• Published 16th Mar 2020
  • 617 Views, 15 Comments

The Oddyssey of Sunlight Blaze, rise of a hero, Volume 1: Meet Sunlight Blaze - Justafanfictioner



A hope the term "third's the charm" is exact. A whole new character and a new adventure. Sunlight Blaze and his dream to be a hero

  • ...
5
 15
 617

Chapter 3: New unexpected friends for Sunlight

Sunlight opened his eyes and looked around him to find where he was. A nurse suddenly entered the room and noticed that he was awake.

“Do you feel better, Mr. Sunlight? Said the nurse. You have been sleeping for a while!”

“I feel better, he answered. But can you told me what happened after falling unconscious?”

“I don’t know everything, she answered. But i remember that Twilight and her friends brought you at the hospital, you were having a rare case of hypothermia. They stayed at your side for a long time, they were worried for you. But with the help of Spike fire breath, we have been able to warm your body.”

“They stayed at my side? Asked Sunlight, still a little bit tired. For me? why? And how did they learned about my ability to absorb heat?”

“Everyone is important, said Starlight, suddenly entering the room. You are our friend and friends don’t let down a friend in need. And for what is your ability to absorb heat, we only discovered it because Spike sneezed on you.”

Sunlight got off of his bed and landed on his hooves.

“I am sorry if i ruined your friendship reunion with princess Twilight, said the male unicorn. I feel terribly guilty about it.”

“Not totally, she said. Sure, we had to left the party, but at least we were together while staying with you in the hospital”

Sunlight Blaze looked at the nurse, named Red Heart.

“You told me i was suffering from hypothermia, how did that happen? He asked. It was not very cold outside”

“I think i know, said Starlight. You can absorb heat, you said, right? And What cause hypothermia is a dangerously drop of the body temperature.”

“I put a lot of my energy in my Blazing Supernova, said the stallion. After that, i felt kinda tired. I was starting to shiver. Like if each second fire was coming out of my body, a part of my vital energy also got out of me....”

“That would make sense, said the Headmare. The more fire magic you use, the more heat you loose. in your case, heat is what make you live. Also, when Spike accidentally sneezed on you, we saw your body absorbing the fire and you getting better. This is an ability I have never seen in a pony, or any other creatures”

“So, if you are right, creating fire magic from my body drain my life energy, which lower my body temperature and cause hypothermia, then death. said the unicorn. But what if i absorb a great quantity of fire?”

“Hum, she answered. Technically, that could significantly boost your physical and magical abilities, or the power of any spell you use. Like a temporary superpower mode! I also suppose That could also accelerate your healing factor, making your wounds heal faster.”

“That is cool, he said. But i look at the clock and the classes will begin shortly! Thank you, nurse Red Heart!!”

“All the pleasure was for me!!” she said.

Starlight teleported herself and Sunlight in the school, then Sunlight grabbed his school schedule, a bag with the scholar stuff he needed and ran in direction of Fluttershy’s Kindness class. He entered just before the bell rang and took place in a free chair. Fluttershy saw him and smile, happy he was in perfect shape. In the class were also Smolder and Ocellus, who saluted him with a hand move.

“Welcome to another kindness class everyone, she said. Today, we will be learning how to feed wild animals and how to pet them!”

The students get excited by the activity and everyone began to put down their stuff. Smolder walked in the direction of Sunlight to talk with him.

“Hi, Sunlight, she said. I learned what happened to you yesterday and i know this is my fault, i am sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry, he answered. That incident made me discover something i didn’t even knew. I will explain that to you on the way. Oh, and hello, Ocellus!”

“Hi, she said. I am happy to see you have recovered from yesterday.”

“Me too, said Fluttershy. You really scared us, you know. You were looking so weak and you were shaking like if you were covered of ice”

“Yes, that was the case, said the unicorn. The sudden heat drop from my body caused to me a case of hypothermia. I will all explain it to you all on the way”

The group left the class and started to walk toward the exit of the school. While they were walking, Sunlight explained to Fluttershy, Smolder and Ocellus the his body was able to channel heat and fire to convert it into magic and vital energy. He also told them that on the contrary, using too much of his fire magic will cause his body temperature to drop drastically low and make him faint from hypothermia, like he did yesterday.

“Awesome!! You can almost be a dragon with that kind of power, said Smolder. Oh!! I know!! Maybe you can visit us in our kingdom, Lord Ember will be impressed by you and plus, this is hot here, full of fire, heat and lava!!”

“That sound really awesome!! Said the stallion. I would love visit your lands. In fact, i would love to visit every kingdom of Equestria!”

“So, you will come visit the Changeling kingdom?” asked Ocellus.

“Of course!! Answered Sunlight. I want to see Equestria in her glory and beauty from my eyes!!”

“Maybe you can ask Starlight for that at the end of the class, said Fluttershy. She will certainly allow you to go on a field trip. But now, we are arrived at destination! Sunlight, i present you my animal sanctuary!!”

Sunlight was amazed by the pure beauty and grace of what he had in front of his eyes (I was talking about the sanctuary and the background, not Fluttershy).

“This is a beautiful place, Miss Fluttershy, he said. I never had the chance to see your sanctuary with my proper eyes and so close!”

“You’ll love it, Sunlight, she said. Now, everyone, follow me to the enter!”

The students followed her, then Fluttershy allowed them to pet the animals.

“I thought you said we would be petting wild animal, Miss Fluttershy...” said the stallion. (Sunlight)

“Yes, i did. But you have to know tha the animals in this sanctuary are mostly wild, she said. A lot of them came here when they need to recover, by example, from injuries or simply have a place to rest. They can leave whenever they want, nothing hold them.”

“Sure, Miss Fluttershy, said the unicorn. I am sorry for doubting of what you said”

“This is okay, she said to Sunlight. You are not the first one to told me that. Now, let me show you how to pet them!”

She took the time to show to each student the way to gain the trust of a wild animal. Some of them were slower to learn while others learned quickly. (Sunlight, him, was somewhere between the two) Many hours passed and the activity ended, at the deception of everyone. When they left the sanctuary, a phoenix suddenly landed on Sunlight’s head and started to cuddle against is neck.

“He seem to like me, said the stallion. What do i do?!”

Fluttershy talk for a little moment with the phoenix, then she said to Sunlight:

“He want to stay with you, Sunlight. He want you to be his master! You have your own pet, now!! But where did he came from?”

“I don’t know, he said. But if he want to stay with me, i won’t mind!! Plus, phoenixes are the incarnation of the fire and match me perfectly!!”

He looked at the fire bird.

“I will call you Blazewings, he said. I always wanted to have a phoenix for pet and now, this dream came true!”

Fluttershy smiled at them, then returned with the group back to the school, just in time for the lunch. While eating, Sunlight noticed that his pet had a piece of paper, rolled and tied to his right leg. He detached it and realized that was a message from Twilight Sparkle who was saying: «Take care of him, Sunlight. This is a gift from me and Celestia. Hope you appreciate it!»

“Hey, said Smolder. You have a phoenix with you, now?”

“Yes, said the stallion. But your voice told me you are not happy about that. Do the dragons hate phoenixes?”

“We don’t hate phoenixes, she answered. We have a kind of rivalry with them! But you are my friend, so i can make efforts to accept him.”

Firewings left Sunlight’s head to land on Smolder’s one. She tried to chase him away, but the bird came back each time and instead of pecking her, he was cuddling her. Smolder finally let the phoenix land on her arm.

“I would never believe that one day i would say that, she said. But phoenixes are so nice! You know, thank to him, i got an idea!”

“What is it?!” asked Sunlight Blaze

“I am sure if i was able to accept the presence of a phoenix, she said, then other dragons can do the same!! We made peace with many races and accepted them, now, this is time for us to make peace with the phoenixes!!”

Smolder friends joined her and Sunlight at a 8 place table. Immediately, Silverstream and Gallus notice the Phoenix on Sunlight’s head.

“Wow, is this a real phoenix!? asked the hippogryff. I heard of them but never saw one of my life!!! Is he your pet?!”

“Yes, i named him Firewings” he answered.

“That is a good name, said Gallus. Fun fact, our species idolize phoenixes. They are like divinities for us!”

“Really?” asked Sandbar

“Nah, i’m just kidding, he answered. We don’t idolize them, but we like them a lot!”

Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie entered in the lunch room and saw Sunlight talking with the Young 6. They walked in his direction.

“Well, well, said Applejack, look like you recovered totally from what happened yesterday! I am happy for ya!”

“Ooh, said Rarity. Is that a phoenix on your head? He is splendid!!”

“Fluttershy told me that was your new pet!!” Said Rainbow Dash.

Pinkie Pie give him a cake with the colors of fire and with the message «I am happy you feel better»

“Don’t thank me, she said. I ate the last one, who was supposed to say «Hope you will recover fast». So i made this one instead!”

“This is nice of you, he said. I will keep it for later, in the castle of friendship’s fridge. If it have even one..”

“We are all happy that you feel better, said Fluttershy. Twilight and Spike too, even if they couldn’t be here in person”

They let them continue their discussion and left the cafeteria. After the lunch, Sunlight took the direction of Rarity’s Generosity class. Yona and Sandbar were also in the same class.

“Good afternoon, Darlings, said Rarity. Today, We will study the gems and for that, a special guest will be here today to explain it. Please welcome Maud Pie!! The best expert in gemmology in Equestria!”

Maud walked in front of the class methodically and slowly. She began to speak to the students.

“Hello, everypony and creatures, she said. My name is Maud Pie, I am here today to talk about gems. Most especially precious gems and semi-precious gems.”

Rarity made different sorts of precious and semi-precious gemstones appear in front of Maud, so that the students could have a visual support. Maud began with a sapphire. The tone of her voice was making some of the students drowsy and even 1 of them felt asleep (Yona). Sunlight was beginning to feel annoyed and sleepy, but Firewings was here to keep him awake. Finally, the classes ended and the students left the class.

“Thank you everyone for your patience, said Maud. I will come back next month to talk about the different types of sedimental rocks”

“I will admit, said Sandbar, the class of today was so boring!!”

“Yona agree with Sandbar, she said. But Yona feel bad she felt asleep during Rock Pony explanations”

“Me too, said Sunlight. Well, at least i learned a lot about rubies. I love rubies!”

“I am not surprised, said Rarity. Rubies are the gems representing the fire!! I think i should add some of them on your clothes, if you let me took them”

“Hum, nah, but thank for the offer, but you can maybe do some reparations on it” he said.

He gave his costume to Rarity, then joined the rest of his friends outside. They invited him to came with them at their Treehouse. He accepted, but before he went with them, Starlight appeared next to him.

“Before you go with your friends, she said, I have to tell you something. Fluttershy told me you wanted to visit Equestria’s different kingdom. So, i arranged for you a schedule for a field trip to each of them. One each day until you visited them all! So, are you agree with that?”

“Sure i am!!!! He answered. I can’t wait to visit all of these places!!!”

“Cool, she said. I just wanted to warn you about that. I will let you go with your friends,now. I’ll see you later!”

Starlight disappeared using teleportation. Sunlight, him, joined the Young 6 with his pet on his sides.