• Published 6th Oct 2019
  • 7,277 Views, 110 Comments

Not Everything Is What It Looks Like - Twilight Star



'We all know Twilight Sparkle: a lavender unicorn who is a student of Celestia. But Twilight was never a pony. In fact, she kept her true identity hidden until her 'brother's wedding day.

  • ...
30
 110
 7,277

Suspicious

Twilight Sparkle was already where Applejack, she had a notebook, and Applejack kept running around, “cake, check”, said Applejack on a ladder. Twilight checked the list.

Applejack ran again, “ice sculpture, check”, Twilight checked the list. She couldn’t deny that she was having fun pretending. She couldn’t wait for the wedding time to arrive.

Applejack pulled some muffins out of the oven and put it on the table, “the best apple muffins ever made!” exclaimed Applejack, all excited. Applejack popped a cupcake in Twilight’s mouth.

Twilight spat. No. She didn’t mean she didn’t like it. Only because she was a Changeling, and Changelings don’t eat normal food like the ponies, just love the changelings fed, “Bllaaaggh!” Twilight scowled as she spat. Applejack glanced back and realized that Twilight was spitting out the muffin. She found it strange.

“I accept. Will you accept it?” asked Spike in a similar voice from the Shining Armor.

“I do”, answered Spike in a Candace voice. That done, Spike moved the dolls as if they were kissing. Twilight can think of nothing but that her friends were idiots for thinking that everything will go well.

“Hi, Princess Cadence”, greeted Applejack. Twilight and Spike watched ‘Cadence’ enter with a possible look of boredom.

“Please call me Princess Mi Amore Cadenza”, said ‘Cadence’. Twilight fought to not laugh. She found that full name of Cadence very funny of Candace.

“Ok, Princess Mi amore Cadenza,” said Applejack. “Did you come here to check out preparations for your big day?”

Cadence perked up, “yes”, they started walking. The cheekbone was bored again. Twilight can’t help but notice that her mother was a good actress.

Applejack handed out a tray of muffins, Candace grabbed a muffin with her magic and ate, “Oh, how delicious. I loved. I loved it”, Twilight Sparkle didn’t understand how her mother couldn’t spit the food. But she decided not to even ask her mother about it.

“If you liked it so much, why don’t you carry this bag of muffins inside?” asked Applejack with a bag. ‘Cadence’ and Twilight got nervous. Cadence took the bag and left. Twilight watched her mother.

Suddenly her mother stopped and threw the bag in the trash. Twilight was relieved and happy. Then, Twilight watched Applejack before leaving. Applejack watched Twilight leave. Weird. Twilight didn’t even talk to her.


Meanwhile, Twilight watched Rarity make Candece’s wedding dress. Twilight couldn’t help but notice that everypony seemed busy about marriage. And she couldn’t stop thinking and couldn’t wait to see the faces of her ‘friends’ and her ‘mentor’ when they realized that ‘Candace’ wasn’t Cadence.

Candace entered the room behind her, had the bridesmares, Rarity went to ‘Cadence’, “your majesty. I just wanted to say that I’m honored to do something for this special occasion”,Rarity laughed nervously.

Cadence started walking, “is my dress ready?” In the background, Twilight watched her mother walk over to the dress.

Rarity accompanied ‘Cadence’, ‘oh. Yes of course”

Cadence watched the new dress as Rarity said, “I was working hard on it and I’m sure you loved the result”

“I was hoping for something bittering and long trailing”, said ‘Candence’

Rarity took out a notebook and wrote what ‘Cadence’ wanted, “yes. Of course”

‘Candence’ approached about three dresses, “and those should be of another color”, Rarity noted.

“I think they’re lovely”, said a unicorn mare of white and pink mane.

“Me too”, agreed a light blue unicorn mare.

“I loved them”, said a green unicorn mare. Candace looked back annoyed. The three mares were sorry.

“Make them a different color”, said Candace before leaving. Twilight watched her mother leave.


“OK. Let me see. Here’s the games”, said Pinkie Pie, before rolling a dice on the board. Beside it was a pinecone, a paper with a drawing of a stallion without a tail. Pinkie Pie smiled at ‘Cadence’.

“The dances”, said Pinkie Pie before playing a song and starting to dance.

Pinkie Pie went over to Cadence, “I’m sure it’s going to be perfect, aren’t you?”

“Perfect…” smiled ‘Candace before leaving grumpy. “... if it were to celebrate a six year old party”

Pinkie Pie let out a sigh of joy, “thank you”, but what they didn’t know was that Twilight was hiding and was smirking evily.


Luna went to the balcony where her sister was. Celestia was tired, “rest, sister. As always, I will watch the night”

Meanwhile, Twilight’s friends were in the cafeteria. Less Twilight.

“It’s my impression or Twilight has been acting weird since we arrived in Canterlot?”asked Applejack, along with her friends and Spike at the table.

Rarity looked at Applejack, “What are you talking about, dear?”

“When I gave her a cupcake, she spat. Like she didn’t like it”, said Applejack.

“See, she haven’t like it, dear”, said Rarity.

“That may be true. But I’ve never seen Twilight complain about eating food. Something is strange. And I feel like Twilight is hiding something from us”, said Applejack.

The friends and Spike looked at each other before looking at Applejack, “But why do you think Twilight is hiding something from us, dear?”

“She kept on standing next to Candence. It was as if Cadence and Twilight were planning something”

“Don’t you think you’re paranoid with Twilight?” asked Rainbow Dash. Spike and the others agreed.

“I’m not paranoid, Rainbow. I’m just worried about her. Twilight didn’t act like herself”, said Applejack.

“She’s not even with us here. Don’t you think it’s weird?” asked Applejack.

“You’re accusing without evidence, darling”, said Rarity.

“I’m accusing with evidence. Why don’t you believe me? I am the element of honesty”, said Applejack.

Everypony was speechless. Applejack sighed, “ok. I’ll prove to you that Twilight isn’t herself”, Applejack left the snack bar. Spike and Applejack’s friends looked at each other.