• Published 6th Oct 2019
  • 7,204 Views, 110 Comments

Not Everything Is What It Looks Like - Twilight Star



'We all know Twilight Sparkle: a lavender unicorn who is a student of Celestia. But Twilight was never a pony. In fact, she kept her true identity hidden until her 'brother's wedding day.

  • ...
30
 110
 7,204

The Real Cadence

Applejack was inside a crystal mine, and it was very dark. It was a shame that Applejack wasn’t a unicorn, otherwise she could light up a little, “hello? Is anypony here?” Applejack looked down at the floor and saw that there were stones on the floor.

Suddenly she heard a laugh. Applejack was startled by this. On a crystal wall ‘Cadence’ appeared.

“You shouldn’t have made my daughter cry. Now, you’ll be stuck there forever” said ‘Cadence’.

Applejack was confused, “What? What do you mean? What are you talking about?”

“I’m saying Twilight is my daughter”, replied ‘Cadence’.

Applejack was angry, “It’s a lie! You’re not the mother of Twilight!”

“It seems that the element of Honesty doesn’t believe the truth”, said ‘Cadence’.

Applejack was surprised, “wait a second there, how do you know I’m the element of Honesty?”

“My daughter, Twilight, told me all about you and your elements of harmony. She told me she is a student of Celestia just to spy on her”, replied ‘Cadence’.

Applejack couldn’t believe it. No. It cannot be true. Cadence can only be kidding, “but Twilight told us she was happy when she agreed to be a student of the princess”

“She pretended all the time, Applejack”, replied Cadence with a wicked smile.

Applejack was startled, “How do you know my name?”

“Twilight told me their names. She told me you guys are so stupid to believe she would want to be friends with you all”, replied Cadence, still smiling evilly.

Applejack felt she was going to cry. Why? Why was Twilight really like this and pretended to be another pony? Something wasn’t right. This couldn’t be the real Twilight. It had to be a fake Twilight that was taking the place of real Twilight. She needs to act. But what would she do?

‘Cadence’ noticed the silence and decided to tease, “What happened? Did the cat eat your tongue?” That said, she started to laugh.

Applejack’s sad expression changed to an angry one. She took a stone from the floor and threw it into the crystal that ‘Cadence’ was on. But ‘Cadence’ was faster. She laughed as she appeared in another crystal. Applejack threw another stone into the crystal that ‘Cadence’ was on, but it soon disappeared. Applejack saw ‘Cadence’ in another crystal, and threw a stone to break, but when she did that, behind the crystal wall was Cadence with a messy mane, she was with her eyes closed, before opening her eyes and seeing that She was released. Applejack, braced to attack, she glared at Cadence.

Cadence was startled, “No! Wait!” But it was no use, because Applejack jumped on her.

Cadence had her eyes closed, “Please, don’t hurt me. Please don’t ... Applejack?” asked Cadence, now looking at Applejack. Applejack was confused.

“Applejack, did she arrest you here too?” asked Cadence.

“Don’t lie to me. I know it was you who arrested me!” exclaimed Applejack angrily.

“I didn’t arrest you here. I can prove it!” cried Cadence, almost in despair.

“Prove it then!” exclaimed Applejack, still annoyed.

“I know who arrested us here”

“Really? Who?”

“Chrysalis”, said Cadence.

Applejack was confused, “but what the hell? Who is this Chrysalis?”

“She is the queen of the Changelings. And she arrested me here to pretend to be me to marry Shining Armor who for his subjects to invade and dominate Equestria”, replied Cadence.

Applejack didn’t know if she should believed, “I don’t know if I trust you yet”

“I know another way I can prove it”, said Cadence.

“Really? How?” asked Applejack.

“Do you know the color of the other Cadence aura?” asked Cadence.

Applejack thought before answering, “If I’m not mistaken, it’s green”

“My aura isn’t green”, said Cadence.

Applejack still doubted, “show me”

Cadence picked up a stone from the floor, and to Applejack’s surprise, the color of this Cadence’s aura was blue, not green. Cadence grinned nervously, “now you believe me?”

Applejack smiled, “Now I believe you. Come on, we have to get out of here”, said Applejack before starting to run. Cadence followed her.


Meanwhile, in Canterlot Castle, in a castle room, ‘Cadence’ was already wearing her wedding dress, and she took a rose and placed it next to her ear and began to sing.

“This day is going to be perfect. The kind of day of which I’ve been dreamed since I was small”, sang. Cadence’.

“Every pony will gather round, say i look lovely in my gown. What they don’t know is that I have fooled them all”, sang Cadence, before her eyes went green.


“This day was going to be perfect. The kind of day which I’ve dreamed since I was small, ”sang Cadence. Applejack looked sad.

“But instead of having cake with all my friends to and my wedding bells, they may not ring for me at all”, sang Cadence.


“I could care less about the dress. I won’t partake in any cake”, sang Cadence, before kicking a table with a fruit basket.

“Vows? Well, I’ll be lying when I say. That through any kind of weather, i’ll want us to be together. The truth is, I don’t care for him at all”, sang‘ Cadence ’.

“No, i don’t love the groom. In my heart, there is no room. But i still want him to be all mine”, sang Cadence.


“We must escape before it’s too late. Find a way to save the day. Hope? I’ll be lying if i say”, sang Cadence. Applejack was beside her before they started running.

“I don’t fear that I may lose him to one who wants to use him, not care for, love, and cherish him each day”, sang Cadence as they ran and saw a mine cart. Applejack looked insecure until Cadence went to the cart to pull it.

“For oh, so love the groom. All my thoughts, he does”, sang Cadence as he tried to pull the mine cart, but failed. Applejack went to Cadence and removed the stones that prevented the cart from moving with its hooves. Applejack put Cadence on her back before putting Cadence in the mine cart

“Oh, Shining Armor. I’ll be there very soon”, sang Cadence as Applejack tried to push the cart of mine with the hooves and she succeeded. The cart spun down. But when the rails were over, the cart crashed. Applejack thought it was going to fall, but Cadence began to fly.


The wedding began, the doors opened and everyone saw ‘Cadence’ smile, “finally, the moment has arrived. For me, to be a lucky bride”


Applejack and Cadence landed as they ran to find their way out, but found a wall, “Oh, the wedding we won’t make. He’ll end up marrying a fake. Shining Armor will be… ”


“... Mine, all mine”, sang ‘Cadence malign, before laughing evily.