• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 873 Views, 16 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic (Season IX) - DakariKingMykan



Evil creatures try to destroy all love, and Celestia unleashes Daybreaker

  • ...
106
 16
 873

Episode 21: Unveiling in the Light

EPISODE TWENTY-ONE

Lightning and his team were flying through dimensional space on a magical pathway, bound for United Equestria.

“It sure seemed a little harsh to leave without saying goodbye first.” said Pinkie.

“I wouldn’t worry.” said Applejack “I’ve got a feeling we’ll be back soon, anyway.”

Lightning agreed, “Major Fenton is keeping his troops ready, but I know I’m not wrong, we really have to see what’s going on back home.

If they haven’t already seen what The Devils are capable of now, we ought to report what we know, as well the information regarding Dearka.”


Pinkie looked a little down and quiet. Now she knew about Princess Calista and Dearka, making it fully sink in there was no future for herself and Dearka, whether he was a Devil or not.

The others could already tell.

“You okay, Pinkie?” asked Krysta.

Pinkie kept hold of herself, “Yeah… I’ll be fine. Let’s just get home.”

Applejack felt really bad for Pinkie, but she still thought of one possible thing that would cheer her up… but now was not the time to think of it.



Back on United Equestia, the sun was shining brightly with the darkness gone, and yet everyone was gazing at the creature that had emerged from the darkness in the light that aided them in pushing the Devils back.

“Is it really Princess Cadance?” asked Rarity.

“It looks like her…” said Dyno.

“…But something seems way off.” added Myte.


The majesties could tell something was different about her, as well as the faint white aura emitting from her, and her energy forces didn’t seem the same either.



Shining Armor softly approached her “Cadance… is it really you?”

She shook her head at him, “Do not be fooled. I am not Princess Cadance.” she answered in a different voice.

Shining Armor gasped softly, as did everyone.

“If you aren’t Cadence, then who are you?” asked Grand Ruler.

“I have merely taken control of her body so that I would escape my imprisonment, and finally make it here to be able to help you all.”

Before anyone could be alarmed, she assured them “The Princess is safe, for the while.”

“Yeah… that’s non-too-reassuring.” said Rainbow.

The creature maintained her civility. “Permit me to introduce myself…

…I am called Agapi.”

“Agapi?” asked Celestia “Wait! Are you the Great Goddess, Agapi?”

Everyone stared at her in awe, and Agapi admitted, “Yes, I was once a great goddess, but that was many millennia ago, all faded within the winds of time.”

Everyone’s minds were positively riddled with curiosity and astounding astonishment, and Grand Ruler suggested they adjourn into the palace where Agapi would explain everything from the beginning.



Meanwhile, King Von Devilor was positively enraged! The glowing beneath him wasn’t as bright as it usually was.

“This is unacceptable!” he growled “How could this have happened?”

Scarlet and Dearka approached him.

“Your highness, are you injured?” asked Dearka.

“We came as soon as we felt your ailing, sire.” added Scarlet.

Von Devilor turned and glared furiously at them, and the flames around him flared brightly, making them both step back.

He then spoke softly, but sternly, “I don’t know how, but Agapi has escaped from my clutches!”

“Agapi…?” asked Dearka. He had no idea who she was, not being an original Devil.

Scarlet did know of Agapi, having heard the stories, “I thought you defeated her thousands of years ago?”

“And I did…” hissed Von Devilor “…But there is something you both ought to know now.”


He began to tell the same story that Starfleet was about to be told by Agapi herself…


…After Lightning and his party returned home and joined the others in the briefing room.

“It’s an honor to meet you, your grace.” said Lightning.

“Oh… no need for formality.” said Agapi.

Princess Luna cleared her throat, “Now… Agapi… is it? If you will kindly tell us what you know?”

Everyone sat down at the table while Agapi stood at the head where the book containing her legend stood.

“I have gone through this, and while much of it is quite accurate, there are still many things you should know and that I will explain.”

Her story began…

“Many thousands of years ago I ruled in another galaxy. As a great goddess of love and light, it was my duty to bring peace to my subjects. My power was only as pure as the warmest of light.

It could perk up even the most withered flower…

Make the sun shimmer on the cloudiest of days…


Many would flock to me, seeking my great advice and wisdom, which was I only pleased to give and help them with their problems, and I would do my best to help solve them.


But then evil forces from all over the cosmos had heard of my astonishing powers and sought to obtain it for themselves, forcing me and my people to defend ourselves.

The worst of which was him… a creature named “Devian” who thought I was the loveliest creature he had ever seen-- perhaps he was right-- and he sought for my hand in marriage…

However, I refused, for I could see his true desires were to obtain my power as well for wicked uses.


“You’re wasting good potential! With your powers and me by your side, we can rule the universe! It can all be ours!”

“I’m sorry, but my answer is No. I refuse to take over what isn’t rightfully mine.”

You may think you are in love with me, but your words and your lust speak for themselves. You are power-hungry and misguided.”

“You’re making a huge mistake, I assure you!”


“I tried to educate him, and persuade him to realize the error of his ways, but he wouldn’t budge, to power-hungry and lost in his lust for control.

He would continuously lust for me, and come to propose and convince me to join him.

I could see that there didn’t seem to be much hope for him. I couldn’t help him, and refused to listen and understand that he didn’t really know what love is.

So, with a heavy heart I ordered him barred from the empire. An action that still pained me, but I felt it had to be done.

Enraged by my rejections, and sworn to get evil, Devian began to gather followers whom were just like him-- heartless, power-hungry, some even lusting for vengeance against those who wronged them and some who even once had romances and yet were heartbroken in the end.

He taught them not to love, but to hate, and relish in anger and lust for power, and together they all formed their own empire, ruled with hate and darkness to confront the love and the light.

Devian was no more. All that hatred, darkness, and power… he mutated into a devastating monstrosity, and returned to attack my empire!”


Agape remembered that terrible day when the Devils had invaded her peaceful world in large numbers, quickly wasting no effort and showing no mercy!

They laid waste to the lands, destroying parks, homes, properties…

They began to infect her people-- poisoning them with their dark aura and turning them against each other, and feeding on the negative energy spread.

Many of the good people valiantly stood up to fight… and they were easily overpowered and destroyed by the ever growing paths of hatred.

Then, she herself confronted Von Devilor.

“Stop this now, Devian!!”

“Devian is no more… I am Von Devilor, King of the Devils, and destroyer of love!”

He attacked her, forcing her back hard.

“You were right about me, Agapi, I really don’t know the concept of love, but I’ve discovered something even greater than love… Hatred! I’ve never felt such a power like it, much better than the foolishness you hold call love.”

…I thought I’d destroy it, and anyone else who follows it!”

Agapi was lived and shocked at what she had just heard, and what Devian had become, but it was in vain that she tried to reason with him and his Devils, and she was forced to do battle.

She tried her very best, but the vast amounts of hatred, darkness, as well as fear and suffering brought to her people only made the Devils stronger!

She was overpowered, beaten to a pulp, leaving her weak, frail, and hopeless.

“My glorious empire was lost forever, and Von Devilor was looming over me, ready for the finish!”


“You could have had so much, Agapi, but now I’ve destroyed your kingdom and I will continue to destroy until I have successfully annihilated all love in the universe… only the hate shall remain!”

“..No! I won’t let you!!”

Agapi starting to glow brightly and she unleashed a huge wave of powerful light over the entire land, enveloping the Devils and their king.

“What? What are you doing?!”

“I will not let you and your Devils threaten others! I will seal you all away so your evil will harm no one!!”

Outraged, Von Devilor began to fight back, and the combined forces of his darkness and Agapi’s light resulted in a huge explosion, sending the Devils huddling into another dimension that would, in time, become their Devils’ World, where the atmosphere would became intoxicated with darkness that soon adapted the Devils, making them allergic to love and light.


The team was all a mix of astounded, horrified.

“I can’t believe Devian become Von Devilor.” said Fluttershy.

“When I think of all those innocent lives he did take,
And all of the destruction and trouble he did make…!” added Rhymey.

“Hold it,” said Starla “How did you end up in The Devils’ World?”


“I can’t understand it myself…” replied Agapi “Somehow, when my energy clashed with Von Devilor’s power, we wound up cursing each other.

He had mutated into a larger, and wickeder version of himself, and as for me, I mysteriously was imprisoned within him-- contained within a strong vortex on his lower forum.

There I remained as he began to hold me back, and use my pure energy to convert it into power for himself, eventually discovering a way to break back into this world… though the one called Dearka!”



At the same time, Von Devilor finished the exact same story to his generals.

Scarlet and Dearka were astounded.

Scarlet gawked at Von Devilor’s lower forum-- the large, spherical object like a cocoon. “So Agapi was imprisoned in there all this time?”

“And thanks to me connecting with you, you were able to break out of this realm?” added Dearka.

“Yes…” hissed Von Devilor “When I saw you banished from Vistula, and your heart filled with hate, I knew you would be the one to help us, so I made you my number one general.”

Scarlet felt annoyed and sulked grumpily.

Dearka felt rather flattered and bowed to his king, “Serving you has been an honor my king, but what happens now that Agapi has escaped?”

Von Devilor seemed disturbed, but then snickered, “There is nothing she can do to stop us now. I still have Princess Cadance, and her power works just as well.

Our powers have greatly increased, and I want you both to go out there and gather us more power.”

The two bowed to him.

“I’m going back to Vistula.” said Dearka “I still have a little score to settle.”

“Very well,” agreed Von Devilor “Go with him, Scarlet.”

Scarlet reacted with a scowl, but she also thought, “Wait! This could be better than I thought. After all, I know something his majesty neglected to mention to Dearka.

This could play very well with me. In being rid of him for good.”

The two Devils vanished, leaving their king to sneer, “You may have escaped, Agapi, but you’ll soon be wishing you hadn’t when I rule all!”

He began to sap more power out from Cadnace’s spirit, actually harming her and rendering her weak and tired, making his power grow, and he laughed softly.



While all that happened, at the same time, back the briefing room, what Agapi had just said made everyone’s eyes bulge in shock.

“Dearka was setup…?” asked Lightning.

“…By Von Devilor?” added Starla.

Agapi nodded, “I saw it through my own imprisonment…


…As Von Devilor and the Devils began to grow stronger from my powers-- converting the love into hate-- they began to pierce through the dimensional gap to like our world with theirs, and in order to make a perfect breakthrough they required one individual that they could read to from the other side.”


“Thank goodness they didn’t know of Starfleet back then,” whispered Buddy.

The others agreed.

Agapi cast her look upward, remembering the horrible day she saw…

“Dearka was a skilled fighter, and growing vastly stronger, and the vast amounts of kindness and love he had within him would be ideal to convert into hate and darkness!

…When it came to the custom known as The Ultimate Challenge…”

She stopped, and she didn’t have to go any further. Pinkie was able to guess, “…He rigged the challenge so Dearka would lose?!”

“Yes…

Strong enough, to enable small portions of his power to break through, Von Devilor made it so Dearka every challenge, when he would have succeeded.

Thus, Dearka was banished, and after many years of watching him train and power-up, Von Devilor spoke with him, and encouraged him to fully unlock the seal of the Devils.”

She referred to Dearka’s tale when all he had to do was touch the small portal created, which fully unlocked the Devils’ entrapment, and enabled them to fully break into the universe again.

“And worse so…” said Agapi “When Dearka had returned to Vistula, Von Devilor deceived him again, creating shadows of his family and his former love to bash him and turn him away, to further ensure Dearka’s growing anger would peak…

…Thus, making it easy to bring him over to the Devils’ side, and empower him into the strong creature he is now.”


Everyone felt so dizzy, especially Lightning and his team from the mission.

“So everything we learned on Vistula was true.” said Applejack “Dearka’s folks had been dead for a long time before he ever came back, and they all missed him dearly and would have loved to have him back in their lives if they hadn’t kicked it.”

Rarity felt faint, “I can’t believe…

That is just so sickening!!” she thundered. She was so enraged that smoke was coming from her nostrils.

“Honey, honey, take it easy!” said Spike “Remember, emotions… fire…”

His wife calmed down.


“But what about Cadance?” said Shining Armor, trying not to sound whiny “I’m sorry, but where does she fit into all this, and how do we get her back?”

“I will explain…” said Agapi.

“When Von Devilor first absorbed me, my body was already weak and frail from our battle, and the combined forces of our powers completely destroyed what was left, and thus my spirit was imprisoned.

Without a body, there was no way for me to escape.”


Celestia wondered and then asked, “Were you the voice that was calling to Cadance?”

“Indeed, I was.”

Shining Armor didn’t know whether to feel shocked or furious, but simply said “You led my wife into the Devils’ world?”

Agapi could feel his inner rage, “Though my spirit was weak, with whatever power I could harness, I tried to communicate with the outer dimension, but it seemed only the princess was able to hear me, due to her strong connection to the power of love.

It was then I knew she could help me.”


She didn’t have to say much more, everyone else figured it out.

“So you came here in Cadance’s forum, and left her trapped in the vortex?” asked Rainbow “Not exactly what I would call… “Okay.”

“Believe me, I, too, felt the same, but this was the only for me to escape and to meet all of you.

With me fighting by your side, we shall put an end to The Devils once and for all.”

Before Shining Armor could even speak, Agapi answered “And yes… when this is all over, you shall have your wife back.”

Feeling a little at ease, and believing he could trust her, he held out his hand, “Alright then… I’m in.”

“We all are.” added Lightning.

Their majesties and the fighters all agreed.

“So, what do we do first?” asked Grand Ruler.

“Though my power is weak, I am strong enough to bestow upon you all a special power known as “Agapi’s Love”

It will strengthen your skills and strengths, and also provide you with strong protection from the Devils’ toxic atmosphere.”


“Cool!” said Dyno “That means we’ll be able to enter The Devils’ World.”

“And we’ll be able to bust Von Devilor wide open.” added Myte.


“Wait, wait…! We’re getting ahead of ourselves here!” said Krysta.

“She’s right.” agreed Lightning. “We still have no way of creating portals to The Devils World, and even if we managed to follow a Devil into their realm, the odds are we’d never make it back.”

“Agreed,” said Agapi “And do not underestimate King Von Devilor’s power. Even with the powers I will soon bestow upon you all, and my confidence in you is great, we must keep in mind that he is gaining power as well.

He destroyed my entire empire, and his no threat to be taken lightly.”

Pinkie Pie thought it over and then she had an idea. She bolted up out of her seat, “…Dearka!”

Everyone turned to face her.

“Maybe Dearka can help us. Don’t you see, we have all the proof we need that he was tricked by Von Devilor. Maybe, if we can convince of the truth, then maybe he’ll join our side and aid us.

He could create portals for us, and he may know more about Von Devilor than we do… even his weaknesses.”

A hush fell over everyone as they considered the idea.

“That’s so crazy it just may work.” said Spike.

“Um… only one problem.” said Applejack “Dearka isn’t one for wanting to listen. We tried.”

Lightning agreed, “When a man carries a belly full of hate, a few words aren’t going to make him change his mind.”

Then suddenly he had an idea of his own. “Princess Calista…!”

Applejack, Pinkie, and Krysta’s eyes lit up.


“Of course, she’s still alive,” said Krysta “If anyone can convince Dearka, it’s his former love.”

“Right,” agreed Grand Ruler “It’s a longshot, but it’s our best hope.”


He ordered that Lightning and his previous party hop it back to Vistula at once to inform the princess. “Spike… you’ll go with them. If the Devils attack there again, which I think they might, your majestic dragon powers will be of great use.”

“Yes sir.” agreed Spike.

Rarity gave him a proud yet worried expression.

Celestia then said, “The rest of us will maintain vigil here if the Devils show up.”

Starla agreed with her queen along with the others.

“Stand before me all of you, and I shall grant you the power.” said Agapi.

As asked, everyone stood in a circle around her. Then Agapi shut her eyes and folded her hands together. All at once, her body glowed brightly, and she cast the glow upon everyone present.

Everyone felt really warm inside, and yet at the same time felt themselves becoming a little stronger as promised.

The light had faded, yet everyone flexed their knuckles and felt along their arms and legs.

Even Krysta felt faster and swifter, and her wand seemed a little more sparkly. “This feels fantastic.”

Fluttershy hopped a few time, “I feel like I could leap over a mountain without flying.”

Agapi smiled, “You all now have increased your strengths, and the Devils’ toxic aura will no longer affect you, and you also can summon “Agapi’s Love.” which is far stronger than your Healing of Love.

But be warned, using it requires a great deal of the power, and if you overly use it, you will lose your protective force. Only use it if you feel you must.”

The fighters all agreed.

“Let’s go.” Lightning said to his team, and he hugged Starla goodbye again, and Spike hugged Rarity.

Then Krysta warped everyone into space, sending them off on a dimensional pathway, bound for the other side of the galaxy.


Artie was trembling a little bit, thinking that these upcoming battles would be extremely dangerous, and while he was confident with his new powers, he wasn’t taking the threats or the dangers lightly.

“You feeling okay, Artie?” asked Buddy.

“Yeah… yeah, I’m fine.” But really, he was thinking about Sunset back home.


…And far away in New Ponyville, Sunset was thinking of him too.

“Please be okay…” she muttered.




Soon, Lightning and Co arrived on Vistula, and already things were not looking good.

The sky was all dark, and villages in the distance were on fire from the obvious attacks.

“Oh, no, we’re too late!” cried Spike.

“No, not yet we aren’t.” said Lightning “Let’s get to the outpost!”


The team agreed and soared off, reaching the outpost in almost no time at all where they place going crazy as the soldiers came and went, and Major Hawk Fenton was giving out orders.

“Send out the reserves!

Get those civilians into the med-bay.”

His soldiers rushed out and others helped injured Vistulans they had rescue get medical treatment.

Hawk was very relieved to see Lightning and friends.

“Commander… Scarlet and Dearka, they’re attacking, they’re stronger more ruthless than ever!”

“Okay, easy, Major. What are the damage reports and the current battle status?”


Hawk took in a deep breath to calm himself.

“Villages have been ransacked and set a blaze, and the two Devils are attacking near the royal palace, sir.”

“What are the casualties?”

“No deaths so far, sir, but many are injured and hospitalized. We managed to evacuate the villages, but the fires are spreading, and the Devils power is growing stronger.

I’ve got every soldier in my army assisting, but the Devils are still ruthless.”


“Alright… Applejack, Krysta, you two will assist in the casualties and help put those fires out.”

“Right.” agreed Applejack.

“You got it.” added Krysta.

Lightning nodded. “Pinkie and Spike, you’re with me, and you too, Hawk. We’re going after the Devils. Bring as many soldiers as you can spare.”

“Aye, Aye, sir.” said Hawk.


Soon, everyone was transformed, and all doing their best to help out.


Applejack assisted the Pegasi ponies to bring in rainclouds to douse the fires over the. “Come on, keep that rain coming!” she called to the soldiers as she went around, kicking the clouds until every last drop was rained out of them.

“Here’s more…!” called Krysta as she teleported in huge droppings of water from lakes and rivers.

The fires were going out and the soldiers were able to help more civilians.


While over at the palace grounds the royal guards as well as any of Hawks sentries were all huddled at the front gates staring the two Devils down, while the princess was high up and watching from the window.

“Oh, I curse that I’m not skilled in battle and combat!” she groaned “Then I could help my guards down there.”

She looked down at Dearka, and still could barely believe he was behind much of this.

Obviously he still hadn’t seen her and didn’t know she was there, and she knew it was too dangerous to even think of stepping outside.


The guards remained where they were, but Scarlet and Dearka were far from impressed.

Dearka punched the ground making a massive quake that rattled the guards off their.

Some fired their weapons, but it was no good.

“SMOOCH OF DEFENSE” Scarlet’s lip-mark was more massive and wider to defend against every incoming blast.

The two Devils snickered.


“Hold it right there!” shouted Lightning as he and the others dropped in.

“Back again, huh?” huffed Dearka. “You just don’t know when to take a hint.”

“It’s you who can’t take the hint!” Spike snarled.

Dearka’s eyes flared up behind his visor.

Scarlet thought this would be the chance she was waiting for. She could see the princess up high in a window.

“I’ll keep trying to break into the palace. You deal with these punks.”

Dearka agreed, for he had been longing to be rid of Lightning and friends.


Lightning spoke to Hawk, “Go help your team keep the palace guarded. We’ll handle him.”

“Aye, Aye, sir.” said Hawk.

“Go with him, Spike.”

“Right…” Spike agreed as he got out his sword. “Usually it’s the dragon that breaks in to get the princess.”

He dashed over to help Hawk and his men, leaving Lightning and Pinkie to face Dearka down.


Dearka’s body was flaring up with aura as he glared the two fighters down.

“You’ve been pains in my side for far too long. I’m going to enjoy this!”

“Bring it on!” thundered Lightning.

“We’re not scared of you.” added Pinkie.

They both held their right fists behind their backs, ready to see how their new powers would fair.

Dearka roared as he began to charge them, with his fists enveloped in energy, but Pinkie and Lightning just stood where they were, and waited until the last second, when Lightning shouted, “…Now!!”

Both he and Pinkie raised their glowing fists, and bashed him hard, sending him sailing up high.


“What…?!” snapped Scarlet. She couldn’t believe her eyes, and saw Pinkie and Lightning leap up high and kick Dearka down hard, sending him crashing into the ground.

“Impossible!” whimpered Scarlet.

Even Hawk and his team were astounded.

“How did they do that?” asked Hawk “Our forces were barely able to hold them back at all.”

Spike smirked behind his knight’s helmet, and he leapt over to attack Scarlet.

Scarlet defended herself with the plating on her arms, but found him to be much stronger and swifter than she remembered.

Finally, she zigged when she should have zagged allowing Spike to strike her, making sparks fly and sending her back several paces.

“DRAGON FLAMEWHEEL”

He rolled up in his flames, and bashed her hard, sending her skidding along the ground.


“How is this possible?!” she growled.


Spike chuckled, “Let’s just say that we got a little gift from someone really special.”


Dearka pulled himself upright, and he was furious. “…Agapi! I might have guessed.”

“That’s right…” said Lightning “She’s empowered us with her love and light to match your strengths. You won’t beat us as easily this time.”

“Ha!” scoffed Scarlet “So you learned a few tricks, big deal. We’re still stronger and better than you’ll ever be.”


From within his realm, King Von Devilor sensed everything happening, and he laughed. “Indeed you both are, and we’re going to prove it to them.”

The flames around him flared up as his monstrous eyes glowed bright red.


Deep within his core, Cadance’s spirit screamed as she felt her power being shocked and sapped, and converted into evil energy which fueled the wicked king.

His laughing became louder and malicious as his tentacles began to pulsate with aura and his unleashed it from himself… through the vortex, and empowered Scarlet and Dearka all the more.

“Oh, no!” cried Lightning.

Dearka and Scarlet were snickering and grinning so wickedly, Pinkie felt shivers run down her spine.

“Lightning…!” she whimpered.

“Okay, so not liking this!” cried Spike.


Dearka flexed his claws, “First I’ll destroy you, and then this wretched planet I used to call “home!”


Up in her window, Calista couldn’t believe what she had just seen and heard.

“Dearka…” she had never seen him so miserable, so enraged. She knew he needed help before he really carried it too far, but what could she do?


Dearka roared as he charged at Pinkie and Lightning again, forcing them to dodge.

“We’ve got to try and reason with him!” called Pinkie.

Lightning agreed, but he knew it wouldn’t be easy, “Unless…” he looked up at the window and could see the princess.

“Dearka… listen to me!”

“Silence!!” shouted Dearka, and he unleashed an extremely strong wave of lightning bolts, that struck both him and Pinkie hard.

Thanks to their new increased strengths, they were okay, but Dearka then lunged in at them, punching and kicking, forcing them to dodge and defend themselves.

“Dearka, you have to listen!” shouted Pinkie, but all she got was a fist coming her way, which she blocked with her arms, allowing Lightning to trip-kick him up off his feet…

Both he and Pinkie were about to attack again, but Dearka cleverly, and swiftly, spread out his arms and legs, bashing both of them hard.


Scarlet laughed, “So much for them…” and then she turned to face Spike, and rushed him, tackling him to the ground, and ramming numerous punches into his face.

Spike knocked her off him.

“DRAGON FLAME”

“SMOOCH OF DESTRUCTION”

The two attacks met at midway and exploded, sending bits of flame balls heading for the palace.


“Stop those flames!” Hawk called to his troops, and they all complied and used their powers and weapons to blast the rocks, or just plain kick them off, keeping the palace safe.


Calistia was relieved, but her worries retuned almost instantly as the battle continued and the dark vortex grew even wider, making it darker than ever.

“Spike, now!” called Lightning.

Spike agreed, and began to concentrate his power to become the Majestic Dragon.

“…Not this time!” hissed Scarlet, and she began to power up for strong attacks.

“Spike, look out!” shouted Pinkie.

Spike was forced to leap away as Scarlet fired powered blasts at him, wrecking his concentration so he couldn’t transform.

Lightning and Pinkie couldn’t rush over and help him, having their hands full enough with Dearka and trying to hold him down.

“Troops assist!” hollered Hawk “Give the Dragon Knight some room!”

The troops and the guards complied and armed their weapons and readied their magic.

“Fire…!”

Alas, despite the numerous attacks, Scarlet hardly felt a thing, and ignored every shot while continuing to fire at Spike.

“It’s no good!” cried Hawk “We don’t have Agapi’s power.”

“Don’t sell yourselves short!” called applejack as she and Krysta came soaring in, having finished their jobs with the casualties.

Applejack then cast a few tiny parts of her light onto Hawk and his team to empower them only slightly.

“Thanks Colonel.”

Applejack smirked at him, and the troops opened fire again, actually damaging Scarlet and forcing her to defend herself and dodge, which gave Spike a slight opening.

“Let’s try this again!” Spike hollered, and he began to concentrate again.

“I will stop you!!” shouted Scarlet, and she fired a strong blast towards him.

“No you don’t…!” snapped Krysta, and she conjured up a double portal, one to absorb the blast and one to send it back at Scarlet, forcing her to dodge, which let Applejack leap right in and kick the Devil hard in the side and sent her crashing into Dearka.

This gave Spike all the room he needed to complete his transformation, and he became the Majestic Dragon.

“…Not again!!” wailed Scarlet.

Dearka could hardly believe his eyes.

“Spike, attack the vortex!” shouted Lightning.


Spike agreed and flew up high aiming straight at the dark void.

“FLAMES OF LIGHT”

His power, increased by Agapi’s Love flew straight towards it, stronger than ever before.


Von Devilor could feel the strong lights heading his way.

“Oh, no you don’t…!” he bellowed, and he quickly sealed the vortex away, just in the nick of time, causing the blast to miss and head high up into the sky where it exploded in a mighty bright blast, forcing everyone to cover their eyes.

With the darkness ceased, Spike instantly changed back to his normal forum.

“I don’t believe it!” he growled.

Lightning felt just as livid, “Von Devilor…!”


Dearka got up glaring him down, “Any other tricks you’d like to show off?”

Pinkie looked up at the palace window and saw Calista looking down at the battle, which instantly gave her an idea…

…And with that, she flew in circles around him, teasing him and taunting him, “You can’t catch me!”

Engaged, Dearka fired at her, which she easily avoided, and forced him to levitate up to her height, and chased her all around the palace.

“Pinkie…!” Lightning called as he flew up after her.

The others couldn’t question things, for Scarlet was still targeting them all for attacks.

“Even without the vortex, my power is far stronger than anything you dweebs will ever have!”

She charged up all the power she had for one massive blast, which was sure to blow the palace to pieces.

Applejack, Spike and Krysta all stood with Hawk and his soldiers.

“Give it all you have now!” shouted Applejack.

All the fighters combined their magic and weapons together, and fired at the same time Scarlet unleashed her power.

The two forces started out perfectly even, but Scarlet slowly began to pushing back, giving her the advantage.

“We need another boost of energy!” shouted Hawk.

“Coming right up,” said Krysta, and she nodded at Spike and Applejack, and they agreed it was time to give it a try.

All together the trio began to glow brightly, and shouted, “AGAPI’S LOVE” and gave the force a tiny burst of power they had received- careful not to waste so much as warned.

The strength of the light aura gave the magical force the burst it needed to push Scarlet’s power back.

“No…! Not again!!” she screamed as she leapt up high to avoid the blast, but the force the explosion threw her far off.

As for Pinkie, she hovered by Calista’s window and saw Dearka coming up form from below-- levitating with his aura.

“You are mine…!!” Dearka roared as he charged forth.

Finally, Pinkie soared upward, leaving the window exposed, and Dearka halted dead still in midair at who he could see.

The Princess looked at him too. Her gaze practically stunned him where he was.

“…Calista?”

The princess’ eyes began to fill with tears, seeing him this close.

“It can’t be…! I destroyed you, years ago!”

“No, you didn’t.”

Dearka never so confused in his life. He was certain he had destroyed her, and his family and many others. He remembered being betrayed by them all, and Calista ordered him to be captures and executed for returning to Vistula.

“Dearka, listen to us!” called Lightning “King Von Devilor deceived you! He rigged The Ultimate Challenge, which is why you lost. He wanted you to be banished so he could use you to set himself and the Devils free.

When you came back to Vistula, he sent shadows of your family and the princess. He was tricking you into joining sides with him so he could use your power and skills for his own goals.”

Dearka began to tremble softly. “No! You lie!”

“Dearka, please…” sobbed Calista as she came to the window and looked him deeply through his visor.

“You…!” he shuddered at her “I saw you, you ordered me executed!”

“No! I didn’t. When you were taken away, my heart was devastated! I never stopped thinking about you, nor did I ever not pray to the stars that you would return someday, to your home… to me!”

Dearka held his head, remembering all those bad images, especially of his parents telling him to leave and calling him “Failure” and “Loser”

“Dearka…” said Pinkie “Your parents were killed years before you could return, and they loved you. They wanted you back, too, but Von Devilor didn’t want you to have any hope, so he created shadows to hurt you!”

Dearka began to think back, to when he lost The Ultimate Challenge, and how the obstacles seemed to shift like magic, even though Vistulans had no magical energies, and no one was known to rig it.

His folks were devastated upon his being taken away to be thrown out into space, and he remembered them begging for him to be released.

The only creature to ever have any magical contact with him was Von Devilor, and even though they hadn’t met until many years later while he was alone… was it really possible.

“It’s true!” called Scarlet.

Everyone turned to face her. “I was there, I saw it all from day one, and whatever King Von Devilor saw in you is beyond me.”

Dearka’s mouth hung open as he whimpered in shock, “No… No, it can’t be!!”

Scarlet snickered at him, “But it is! And you’ve been helping us Devils all this time.”

Dearka looked as if he was going to burst. He was so riddled with mixed emotions at this horrifying revelation.

He let out a roar, and then vanished through a portal.

“Dearka!” called Calista. She couldn’t hold it in any longer, and she fell to her knees, sobbing softly into her hands.

The fighters all felt really bad for her, and worse for Dearka.

Scarlet was enjoying all the negativity from everyone, and but she was even more thrilled now that Dearka knew the truth.

“This is going better than I planned.” she thought “Now that he’s shaken, the place of Top General is as good as mine.

I must inform his majesty of this.”

She disappeared while the others were distracted.

Lightning felt frustrated that Dearka just ran off.

“Well, at least we got him to listen.” said Applejack

“Yeah, but that’s only half the deal.” said Spike “He may believe he’s been deceived, but can we convince him to join our side and help us bring the Devils down?”

“I hope so,” said Lightning “But first of all, we’ve got to find him. I’m sure he hasn’t gone back to the Devils’ World.

We’ll find him. We’ve got to.”


(Promo)

In our next episode: Dearka struggles to cope with the truth, and Calista decides to talk to him herself, meanwhile a mutiny seems to taking place in Devils’ World as Scarlet is sworn to become Von Devilor’s top general by mounting a double attack on Vistula and United Equestria.

Can Lightning and his friends convince Dearka to fight for their cause?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Daring Devils”)