• Published 4th Oct 2019
  • 6,526 Views, 642 Comments

Dragon's Mommies - TAD2



Spike was sent back to the Dragon Lands right after he was hatched, but what happens when he is found by 5 little fillies

  • ...
14
 642
 6,526

PreviousChapters Next
Pure Imagination

Once the kitchen was clean, the owners of the newly established bakery walked out. The first was a stout light blue colored mare with her pink mane styled into a swirl, and next to her was a very tall yellow stallion with a orange mane. Both were dressed in aprons, with the stallion having a small paper hat on his head. They walked over to their friends, who were sitting in the corner booth. "Sorry you two, we just finished preparing for the after dinner crowd." Said the Stallion.

Pear waved it off. "You don't need to apologize, Carrot, but I want to tell you two some big news, please sit down."

The mare nodded. "Ok dear, but I'm sorry to tell you, we only have about an hour until we need to get ready for our customers."

Mac chuckled. "It's fine Cup Cake, we understand."

They looked to the high chair. "So you brought Apple Bloom out today, has she started talking yet?" Asked Cup Cake.

Pear giggled as she shook her head. "No, she's with Granny, this is our grandson, Spike." Said Pear.

"GRANDSON!?" Yelled the two bakers. They took the seat opposite of the family and looked at the high chairs occupant, sitting there was a small purple and green baby dragon. The moment the two saw Spike, they froze in place, their eyes were wide, their mouths were dropped open, and the only thing that was moving was Cup Cake's ear, which was twitching.

Pear and Mac looked at the couple, and promptly started to laugh their flanks off at the sight. Spike looked to his grandparents, he was confused. "Grandma, Grandpa, what funny?" Asked Spike, he looked to the Cakes. "Who they?"

Pear smiled at Spike. "Spike, they are some of our friends, they're Carrot Cake and his wife Cup Cake, they make the treats here."

Spike looked at the two, he now knew who they were, but not why they were like that, so he did what Fluttershy taught him to do when he meets new ponies. "Hello, my name Spike Drake, I happy to meet you." Said Spike, he looked to Pear. "I do it right again?" Asked Spike.

Pear nodded. "Yep, good job Spike." She looked to the bakers and smiled. "Do we have a story to tell you, but first can we get some coffee and a cupcake for Spike?" Asked Pear.

Cupcake kept the face as she nodded. She got up from the seat and retrieved the requested refreshments and cake. She sat back in her seat and returned her face to normal as she looked to Pear. "B, I don't know where to begin." She looked to Spike. "But why do you have a dragon with you?" Asked Cup Cake.

Pear was about to answer the question, but she was stopped by the angry growl of a dragons empty belly. "Shhh, I want to see this." Said Pear, she looked at Spike, he was looking at the little cupcake. It was a simple white cake, with blue frosting and rainbow sprinkles.

Spike looked at the cupcake, then he looked at Pear. "Grandma, it look like Mama." Said Spike.

Pear looked at the cupcake, it did look like Rainbow a little. "Hmm, it really does."

Spike smiled as he looked at the cake again. Spike used his tongue to lick the frosting, then Spike's world went dark, but slowly a song started to play along with a light show accompanying it.

Once the song was over, Spike returned to the world and wrapped his whole tongue around the small pastry. Using his tongue, Spike pulled the whole thing, wrapper and all, into his mouth, the only problem was the cake and frosting together was taller than Spike could open his mouth, so a large amount of frosting was deposited onto Spike's face. Spike looked at Pear, his face was a mess, but he had the largest smile ever. "Grandma, can I have more?" Asked Spike.

Pear giggled, but shook her head. "Sorry Spike, not right now, but we can come back here and pick up a few more after we eat dinner at home."

Spike sighed as he crossed his arms. "Fine, can we bring Mamas?" Asked Spike, he wanted his mothers to enjoy the new yummy thing with him next time.

Pear smiled as she nodded. "Of course." Spike smiled, he then noticed the frosting left on his face, he used his tongue to gather the frosting and moved it into his mouth. Pear giggled at the happy look on Spike's face, she looked to the others, she knew what to do next. She looked to Mac. "Mac, he needs to be burped." Said Pear.

Mac nodded as he moved the Cakes out of the path of the flame. Pear picked up Spike and placed him over her shoulder as she started to gently pat his back. Spike burped up a few small flames that didn't do any harm to the shop. Pear smiled at Spike. "Ok sweetie, do you want some crayons to play with?" Asked Pear. "Grandma and Grandpa are going to be talking with our friends for a while."

Spike nodded. "Yay, Grandma want me to learn colors." Said Spike.

Pear smiled, she looked at Cup Cake. "C can Spike have a kids mat and a pack of crayons?"

Cup Cake nodded as she walked over to the register and opened a drawer underneath it. She pulled out a simple fill in the color mat and a cheap 10 color pack of crayons. She brought them to Spike, he grabbed them and smiled at Cup Cake. "Thank you." Said Spike.

Cup Cake smiled, she has lived in Ponyville for her whole life and already knew a lot about dragons, but right now Spike as nothing like those dragons. "Your welcome."

Spike looked at the mat, it had some ponies playing on a play set in a meadow. Spike pulled out the crayons and started to color.

Now that Spike was happy, Pear looked at the Cakes. "So, just to recap, his name is Spike, he is a dragon, and he is our grandson as of 30 minutes ago. Any questions?" Asked Pear.

Carrot nodded as he just now regained control of his jaw. "About 20, but lets see how many get answered when we hear the full story." Said Carrot.

Bright Mac nodded as he started to tell Spike's story. "Ok, so yesterday AJ and Rarity met 3 fillies near the forest..."


"And we just got back from town hall. So in closing, Spike is now a part of the family." Finished Pear. She looked at the shocked faces of her friends.

Cup Cake looked to Spike, he was finishing up the coloring. She then growled in anger. "What kind of heartless, malicious, empty, Tartarus bound creature would leave this pure, innocent, kind, and overall well behaved dragon in the Everfree?"


In a single cell in Tartarus, Swift Flight was sitting in his cell when suddenly he sneezed. Swift groaned. "I better not be getting sick, its bad enough here already."


Cup Cake got up from her seat and looked at Spike. Spike looked at her and smiled, he handed her the picture. Spike had colored the ponies to look like his mamas, but he also added all of his family and the nice ponies he has met while in town, which included a small pair of ponies colored blue and orange. Cup Cake's heart melted at the picture. "Its lovely Spike, your very artistic."

Spike smiled as he showed it to his grandparents. Pear smiled at the picture, aside from the girls being the largest, there was a small depiction of her and Mac. She looked at Spike. "It's perfect Spike, I cant wait to show it to your mamas." Said Pear as she rolled it up.

She looked at the clock on the wall and noticed that they had been there for an hour. She sighed as she looked at Cup Cake and Carrot. "It looks like times up." Said Pear, she got out of the seat and picked up Spike. She looked at her friends. "Thank you for accepting Spike instead of over reacting. I'm happy to know Spike is getting to meet so many nice ponies, I want him to see that not everyone is like Spoiled." Pear looked down at Spike. "Spike, were going to head home, what do we say for the yummy snack and the crayons?" Asked Pear.

Spike looked at the cakes and smiled. "Thank you very much. You not like the mean mare, you nice ponies." Said Spike.

Pear giggled. "Great job Spike." She looked to Cup Cake and Carrot. "Before we go, one of Spike's moms wants to learn to throw parties, if your interested in giving her an interview, can we comeback tomorrow and see if she would like it here?" Asked Pear.

Carrot smiled. "That would be great. We've only been open for a few months and we're already understaffed. Bring her back tomorrow afternoon and we'll see how she does."

Pear smiled. "Thanks Carrot." She looked at Cup Cake. "C, it's great that I got to see you before me and Mac have to leave town. We got a delivery to Neigh Orleans next week." Said Pear as she gave Cup Cake a hug.

"B, your my best friend, so think nothing of it, also the cake and coffee is on the house." She looked at Spike as she kissed his head. "And you are going to be so happy with your family."

Spike smiled. "I love Mamas, I happy." Said Spike.

Mac sighed as he looked outside, he noticed Rarity, she was looking at him and nodding. Mac got out of his seat. "Sorry, but we need to leave." Said Mac, he looked at Carrot. "Carrot, don't screw this up like you did our 4th grade science project."

Carrot rolled his eyes. "You mean like when you did during the buck ball game, you were show boating to get Buttercups attention and you scored on your own goal, or how about the time you tried to learn to dance, or the time you got caught by Granny trying to ask Buttercup if she thought your hat looked nice on you."

Mac sighed. "We agreed to not talk about that ever again." Said Mac as in the background Pear was giggling at him. Then he started to laugh, he looked at Carrot. "Just don't screw this up. You have a great wife, a great life, and a great shop." Said Mac as he pulled Carrot into a hug. Carrot laughed.

The two broke the hug. "You too, and try not to teach Spike how to mess up as much as you, the kid has a long life ahead of him, the least he deserves is to learn how to get a special somepony." Laughed Carrot as Mac nodded.

Spike smiled as he was placed on Mac's back. He looked at his grandpa. "Grandpa, we going home?" Asked Spike as the family walked out of the bakery.

Mac nodded. "Yep, we're going home."

Author's Note:

Next chapter will see the Dragon and Princess meet. Last chapter's winner was Comickook. So this time there will be no hint.

PreviousChapters Next