• Published 31st Oct 2020
  • 250 Views, 2 Comments

Chilling Wasteland Stories to Tell in the Dark - MuseoSansPony



Hello there, stranger.... Come, take a seat. Take a load off... Don’t worry, I don’t bite. How about a story to pass the time? I’ve collected many tales in my travels. It's the perfect night for them. It is Nightmare Night after all...

  • ...
 2
 250

THE STRANGER (By ComicSansPony)

Author's Note:

Before you go, how about one more story? Don’t fret, it's quick.

They say you should be careful of the company you keep out in the wastes. There are a lot of crazies looking to get their kicks mutilating innocent ponies. None more vile than somepony known simply as 'The Stranger.'

It is said if you are found wandering alone on Nightmare Night he will appear around a campfire, just off the beaten path. He will kindly offer a seat by the fire.

“Hello there, stranger. Come, take a seat. Take a load off... Don’t worry, I don’t bite.”

The traveler will be on guard, but a fire is the difference between life and death on those cold, autumn nights. The stranger will offer food and small talk to the traveler. Eventually telling stories they heard in their travels.

The traveler will get lulled into letting down their guard, just as the stranger had planned. They will tell stories late into the night. Sharing in what many might consider a budding friendship.

When the hours grow late and it nears the crux of the witching hour, midnight, the tales will end. The traveler having one last good night. As they go to leave, the Stranger will brandish a rusted combat knife.

He’ll laugh and say with eyes as cold as the night air, “I lied, I bite.” as he cuts the traveler before they can react.

“Muhahahahaha, Happy Nightmare Night.”

Comments ( 2 )

Suitably creepy. Very well done.

Login or register to comment