• Published 12th Oct 2019
  • 2,911 Views, 77 Comments

My Little Pirate. - Regis Stella



From the real world to the world of ponies to a Pirate's paradise, follow William Hunter and his adventures in the Sea of Thieves.

  • ...
8
 77
 2,911

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 9 Leaving the Manehatten Port. (Edited)

Today was the day. Today we leave Equestria for the Sea of Thieves. To say that my friends are all excited about the voyages that we are going on would be an understatement.

Twilight was looking forward to learning all about the history and lore that the Pirates have to offer.

Spike was more than excited to see a real nation of Pirates.

Applejack was thinking about how much trouble there was going to be and how to avoid it.

Rainbow was blabbering about how she is going to be the first of the crew to become Pirate Legend.

Rarity talked about how she is going to make the most swashbuckling worthy outfit for the crew.

Fluttershy was quietly thinking about how she could best tame the monsters of the Sea of Thieves.

Pinkie couldn’t stop talking about how she is going to throw every single Pirate who becomes Pirate Legend a party.

Gilda was more than glad that we are leaving the old world behind for something new for her new life as a Pirate.

Trixie is still curious about how a nation of Pirates has lasted for nearly 36 years with only little problems.

And lastly, Zecora was suggesting to stock up on ingredients before we enter the Sea of Thieves.

As for myself. I’ve never been more excited and terrified about for filling my dream of becoming the next great Pirate of Legends, alongside my friends.

Terrified is an understatement for sure. Because I had some dreams recently about the Sea of Thieves, and they remind me of the ‘Insider Program’ from the human world’s version of the Sea of Thieves. Not going to revile what’s in those dreams, but all I can say is there is something to do with fire.


The ship was beautiful and more significant than I thought it was going to be. Words fail to describe it, and the best I can give is that it looks like the Frigate from the ’Skull and Bones’ video game. It has cannons from port to starboard, all of the sails were pure black and had the Sea of Thieves Reapers Mark on some of the sails, but the Reaper’s Mark skulls were not blood red like the one in the Sea of Thieves, and the hull is a pitch-black colour. It had armour plating on the hull, deck and even on the cabin walls. There was a lot of cannons, sixty cannons on both the Port and Starboard sides of the ship. Six Swivel Guns, four on the main deck and two near the upper deck. A Ship's Ram on the bow of the ship. Ten Front Cannons inside the ship's bow and the figurehead was the Bone Crusher Figurehead on top of the Ship's Ram. All in all, an excellent ship for an excellent Pirate crew such as ours.

“This ship is huge!” was the response from the whole crew.

“I can’t believe that the Princesses would build a ship for us, that is not only big enough for all of us, but they painted it for us as well!” Twilight said to me in amazement. “How did you get to commission a ship this big and powerful, from Princesses Celestia and Luna?” Twilight then asked me.

“I, I, I didn’t,” My response was, “Mom ordered a ship for us before we became Pirates. I didn’t think that we get a ship this big!” I pointed at the ship, “And I not hating it or anything, but it’s too big to go through the Shroud,”

“That’s where you're wrong my Pirate Son,” Mom said from behind us, “The ship’s metal parts are from the ancient coins that Ramsey has given to my forgers and was then used to make the Frigate that you see behind you,”

“If I remember correctly, those coins have the power to move the Shroud away from them, so that means the ship that you have made for us is Shroud-proof?” I asked Mom.

“Indeed my good Pirate,” Mom said to me, “And don’t worry, the Pirates of the Sea of Thieves have already tested it,”

“Let me guess, by trailing a ship which was owned by the G.M.U that had its hull full of those ancient coins that have the power to move the shroud away from them, like the Shroudbreaker?” I guessed.

Mom nodded, “You are right, my Son,” she said, “With the knowledge of the Sea of Thieves in your mind, there will be no problem that you or crew can solve. You are more than ready for the adventures you will be having in the Sea of Thieves.”

Some tears begin to come out of my eyes, “I will not fail you or the names of Freedom and Piracy, Mom,” I said to Mom as I hugged her. I turned to my crew, “We should name the ship before we leave,” I told them.

Rainbow groaned, “Do we have to, Will?” she said, wanting to get on with the voyage, “Can’t we call it the ship?”

I shook my head, “We have to give it a name, so that way all Pirates and the world will know about us, one way or another,” I told her, “And I’m thinking about. ‘The Pirate Prince’,”

As I said what I said, some magic began to come out of my horn as I wrote the name of our new ship on the back of it, where you put the name of the vessel on in big, gold letters.

“Now that that's been settled,” I said to the crew then turning to Mom and then hugged her goodbye, "It's time to go to see Dad in the Sea of Thieves,"

"Promise you'll write, Will?" Mom asked me.

"Yes, I will, Mom" I replied to her as I turned and boarded The Prince.

All of the crew was standing at attention waiting for my orders, "This voyage has begun. Raise the gangplank!" I said as the crew got to work like a well-oiled machine, "Loose the docking lines, raise the anchor!"

I continued to order them as I made my way to the helm, "Lower sails, let's get going!" I said then the sails begun to lower and the wind and tides were with us.

"Full Sail to the Sea of Thieves!" I bellowed as my crew began to sing.

(Cue Santiano by Santiano with translated and changed lyrics.)

[William Hunter Singh]

Farewell is difficult when my girl says goodbye,
Cast off - (Full speed) Santiano,
The tears are salty and deep like the Sea,
But my Pirate’s heart burns so brightly.

[William and the crew]

As long as the Sea and the wind carries us,
Raise the sail, full speed, Santiano,
Straight ahead, when the Sea calls to us,
We set out into the sunset.

[Twilight Sparkle]

The sails are stretched and are on the wind,
Cast off - (Full speed) Santiano,
See there, where the moon sinks,
We want to be there before the day begins.

[William and the crew]

As long as the Sea and the wind carries us,
Raise the sail - Full speed, Santiano,
Straight ahead, when the Sea calls to us,
We set out into the sunset.

[Spike]

I do not need a home,
And I do not need money,
Cast off - (Full speed) Santiano,
Our castle is the Sea of Thieves,
Our ceiling is the heavenly night sky.


[instrumental]


[William and the crew]

As long as the Sea and the wind carries us,
Raise the sail - Full speed, Santiano,
Straight ahead, when the Sea calls to us,
We set out into the sunset.

[William Hunter Singh]

Farewell is difficult when my girl says goodbye,
Cast off - (Full speed) Santiano,
The tears are salty and deep like the Sea,
But my Pirate’s heart burns so brightly.

[William and the crew]

As long as the Sea and the wind carries us,
Raise the sail - Full speed, Santiano,
Straight ahead, when the Sea calls to us,
We set out into the sunset.

As long as the Sea and the wind carries us,
Raise the sail - Full speed, Santiano,
Straight ahead, when the Sea calls to us,
We set out into the Sea of Thieves.

(Shanty end)

The whole of the ship cheered as the song ended.

To be continued.

PreviousChapters Next