• Published 13th Oct 2019
  • 2,348 Views, 24 Comments

The Universal Traveler - Jason Monroe



Sometimes we wish that we could become our characters. Other times our characters wish they were us. What happens when a writer dies and becomes a character that he made? What happens when that character is weak to magic and in Equestria?

  • ...
15
 24
 2,348

Chapter 4: R&R, Rest And Reformation

Jason's POV

I woke up in a bed that was much too small for me with bandages over the hole in my right arm. I sat up and noticed that I was in some sort of stone room with books, quills, paper, and glass instruments all around me. I took off the bandages on my arm and looked at the hole before putting my left hand over it and focusing. In a matter of seconds a white light glowed and the hole started healing until it was little more than a small finger-sized hole in my right arm.

“How did you do that?” I heard a voice ask before I turned and saw Starswirl staring at me with wide eyes.

“Simple. I used the angelic energy that was formed when you tried to help me to heal my arm, though I couldn't fully heal it because it was caused by magic.” I said while smirking as I saw Starswirl’s jaw drop before he gave me a look of pure rage.

“Why didn't you use that to save Scorpan?” Starswirl asked me as he tried his best to stay calm. I flinched upon hearing his tone before I looked away.

“I can't bring back the dead. I may be capable of killing gods, but I myself am not a god. At best I would’ve restored his body, but his soul would remain in the afterlife. I’m sorry.” I said as I looked away while I blocked out my emotions. I get attached to people easily and Scorpan was no exception. I had already considered him to be a friend, even though I didn't know him very well.

Starswirl cried for a little before he wiped the tears from his eyes and looked at me with a scroll and quill in his magic. “While it is sad that Scorpan died, would you be willing to answer some more questions? Specifically what you meant by universal traveler. You made it sound like there's more than one universe.” He said, which caused me to chuckle a little.

“Your quite right about that. There are in fact multiple universes. I can travel between them freely and some beings that live in the void between universes like to take beings from other universes and put them in different ones. These are called displacers and displaced. I am a universal traveler and as such I work similar to displaced. I have a token much like they do that allows me to be summoned to their universes. Mine is this gold locket that you see around my neck.” I said before showing my heart-shaped gold locket to Starswirl.

“Interesting. How do these tokens work?” Starswirl asked as he continued to write on the scroll.

“The owner of the token imbues it with a message that they want the others to hear. Mine is as follows.” I said before clearing my throat. “I am Jason Monroe, son of Satan and an angel. For those that need the powers of Heaven and Hell, call my name and I shall help you if your goal is peace.” I said in a much more demonic voice that had caused Starswirl to jump a little.

“So the other displaced hear that and can summon you by calling your name? Intriguing. So does that mean you will leave occasionally?” Starswirl asked as he continued to write on the scroll.

“Exactamundo my friend! If I ever vanish, then just assume that I was summoned. Unfortunately I will be taking my leave now. Thank you for helping me, but I want to live a peaceful life in an area where no one is around. So I will be heading to the frozen north.” I said before teleporting to the clearing where I met Scorpan and Starswirl.

I smiled as I absorbed the positive energy from our friendly interactions, before I shapeshifted into a small bird and started flying towards the, currently, uninhabited frozen north.

After several days worth of traveling, I arrived in the exact location where the crystal empire should be in the show. I smirked before reaching down and starting to mold the snow into the shape of the crystal heart.

"And now comes the tricky part." I said to myself as I started channeling as much angelic energy into the heart as possible. After about thirty minutes the heart finally started to solidify before become the crystal heart. It radiated an aura of happiness and love while creating a dome of warmth around me, since there wasn't enough love to make it as big as it should be.

I smiled before I created a crystal pillar and put the crystal heart on it. I then sat on the ground before yawning and closing my eyes as I slowly fell asleep.