• Published 16th Mar 2020
  • 617 Views, 15 Comments

The Oddyssey of Sunlight Blaze, rise of a hero, Volume 1: Meet Sunlight Blaze - Justafanfictioner



A hope the term "third's the charm" is exact. A whole new character and a new adventure. Sunlight Blaze and his dream to be a hero

  • ...
5
 15
 617

Chapter 7: The day of revelations

Princess Cadence brought Sunlight in her castle and once inside, began the visit by showing him the royal dinning room.

“This is where me, my husband and our daughter take our meals, she said. This kitchen have all the best ingredients you could find in all Equestria, Do you know how to cook?”

“Yes, he answered. One of my parent’s friend was a Chef and he taught me for 3 years all the basis and most of the advanced culinary techniques. Beside cooking, do you know i also followed clothing, design and mechanic classes, and learned karate and judo? Being raised in a rich family offered me lot of advantages.”

“Really? She asked. Can you show me? First, make that recipe!”

Sunlight read the recipe Cadence gave to him and knew that would be a difficult one.

“That’s easy, he said. I will ace this!”

Sunlight began to prepare the specialty of the Crystal Empire under the watch of the princess. Sunlight was doing good as the time was passing, putting all of his talent in it while trying to give to Cadence the impression that was easy for him. After 1 hour of sheer pressure, Sunlight finally presented the result to the princess, who tasted it.

“Oh my, this is definitively the best thing i have tasted of my life!! She said. I mean, not bad, you were not joking. But i find hard to believe somepony like you more in fighting and brain know something about fashion?”

“Well, everypony in Canterlot have to be clothed fancy, he answered. My mother insisted to make me take fashion classes and my father, mechanic classes. I decided to follow martial arts classes by myself.”

“To prove you know what is fashion, she said. I want you make me that dress!”

She showed him the model of the dress, who was a bit light.

“I know this is..uh...A different sort of dress, she said. This is to please my husband if you know what i mean.”

“Right..., answered Sunlight. Do you know which color you want it?”

“Red, she said. Red is the color of love and passion and my favorite one after purple...”

Sunlight began to doubt of something, but decided to don’t care for the moment. After the princess brought him all the items he needed for doing the dress, he began to work. He passed nearly two hours on it and showed the final result to Cadence.

“Perfect, she said. Rarity would be proud of such a beautiful night dress!”

“See, told you! Answered Sunlight. But i didn’t come here to bake or making dresses...”

“Right, said Cadence. Let’s continue the visit. You have to see the Lakes of Crystal!!”

She brought him directly to the place and when Sunlight saw it, he was amazed by the purity of the water and the style of the decorations.

“This is beautiful” said the unicorn.

“Indeed, she answered. The legend say if two ponies bathe in it, they will fall in love.”

She pushed him in the water, (Cinder was not in is bag, fortunately) making the unicorn immediately realized what she had in mind; He used the magic of the magic pearl gave by the seaponies to bend a big water hand who caught her before she jumped in.

“Well tried, said Sunlight with a grin. You surprised me but luckily, i had that with me. I don’t know if the legend about this lake is true, but i don’t want to take the risk.”

He got out of the water and released the princess.

“I knew you were trying to force me to fall in love, he told to her. You won’t succeed.”

“Fine, let’s just visit the royal garden...” said the princess of love.

She led him to the royal garden.

“Sweet Celestia!!” said Sunlight when he saw the hundreds of different flowers, all made of crystal.

“This is all thank to our royal Gardener, Mistmane.” she said.

“Mistmane? He asked. You mean, one of the six Pillars?”

Mistmane appeared behind Sunlight.

“This is exact, she said. Princess Cadence named me royal gardener when she discovered i could shape the crystal in flowers. What you see is the result of many years of work.”

“This is truly wonderful, answered Sunlight. You really made a great work, i could almost mistake them for real flowers!”

“I am glad you appreciate their beauty, said the Pillar. Now, if you excuse me, i will take my break...”

She walked away slowly. Cadence led Sunlight to the next destination on the list.

“Here is the Crystal market, she said. You can found products of every sorts from everywhere in Equestria!! If you are interested by some of the products here, go buy them.”

Sunlight saw a collection of plushies of each member of the Mane 6 that he immediately wanted to buy.

“How much for the 6 plushies?” he asked.

“The habitual price is of 200 bits, said the seller. But the friends of the princess Cadence have a reduction of 50%.”

“Well, i am a her special guest, he answered. Does that count?”

He showed to the seller a proof of what he was saying.

“Normal visitors have a reduction of 10%, he answered. But the visitors like you, who are personally invited by the princess herself have a reduction of 40%. That will be for you 120 bits!!”

“Sold!!” said the unicorn, giving him the bits.

He continued his exploration of the market and saw a stand of magic artifacts. The seller was saying they were 100% authentic. Sunlight stopped in front of the shop and saw many varied items.

“Do something interest you?” asked the seller, who was Starswirl himself.

“Wait, said Sunlight, stupefied to see him of his own eyes. What are you doing here, Mr. Starswirl?”

“You see, Sunlight Blaze, he said. I was watching you for a time. Why? Because you triggered my curiosity.”

“Really? He asked, surprised. Is that because of my...uh...special ability?”

“This is the main reason indeed, answered the magician. Not only that, but you also, like me and Twilight, want to learn more about friendship. I also see you have many artifacts with you...”

“They are gifts, he said. This one was gave to me by the queen of the phoenixes. It gave me the ability of flight when activated. I also received this pearl from the queen Novo, who gave me the abilities to turn into a sea pony and enhanced water bending.”

“They are indeed powerful and useful artifacts, he said. Especially the talisman. But i think you will need more than that if you want to rival the power of future powerful enemies”

He put in front of Sunlight 3 artifacts: A pair of metal bracelets, a mask and a pair of gloves . He present first the two bracelets.

“These bracelets were made by two very talented blacksmith a long time ago, he said. One of them was a dragon, who forged the bracelets and the other one, an unicorn who infused magic in it. The result created an artifact who will give to the one wearing it a total immunity against fire and a huge increase of his fire powers.”

“Cool” said Sunlight.

The old unicorn then took the second artifact.

“This mask is an artifact who belonged to a hero from the past, he said. According to the legends, it gave to him the ability to see trough illusions and show the truth”

Starswirl took the last artifact, a pair of gloves

“These gloves will enhance the power of your magic, he said. They also are fitting with your costume”

“Wow, Said Sunlight. I’ll definitively need them!!”

“So, you told me you are interested in buying them?” asked the old unicorn.

“Sure i am!!” answered Sunlight.

“In that case, said Starswirl. How much do you have on you?”

“Almost 900 bits, said Sunlight. Why?”

“Give me 800 bits and they are yours!” he said

Sunlight accepted the deal and paid. He then said goodbye to him and joined Cadance. This one saw the plushies he bought and smiled.

“Don’t judge me, i am still a huge fan of the Mane 6” he said.

“Now, i will make you visit the most beautiful place of the kingdom, she said. This is in the castle.”

“Is this the bathroom? Asked the unicorn. Because i heard royal bathrooms are the most beautiful of all!”

She didn't answer and continued to walk. They entered in the castle a second time but this time, they were heading for a different room.

“This is the room of Flurry Heart, she said. You will love her when you’ll see her...”

Cadence opened the door and let Sunlight enter. Flurry Heart immediately stopped playing with her toys and flew in the arms of her mother.

“Look at her, she said, can you resist to that face? She is so cute...”

“Why her wings are so...huge? He asked. is this normal?”

“Well, this is because she was born alicorn” answered Cadence.

Flurry Heart flew around Sunlight and landed on his face. He tried to remove her, but she resisted.

“How can a baby be so strong?! He said, panicked. She is literally stuck in my face!!”

Cinder immediately came to his rescue and flew around him and Flurry. The baby’s attention changed from Sunlight to the phoenix, of which the bright colors triggered her curiosity. Sunlight took a long breath.

“Thank you, Cinder!! Said the unicorn. I can finally breathe!!”

He looked around and saw that the princess was gone, he immediately thought she was preparing something.

“She already tried a charm spell on me, then push me in a lake maybe filled with love magic. What she could possibly do next?” he asked to himself.

He immediately regretted asking that question, because he suddenly remembered the meal he prepared and the dress he made sooner and realized what that meant.

“Please tell me she is not going to get to that point, he said to himself. I know she have love at heart and his her mojo, but she need to slow down.”

Cadence grabbed him with her magic and brought him in her room. She was wearing the dress and the meal he made was also near to the bed. She immobilized his legs with magical chains.

“You are incredibly stubborn, you know, she said. You have resisted all the day to my attempts to make you fall in love. You have a strong mind, but i can break you, i will break you!! by using the most powerful weapon of a lady: her charm and her body.”

“Wait, did you forgot you have a husband?!” said Sunlight, panicked and resisting to the sensual dance of Cadence.

She ignored what he said and decided now to came closer of him.

“Oh, and screw it!! Thought Sunlight. There is only one way i can stop it!!”

He took a breath.

“I am sorry, Princess Cadence” said the unicorn.

“What? Sorry? For what?” she asked, confused.

“Of my attitude toward you this morning and the rest of the day, he answered. I shouldn’t have provoked you like i did, i admit what i said hurt your feelings.”

“Really? She said. I...”

“I am sorry if my attitude forced you to take these means, he said. I am the one who lead you to madness. I shouldn’t have been so rude and petty toward you.”

“I...” try to said Cadence, more confused.

“The truth is i have no problem with love, i understand it’s importance. But all the day, you tried to force me to fall in love first with another mare, then after, you. This is why i resisted, because you forced me to feel love, but love can’t be forced, you should knew that more than anyone else as the princess of love. If i fall in love one day, then i will fall in love, true love is natural, like the one between you and Shining Armor.”

She released him and suddenly felt ashamed.

“I am sorry, she said. For everything i did to you. My attitude was unworthy of a princess of love. I should have respected your opinion on love, but instead, i just wanted to change it. Thank you for remembering me that love need to came from our own heart. I ruined your day, you didn’t learnt nothing at all”

“You are wrong, he said. I learned today that rejecting someone being harassing is not the right solution. I saw you were going mad, and i think if i had told you that you were wrong the sooner possible, we could have both passed a good day.”

Cadence disappeared for a minute then reappeared with a little box.

“This is the least i can do for you to apologize, she said. Please accept this as a gift of forgiveness.”

She opened the box and Sunlight saw that the item inside was a mirror.

“This mirror is magic, she said. You can ask any question to it and it will give you the answer and reveal the truth. But you can ask only 3 questions to it in your whole life, so choose them carefully.”

“Thank you, Princess, he said. But now, i have to return to Ponyville. Starlight is certainly waiting for me!!”

“Hum, Didn’t you have a phoenix at your sides earlier?” she asked.

“I forgot about this!! Said Sunlight. I hope she is fine!!”

The two ponies entered in the baby room and saw Flurry Heart asleep. Cinder was exhausted but when she saw her master, she immediately rejoined him. Sunlight said goodbye a last time to Cadence and Flurry Heart, then disappeared. He reappear at the entrance of the empire where Starlight was waiting. She brought him back to the castle of Friendship and Sunlight explained everything that happened today on a letter that he sent to Twilight. Then when the night came, his attention was focused on the mirror.

“I have to give it a try” he thought.

He took the mirror and thought about a question on something bothering him since he was born

“Okay, he said. Do my parents know something about me that i don’t know?”

The glass teleported Sunlight in a vision of his past he didn’t remember. He saw himself as a baby, abandoned at proximity of Canterlot. He saw two ponies he have been knowing his whole life: his parents. The cold truth hit him in the feelings when he understood that he have been adopted. He came back in the real world, in tears. He wanted to stop now, but he was thinking that if his parents never told him he have been adopted, then maybe they knew other things he didn’t.

“What else did i ignore about my past? Told me!!”

The mirror revealed a vision further in the past. He saw himself in the right arm of her biological mother, but he saw in her left arm another baby, a girl. Sunlight didn’t took long to realize he had a sister. Then he saw them put both of them in beds. The other baby had a darker orange skin, and a bi-colored red and yellow mane. He read a name on the face of the little bed which was his name, then read the name in front of the bed of her sister, a name who was not unfamiliar to him once he realized he knew the pony with that name almost half of his live without even realizing she was his sister. Her name was Sunset Shimmer. He returned in the present and wrote 3 letters: one at the attention of Starlight, the second one, to Twilight and the last one, to his adoptive parents. Then he grab all of is stuff and find the mirror leading to the world where he would find her. Once he jumped trought it, he fell on the ground. It took him 30 long minutes before he was able to stand up and walk correctly, then looked up and saw a school in front of him.

“Wait for me, sis, he thought out loud. Your brother is coming for you...”