• Published 12th Oct 2019
  • 3,113 Views, 297 Comments

Equestria Girls: Symbol Of Undying Love - vortex123



A human strikes a deal with the man who speaks in hands and is sent to the human world of MLP as a monster. Apparently he's not the first ever monster there, nor the first person to take Gaster's deal.

  • ...
6
 297
 3,113

Defense mechanism

Subconscious

Due to the sudden aggressive action, and the fact that program 4v3s was unable to defuse the situation, her control was overridden so this program could handle it. 4v3s preceded to panic as none of her commands registered to this unit, while alleviating her concerns would allow for smoother usage of the SOUL, I was unable to preform this action, due to Alpha's command. Switching to a different channel frequency, so 4v3s could not hear this discussion, I contacted Alpha for orders.

"A.D.S, this is M.D.S speaking." I say through the link.

"What is it? It had better be important, I'm overseeing the D.S's growth process for our creator, and I don't need any unnecessary distractions." He spoke in a calm and cold tone, sending shivers down my spine. I may be important to this project, but that doesn't mean I won't face disciplinary action from angering him. Not that he's ever done that to me, but I'd rather not risk it.

"A hostile intruder has appeared in the testing area during phase one of the current project. As per your orders, I've over ridden the controls of this unit, what course of action should I take against the intruder?" I asked him.

"…That's certainly a valid reason to call me. Tell me, have you already eliminated any targets, or acquired any SOUL trait energy?" He asked.

"Affirmative. The target Cold Traffic has been eliminated, his Perseverance SOUL and SOUL energy have been absorbed. However, no other SOULs have been drained." I answered without hesitation.

"So he was scheduled to be a sacrifice, makes sense, our creator always hated people like him. While that will help in tracking the other targets, it won't be much help in this situation. Neutralize the intruder for now. 4v3s hasn't been conditioned to handle killing yet, if you force her to do it now, it'll negatively effect her future performance. We also have to be careful how we interact with her, too many mess ups will trigger those strange fail safes our creator found in her SOUL. I'm sure you don't wanna be on the receiving end of them." He says. I don't like the idea of sparing an intruder (especially one that's seen our face), but the Alpha has a point, triggering those fail safes is the last thing I wanna do.

"Command confirmed. Proceeding with orders. Cutting communication link in 5 seconds." I say, starting the countdown.

"Practice self control, you cannot let your feelings on a matter effect the project, a big portion of this important experiment is riding on you." He suddenly says, causing me to pause the countdown.

"Yes sir. I won't let you down!" I say.

"Oh trust me, I know that. If I'd ever need to put my life in the hands of another, it'd most certainly be you." He says in an uncharacteristically warm tone. Hearing him say that sparked a strange feeling in me.

Hearing him say that, feels you with determination. Atk and Def increased.

"Now make short work of that intruder. Make sure you do it in a way that 4v3s wouldn't be scared of you, and would have her put faith in you." He says with the calm and cold tone he normally uses.

"Yes sir!" I say back, continuing the countdown, and cutting the connection. I then proceeded to change back to the previous frequency.

Reality

M.D.S pov

Having cut the call, which took a fraction of a second to have, I brought my attention to the intruder. I made a chain shoot towards her, causing her to fire her weapon by what must have been reflex, thankfully I was able to block it in time with another chain. Unfortunately she managed to dodge my chain as she jumped to the left, my chain only managing to knock off her mask and helmet, along with broken glasses that she was apparently wearing.

'Damn. She's fast, especially for a non-magic user. What the hell!? Aren't humans suppose to be much slower then that?' I think with a growl. With the mask removed, I'm able to see her face. She has straight blonde hair that goes down to her shoulders. She had piercing blue eyes, and tan skin.

(No, stop! I don't wanna hurt her, I wanna talk her down! Why can't I talk? Why can't I control my body!? What's happening!?!) I heard 4v3s mentally scream. Thankfully I'm not using the link between us to think...wait, she shouldn't be truly aware that this is happening. It was programmed in her to perceive this as a semi dream, she would be aware that this was in fact happening, but not aware enough to understand the situation. Gonna have to be careful not to go too far, now more than ever. The intruder then took out a small box, opening it revealed that it contained spare glasses, which she promptly put on.

"Nice try. My turn." The intruder said with a mad grin, having gotten back into her righteous killer persona, if that glint in her eyes were any indication. Putting her gun in some holster on her back, she grabbed the two smaller guns that were apparently in holsters on her hips. Without hesitation, she pointed both at us, then fired like the madwoman she was. While these guns fired slower bullets, it more the made up for it with the shear number of bullets. I tried to block as many as I could, but with how sluggish my chains were from lack of use, some of the bullets managed to hit their marks.

(Gah! What the hell!? Why does she have to be so aggressive! I hadn't even done anything to her, save for knocking some of her gear off, and those strange chains don't seem to be an actual problem for her…) I heard 4v3s think, which was a little agitating, but I ignored it for now. Deciding ranged attacks wouldn't be much help at the moment, I went on all fours and dashed to her. It doesn't take me long to reach her, my attempt to tackle turns it us locking hands, both of us trying to overpower the other.

"So the beast is tired of cowering behind her little toys, eh?" She mocks with a smug grin.

"So the hunter decides to let her pray lock her in place, even though the pray has ranged attacks, eh?" I mock right back, causing her to gain a confused look before realization strikes her, she forgot about my chains. I immediately make my chains wrap around her, but not before she can kick me in the jaw, causing me to let go of her hands. She quickly takes out a strange looking gun, and aims it at me, strange energy began emanating from it. The chains completely wrap around her, but not before she could take the shot. A blast of unnatural lightning hits us in the chest, and.it.HURTS.

"(AHHHHHHH!!!)" We both scream, with 4v3s's voice leaking in, causing our voice to sound doubled. And what's worse, I'm starting to lose control of our body, and 4v3s isn't ready to face someone like this!

"Pretty cool, huh?" The intruder asked with a…forced smile? "The tranquilizer bullets didn't effect you, the ones the reached you anyway, so I had to use this experimental gun. It utilizes an energy called Anti Magic, though by the looks of it, I might have had it set too high. It was only supposed to cause exhaustion, and drain your magic pool, not cause such pain. But don't worry, that pain is about to end." She finished with a small smile, which turns into confusion when I start to chuckle.

"You're right about that." I sneered. With my vision starting to fade, I make one last attempt at survival. I take every ounce of Perseverance type determination we had, and used it. The determination runs through the chains that are still wrapped around the intruder, who suddenly screamed in agony as she felt the pain we feel. And while she was distracted, I see a way to end this. Fighting through the pain and exhaustion, I made a chain grab one of her tranquilizing guns, and bring it to me. I then cock the gun, bringing her attention back to me.

"I'm sorry, was this yours?" I asked with a grin, I then pull the trigger, and hit her in the shoulder. And thanks to how much adrenaline is running through her, her rapidly flowing blood quickly spread the tranquilizer through her blood stream, knocking her out in seconds. Unfortunately for me, I don't last that much longer. Hoping 4v3s and the Alpha will approve of what I did, I let unconsciousness take me, and gave her back control. But not before noticing a familiar white circle surround us.

Author's Note:

Concerning M.D.S repeatedly changing between saying "this unit", "us", "I", "her" (when referring to 4v3s): M.D.S doesn't really know what to refer to them as, she doesn't truly know if they're separated entities, or if they're the same being, just with different views.