop blushing.

“Um… what happened out here?” he asked “Where did all the others go?”

Pinkie placed her hand on his shoulder, “It’ll be okay…” her hand very warm and soothing to him, making him blush again, and Pinkie’s voice seemed to warm him further “…You just wait right here. I’ll escort you home.”

Then she left to get Swift and take him home as ordered, leaving Spice standing as stiff as a board. There was no way he could deny to himself.

“Pinkie Pie…” he whispered softly, and a large, imaginary image of her appeared behind him, in his mind.

This, and all the other problems afoot, would all be dealt with another day.


As for Von Devilor, he remained as silent and as dark as ever, and he gazed down at the large glowing aura on his lower forum. The energy seemed to be churning and rumbling, almost as it if were alive.

Von Devilor only snickered at it, “It is futile. Just as my dark powers continue to grow stronger, the light of love will diminish.

Now that we know more of our enemies, The Devil’s conquest is about to be more intense!”






(Promo)

In our next episode: While visiting the palace to discuss matters, Celestia is still being terribly haunted by her evil counterpart, and things seem to go from bad to worse as Daybreaker haunts other ponies in their nightmares, strengthening her own power.

Can our heroes repel their evil version of their queen?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Heating Haunts”)