• Published 13th Oct 2019
  • 2,333 Views, 24 Comments

The Universal Traveler - Jason Monroe



Sometimes we wish that we could become our characters. Other times our characters wish they were us. What happens when a writer dies and becomes a character that he made? What happens when that character is weak to magic and in Equestria?

  • ...
15
 24
 2,333

Chapter 3: Shit Happens

Jason's POV

‘Grandfather dammit!’ I thought to myself as I crossed my arms and leaned against a tree. I hadn't expected to have to explain my weakness to magic so soon. I sighed before looking up at the two beings, that I now recognised as Starswirl the bearded and Scorpan.

“Well I guess I’ll start with explaining my powers first so you can understand the basics of my species.” I said before standing up straight and taking a book out of my pocket universe, a small brown sack that looked like it could only carry money, and tossing it to Starswirl. He caught the book with his magic and just looked at it before reading the title out loud.

“Demons, Angels, and Nephalems, oh my!: an Explanation of Angelic and Demonic Energy by Joseph Swafford and Jason Monroe. What's this for?” He asked as he gave me a confused look.

“That will further explain my powers since I am only giving you a brief explanation.” I said before clearing my throat. “My powers use angelic and demonic energy, energies that only angels, demons, and nephalems can use. These energies exist all around us and are formed when any being commits an act that is seen as either good or evil. If the being that commits the act cannot use angelic or demonic energy, then the energy lingers and gives everyone in that area either a good or bad feeling.” I explained before smirking.

“That's very informative, but that doesn't explain why my magic hurt you.” Starswirl said while Scorpan just looked at me and crossed his arms.

“Ah well that was to make this next explanation less confusing. Where I come from demons, angels, and nephalems are weak to magic and as such it doesn't work how it's supposed to unless it's attack magic. I only released my disguise because I wasn't expecting the sudden pain. Don't worry I’m fine because it wasn't a large amount of magic. Now if I were to be hit by the elements of harmony then I would die fairly quickly.” I said while smiling as if I hadn't just talked about something that could kill me.

We stood there in silence for about five minutes before Scorpan spoke up. “Well now that that's settled, I think it's time for us to introduce ourselves. I am Scorpan the gargoyle brother of Tirek. This unicorn next to me is my friend Starswirl. He was wishing me good luck before you showed up.” Scorpan explained while smiling.

“Ah, so that's what point I’m at. Let me guess, you were about to go talk with your brother?” I asked while smirking as I saw their surprised looks.

“Yes I was, but how did you know that?” He asked while giving me a curious look.

“Simple. I’m a universal traveller. In one of the universes that I was in this universe is nothing more than a show, a piece of fiction. Now would you mind if I joined you in case anything goes wrong?” I asked while smirking as I made my wings grow out of my back.

Scorpan smiled at me before nodding his head. “No I wouldn't mind if you came with me. Thank you Jason.” He said as he unfurled his wings and flew off. I quickly followed him and took Lumos out of its holster just in case I needed it.

As soon as we arrived I landed a few feet away from where Scorpan landed. I could see him and Tirek talking but was surprised when I saw Tirek suddenly shove his hand through Scorpan's chest, killing him.

When Tirek threw Scorpan's body to the side I quickly took Umbra out of its holster as well before flying straight into Tirek with a kick to his face. This sent him flying into a tree before he got back up with rage in his eyes.

“Who dares to attack me?!” He shouted before he saw me and laughed. “Foolish creature! Did you truly think that you coul-” He started to say before I cut him off with a bullet to his left front leg causing him to roar in pain.

“Shut the hell up so I can rip off your head and turn it into a trophy to mount on my wall!” I screamed before holstering my guns and changing into my nephalem form. My left side changed to become black while my fingers became razor sharp claws. I grew a black tail and black horns as a halo appeared above my head and my hair changed to be half white and half black.

“What are you?” Tirek asked with a look of hatred on his face as he fired a blast of magic at my right arm catching me off guard and creating a hole that went straight through my arm.

“I am a being that is capable of destroying universes when I give in to my demon half, but more importantly I am your judge. For the crime of killing your own brother I banish you to the darkest pits of Hell where you shall be tortured for all eternity.” I said before moving my arms in a circular motion and pulling them apart, creating a portal to Hell directly underneath Tirek. I smiled as I heard him scream and grab the ground before the portal closed, severing his hand. I walked over and picked up the hand before putting it in my pocket universe. I then reverted to my human form before passing out from the hole in my arm.

Author's Note:

Yeah Jason's really powerful, but he's also surrounded by his biggest weakness. I think that balances things out, don't you?