• Published 23rd Oct 2019
  • 1,763 Views, 44 Comments

My Little Mages: Denouement of Resolution - Foxhelm



As Twilight's coronation draws near, things seemed well for Twilight. However, now Chrysalis', Tirek's and Cozy's plan comes to fuition. A My Little Mages retelling of Ending of the End

  • ...
3
 44
 1,763

The Bell Strikes Three

Summer had passed, as did the Fall Equinox, in fact, it was midway from the Equinox to Nightmare Night. Along the road to Chanterlot, as the Sun was trekking to its midday high, a Magicborn man dressed as in the white shirt and black pants of a baker was heading to the capital city. “Hey there, my Magicborn friend.” the voice of a woman that stepped from one of the handfuls of trees along the last stretch of road before the gates. The man turned to see a red-haired woman that looked remarkably similar to a female photographer commissioned by the Chantalot Historical Society to get photos of Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends for the School of Friendship article, Crackle Cosette. The woman then proceeded to walk up to the man. “Have you heard?” she asked with a smile on her face.

The baker gave her a confused look as he raised his left eyebrow, “About Princess Twilight Sparkle's coronation as the ruling princess?” he asked.ac Soon a smile formed on his face as he lowered his eyebrow, “Who hasn't?” he asked rhetorically, “I'm on my way there now.” he said as he pointed to the city. “So much baking to do and—” he started to explain but was cut off.

“No, no.” Crackle said as she waved her left hand and shook her head. She then looked around and stepped closer to the baker and whispered into his ear, “About the Earthborn.” she clarified.

The baker rubbed the back of his head, “Well I know their crops have been underperforming, but, uh…” he trailed off as he started to hold his chin in thought.

“That's not it.” Crackle said as she shook her head. She once again looked around before she spoke. “They're hoarding most of the food for themselves!” she declared. This got the baker to blink in shock. However Crackle had more, “I heard the Mayor of Appleloosa say that if Magicborn and Skyborn want to eat, they can use their own hands to collect.” The baker gasped at the idea. Crackle stepped to be by his side and placed her arm around his shoulder as she leaned in and whispered. “We Magicborn have to stick together, right?” she asked. The baker nodded before with a dour frown on his as he turned to capital and walked. Crackle turned and headed away and laughed to herself.

As the sun had just begun to crust the midday high, Crackle arrived at Grogar’s lair. She continued into the ‘living’ room of the lair where Cozy was setting in one of the chairs and Tirek and was reading the book with a rendering of Grogar’s Bewitching Bell. Crackle was then consumed by a lime green fire and revealed herself to be Chrysalis. “Another successful field trip, I presume?” Tirek asked as he looked up from the book before he turned the last page.

Chrysalis laughed, “Spreading distrust among the Magicborn and Earthborn is almost too easy.” she looked to a set of dolls of the Twilight and her closest friends. “We could take down Twilight and her friends a hundred times,” she said as she levitated the dolls in her magic. “but as long as they have the "love" of Mystica behind them, they'd crawl back to defeat us.” she continued as she used her magic to slowly rip each doll apart at their seams. “Not anymore.” she finished as the dolls came apart and burst into flames.

Cozy smiled as well as she watched the dolls burn, “No friendship, no magic!” the Skyborn summed up. She then held her chin in thought, “It's so obvious when you think about it.” she mused after looking back at everything. She then turned to Chrysalis, “I did my part freaking out the Skyborn.” she added that she too was working towards their plan.

“And Grogar's long absence has given me time to prepare the next part of our plan,” Tirek said as he shut the book before he got up. He then went to where they hid Grogar’s bell and left the book open on the table. “According to Gusty’s writings, this artifact can strip the magic of any being, location, creature, item, etc. It then holds that magic until it is released,” he said as he held the bell aloft and point to two pages. One page had a rendering of Grogar pointing the bell at a human and a yellow beam came from the bell. The second page had a rending of the bell facing Grogar and a black beam being sent into Grogar as the human was on the floor and was weakened. “Which means all the power inside, most of Grogar’s own power, is ours for the taking!” He was about to kiss the bell, but Cozy took it from him.

“Can’t have you drooling on the Bell.” Cozy explained. Tirek groaned but he then felt a slight drip of liquid on his lower lip. He then wiped his lips and groaned.

Chrysalis looked at the actual written text of the tomb. “We must use the Bell before Grogar’s return!” the deposed queen all but shouted. “I’m sick of waiting for that old goat's master plan,” she added as she slammed the table with her right fist clenched as Cozy placed the bell on the table.

Tirek held out both his hands. “Take my hands.” As the other two looked at him confused, “Unless you'd prefer I take all the magic myself?” he asked. Cozy soften her stance and took Tirek’s left hand. Chrysalis’ face still held her suspicious gaze. “The pact still stands,” Tirek added after a slight sigh. Chrysalis then took Tirek’s right hand and the three looked at the bell. Tirek’s eye became fields of orange, Chrysalis’ eyes became lime green and Cozy’s eyes became red. Then from their eyes went six beams shot into the bell. The bell started to rise into the air and glow. It then turned so that the bottom faced the trio and it rang with a gong that reverberated through the hole lair. After it rang a black sphere appeared in the center of the open area and from it a beam was sent towards the three. The three’s laughter echoed through the lair.

About half an hour later, Grogar finally returned to his lair, in his left hand was pink-colored rock surrounded by gold. “I have returned.” the ram announced. “Twilight Sparkle's coronation is soon, and we are going to ruin it with the help of this artifact,” he added as he looked to the stone. He then frowned as he turned his focus to the altar where he placed his seeing stone. “But to succeed, you must work together,” he added.

“Oh, way ahead of you, Grogar.” came Chrysalis’ voice before Grogar found himself practically glued to one of the stones. The from the shadow emerged Tirek in his state just before he took Discord’s energy. Then Chrysalis, however, the whites of her eyes were fields of green, her body seemed less gangly and her wings were more solid. Finally emerged Cozy, who was now a demigod. Cozy pulled some of her magic into the palm of her hands and from it sent a beam right to the artifact that Grogar had. As Grogar looked in shock at what had just happened, he noticed Tirek possessed the Bewitching Bell.

“You had it all this time?! Why didn't you tell me?!” Grogar yelled as he tried to break free. However, he still wished to know why the backstab.

Cozy chuckled, “We're villains. Duh. Backstabbing is something we do and let’s be honest you’re kind of the biggest threat to us three or should I say, you were.” She then sent a beam to the bell. The bell raised and pointed to Grogar. The bell rang and a yellow beam was sent to Grogar. The beam struck the satyr and he groaned, screamed and cried. Grogar’s body began to twist and contort and then elongate into a serpentine form, as the wings of bat and bird grew from his back as his limbs became those of a lion, an eagle, a lizard, and a goat, the body then became humanoid and ultimately Grogar was not the one standing there, but Discord as a full human, with only the different size pupils of his eyes to show what he is. In the process, Chrysalis’ glue shattered setting Discord free. Discord dropped to his knees with a thud.

As the bell turned down and sat on the altar, the three just stared in utter confusion as Discord struggled to get back to his feet. Discord then snapped his fingers on his left hand only for nothing to happen save just the echo of his snap. Discord then tried snapping eight more times, but nothing happened. He turned to the rest and gave a weak laugh before he ran.

It took a couple more seconds before any of the trio there spoke, “Discord was pretending to be Grogar this whole time?!” she asked in utter disbelief and anger.

Chrysalis then started to clap, “Well played Disco,” she then finished, “But we’ve played better.” she added before she laughed as they all turned to the altar. “No sense in following him. Thanks to Sombra’s solo attempt, the Elements of Harmony are gone, The Rainbow of Light is useless and now that Discord has no power, we have no threats. Besides, we must stick to the plan.” Chrysalis then started to chuckle again and was joined by the other two.


The following day, in the throneroom of Chantalot, Spike was flying around Twilight with a measuring tape as he was measuring the circumference of her head, as the latter was sitting it was Celestia’s throne. Watching the two from down the hallway were Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

Celestia turned to Luna, “Doesn't she look so adorably regal up there?” the elder princess asked her sister.

Luna took out a handkerchief and wiped the corner of her eyes as her focus was solely on Twilight, "Our little Twilight, all grown up." She said with partial pride. After her eyes were dried she turned to face her sister. "Should we tell her that we've cleared out our royal suites so she and Spike can move in?" She asked pointing to the fact that once Twilight was made ruling princess, the two were going straight into their retirement.

Celestia shook her head, "After the coronation." She replied. The two then turned their focus back to Twilight. "She doesn't need anything else to worry about until after the coronation."

Back at the throne, as Spike jotted down the measurements, "I am really proud of you, Twilight." The dragon said. "It's not every day the ruling princesses of Mystica retire and pass all their responsibilities on to you.”

Twilight chuckled, “Thanks Spike,” She then got up from the throne and turned to look at it. “I never could have gotten here without all my friends. And I am certain that everything will turn out fine as long as I have them.” She slowly shifted her gaze to the many stained glass windows, “We've all faced so much and come out okay.” she said as she recalled each event the windows memorialized before she looked back to Spike. “I know I am up to the challenge of keeping Mystica safe and happy, thanks to my friends because there's nothing we can't handle together,” she said with a smile before she revealed a box that she had hidden next to the throne. “And my longest and most important friends is you.” She then handed the box to Spike. “You’ve been by my side every step. Knowing I could count on you gave me the strength I need. So I want you to be my royal advisor.”

Spike open the box and revealed that there was a medal with what looked like Twilight’s Aura mark with Applejack’s, Fluttershy’s, Pinkie Pie’s, Rainbow Dash’s and Rarity’s Aura Marks replacing the five smaller white stars and with Celestia’s and Luna’s Aura Marks merged and replacing the larger white star under the main purple star. Spike smiled as he put it on. He then flew to right next to Twilight’s check and the two rubbed their check together with their eyes shut before Twilight pulled the dragon into a hug. After a second the two stopped. “Now with the crown fitted, we have to meet up with the others for those royal errands,” Twilight said and the two flew out of the throne room.


The streets of the Chantalot were surprisingly vacant, save for Rarity and Fluttershy as the two were walking. “And you're sure this is where Pinkie told us to get the blackberries for her special coronation dessert?” the enchantress asked as the stands were, by and large, empty, especially the one they were advised to get the produce from.

Fluttershy looked at the stand and around it, “Maybe they keep their produce in the back?” she asked hoping that things weren’t as bad as they seem.

“Nope.” came the voice of an Earthborn man pop out of nowhere, more or less. “This is all we got,” he confessed. “But I got a special on these taters,” he said as he pulled out a handful of potatoes that seemed to rotten. Rarity gagged as she tried to keep her stomach.

Fluttershy turned Rarity away and started to push the enchantress away, “No, thank you.” she said regretfully. “We'll keep looking,” she added as the two left and went down a different street.

Once the two were out of earshot, Rarity started to cough to recover. Once she had collected herself, the two then spotted Twilight and Spike fly towards the two. “Twilight, darling!” Rarity exclaimed as the four greeted each other, “You're just in time.” The enchantress pulled out her notepad, “Only one more pre-coronation stop.” she said as she crossed out an item from that list. She put her notepad back into her pocket, “We're picking up the final touch for your apres-hors d'oevres gown…” she trailed off as the four walked.

Twilight rubbed her chin and looked to the ground as if she was trying to recall something, “Is that before or after the royal marshmallow-eating-contest gown?” she asked.

“What?!” Rarity shouted before she pulled her notepad out in a panic only to stop as she heard Spike attempt to stifle a snicker. “Very funny.” she moaned as she put the notepad back and proceeded to her next destination. However before Rarity knocked on the door, “But I am proud of how far you’ve come, Twilight,” the enchantress added and then knocked on the door. There was no response. “Um, that’s odd.” Rarity said as she held her chin. “They look open.” Rarity then knocked on the door a few more times.

At the top of the door, a small window opened, “What do you want?” the shop owner asked borderline belligerently.

“I was hoping to buy at least one spool of thread.” Rarity said as she particular squinted her left eye as she was taken slightly aback at the near hostility.

The owner pushed open the mail slot built into the middle of the door, “Put the bits in the mail slot.” she ordered. Rarity complied and was given the spool of the thread she sought.

As Rarity started to walk back to rejoin the group, “What was that about?” Twilight asked perplexed at what just happened.

Rarity shrugged her shoulders, “Designers often don’t like being interrupted when they're on a creative roll.” Rarity excused away the actions of the shop owner. She then showed the spool off to the rest, “With thread this exquisite, can you blame them?” she asked the lot. The rest just shrugged their shoulders electing to not question their fashion-savvy friend.

Just above them a cloud dispersed before Rainbow Dash landed right next to Twilight et al. “Weather for the coronation is sunny skies!” the elementalist declared and saluted herself. She then looked to her friends as she slightly squinted. “It was weird, though. Not many Skyborn wanted to help me clear the clouds.” Rainbow said as she thought back to before she left for in the capitol. “They were kinda on edge,” she added just before the lot head a door open and then closed.

Everyone turned into the direction they heard the door, “They're not the only ones.” Spike commented as things seemed to be far from ease.

Rarity laughed, “Well, of course, there hasn’t been a dynastic change in Mystica since the abdication of Princess Platinum, Chancellor Puddinghead and Commander Hurricane for Princess Celestia’s and Princess Luna’s ascension about two millennia, well more so Princess Celestia, as constant and present as the sun. And now with her stepping down, it would make sense for everyone to be a little jumpy. Change does that.” the enchantress continued to rationalize and excuse away the behavior of the citizens of the capitol. She then spotted a slight frown forming on Twilight’s face. “I highly doubt that they worried about you, not with all the times you have saved them.”

This brought a smile back to Twilight’s face, “You're right.” the princess declared. She then looked to each of her present friends and nodded. “I'll just have to let everybody know that even with Celestia and Luna no longer ruling, we'll make sure things stay the same,” she added as she looked to the skies with hope.

About ten minutes later, outside of the entrance to the kitchen from outside the castle, Applejack was getting a basket of apples from a cart all the while was watched by a sole Magicborn guard. as he looked at the basket, Applejack scowled until she spotted Twilight and the rest. “Twilight!” the paladin shouted before she walked around the guard and greeted her friend with a hug. “There you are!” After the hug was ended she pointed over her shoulder to the guard, “You mind tellin' your friend here that I don't need an official guard wherever I go?” she asked before she turned to face the guard and scowl at him, “Especially if he ain't gonna help carry apples.” she added with a clear unspoken huff.

Twilight smiled and walked over to the guard, “I appreciate you taking such good care of my friends, but we're fine now.” The guard bowed his head and left, all the while keeping a suspicious eye on Applejack.

While the guard was still in earshot, “I get security needs to be tight, but he kept callin' me 'Earthborn' like I didn't have a name.” Applejack said purposely loud enough for the guard to hear. “And watchin' me like he thought I'd steal the silver!” the paladin almost shouted. Just then the doors to the kitchen opened with a loud thud as a small mountain of cupcakes and other baked goods came through like a landslide.

Pinkie then popped out of the cascade, “Do not go in that kitchen!” the party-planning baking jester said as she tried to get the frosting off of her hair. Before she allowed any to question her, “For some reason, the bakers are super grouchy with each other. That Magicborn chef started throwing dessert at Mrs. Cake! I tried to help, but I got caught in the crossfire!” she shouted in anger. This was going to ruin the coronation party and Pinkie was powerless to stop it.

Twilight turned to Rarity, “You sure this is just pre-coronation nerves?” she asked as it was clear that there was much more than just what Rarity surmised.

However, before Rarity could respond they all heard a loud groan. The lot turned to see a man who’s eyes were just like Discord’s. “My aching metatarsals!” the man groaned as he sat down, took off his shoes and started to rub his feet. “You know, you forget how convenient snap-travel is.” the man said. If there was any doubt among the seven there that he was Discord, then it was gone.

“Why are you fully human and did you just walk here?” Spike asked as he flew up to the Lord of Chaos.

Discord rubbed the back of his head, “Yes, actually. And I have a confession to make,” he started as Fluttershy walked up to him with her hands glowing the same shade of pink as her hair. “You see, I might have made the teeeeeniest boo-boo.” he then tapped his index fingers together as Fluttershy cast her cure light wounds spell on him, all the while the other six looked to each other bemused at the Avatar. “All very well-intentioned and noble on my part, of course, but—” before Discord could continue he was cut off by the paladin as she drew her sword.

“Get to the point before I bring home my, Discord.” the paladin said as she put the tip of her blade right up to his chest.

Discord crawled back slightly and gave a weak laugh, “You remember that whole thing with King Sombra?” he asked. The seven nodded as Applejack sheathed her blade and Fluttershy started to get bemused as well. “That was slightly my fault. And by "slightly", I mean... I brought him back.” Discord confessed. As the seven looked on in utter confusion. Discord rubbed the back of his head. “It seemed like a good idea at the time. Which is why I also brought back three others who are now on the loose and not really big fans of yours.” Discord added, “So... my bad.” he then gave another weak apologetic laugh as Twilight et al gasped.


About twenty minutes later in the throne room, Twilight et al, along with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were looking at Discord from the thrones. Luna was the first to speak. “So you thought you could boost Twilight’s confidence by freeing Cozy Glow and Tirek, while simultaneously recruiting Chrysalis, all in a plan to attack her?!”

“Let’s not forget resurrecting Sombra, everyone seems to forget about him.” Discord added.

Celestia took a breath to calm herself silently and was next to speak, “And while you united these them, you pretended to be Grogar?!” Celestia asked her temper still there.

Discord gave a nervous laugh, “Well, you sending Twilight to Magiville, then Krystalopolies, then sending her that old spellbook has done wonders for her development, I thought could replicate it and do it better.” he started to explain. He then tapped his index fingers, “Also there was the off chance that the three would conclude that Grogar was a bigger threat then they could handle and maybe reach out to you and possible reform…” Discord then gulped as he saw all the glares from all save Twilight, as she was just staring into the void. “Besides look at happened after you defeated Sombra and how great a job you did,” He directed to Twilight, “All the confidence you gained. Remember the cheering? The fist-bumps?” he asked as he looked towards the others hoping for them to see beyond his mess up.

Twilight was the first to speak, “Except it was all a lie. Well-intended it might be.” Twilight said with a sigh and shook her head. Discord felt the room drop at least ten degrees due to the disappointment Twilight et al felt. Twilight’s eyes widen in terror, “You've been setting up challenges for us the whole time, haven't you?” she asked as doubt had crept in. “None of our successes were actually real.”

Discord crossed his arms and rolled his eyes, he then raised one hand and started to count off “I was a statue when you faced Nightmare Moon and Nightmare Rarity, Chrysalis’ invasion during Shining and Cadance’s wedding, your first run-in with Sombra, and I was stripped of my power when you faced Tirek. Besides, I never heard of Starlight until after her time-travel thing, I also had Orderitis when you were on the lamb from Tempest. Need I go on?” he asked as he lowered his hands with a slight huff. “Of course they were!” he shouted as he wanted to pull his hair and eyes out. He took a breath and placed a hand on his chest, “You just had an extremely good-looking safety net during that thing with Sombra.”

Everyone gave a silent sigh before Spike spoke up, “And how was that supposed to help again?” the dragon asked.

“I intended to prepare Twilight for anything by orchestrating an epic attack at her coronation.” Discord declared as he crossed his arms as if his plan was obvious.

“You beast!” Rarity shouted. “Don't you know how much this day means to me?!” the enchantress continued as she reprimanded Discord. “Do you have any idea how many hours I put in and how much material I used to make Twilight's dress!” it wasn’t a question and Discord intelligently kept his mouth shut. “Why wait until now for such a horrible plan?!” she asked the question on everyone’s minds as to why Discord made this plan.

Discord crossed his arms, “You don't take a final on your first day of class.” he said as he winked to Celestia. If looks could kill, Celestia’s glare would have converted all of the matter that made Discord’s body energy in a Planck. Discord then turned his attention to the rest. “Just think – after defeating those three baddies at once, Twilight would have to believe that she's the leader we all know she is!” Discord disclosed the reasoning behind his plan.

In an instant, Celestia had flown up to Discord and was right in his face. “You have made a grave misjudgment, Discord.” the solar demigod all but hissed as her anger was just about to boil over. “Pray tell us that there is nothing else to tell us?!” She leaned back slightly as she kept her gaze on Discord as he gulped. “Be swift!” she ordered.

Discord gave a weak laugh, “Which would you like first, the good news or the bad news?” he asked as he took a step back.

Luna was the one to speak as she flew up to right in Discord’s face, “That wasn't the bad news?!” she shouted.

“Alright, I’ll start with the bad news.” Discord said as he took another step back and raised his hands. “All my chaos magic is…” then trailed off as he was reluctant to confess and ashamed of his situation, “gone.” he finished. “Trapped in Grogar's Bell.”

Spike sighed as he facepalmed himself, “So what's the good news?” Spike asked.

Discord closed his eyes and waved his left hand slightly, “Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow now have all of the real Grogar's magic.”

Everyone was just stunned silence. They could understand why Discord would consider losing his powers was the bad news when given the chance. But this, this was just beyond even his warped sense of well anti-reason. Twilight started to pant. Celestia turned to her student and pulled her sister with her. “We need to make a plan,” she said to the two. “Maybe it's not too late to stop this disaster from happening!” she exclaimed in a fleeting hope that they could salvage the situation.

“I... I need some time to think first.” Twilight said as she rubbed her temples as she tried to focus.

“There isn't any time!” Discord shouted. “Look what I overheard them saying!” he said before he snapped his fingers. There was a moment of silence as Discord was forced to recall that he was without magic. “Ugh!” he groaned. “Just listen to my voice and use your imagination!” he declared as he was prepared to narrate.

Rarity reached into her purse and pulled out her memory gem, “No need.” she said before she more or less shoved the gem into Discord’s forehead. ‘OW!’ he shouted. “Oppies, I was confident that you could handle that.” Rarity replied coyly. Discord rolled his eyes before the lights that hint to film projections came from them and hit one of the walls.

The projection showed Chrysalis, Cozy and Tirek walk to the table that ‘Grogar’ used for his crystal orb. “But we’ve played better,” she added before she laughed as they all turned to the altar. “No sense in following him. Thanks to Sombra’s solo attempt, the Elements of Harmony are gone, The Rainbow of Light is useless and now that Discord has no power, we have no threats. Besides, we must stick to the plan.” Chrysalis then started to chuckle again and was joined by the other two.

Cozy was the second to speak, “Don’t worry, Chrys, the ‘Lame Six’,” she said clearly mocking Twilight and her five closest friends, “are so busy being perfect, they haven't even noticed what we've been up to.” she stifled a giggle, “Have I mentioned how great revenge is?” she asked rhetorically.

Tirek was the last to speak, “I hope you got a name for this place picked out because it's time to destroy Mystica!” he declared. The three then started to laugh. At the moment Discord’s vision changed as he turned to face the exit and he ran.

Rarity then removed the gem as Discord’s memory faded. The lord of chaos quickly turned to Twilight and the other princesses, “They're probably on their way to attack Chantalot right now!” he concluded, not un-erroneously.

“Then we'll stop 'em!” Pinkie declared. Before Twilight could protest, “So what if Discord tried to be a set of training wheels concerning Sombra,” she said as she seemed to pop out of Twilight’s hair. “don’t you recall he got nailed to the floor and it was Sombra that actually gave the whole ‘the magic is inside you’ speech.” she then held her chin as she thought back to that day. “Granted he did it to mock us. But that’s beside the point. All you have to do is go through another Twilighting and we’ll be fine. And right now that means making charts and stuff.”

Twilight smiled as she took out a few pieces of parchment. “If three of our most dangerous unreformed foes are coming for a fight, we’ll have one waiting for them. But we need to warn Starlight, Chrysalis will want to settle their score first before she comes for us. Also, we need to let Cadance and Shining know, we might need them to mobilize Krystalopolie’s own forces to either aid or to secure a place to retreat to. We must also get the Pillars, any delay they can offer will be a Godsend.” she dictated as the quill started to write. “Call the rest of the ESM, the ultimate battle for the fate of Mystica is coming!”


Hours before and back inside Grogar’s former lair, Cozy, Chrysalis and Tirek were standing around the table with the Bell. Cozy took a breath to calm herself down. “We're not going anywhere until you two stop arguing!” she shouted to the other two. She turned her focus to Chrysalis, “Chrysalis, say something nice about Tirek.” she ordered as she calmed down.

Chrysalis groaned before she looked at Tirek, “He… actually looks… gr.gr.gre..great buffed up.” she struggled to say. “THERE ARE YOU HAPPY?” she shouted at Cozy.

Cozy just smiled and turned to Tirek. The Spellthief sighed, “She’s… actually very brilliant.”

Cozy smiled, “See it wasn’t so hard to find one thing to compliment the other.” The recently made Demigod then turned her focus to the bell, as did Chrysalis. “So about the-” she started, both started to look at it longingly.

“Are you both insane?” Tirek asked. Before either could answer he took the Bell. “Grogar’s Bewitching Bell doesn’t just give the recipient the raw power of the magic it injects into them. The magic and every aspect of it merges with the recipient. Why do you think you’re a demigod, and look at your own changes?” he asked the two. “Only Discord or another Erisadies, can control if that is even the right word, the chaos.”

Neither Cozy nor Chrysalis were convinced. “Looks like your argument wasn’t up to snuff.” Cozy pointed out. Tirek rolled his eyes. “However if you were to use a guinea pig to prove your point, I'll volunteer.” She smiled. Tirek sighed and then rang the bell pointing at Cozy. The Bell gonged and the magic trapped inside was sent into Cozy. Cozy’s body grew until she was like a woman of her actual age (late twenties) gorgeous while she was twenty feet tall she was still proportional and semantics, while her wing looked more like bat-like wings in structure. She looked at the other two and started to laugh as if she had outsmarted both. “Fools!” her laughter bellowed.

“Now I have more power than both of you!” she shouted as her demigod focus gem started to glow. “Kneel before my might!” she ordered. Chrysalis started to cower behind Tirek. Cozy then zapped just above Tirek only to conjure a rubber chicken. After it fell on him almost pathetically, Cozy tried to use the magic three more times only to summon pineapples. The pineapples then seemed to have mouths and snarled before they attacked Cozy. Cozy screamed for her life before she could be mauled by her creations, Tirek rang the bell and Discord’s magic was pulled out of Cozy returning her to normal and vanishing what she conjured.

Tirek turned to Chrysalis and just looked at her. Chrysalis sighed, “Fine, we’ll leave it in the Bell.” she consented with a huff. She then turned to the exit. “We've got a kingdom to conquer.” The trio turned and headed out of the liar, Cozy holding on to the bell.

With the three at the exit and looking out, “So, where should we strike first?” Cozy asked.

Chrysalis laughed, “Everywhere,” she said and the three head off in their own directions.

Author's Note:

With any luck, I'll finish this for Halloween.
Foxhelm, out