• Published 6th Oct 2019
  • 2,949 Views, 97 Comments

The Sword of Harmony - milesprower06



The throne of Equestria has fallen. As the Storm Corps begins to spread out over the continent, the last remaining Alicorn Princess, Twilight Sparkle, must find a way to save what remains.

  • ...
10
 97
 2,949

A Princess' Fury, Part 1

The Storm King was seething. He had to pull Grubber from Tempest's group for even more reinforcements around the valley town to deal with the... Complications, just down the mountain. He was currently on a spell call in the center of the throne room, where the hedgehog was delivering some more bad news.

"What do you mean it's not working?!?" The Storm King shouted into the cloud of smoke above the stone bowl, connecting him to Grubber.

"I don't know what to tell you, boss. If we destroy a section of this stuff in three minutes, it grows back in two. At this rate, we'll have to pull back most of our entire fleet here just to keep this thing at bay. It's already halfway through this town down here, and it's not showing any signs of slowing down. There's not a single pony down here, they must have done something in there before they pulled out." Grubber told him.

The Storm King gritted his teeth.

"Get whatever fuel you can get your claws on, and burn that forest to the ground!" He commanded angrily, before the smoke began to dissipate as he headed back to the balcony.

"Gardening trouble?" He heard a voice sarcastically ask him. He whipped around, the four Storm Guards also alerted. He looked for the intruder, left, right, down, and finally up. There she was, on the roof. Twinklelight or whatever the blazes her name was. He raised the staff, and fired a bolt of energy at her. She leapt out of the way, and the blast hit the roof, widening the hole already in the ceiling.

He was ready to fire off a second blast, but it wasn't one purple alicorn flipping and diving into the throne room, but three. No, seven.

No. A dozen, with more dropping in every second.

Getting over his bewilderment, he reached behind him, and came out with an obsidian orb. But before he could throw it, he was bucked in the back of the legs by another pony, a light purple unicorn, causing him to drop the orb to the floor, where it luckily didn't break open. Reacting too late, he swung the Staff of Sacanas horizontally, but she ducked out of the way and jumped further towards the center of the throne room with the multiple alicorns.

"Nice trick. Here's mine!" He shouted, aiming the staff at the center of the throne room floor, and fired off a sustained blast of lightning. The ponies evaded off to the sides and engaged the Storm Guards who came to the defense of their commander, who reduced the marble flooring to dust.

"There! Now you'll never get the magic out of this staff!" He cackled, firing off another lance of energy which was evaded by multiple ponies down the way. The far doors of the throne room opened, and in poured a dozen more Storm Guards. The Storm King smirked, believing he was about to gain the upper hand, as now his forces outnumbered the 13 alicorns and 1 unicorn. His confidence lasted all of five seconds, when he saw that half of the Storm Guards that had entered the room had started to fight with the other guards in the room.

"What's going on here?!?" He screamed furiously.

"The element of surprise." A voice said behind him. His own voice. He turned startled and indeed saw himself, as this clone reached forward and grabbed him by the throat and lifted him up off of the floor, and turned him towards the balcony. The split second his clone released him from his left claw, he followed through with a solid hook from his right, knocking him out onto the balcony and causing him to drop the Staff of Sacanas in front of the throne.

One of the alicorns rushed up to the staff, and touched a dark green bell to the gem tip, while his clone glowed and morphed into what could only be described as a lime green bug-horse hybrid with purple eyes and orange pincer-like horns. His forces were quickly subdued, and the other alicorns in the room as well as half of the Storm Guards morphed back into smaller pony-like insects, who quickly began to subdue his forces with thick goo, sticking them to the floor and walls.

As he scrambled to his feet, he saw the Staff of Sacanas shoot into the bell, as it began to glow brighter and brighter. He jumped forward, only for the large bug creature to morph back to the clone form and hold him back as the alicorn took the bell and touched it to her horn.

"No!" The Storm King shouted. He managed to get in a low punch to his clone's stomach, which was enough for him to lose his footing and be knocked out of the way. He rushed the alicorn and went for the bell.

Twilight's eyes opened, blazing a fiery white, dropping the bell to the floor and her horn lit up, glowing a sickly red color. His charge was halted, and he felt his limbs spread out as he left the ground, completely immobilized and levitated towards the open balcony. A shockwave emanated outward from the pony, and all of his minions were levitated up for a moment... before they disintegrated into piles of ash where they stood before. For the first time in a long time, he felt powerless. Powerless and afraid.

"You know something, Your Majesty? It's all about power to you." The alicorn began, the unicorn and insect-ponies gathering behind her. "That's the problem with creatures, with conquerors like you. You never have an endgame in mind. When you've finally won, when every other creature is beneath you, when you've conquered and pillaged the entire world and see yourself standing on a mountain of ashes, what then? Maybe then and only then would you realize that those who die with the most riches, the most land, the most servants, the most worshipers... Are nonetheless... Dead."

She raised her right hoof, and the Staff of Sacanas flew into her grasp, and she put the tip of the aetherium gem to his throat.

"Tell me where she is, and I'll make it quick." She threatened.

"I don't know. Her orders were to track down resistance, while the rest of my fleet started to scatter the crystallized remains of the princesses and your friends so they would never be found... Until that damned forest started expanding!" He yelled defiantly.

The single alicorn with the power of three felt her blood boil.

"Scatter the crystallized remains? Huh... That's odd..." She said menacingly.

As he was levitated up to just above the balcony railing, the alicorn glanced back to the throne room, and grabbed his dropped obsidian orb with more of her magic, and brought it forward, floating it in front of his face.

The Storm King felt more magic grip his jaw and forced his mouth open, and the obsidian orb was pressed against his widening maw.

"Because I think they forgot some pieces..."

The orb was forced into his mouth and towards the back of his throat. He gave a muffled scream of pain as his gag reflex was ignored, and it was pushed down. When it was halfway down his esophagus, he heard a crack, and everything started to go cold.

The two ponies and changelings watched as green gas began to seep out of the satyr's nostrils, ears, and eye sockets, before his body hardened entirely into obsidian, and Twilight took the Staff of Sacanas in both hooves, raised it over her head, and brought it smashing down on the petrified face of the Storm King with a furious yell.

The staff and the crystallized conqueror shattered, pieces falling to the railing, the balcony, and the stairs two hundred feet below.

Twilight took a deep breath, and her eyes and horn returned to normal.

"Are you alright?" Starlight asked.

"I'm... I'm not sure yet." Twilight answered, being reminded of her fight with Tirek, before turning and levitating the bell back to her grasp, as she turned to Thorax.

"Thorax, we are in the Changeling Kingdom's debt. Thank you so much." Twilight thanked the Leader of the Swarm.

"After what you've done for us, it was the least we could do. I'm glad our plan worked."

Twilight turned to Starlight.

"Starlight, you're in command until I get back. Find where everypony is being held." She told her, before Sunburst came in through the far doors.

"Princess! I found a group of survivors that caved themselves in down in the old mines when the superstorm hit. Parrots and a cat, with a sizable group of Equestrian prisoners from the initial counterattack. Some of them are deathly hungry." Sunburst said.

"Change of plans. Thorax, find where the festival prisoners are being held and free them. Starlight, go to the mines and clear those rocks as safely as you can. Get those ponies, parrots, Skystar ,and Capper food and blankets as soon as possible, and get them up here when you think it's safe to move them. Sunburst, go to the castle dry stock storage and find any food you can, then help Throax with the prisoners, make sure everypony is fed and sheltered. If you find any E.U.P. guards that are able and willing to fight, tell them to crew any airships we have left, and pursue any Stormships they find. Sunburst, I need my orders to them to be perfectly clear: No quarter. Understood?" Twilight told him.

The unicorn stallion gave her a determined nod.

"Perfectly, Your Highness." He told her before exiting to the corridors with Starlight.

"What are you going to do?" Thorax asked, a bit of concern filling his voice as Twilight began to focus the magic of the three alicorns she now possessed, her horn glowing dimly, and in the red light it gave off, a sparkling purple trail appeared in midair that snaked out of the throne room doors; residual alicorn magic.

The single clue she had, the one path she could follow.

She checked the clock on the far wall above the doors, was about to adjust the sun's position in the sky, but reconsidered it; doing so might tip her off that something had gone wrong.

The alicorn looked back to the Changeling Swarm Leader.

"I'm going to finish this."