• Published 27th Oct 2019
  • 934 Views, 40 Comments

Equestria Girls: Super Pet Pandaemonium - Time Agent pony



What happens when the heroes of the world are brainwashed by a villain? You call the Legion of Super-pets.

  • ...
 40
 934

Chapter 3

The Savage Land

"Well," Krypto said, as he and the others touched down on the prehistoric jungle, "here we are, the Savage Land."

"Wow," Spike remarked, "this is beautiful."

Suddenly, a pterodactyl flew over head, "Whoa!?" Spike exclaimed, "that was a dinosaur!? There are dinosaurs here?!"

"I did say, that is place was a prehistoric world," Ace responded, "all kinds of prehistoric animals live here."

"Anyway," Throg stated, "we must make hast and find our allies and begin searching for the force that is bewitching the world's mightiest heroes."

"Throg is right," Krypto nodded, "we should split up, cover more ground that way."

"Right," Ace nodded, "Krypto you go with Hairball, Spike you go with Throg, Stretch-O-Mutt you go with Lockheed and I'll go with Redwing."

"What about Robin and the others?" Hairball asked, "how will they know where to find us?"

"I told Robin to meet up with us as soon as he's gathered the other Legion members," Ace answered, "for now, we should focus on finding the source of the control signal."

"Anyone clean on the plan?" Krypto asked.

Everyone nodded and the Legion of Super Pet members headed off in different directions.


"Something seems to bothering you, Spike," Throg commented, as he and Spike walked through the thick expanse of jungle.

Spike sighed, "It just seems like I haven't really got anything to offer the Legion," he replied, "I mean you guys are 'The Legion of Super Pets' you guys are amazing and have super cool powers and I'm just me."

"Tis folly you speak, Spike," Throg stated, "each member of the Legion has their own skills and abilities that all contribute to the team."

"But you guys have heat-vision, stretching, fire breathing, shooting lighting and kinetic forcefields and flight," Spike responded, "and all I can do is talk to humans."

"You think you're alone in that regard?" Throg answered, "Redwing is just an ordinary falcon, he may have a mental link with his owner and friend Falcon, but he is just a falcon and before I got my hammer, I was an ordinary frog and before that I was an ordinary man."

"Really?!" Spike exclaimed, "no way!"

Throg nodded and began explaining his backstory. He was once an ordinary high school student by the name of Simon Walterson, a young man with a bright future but a string of unfortunate events led him to a witch who could commune with the dead. Unfortunately Simon was unable to pay the witch for her service and as a result was turned into a frog as punishment, after some time later he was given the power of Thor and thus he dedicated his life to protecting frogs everywhere.

"So you see," Throg concluded, "even if you don't think much of your powers or have no powers at all you are still a hero."

Spike smiled at Throg's words of encouragement, "thanks," he said, "your know for a frog you give really good advice."

"All part of the job," Throg replied, happy to have cheered up his teammate.

The two heroes continued on their way.

After a few more hours of more walking the two came across a clearing.

"Something doesn't feel right," Throg murmured.

Spike was about to ask Throg what he meant by that, but was interrupted when the ground started shaking.

"What's going on?" Spike asked, the ground shaking intensified.

Throg was about to answer, but was interrupted by a loud roar as the source of the quakes came smashing through the trees towards the two heroes.

It was Devil Dinosaur!

"Ho Devil Dinosaur," Throg called, as he approached, "glad to have you am....."

Throg didn't have time to finish as Devil Dinosaur's mouth snapped down at he and Spike, narrowly missing them.

"Whoa!" Spike exclaimed, as Devil Dinosaur turned to attack again.

"What hath gotten into you, Devil Dinosaur?!" Throg demanded, "we are your allies, your friends!"

Spike suddenly noticed something, there was a strange device clapped to Devil Dinosaur's head.

"There!" he cried, "that device must be controlling Devil Dinosaur."

"Good eye Spike," Throg nodded, "but how do we get it off him?"

"I'll distract him," Spike replied, thinking fast, "then you take out the device while he's focusing on me."

"Are you sure about this plan?" Throg asked.

"I'm sure," Spike nodded.

Throg nodded back and with that the two put Spike's plan into action.

"Hey!" Spike yelled, jumping up and down trying to get Devil Dinosaur's attention, "over you big dumb lizard!"

Devil Dinosaur didn't seem to notice Spike and was instead concentrating on Throg.

Looking around, Spike spied some pebbles, he picked up a few of them and hurled a bunch of them at Devil Dinosaur.

This time Devil Dinosaur took noticed when the peddles hit him, turning and advanced on Spike.

"Thats it," Spike thought, "just keep your eyes on me."

He motioned at Throg, who nodded and rose into the air and hurled his hammer at the device on Devil Dinosaur, destroying it.

The moment the device was destroyed, Devil Dinosaur let out a roar after which he toppled over unconscious.

"Is he OK?" asked Spike, as he and Throg regrouped in front of the out cold dinosaur.

"Aye," Throg replied, after listening to Devil's chest, "his heart is still beating, he is unharmed."

After a few minutes.

Devil Dinosaur groaned and opened his eyes, "what happened?" he mumbled, "where am I?"

"At ease, Devil Dinosaur," Throg smiled, "you're safe, you are among friends."

"You were being controlled by some kind of mind control device," Spike explained, "Is there anything you remember that happened before you ended up here?"

"Well," Devil Dinosaur replied, "I was with Moon Girl and we were stopping a bank robbery, we had just finished when Moon Girl went crazy and began attacking me, she knocked me out when I woke up I was in some kind of lab and something was clamped to my head, thats it."

"By the way," he added, looking at Spike with a confused look on his face, "who are you?"

"This is Spike," Throg answered, "the newest member of the Legion of Super Pets."

"Arr," Spike said, smiling weakly, "hi, please don't eat me."

Devil Dinosaur burst out laughing, "You're a funny dog," he declared, "I like you."

"Anyway," Throg interjected, "doth thou remember where the lab was located?"

"I....I think so," Devil Dinosaur replied, "everything still a little fuzzy, but think I remember where it is."

"Then what are we waiting for," Throg declared, as he and Spike jumped up onto Devil Dinosaur's back, "let us be gone!"

Without another word, the three heroes set off further into the jungle, deeper into the Savage Land.