• Published 16th Oct 2019
  • 3,335 Views, 196 Comments

Rainbow Dash, Please Report to the Principal's Office - TheGuineaPig45



Rainbow Dash has been sent to the principal's office, yet nobody knows why. As theories emerge and gossip spreads through the halls, the CHS student body spirals into chaos searching for one thing: the truth.

  • ...
3
 196
 3,335

10: Discussion

To: Fluttershy
From: Rarity

Fluttershy, darling, could you please talk some sense into your brother? This whole "get-together" idea is dreadfully inane, and an obvious recipe for disaster. You can't bring hundreds of people together and just expect them to talk about their feelings! We have a hard enough time talking about our feelings when we're alone! It's simply not going to work. Please, just this once, save Zephyr Breeze the embarrassment of another failed scheme.

And... perhaps it's selfish, but I really cannot attend an event like his this evening. Both Applejack and Rainbow Dash will be there, and we're not on speaking terms. Plus, the moment I step into your house, everyone's going to mock me for that mullet photo! Ugh, just typing those words made me gag! That picture already killed my popularity. I can't let it kill a perfectly good Tuesday night, too! Of course, I know my peers, so if I don't show up when everyone else does, it will just add fuel to their fire of scorn! Unless this get-together is cancelled, it's a lose-lose situation for me.

So, please, talk to your brother. My heart can't take much more of this humiliation.


To: Silver Spoon
From: Diamond Tiara

Ugh! Father is forcing me to go to that idiotic get-together tonight. It's so annoying! According to him, it might be good for me to "get some perspective" and "realize the consequences of my actions". Um, hello? Obviously, I know the consequences of my actions. That's why I revealed everyone's secrets in the first place! Parents never understand, do they?

Why am I getting punished for this? Sure, maybe a couple of fights broke out because of my stunt, but it's not like I set the school on fire! Everyone was already being a jerk to Rainbow Dash; I just exposed them all as hypocrites! They did this to themselves, not me.

Whatever. Even though Mother already cancelled my second birthday party, Father clearly thinks I need even more punishment, so now I'm stuck going to this stupid event. Ugh! Tonight's gonna be a total dumpster fire. At least I'll get to wear a cute outfit while it burns...


To: Micro Chips
From: Sandalwood

Dude, I'm so bummed you won't be able to make Zephyr Breeze's party tonight. It's, like, the exact opportunity we've been waiting for! A whole night to talk about our mistakes, brainstorm solutions, and eat free pizza with friends... doesn't that sound like a dream? The hype is real, man! I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Really wish you could join us, though. Huh. If only you could sneak a security camera into Fluttershy's house and watch the party on your laptop. Wouldn't that be neat? Hahahaha!

...Too soon?


To: Applejack, Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, +106 others
From: Zephyr Breeze

Hello, beautiful souls of Canterlot High School! This is a friendly reminder that the "First Annual CHS Get-Together", hosted by yours truly, starts in half an hour! That's right, thirty minutes. Now, I don't expect guests to bring anything, but, if someone potentially wanted to supply chips, guacamole, salsa, cupcakes, cookies, popcorn, wings, hummus, or fries, I certainly wouldn't say no!

See you soon, folks!


To: Pinkie Pie
From: Twilight Sparkle

Hey, where are you? I just arrived at the get-together, but I can't find any of our friends. It's so crowded! Fluttershy's house is way too small to fit the entire student body! We should've done this at your place instead.

Oh, Zephyr Breeze is ushering everyone into the basement. Maybe we'll see each other there.


To: Silver Spoon
From: Diamond Tiara

Eww, he's bringing everyone into his creepy basement? If this party turns into anything resembling a murder or a cult, the Shy Family will be hearing from our lawyers!


To: Micro Chips
From: Sandalwood

UPDATE: Zephyr just established some basic rules for the night:

1. Everyone has to sit in a circle.

2. If you want to speak, you must stand up, move to the center, and address everyone.

3. You're free to talk about anything relating to the school scandal or its aftermath.

Now he's encouraging us to get whatever's bothering us off our chests. Looking forward to a productive evening!


To: Bon Bon
From: Lyra Heartstrings

Eek, this is even worse than yesterday's assembly! Nobody wants to stand up and talk, and it's making me really uncomfortable. You know how much I hate awkward silences! They're so disconcerting. Every time they happen, I feel like running away and never looking back! That better not happen tonight!!!

I'm starting to think this get-together was a mistake. The pizza hasn't arrived yet, and the only snacks are veggie straws. Seriously, what kind of party doesn't have Sour Cream and Onion chips?! If nobody talks soon, I think we should leave. I'm getting a bad feeling about this thing...


To: Fluttershy
From: Zephyr Breeze

Sis, please, throw me a bone! I forgot to order the pizzas (also, I'm broke), so if we don't get some conversation going, this whole night will be a bust! Go on up there and speak your beautiful heart out!


To: Captain Planet
From: Flash Sentry

Holy crap! Who knew Fluttershy had such a foul mouth?! She's totally obliterating us right now! I thought she was all timid and quiet! When did she become so assertive?!

They should call her Fluttercry... because that's what she's making me do...


To: Silver Spoon
From: Diamond Tiara

Oh, great. Another one of Canterlot High's heroes is chewing us out for our wrongdoings. Yawn. Really, how is another reprimanding supposed to help anyone? If these girls want to teach us a lesson, they'll need to think outside the box. Like I did.

Also, if I don't get that pizza soon, I will be calling our lawyers.


To: Sunset Shimmer
From: Applejack

Golly! I love Fluttershy as much as the next person, but yellin' at everyone probably ain't the best start to this night. Our peers already know they've done wrong, so if we wanna fix this whole mess, we need a unifying voice. Like yours! Please, hop into the center of that circle and get our class on track!

Uh-oh. Trixie is standing up.


To: Micro Chips
From: Sandalwood

UPDATE: All hope for a calm, productive evening just got thrown out the window. After Fluttershy berated everyone (and then profusely apologized, since she made Flash cry), Trixie decided she would be our second speaker. Yeah, the energy in the room just got real jacked up.

I'm trying to tune her out, but we all know Trixie is a force of nature. As expected, she's spewing out everything she sent in that mass text yesterday. The only difference now is that Rainbow Dash is here to listen. More details soon.


To: Lyra Heartstrings
From: Bon Bon

No way. Did Rainbow Dash really just shake her head? After all that? Trixie accused her of lying to the entire student body, yet she chooses not to comment or defend herself? What does this mean? If Dash was telling the truth, she could've easily shut Trixie down. But she didn't even try to argue... Is there more to this story than we think?

Wow, I really wish we had some popcorn for this. Meanwhile, we don't even have the pizza we were promised...


To: Twilight Sparkle
From: Sunset Shimmer

I cannot believe I'm saying this after everything we've been through, but could Trixie possibly be right? Rainbow Dash isn't acting like herself, even though "the truth" is out. Watch her for thirty seconds, and you'll see the telltale signs of discomfort: shifting in her seat, avoiding eye contact, passing on the veggie straws, etc. Not to mention, we all know she'd challenge Trixie after such an incriminating speech. Something's wrong with her, I can feel it. But what?


To: Pinkie Pie
From: Rarity

Aaaaaand, there it is. The mockery has begun. Sandalwood must think it's soooo funny to bring up my mullet after Trixie's scathing accusations. Well, it's not! I am very upset! It's about time someone taught that tree hugger a lesson...


To: Micro Chips
From: Sandalwood

UPDATE: Rarity is kind of a tool! I brought up that hilarious picture of her to lighten the mood after Trixie's dramatic speech, and she just went off on me! Seriously, she really brought up our birdhouse from the Friendship Games. That's such a low blow! I chose not to respond and amplify her negative energy, but dude... I was fuming on the inside.

Can't believe I was excited to come here tonight. The only saving grace is the pizza... oh, wait, there isn't any! Worst. Party. Ever.


To: Silver Spoon
From: Diamond Tiara

Wow. Sandalwood really opened a can of worms by bringing up that mullet. Once again, everyone's at each other's throats over their little secrets. They're never going to get anything done tonight, are they? Ugh. I warned Father that this would happen, but did he listen? Of course not.

At least nobody's blaming me for this mess. They did this to themselves, and they know it.


To: Fluttershy
From: Zephyr Breeze

Everything is fine. I'm not worried. No siree, this is great! I organized this get-together so we could talk about our problems. And guess what? We're doing that! Everything is fine. Sure, everyone's yelling and talking over each other and not standing up when they're speaking, but those are just minor inconveniences, right? Everything is fine. I'm definitely not terrified of a fight breaking out. And I certainly don't have the police on speed dial! No, everything is fine, sis. Everything is gonna be just fine!


To: Micro Chips
From: Sandalwood

UPDATE: Chaos! Applejack is yelling at Rarity for invading Rainbow Dash's privacy. Rarity is yelling at Applejack for sending Diamond Tiara the mullet picture. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo are screaming. Flash is crying in the corner. Sunset Shimmer is waving her arms around, trying to calm everyone down. Bulk Biceps tried to punch Zephyr Breeze! People are starting to run out of the basement! Trixie is throwing smoke bombs! Diamond Tiara is just laughing! It's INSANITY!

Tell my family I love them, dude. I don't know if I'm making it home tonight!


To: Bon Bon
From: Lyra Heartstrings

Umm, did you hear that? Was that Rainbow Dash?! Is she okay?


To: Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Sunset Shimmer, Zephyr Breeze, +65 others
From: Trixie Lulamoon

Everyone who left, come back! The commotion's over, and now Rainbow Dash says she wants "to set the record straight and end our mindless drama". We're about to find out the truth. For real. HURRY BACK!!!


To: Micro Chips
From: Sandalwood

UPDATE: This has now become the worst night of my life.

In the midst of all our chaos, Rainbow Dash stood up and yelled "STOP!" Everyone fighting just froze, and everyone who had left came rushing back inside. After we re-formed our circle, Dash went to the center and told us the truth. The real truth.

Turns out, the video project was real. Principal Celestia had approached RD about making a "Welcome to Canterlot High" video two weeks ago, and she eagerly accepted the job. There were only supposed to be two meetings in the principal's office, though ⁠— one at the beginning for script adjustments, and one at the end to review the final project. Dash had planned to do most of the work at home, after school, or during study hall. Except... one week later, her grandmother passed away.

It was a shock to the whole family. None of them had expected it to happen so soon, and it really hit them hard. "Absolutely devastating" was the phrase Dash used. But, despite that, she decided to come to school the next day. Being at home while her parents were planning the funeral was just too depressing. And, since she didn't want everyone crowding around her, telling her how sorry they were, how bad they felt, and putting her in a vulnerable position... she just didn't tell anyone what happened.

She thought coming to school would provide a good distraction, but she found herself unable to focus in class. So, she emailed Principal Celestia, told her what was happening, and asked to be sent to the principal's office so she didn't run out of her class in tears. Together, they worked out a deal: Rainbow Dash would spend the next few days isolated in the office until she felt better and was able to properly attend class again. To pass the time, she worked on parts of the video, which cheered her up and took her mind off of more troubling matters. She said those moments planning the project were the happiest she had felt since her grandma's death. Working on something good made her feel good.

Of course, then the school scandal happened. She knew confronting it would only add to her stress, so she chose to stay silent and deal with the situation as best as she could. Remember when Trixie did recon in the principal's office? Turns out Rainbow Dash hid from her because she was in tears and didn't want to be seen. And she didn't tell her parents about the new arrangement, so when I brought Bow Hothoof in, he was genuinely shocked and concerned about his daughter.

As for the PA system? Rainbow Dash wasn't allowed to be alone in the principal's office, so whenever Celestia left, she would have to relocate. Simply put, Celestia was using the speakers to call her back, since her phone stopped working. She wished it would've been more private, but at the time, it seemed like the only option.

Basically, this whole school scandal we've been obsessed with? It was really just Rainbow Dash sheltering herself because she was mourning the loss of a family member and wasn't comfortable telling anyone about it. There was no secret relationship, no cult, nothing. Dash wanted to be alone and sort through her feelings by herself... and we all totally intruded on that.

So, yeah... the night has taken a turn. We've ended up right back where we started. Everyone's sitting in a circle. Nobody wants to talk. No one can even look each other in the eyes, especially Rainbow Dash. It's just... silence. Awkward, awkward silence.

And now Lyra just ran out of the room. Yikes.


To: Sunset Shimmer
From: Twilight Sparkle

I can't believe this. My heart is broken. Rainbow must be in so much pain, and we just forced her to face that in front of an audience. She must be traumatized!

Even though she made up the whole "video experiment" thing, I'm not upset. She needed time to herself, away from us, and that's okay. I just hope she knows that we're here whenever she's ready to talk.


To: Fluttershy
From: Zephyr Breeze

Goodness gracious. It's been a full five minutes since anyone spoke. We've got to save this night somehow. Any ideas?


To: Silver Spoon
From: Diamond Tiara

Am I a bad person? Answer truthfully. Because now that I've heard the truth, my heart feels like it's melting. Ever since this scandal started, I've only added fuel to the fire. No, scratch that. I dropped a whole ton of gasoline into the fire! Rainbow Dash is grieving, and what have I done to help her? Absolutely nothing! Maybe Mother and Father were right about punishing me...

Oh no, I just realized — that "Welcome to CHS" video was the only thing making Rainbow Dash happy, and now it's cancelled! Because of us! We did this! I did this! This is all my fault!

Silver Spoon, please reply to this message. I need an answer. Am I a bad person?


To: Bon Bon
From: Lyra Heartstrings

Don't worry. I only made it across the street, and I promise I'm coming back. Sorry for the scare, but you know how awkward silence gets to me.

Hold on a second. Is that a tambourine I'm hearing?


To: Micro Chips
From: Sandalwood

UPDATE: Wow. What a night.

After Rainbow Dash spilled her guts, it seemed like the party was over. The vibe was dead, and nobody knew what to say or how to feel or what to do. Then, out of nowhere, Fluttershy grabbed her tambourine and started making a beat. Obviously, everyone was confused. We had just had a sick bombshell dropped on us; how was this supposed to help? But Twilight and Sunset started clapping along. Then Pinkie joined in. Then Zephyr, Flash, Lyra and Bon Bon, Rarity and Applejack, Diamond Tiara... and finally, Rainbow Dash herself. Soon, the whole school was just clapping in the basement! (Side note: the acoustics in there were wild.)

And then we started chanting. Not in a creepy cult way, but like, an inspiring a cappella sort of thing. Remember that assembly before the Friendship Games, where RD inspired us to take on the Shadowbolts? It was that.

Na, na, na-na-na-na, Wondercolts united together

Na, na, na-na-na-na, Wondercolts united forever!

We were singing and clapping along with the tambourine for a solid minute when Rainbow Dash joined in with the chorus.

We'll always be Wondercolts forever

And now our time has finally arrived

Cause we believe in the magic of friendship

And you know, at the end of the day...

We all sang the last line together. "It is we who survive!" And, suddenly, the energy in the room just totally shifted. Like, some kind of magical force possessed us or something. Everyone just started laughing and hugging and crying and singing... It was like this perfect moment in time, Micro Chips. Really wish you had been there to experience it.

I don't think we solved many of our problems tonight, if any of them. There's still animosity between certain students, everyone feels immensely guilty for hurting Rainbow Dash, and we didn't even begin to discuss apologizing to Celestia. But after we were done singing and crying, that magical feeling didn't go away. No, the get-together actually transformed into a sleepover (slash proper party). Now, instead of talking about our problems, we're singing karaoke, playing video games, and building pillow forts... It is honestly incredible.

A lot of mistakes were made among the student body, and we're definitely not good. But after today, we're just a little bit better. And that has to count for something.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention — the pizza finally showed up! It was, like, an hour late, but we still enjoyed that cheesy goodness as a school. Man, I wish you could've been there. It was a night to remember.


To: Zephyr Breeze
From: Micro Chips

Hey, Zephyr. Don't worry about paying me back for the pizza; it's my treat. Just one thing, though: please don't tell anyone that I sent it — you're the one who came up with this wonderful get-together idea, and you deserve to take the credit. Go and be the hero for once. You deserve it.

Enjoy the pizza, and have a great night.