• Published 4th Oct 2019
  • 6,519 Views, 642 Comments

Dragon's Mommies - TAD2



Spike was sent back to the Dragon Lands right after he was hatched, but what happens when he is found by 5 little fillies

  • ...
14
 642
 6,519

PreviousChapters Next
Home Is Where The Heart Is

Suddenly there was a loud growl emanating from the belly of Spike. Celestia looked down at the little dragon still on her knee, she giggled at him. "It looks like you really are taking after your mothers." Said Celestia as she used her magic to teleport a few gems from the royal treasury to her. It wasn't much, only a few calcite gems and a Amber the size of Spike's head, she gave them to Pear. "Mrs. Apple, use these for a while until Spike develops his gem hunting instincts, it should only be a few more days until he can transition to eating harder gems."

Pear nodded as she headed to the kitchen to store the gems. When she returned, it was clear that it was time for dinner to be started. "So princess, would you like to stay for dinner, we're no royal chefs, but we can easily make a feast fit for royalty?"

Celestia smiled. "That would be lovely, thank you." Said Celestia. Pear smiled as she and almost all of the mares walked into the kitchen along with Zephyr. Celestia looked to the girls. "Girls while dinner is being prepared, may I talk to you five alone, I should give you all a crash course on dragons?" Asked Celestia. All the girls nodded. Celestia placed Spike into the play pen, she looked at Spike. "Spike, I'm sorry, I need to talk to your mamas for a moment, then I'll see that picture you made." Said Celestia.

Spike nodded. "Ok." he looked around looking for Apple Bloom. "Can I have yellow thing, it was soft and warm?" Spike then yawned. "I sleepy."

Celestia looked at the girls hoping for some clarification. "Yellow thing?" Asked Celestia.

All the girls shrugged. "No clue, the only yellow thing we have in the house is my sister, Apple Bloom." It took the girls a few moments to figure it out. "Oh."

AJ walked over to Macintosh and grabbed her little sister off of her brothers back. "Macintosh go help ma in the kitchen." Said AJ, Macintosh nodded as he walked to the kitchen. Apple Bloom looked at her sister and started to giggle. AJ smiled at Apple Bloom. "Hey Sis, do you want to spend time with your nephew?" Asked AJ. Apple Bloom just kept giggling. "I'll take that as a yes." Said AJ as she placed Apple Bloom into the play pen. Apple Bloom went over to Spike and decided to snuggle up to him, his warm scales were quickly making the little foal fall asleep.

Rarity gasped as she remembered that Spike hasn't met his other aunt yet, she ran over to her mother who was carrying a little white foal with a light pink and purple mane on her back. "Mother, can Sweetie Belle meet Spike, she's the only one who hasn't met him yet?" Asked Rarity.

Cookie nodded as she used her magic to place Sweetie Belle on to Rarity's back. "Of course dear, just make sure to keep her safe, she's still having the surges." Said Cookie as she joined the others in the kitchen.

Rarity nodded as she ran over to the play pen and placed Sweetie Belle next to Spike. "Spikey Wikey, sorry for the late introductions, but this is your other aunt, Sweetie Belle." Said Rarity.

Spike yawned, but nodded. "Ok mama." Spike looked over at Sweetie Belle. "Hi, it's nice to meet you, I'm Spike." Said Spike as he tried not to go back to sleep. But Sweetie Belle had other plans, she crawled over to Spike and snuggled right up to him, she wrapped her front legs around Spike's neck and closed her eyes. But Apple Bloom didn't like this new foal trying to take away her warm thing, so Apple Bloom wrapped her legs around Spikes neck as well.

Now Spike was in between his aunts as he was struggling to keep awake himself, but after the day he had, sleep was quickly winning the battel of the brain. Spike nuzzled up to Apple Bloom and used his tail to wrap Sweetie Belle and pushed her closer to him. Soon the room was filled with three tones of snoring. All of the girls looked at their fathers, they showed them the glares that their wives give them when they did something, and the message was clear. 'Don't mess with them.' All of the fathers nodded in response.

All the girls smiled as they followed the princess to another room. The fathers looked at each other. "Did we just get the mama bear look from our daughters?" Asked Mac. All of the others nodded. Mac sighed as he looked at the sleeping aunts with their nephew. "We really needed Spike in the family." Said Mac, and again all of the stallions nodded.


Once Celestia and the girls were alone, she used her magic to throw up a sound proof barrier. She looked at the girls. "To start off with, each dragon has magical fire, some produce lightning, others enchanted flames. Spike has been with you all for a few days now, do you know about his flames?"

Fluttershy nodded. "Yes, he seems to have the ability to transport things to ponies, we don't know much more than that."

Celestia nodded. "Ok, may I have permission to check Spikes fire after we're done in here?"

Pinkie nodded. "Sure, it would be helpful to understand more about it."

Celestia smiled. "Ok, there are a few things that you need to look out for while Spike is growing up, the first is called Greed Growth."

All of the girls cocked their heads. "Greed Growth?" Asked the girls.

Celestia nodded. "Yes, dragons grow in two different ways, one is like all living creatures, with time. But the other is far more dangerous, if Spike's hording instincts are started, he will gather many things, his body will grow into that of a full adult and will turn his mind into nothing more than a beast's."

All the girls gasped. "That's horrible." Said Rarity.

Celestia smiled. "Do not fear, as long as dragons learn to moderate how much they hoard, nothing will happen. I only bring it up now as it takes a dragon a few years to understand that this instinct is not absolute, It will happen soon but with proper teachings it should be easy for him to control by the time he turns 5."

AJ smiled knowing that her son was smart, and can easily learn how to handle it. "The next thing that will happen is called the Molt." Fluttershy raised her hoof. "Yes Fluttershy."

"Is it like pegasus molting?" Asked Fluttershy, every pegasus went through a molt when they first learn to fly, when their normal feathers fall out and are replaced by their larger flight feathers.

Celestia nodded. "Yes, in a sense. But unlike a pegasus, or any other creature that molts, dragons are at their most vulnerable to predators. First they will develop red welts under their scales that will itch. Next, they will develop a case of random volume shifts, one moment he will be talking normally, but then it will change to a yell or be so quiet that it goes unheard. After that, he will develop unpredictable fire burps that he will have no control of, that's the one you all will need to look out for. "

Rarity sighed. "The poor dear, surely it can't get worse than all of that?"

Celestia sighed. "Spike will then produce a horrible odor that will attract a massive creature called a roc that will try to eat him."

All of the girls growled angerly. "NOTHING WILL GET WITHIN A MILE OF OUR SON!" Yelled all of the girls.

Celestia was glad she put up that sound barrier, she let the girls calm down before she mentioned the last thing that would play a part in her visions. "Lastly, dragons are not wild creatures, they have a leader, they are in charge of all dragons. This dragon is called the Dragon Lord. The current Dragon Lord is approaching the age where he is to step down and find a worthy successor. At that time he will call all dragons to gather for the chance to compete for the title. Spike's body will glow and his scales will itch uncontrollably until the call is answered. This means Spike will need to travel to the dragon lands, alone."

All of the girls looked concerned. "But what if he doesn't go?" Asked Rainbow.

Celestia shook her head. "That is not an option, if he doesn't go, he will die."

All of the girls gulped. Fluttershy looked at Rainbow, as Rarity looked at AJ, Pinkie looked at both of them. "Rainbow, Spike will need you to help him learn how to be fast."

"And AJ, you are the strongest pony in town that can teach Spike how to defend himself."

Both fillies nodded, they were determined to keep their son safe when it was his time.

Celestia smiled as she dropped the spell. "Well aside from that, dragons are raised just like normal ponies."

All of the girls nodded. "Ok." Said all of the girls, but suddenly all five fillies stomachs growled. They ran all around town to make sure everything was ready today, and they were hungry.

Celestia giggled. "Well, not even Applejack can be that hungry." Celestia then opened the door. "Come, dinner should be ready, you girls will need a lot of energy." Said Celestia as she let all of the girls pass her, she closed the door as she smiled. "Yep, definitely the right thing."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay, but here it is. With this chapter, I will limit this story's updates to a few times a week, not every day. Thank you all for understanding.

PreviousChapters Next