• Published 6th Oct 2019
  • 7,277 Views, 110 Comments

Not Everything Is What It Looks Like - Twilight Star



'We all know Twilight Sparkle: a lavender unicorn who is a student of Celestia. But Twilight was never a pony. In fact, she kept her true identity hidden until her 'brother's wedding day.

  • ...
30
 110
 7,277

Reunion

Shining Armor was recruiting royal guards until he saw his sister coming to her, “hey! I have a message for you!”

The guards pointed the spears, Shining Armor saw that it was his sister, “Twili!” The guards stopped pointing the spears.

Shining Armor came down to see his sister, “Twili. I’m so happy to see you.”

“How could you?!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle, not pleased.

“What?” asked Shining Armor, now confused.

“How can you marry somepony I don’t even know?” asked Twilight Sparkle, still annoyed.

“It’s not my fault. Princess Celestia asked this to increase security”, replied Shining Armor.

Twilight Sparkle stopped being annoyed, now got a look of understanding, “she told me that now Canterlot is more likely to be attacked”

“Why did you never warn me?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“I was very busy with the Royal Guard business”, answered Shining Armor.

As much as Twilight wanted to roll her eyes, she knew her ‘brother’ would find it odd, so she didn’t even did this.

“With the wedding coming there are many royal guards in Canterlot so that no threat comes. I’ll show you”, said Shining Armor, before starting to walk. Twilight followed her ‘brother’.


Shining Armor and Twilight were in what looked like a balcony. Below were several guards marching, “Wow. How many royal guards”

Twilight looked at her ‘brother’, “So, are you really getting married?”

Shining Armor looked at his sister, “yes, Twili. But despite that, I wish you were my Best Mare”

Twilight smiled even though she was annoyed inside, “Do you want me to be your Best Mare? I would be honored!”

Only not.

Shining Armor and Twilight shared a hug. Twilight came out of the hug, “but at the same time, you’ll marry somepony that I don’t even know”

Shining Armor smiled, “Twili, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza is Princess Cadence your foalsitter when you were a foal”

Twilight Sparkle pretended to be happy, “Candece? That Candece? The best foalsitter in foalsitting history?”

Shining Armor, still smiling, replied, “That’s right”

“Candece is the best foalsitter ever: She’s beautiful, caring and kind”, lied Twilight Sparkle through a smile. Twilight Sparkle was grateful she was a good actress.


“I’m so lucky to have you foalsitting”, lied Twilight Sparkle through a smile as she was pushed on a swing.

Candece, smiling, rolled her eyes, “but I guess I’m nothing but a common unicorn”

Candece stopped pushing the swing, “you have nothing of common unicorn”

For a moment, Twilight thought her true identity was discovered, but Candece picked her up and put her in a towel. They looked at each other before doing what they always did.

“Sunshine, sunshine. Ladybugs awake. Clap your hooves and do a little shake”, said both in unison. They lay down while laughing happily.

After that, they went for a walk around Canterlot until they saw a couple fighting, Twilight and Candece looked at each other before Candece used her magic and made a heart appear. When the heart arrived between the couple the heart exploded. The couple blinked before smiling and talking normally. Candece was proud of it and walked away. Twilight was interested in that. Candece was the princess of love. She needed to warn her mother about this.


Twilight looked at her ‘brother’, “You know, I’m happy with you”, lied Twilight through a smile.

She started jumping around in false joy, “Go marry Candece! You’re marrying Candece!” She stopped when she saw Candece.

“I hope I’m not interrupting anything important”, said Candece.

Twilight hated having to do it, but if she didn’t do it, Candace would find it odd, “Candece! Sunshine, sunshine. Ladybugs awake. Clap your hooves and do a little shake”

Candece found it’s strange, “what are you doing?”

Twilight found it strange, but still smiling said, “Candece, it’s me. Twilight”

Candece smiled, “Twilight. Is that you! I barely recognized you”

Twilight wondered if this was the real Candece or if it was her mother in disguise. But whether or not she needed to smile to nopony to suspect her. Candece hugged her. Shining Armor smiled at that. That done, Candece went to Shining Armor.

“I still have to do my other duties as a royal guard, but you’ll see how things are for the wedding. Isn’t it, honey?” asked Shining Armor.

“Absolutely”, replied Candece with an evil smile. Twilight was surprised by this. But not surprised at being confused or scared, but surprised at happy. Was this Candece really her mother?

“Well, we better get going, Candece”, said Shining Armor. Candece looked a little nervous.

“Wait, honey!” exclaimed Candece with a possible panic.

Shining Armor and Twilight Sparkle were confused and raised an eyebrow, “Is everything okay, honey?”

“I’d like to talk to Twilight before we go”, said Candece.

Shining Armor smiled at that, “ok, honey. I’m going ahead”

As Shining Armor walked, Candece signaled for Twilight to follow her. Twilight followed her. They entered a room. Candece closed the door. Twilight watched Candece close the door. Twilight realized that Candece’s aura color was green. She was surprised. Candece’s aura color was usually light blue and her mother’s color was green. Did that mean what she thought it meant?

“You see, right?” asked Candece almost desperately.

Twilight didn’t know if Candece was her mother or not, so she decided to still pretend, “i see what?”

“The color of my aura. It’s green not light blue”, replied Candece.

Twilight was smiling inside, “So, you’re not really Candece?” asked Twilight Sparkle just to be sure.

“That’s right, daughter”, said 'Candece' with a smile. Her eyes flashed green for a moment.

Twilight Sparkle smiled at the sight of her eyes. It wasn’t her boring foalsitter, but her mother: Queen Chrysalis.

“Mom!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle with a smile before hugging her. ‘Candace’ smiled at that.

“So when will the other changelings attack Canterlot?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“When I reveal my true identity”, answered ‘Candece’.

“And when will you reveal your true identity?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“I will reveal when after I accept Shining Armor as my husband”, replied Cadence.

“Don’t you think my ‘friends’ won’t find it you’re acting weird?” asked Twilight Sparkle a little worried.

“I’ll say it’s because of stress”, answered ‘Candece’.

Twilight Sparkle thought for a moment before answering, “until it’s a good reason”

‘Candece’ smiled at that, “one of the things I’m good at is lying and pretending to be a pony”

Twilight Sparkle smiled, “Well, I think you better get going”, said ‘Candece’.

Twilight Sparkle was confused, “what do you mean, mom?”

‘Candece’ smiled,” Daughter, you have to check the wedding arrangements, remember?”

Twilight smiled, “oh, yeah. Thanks for reminding me. I think I better get going”

“Yes. I think you better get going. When night comes, you’ll find me at Shining Armor’s house”, said Candece.

“Ok, Mom”, said Twilight Sparkle, before hugging her mother and running to where Applejack was.