• Published 5th Oct 2019
  • 4,336 Views, 191 Comments

Apple Bloom's Mansion - Lucar



A mysterious manor appeared in the Everfree Forest, and Apple Bloom finds herself becoming a ghost hunter to save friends and family.

  • ...
2
 191
 4,336

Final

Apple Bloom returned to the manor, still peeved at Pyrite for tricking her like that to escape like the coward he was. Hopefully, he was still in the manor, so she could give him a piece of her mind. And if he wasn't, then she swore to capture him one day, even if she had to chase him beyond the borders of Equestria.

But she did a quick search of the whole manor just in case, room by room. Even the secret room beside the butler's chamber. She searched everywhere.

But she didn't find him...

At least, no ghost attacked her while she was searching. No psychos (they probably understood that it was no use to attack her), no wraiths (obviously, after dealing with the cloaked ghosts, they stopped coming), and no Painted ghosts (so either Pyrite was recovering, or he really escaped the manor to hide who knew where). To her wonder and worry, she didn't encounter Applejack and the others even once. They had just disappeared.

Probably waiting for her in that room in the basement, with Little Ghost.

Well, since Pyrite couldn't be found, Apple Bloom had no choice but to join this room and finish this nightmare once and for all. Since she searched the basement last, finishing her search with the archive room, she didn't have to go far before reaching the only door still locked in the building. Taking the Skull Key, Apple Bloom used it and opened the door, revealing a tortuous hallway.

And at the other end of this hallway was another door.

Apple Bloom took a big breath to prepare herself.

"Here we go..."

«Good luck, Apple Bloom.»

She opened the door, entering a room plunged in darkness.

Then, dozens of candles lit up by themselves, illuminating the room, and many voices screamed "SURPRISE!"

Apple Bloom jumped back and took her Poltergust, only for a bucket to come out of nowhere and block its end, giving her enough time to see what was going on.

Everypony was here, including Little Ghost, around a table full of food under a banner "APPLE BLOOM CLEANED THE MANOR OF ALL THE MEANIES!" and a smaller banner "APPLE BLOOM WILL JOIN US NOW!" under it.

It totally contrasted with the rest of the very gloomy room, which was full of weird symbols on the floor, the walls, the ceiling, and even the door. This whole room was made to seal Bogmire!

Apple Bloom simply looked dumbfounded at this. She definitively didn't expect a surprise party.

She was then hugged by Pinkie Pie, "What do you think? Do you like it? You sure took your time! We were starting to wonder if you were coming!"

"Yeah, what took you so long?" Rainbow Dash asked .

"Uh..." Apple Bloom looked at Little Ghost. "Pyrite escaped and Ah searched the whole manor for him, but I couldn't find him."

Little Ghost giggled. "Yeah. He ran away during your fight. But it's okay, he's not here anymore, so it counts."

"Ah also went to take a hot bath after Ah was half frozen by the windigo."

"Eeyup, ya needed one," Applejack confirmed.

"And Ah also had to help Smart Spirit placing all the treasures Ah collected in the barn."

"Treasures? How much are you talking about?" Rarity asked.

"We aren't sure, but we think it must be worth many billions of bits."

At this, half the ponies as well as Spike choked, Rarity even fainting, while the other half looked at Apple Bloom with wide eyes.

"And if you want them, no problem. I don't need gold and gems."

"This treasure's the wealth of the Gem Family, and Smart Spirit is their descendant! It's him who'll decide what t'do with this treasure!"

"Okay, whatever, now that you are there and that all the meanies are gone..." She waved her hoof, and the door behind Apple Bloom closed and some ghostly barrier blocked it. "You can join us!" she said happily. "And we will all be friends forever!"

"Yes! Join us!"

"Join us!"

"Join us!"

Apple Bloom got out of the hug of Pinkie and took a few steps away before speaking. "Ah wouldn't mind becoming yer friend Little Ghost. Ya seem nice and all, but ya aren't using the right method." She looked angrily at the foal ghost. "Brainwashing ponies into becoming yer friends doesn't make them yer friends! Just puppets that pretend to be yer friends!"

"Hey! That's not nice!" Pinkie shouted.

"We aren't puppets!" Spike shouted.

Little Ghost frowned at Apple Bloom before she waved at the others. The next instant, they all fell on the floor, sleeping.

"Let me ask you one question. What is a normal pony's first reaction at seeing a ghost?"

"Uh... They... They run away screaming like a filly?"

"So what do you think would happen if I tried to make friends the normal way? If I simply approached somepony to ask them to be my friend?"

Apple Bloom started looking at Little Ghost in sadness. "They'd panic..."

"That's right! They would panic! They would run and never come back! And I would be alone! And I have enough being alone!"

"But... It's still not the right way. Y-ya know... If ya release everypony, Ah'll become yer friend. And Ah'll ask everypony to be yer friends too, Ah'm sure they'll accept despite what ya've done, and despite ya being a ghost."

Little Ghost looked uncertain before closing her eyes. "N-no! I can't! There's no way! If they don't run away, then they will hate me! And they will not be my friends anymore! And you, you are just saying that to trick me and save them! You just want to take them away from me and leave the manor!"

"No! Ah-"

"I will not let you! They will remain with me! And you will join them! And I will never be alone anymore! Now..." Her eyes started glowing strongly as she looked Apple Bloom in the eyes. "Become my friend!"

Apple Bloom quickly looked away before taking the Poltergust and activating it on Little Ghost.

"NOO!!" She screamed as she struggled for a couple seconds. Using her power, she then created a shockwave around her, breaking out of the vortex before rapidly flying away. Once at the other side of the room, she looked back angrily at Apple Bloom. "You meany!" she screamed as the room started shaking while Applejack and the others awakened, looking angrily at Apple Bloom too.

"Ya're forcing me, Little Ghost! Ah don't want t'be brainwashed! And if ya won't listen, then ya won't leave me any choice! Last warning! Release them, and there won't be a fight!"

"NO!!"

At her scream, the ceiling, then the walls, along with the banners and everything else hanging from them, flew away, revealing that the room was now in some kind of void with a shifting background like in her fights against Mister Bear, Bogmire, and Pyrite. Everything that was sent away then started flying around what remained of the room.

Little Ghost managed to send them in another dimension without Apple Bloom realizing! There wasn't even the flashing stuff like before!

But Apple Bloom didn't let this distract her, as with one wave of her hoof, Little Ghost ordered Applejack and the others to attack her while the table and all the food on it started floating. She immediately took the bat, having no choice.

Rainbow Dash was the first to reach her thanks to her speed, only to take the bat to her face, sending her flying beyond the edge of the room into the void. Apple Bloom then swung her bat again while spinning, hitting Pinkie on the head as she somehow popped behind her.

At this moment, Little Ghost threw the table at her while Twilight levitated her in her magic. Apple Bloom took the Poltergust, put it to red, and trapped the table in the vortex before sending it back toward Twilight, the table slamming her and propelling her beyond the edge of the room. Twilight was however saved by Little Ghost levitating her back to the room while Rainbow flew back here too.

Then, from the void, the floor of Clean Order's room came and merged itself with the floor of the sealing room. At this, pretty much the whole manor, in pieces, started flying around, and one by one, the floor of a bathroom, of the room with the armors, and of Ruby and Sapphire's room also merged with the sealing room, the pieces destroying each other when merging when the borders exceeded, so they could still assemble despite their differences in size. The objects in those rooms then started levitating, to be used as projectiles by Little Ghost.

Apple Bloom thrust the bat in Scootaloo's belly, then bucked her, before she trapped Fluttershy with the Poltergust and sent her toward Rarity. Now with enough place, she ran away from the remaining ponies and dragon, bonking again Rainbow Dash as the pegasus charged at her, and after doing some running around avoiding Little Ghost's projectiles, she charged at her and activated the Poltergust. Like before, Little Ghost was trapped in the vortex for a few seconds before she escaped with a shockwave.

The floors then separated, and Apple Bloom found herself stuck in the bathroom while Zircon's frozen room merged to it, and the twin's room and the armory room returned and merged to them. Little Ghost then dropped her 'friends' on the merged room before she took the bathtub -which was probably the one that Swift Wave used as it was full of water-, took all the water from it, and sent it right toward Apple Bloom. The filly ran to dodge the stream, but Little Ghost used her power to make the water home in on the filly, wetting her with the freezing water. Apple Bloom then saw electricity appear above her and restarted to run again, a lightning bolt striking where she had been not even a second earlier. More lightning bolts tried to strike her while she avoided the controlled ponies and dragon chasing her, still having to buck Rainbow Dash on the muzzle, propelling her toward Twilight and making the two of them slide on the ice of the frozen room. a room that she avoided with how wet and cold she already was with the bathtub's water.

But then, a closet charged at her, and caught her inside it before its doors closed on her, trapping her inside. She quickly bucked the door a few times to break it and escaped the closet just in time as it was impaled from all sides by different swords. She immediately had to avoid a buck from Applejack before she caught her with the Poltergust and slammed her on Rainbow, Spike, and Pinkie. She then spun and threw Applejack at Twilight. She rolled to avoid a lightning bolt and ran toward Little Ghost, who was in the freezing room. For the third time, she trapped Little Ghost, and for the third time, she escaped.

Again, the rooms separated, leaving Apple Bloom in the frozen room. However, Little Ghost threw at her the floor of the room where she fought Diamond Cup, and with a well-timed jump, Apple Bloom was able to jump on it as it passed. Objects rained, and the filly had to run around to avoid them until the floor merged with the floor of the room with the instruments, then with the floor of the kitchen.

As Little Ghost dropped Applejack and the others, knives started flying toward Apple Bloom to impale her while floating books appeared to try to devour her, along with that nightmarish piano! She started by sucking up the knifes like she did against the first maid, before she trapped Rainbow with the Poltergust and threw her toward Twilight to stop her from using her magic. She then took the shear and used it to cut the books until she was caught from behind by Rarity. While the mare was holding her, Sweetie Belle punched her in the face. The Apple filly escaped by headbutting Rarity under the chin, forcing her to release her, before she also headbutted Sweetie Belle, and bucked her. She rolled to avoid the remaining books charging at her, captured them with the Poltergust, and threw them at the approaching piano as it opened its 'mouth', causing the instrument to devour them.

As she ran from the piano, she then heard a familiar sound, and saw Pinkie Pie now holding a chainsaw charging at her! She side jumped to avoid Pinkie's first swing, then lowered her head to not be beheaded, before she headbutted the pink mare hard in the gut, making her drop the chainsaw. She then used the Poltergust to throw her at Twilight before she took the chainsaw and looked at everypony, daring them to approach. The piano then bounced at her, and Apple Bloom turned to it, rising the chainsaw. And in a long clash, the filly cut the instrument almost in two! She quickly circled it as it tried to keep itself together and finished it by cutting the second part from behind!

Apple Bloom then looked around and spotted Little Ghost in the kitchen part of the merged rooms, the wooden stove floating beside her, a fire in it. Then, a stream of fire came out of the stove toward Apple Bloom who started running around while approaching the ghost, the fire forcing the others to run or fly away too. She was eventually able to approach enough to attack Little Ghost, but before she could activate the vacuum, Little Ghost threw the stove at her, which she avoided with a roll. Little Ghost then expelled all the others out of the rooms and made them float in the void as, like a book, the music room started to close on the kitchen. Apple Bloom couldn't run to Diamond Cup's room in time, so instead she ran to the edge and jumped in the void, catching a passing flying candlelight. She then balanced to gain momentum, and jumped on a flying desk, before she jumped again to land on the floor of the attic (the room where she jumpscared Jump Scare).

Little Ghost started throwing pieces of room at her, but luckily, the attic had enough space for her to avoid all the pieces thrown. She just had to run fast enough. After a whole minute of that, Little Ghost just decided to send the floor of the attic flying wildly, causing it to ram into a field of floating objects and pieces of rooms, and Apple bloom to be propelled to a wall before she fell. In her falling, she caught a floating chair and sat on it while looking around.

She spotted Little Ghost surrounded by at least one hundred candles, and she started firing little fireballs from them, forcing the filly to jump from object to object, running on tables, balancing on candlelights, using floating books that didn't try to eat her as platforms to reach other objects.

Little Ghost sent Applejack and the others after her, the brainwashed also using the objects to reach her, Twilight firing magical beams, and the ones that can fly, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, directly charging at her from the air. Keeping her balance on a portrait of Pyrite, she lowered her head to avoid a magical beam before using her bat on Rainbow Dash to send her at Fluttershy. She then jumped to a chest from the attic to avoid the next magical beam and restarted approaching Little Ghost while avoiding the fireballs.

Applejack bounced at her, only to take a high kick on the head that made her miss her jump and fall on the ceiling of a room below. She then caught Scootaloo with her Poltergust and threw her at Sweetie Belle. Grabbing a mirror passing beside, she used it to deflect a magical beam back at Twilight before throwing it at Spike.

After a few more jumps, Little Ghost started floating backward while she stopped firing her fireballs. ALL the objects then started flying around her like a tornado, and Apple Bloom thought about how she was going to reach her now. Then, she got an idea and started climbing the tornado of objects while Little Ghost took some of said objects and threw them at her one after another. Applejack and the others also continued chasing her, the chaos of the tornado causing them to attack from all directions. Like always, Rainbow charged at her, and Apple Bloom stomped on her, using her to reach the table of the dinner room before she took a plate floating around and slammed it against her. Applejack then reached the table from below and climbed on it, and Apple Bloom saw a shelf approaching, so she caught Applejack with the Poltergust and placed her on the path of the shelf, the furniture passing and taking her with it.

Pinkie then dropped from above right on her, but Apple Bloom was able to use the handle of the Poltergust to bonk Pinkie and force her to move. Getting up, Apple Bloom then used the Poltergust to hit her again, and again, before bucking her and throwing her beyond the edge of the table, hitting Rarity on the way. With Pinkie gone, Apple Bloom left the table by jumping on the passing pool table, just in time as another shelf thrown by Little Ghost destroyed the table of the dinner room.

She climbed, and climbed, and climbed, until she judged that she climbed enough. Now walking on the floor of one of the washrooms, she approached the edge facing the direction of Little Ghost to see if she was right. Taking her decision, she walked back, then ran and jumped. While jumping, she took the handle of the Poltergust, pointed it at Little Ghost, and once she fell at her level, she pressed the button. Little Ghost was caught in the vortex, and she dragged her while she fell as the floor of the foyer passed below. Apple Bloom then pulled down on the handle, and Little Ghost was slammed before Apple Bloom dropped hard on the floor. But despite the pain of her fall, she quickly got back up before Little Ghost could escape and caught her again before slamming her again, and again, and again.

Little Ghost couldn't resist anymore, and with a terrible scream, she was captured.

Then, the tornado of objects became totally erratic, losing its shape to become a chaos of objects and pieces of the manor flying in all directions. And as Apple Bloom looked around, Applejack and the others fell one by one on the floor of the foyer, unconscious, while the rooms reformed, objects and walls returning at their places. Around her, the foyer returned to normal, first the walls, then the objects, then the stairs, the loft, and finally, the ceiling with the chandelier. More sound indicated the rooms returning at their place before it finally stopped.

Apple Bloom looked again as everything calmed, breathing heavily. Slowly, she advanced to the entrance of the manor and opened the door. Looking outside, she saw that she... they were back in their dimension. She could spot Smart Spirit's caravan at the bottom of the hill.

"Prof? Ah... Ah caught her..."

«Wonderful! But I am saddened that you couldn't reason her.»

"Maybe if we free her with the others, she'll listen to them."

«I hope. What about your friends?»

Apple Bloom looked at the others as they were starting to wake up, all of them groaning in pain. "They may need t'go to the hospital, but they're alright."

Seeing Applejack opening her eyes, Apple Bloom ran and tackle hugged her, knocking her on her back.

"Applejack!"

"W-whoa! Watch out Bloom! Urg... Why does it feel like Ah was run over by a herd of buffalos? What happened?"

Apple Bloom looked at Applejack. "Ya don't remember?"

"Ah... Ah remember entering this scary manor with the others... Then... Ghosts... But after that, it's all blurry... Ah... Ah remember chasing ya... But why'd Ah chase ya? And... Ya punched Twilight?"

"Ugh... Why is my head feeling like it was hit again and again by a bat?" asked Pinkie.

"Ow ow ow..." groaned Rainbow Dash as she rubbed her slightly bleeding muzzle.

"Why do I see myself punching Apple Bloom in the face?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Strange, I see myself firing beams at her," Twilight said. "And also... A little... filly ghost? But... Ghosts don't exist but... I remember that we were foalnapped... And..."

"I remember that too..." Fluttershy said as she started looking around in panic. "Where are they?! Where are the ghosts?! I... I must get out of here!"

"Don't worry!" shouted Apple Bloom as she ran to Fluttershy and rubbed her leg to calm her. "No ghosts will attack ya anymore. Ah made sure of that."

"What do you mean? And what's this weird machine on your back?" asked Scootaloo. "I remember those ghosts too. We entered the manor, and then, there was that filly ghost, and all those ghosts came and took us and..."

"It's a long story. The short version, Ah used this 'weird machine' on mah back to capture the ghosts and save y'all."

"Capture... the ghosts? It's possible?" Spike asked.

"Thanks to that there machine, yes. How about we get out of here and get y'all to the hospital before Ah explain what happened? Unless you're able t'remember by then."

"I wouldn't mind getting to the hospital," Rainbow said as she rubbed her muzzle.

So they all slowly started to move to the exit.

But then the Poltergust started shaking.

Fluttershy saw this. "Hum... Apple Bloom? Why is the machine on your back shaking? Is it normal? Well, if you don't mind me asking."

"Uh?" Apple Bloom looked at her back and saw the Poltergust shaking. It shook more and more.

Then, with a Boom! Little Ghost came out of the Poltergust, yelling like a banshee, glowing, before disappearing in the ceiling of the foyer.

Apple Bloom could only look in both wonder and horror as it happened, while everypony else jumped back in surprise, Fluttershy hiding behind Rainbow Dash.

"What was that?!" Twilight yelled.

"That was her! That was the filly ghost!" Sweetie Belle screamed.

«Apple Bloom? Apple Bloom, what happened?!»

"She... She escaped..." Apple Bloom answered, not believing what she said.

«WHAT?!»

The room suddenly started shaking, and Applejack shouted, "Everypony out!"

"Don't tell us twice!" Spike shouted as the chandelier dropped behind them.

They all passed the door and exited the manor, the whole building shaking, the lights of the windows going wild. The ponies went down the hill and stopped beside the caravan of Smart Spirit, joined by him, to look at what was happening.

This continued for a few more seconds before it stopped, all the lights from the windows disappearing.

Then, the lights of the two windows above the entrance lit up, like before, while the manor started glowing like Little Ghost earlier.

And the manor visibly frowned at them.

And the whole hill started shaking, the trees of the Everfree Forest around starting to fly toward the manor.

Smart Spirit took down his glasses. "You have got to be kidding me..."

"Prof... Don't... Don't tell me..."

"She took possession of the whole manor..."

Before everypony's eyes, the flying trees started to merge, wrapping around each other, forming four long wooden things that then merged with both sides of the manor, forming... legs. Planting them on the hill, the manor slowly used them to rise from the ground.

"And she is angry..."

Above it, a small hole opened in the sky, slowly growing, and soon enough, Apple Bloom could see ghosts coming out of it, and the manor started advancing, struggling at first (being Little Ghost's first steps).

"And of course, in her rage, she opens a hole to the spiritual world! Ok! Time to escape!"

"What?! But we can't! We must stop them!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

"Do you really expect to destroy a whole manor while fighting a literal, infinite army of ghosts?!"

"Uh..."

"I thought so! We need the power of an alicorn to destroy this manor, and then some ponies will use my Poltergusts to attack the ghosts and cover said alicorn! Now, all of you enter my caravan pronto before we get turned into paste and join that army of ghosts!"

Everypony obeyed him while Smart Spirit went to the driver's seat to start. He was joined by Apple Bloom on the seat by his own.

"But prof, what about Ponyville? By the time one of the princesses comes, it'll be destroyed!"

Smart Spirit pressed the pedal, moving the caravan, before he turned it away from the possessed manor that had almost reached the bottom of the hill.

"I know, but I don't know what else to do! If we had explosives, we could try to destroy it, but I don't have such things in my caravans. Well, no explosives powerful enough."

"Explosives..." Apple Bloom looked at the Poltergust, and more exactly, at the overheat gauge. "Actually, prof, we've such explosives. Five, to be exact. Powerful enough to blow up a house. Prepare the four other Poltergusts! Ah'm going!" she shouted before jumping from the siege and walking back toward the walking manor.

"What?! Are you crazy?!" Smart Spirit stopped the vehicle and turned to her. "Apple Bloom! Come back!"

"Apple Bloom!" Sweetie Belle shouted, looking through a window.

"Apple Bloom! Ya come back immediately!" Applejack shouted.

"Sorry, Applejack, but nope!" Apple Bloom shouted back. Then, at the manor, she yelled, "Hey! Little Ghost! Ah'm here!"

Taking one last step, the manor stopped, looking down at her, the legions of ghosts circling it like the wind.

Apple Bloom put the Poltergust to red. "Come at me."

As one, the ghosts charged at her, and Apple Bloom activated the Poltergust. When the first dozen ghosts were captured, the others quickly dispersed around her, attacking with all kinds of weapons and abilities, and Apple Bloom dodged and attacked them in return.

The manor then raised a leg toward Apple Bloom, and seeing it, the filly quickly ran, jumping and rolling at the last moment, barely escaping being crushed. She immediately got back up to capture more ghosts, capturing a griffon soldier, then a nurse mare, then a noble stallion, then another mare using a sword... The manor raised another leg, and like before, Apple Bloom barely escaped it.

Then, after capturing the ghost of some bipedal cat, the Poltergust started doing Bip! Bip! Bip! Looking at the overheat gauge, Apple Bloom saw that it was full. Quickly, she removed the Poltergust from her back, took the crystal inside, and threw the machine right through the entrance door before running away. The next instant, the whole foyer, and everything around it were destroyed in a huge explosion, blowing a big hole at the front of the manor. The windows that served as eyes were also destroyed, but new ones lit up at both sides of the manor to replace them.

"That crazy filly is doing it... I can't believe it," said Smart Spirit in disbelief.

The others could only look with wide eyes at what they witnessed.

"Prof!" Apple Bloom yelled as she ran back to the caravan. "The next Poltergust! Quick!"

"Here!" The prof shouted as he threw a new Poltergust at her. Apple Bloom quickly put the crystal in it before returning to the fight.

"Wait! Ya're letting her return?!" Applejack yelled. "She's just a filly! She'll get herself killed!"

"That filly is the only one who can save your town! She fought through an army of ghosts, a dragon, a hydra, a windigo, a group of wraiths, all to save you all! And right now, she just blew a huge hole at that mad manor! That filly has a greater chance of surviving this battle than any of us! So trust her!"

Applejack and the others looked at the prof in disbelief, before they looked at Apple Bloom.

The filly was starting to suck up ghosts again, rolling to avoid the spear of a griffon, then jumping to avoid a magical beam, before she trapped the ghost of a buffalo and slammed him around. The manor then started firing energy beams from all its windows before trying to stomp on her again. Apple Bloom ran around to avoid all this, until suddenly, the manor jumped and fell back on her. Thankfully, she was able to get to the hole in the floor caused by the explosion earlier, avoiding being crushed by the building. The manor jumped back, then lowered itself before charging.

Apple Bloom avoided the charge simply by pressing herself against the ground, the manor passing above her. It would have charged at the caravan if Smart Spirit hadn't quickly moved the vehicle. When the manor stopped, it didn't turn around, instead firing from its chimneys big fireballs that separated into smaller ones that rained all over the area.

Avoiding the fireballs, Apple Bloom approached the manor while continuing to capture the ghosts, finishing a minotaur before targeting some weird bipedal creature covered in white fur armed with a shield and a trident. The creature brought down his trident, and Apple Bloom jumped to the left before passing under the ghost. At his back, she activated the Poltergust and slammed him around on the other ghosts around until he was captured. Apple Bloom then captured the slammed ghosts, and some more, until she heard the Bip! Bip! Bip! again. As the manor continued firing fireballs from the chimneys, it didn't see the filly approaching the back door leading to the first floor hallway. After taking the crystal, Apple Bloom entered the hallway, placed the Poltergust in front of the washroom, then ran to the front of the manor, the Poltergust exploding with a good part of the back left of the manor, including the leg, the remaining that survived the explosion crumbling, the left chimney disappearing.

Exiting the manor from the hole at the front, Apple Bloom ran back to the caravan to take the next Poltergust that Smart Spirit threw at her. At the same time, the manor started again firing energy beams, so Apple Bloom quickly took the Poltergust, placed the crystal in it, and put it on her back, all the while running, some of the beams almost hitting the caravan.

"Come on, Apple Bloom! One or two more explosions and that manor'll be a pile of rubble!" Applejack shouted.

"You can do it, Apple Bloom!" both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo shouted.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?!" a voice suddenly yelled from the sky behind them.

When everypony looked up, they saw both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna coming, followed by some pegasi and thestrals.

"Princess!" Twilight happily screamed. "You're he-"

Suddenly, the area started shaking, and all around the manor, whole chunks of ground broke away and started levitating, three of them under the three remaining legs bringing the manor up while another took Apple Bloom with it. The 'ghost storm' then gained in intensity as the hole in the sky grew even more and ghosts came out of it by hundreds.

"I recognize that manor! It is the one of the Gem family! But it disappeared over one thousand years ago!" said Celestia.

"And why is a filly fighting it all alone?!" Luna shouted.

"Because, Your Majesty, before you came, that filly was the only one who could fight it and stop it from destroying Ponyville. If we had come to warn you like we wanted to do first, the town would have been destroyed," said Smart Spirit. "But now that you are here, you could help her destroy the manor!" He then looked curiously at them. "By the way, how did you know what was happening here?"

Luna raised an eyebrow at him. "A hole opening in the sky is hard to miss."

"Touché."

On the flying chunk of the ground, they could see Apple Bloom capturing ghosts after ghosts while avoiding energy beams from the manor.

"Now, could somepony explain to us how a filly is actually fighting an army of ghosts and a living manor?" Luna asked.

"Oh! Easy! The manor is possessed by the ghost of an unborn filly, and she's so angry that her power opened a hole in the sky to a dimension full of ghosts! But thanks to that Polterthingy she has on her back, Apple Bloom, who has become really good at fighting ghosts, is able to capture them and is using the Polterthingies as bombs to blow up the manor!" Pinkie Pie answered.

Celestia looked at all of them in worry. "And why are you all hurt? Did you try to fight it?"

"Uh... We aren't sure for that," answered Applejack. "We woke up like that before it all went to Tartarus with the manor."

"You were brainwashed by Little Ghost, and Apple Bloom had to fight you to save you," informed Smart Spirit.

"Wait. You mean we got all our flanks kicked by Apple Bloom?" asked Rainbow Dash in disbelief. "How?"

"I didn't see the fight, but from what she told me about her previous encounters with you, the Poltergust is not only a powerful weapon against ghosts but also a powerful weapon against the living. You see what she's doing to those ghosts?" The ponies looked to see her slamming around a ghost of a yak. "She could do the same to you. And I also armed her with a bat." Speaking of this, Apple Bloom used the bat to send back a rock thrown at her by one of the ghosts.

"It is no wonder we are so hurt, then," said Rarity, flinching at the thought of being slammed like a rag doll.

"So, will you go help Apple Bloom, princess?" asked Twilight.

Princess Celestia looked back at Apple Bloom as the filly jumped on another, smaller chunk of ground slowly floating up beside the first one. Thanks to it, she was able to reach another big chunk of ground floating a little higher, and closer to the manor. Here, she immediately started fighting more ghosts while advancing to another chunk of ground beside it. She then looked at the hole in the manor before looking back at Apple Bloom.

"What do you think, Luna?"

"Fighting an entire possessed manor would be a first for us, but the filly seems to handle this fight very well without us."

Suddenly, the manor slapped a small group of small floating chunks, more like boulders, sending them toward Apple Bloom. The filly ran around to dodge them, then caught one of them with the Poltergust. She then spun a few times before throwing the boulder back at the manor, breaking one of the windows of the second floor at the right. Apple Bloom then jumped on a few more chunks, the manor trying to slap her as she approached more and more, until she reached the roof.

"I propose we watch. I am curious to see what she will do. And it would not feel right to intervene. It seems to be her fight."

Celestia nodded, smiling. "And I feel that this fight is almost over, we wouldn't help much."

On the roof, Apple Bloom remained close to the right chimney as she ran around a group of changeling ghosts, some of them attacking her directly while others fired magical beams. Some of the ghosts even shapeshifted into other races like griffons or minotaurs. But it didn't help them much against the Poltergust at full power. The ghost of some unicorn mage was also using all kinds of offensive spells, but Apple Bloom quickly ran to him before capturing him.

While she was capturing a pack of Diamond Dogs, the manor then raised its front right leg to try to crush her again and again, but Apple Bloom didn't stop running in a circle to avoid it. More fireballs came out of the remaining chimney, and as they rained, they put the roof on fire. But before the fire could spread too much, Apple Bloom finally heard the Bip! Bip! Bip! and ran to the chimney.

Like before, she took the crystal and threw the Poltergust in the chimney before she ran to the hole in the roof that had been caused by her slamming the windigo. She jumped in it and landed on a part of the floor of the attic that hadn't been blown by the first explosion, at the left. At this instant, a huge explosion happened on the right side of the manor, blowing the right extremity of the attic along with Pyrite's room, a good part of the trophy room, a part of the right side of the balcony, and pretty much all the rooms of the second floor on the right side.

As the right part of the manor that had survived the explosion started crumbling, the manor itself dropped completely on the ground, having lost its two legs at the right with the explosion. Apple Bloom quickly took the occasion to jump from the attic all the way to the ground, doing a roll as she landed, before she ran away from the manor. The building itself started tilting forward, more of it crumbling, and Apple Bloom ran faster to avoid it falling on her.

She was able to escape, and the manor hit the ground, the little tower detaching of what remained of the roof before falling behind her, and the building disappearing in a huge cloud of dust. When the cloud disappeared, all that remained was a pile of rubble.

Apple Bloom looked at the pile, breathing hard. Meanwhile, the ghosts that hadn't been captured scattered everywhere or returned to the hole in the sky as it closed. Seeing that it was really over this time, she smiled, before she was tackle hugged from behind by Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, quickly followed by Applejack also hugging her while telling her how reckless she had been and how worried the mare had been. The others joined her, congratulating her and/or scolding her. Behind the group, Celestia and Luna slowly approached, followed by the impressed guards, the younger princess ecstatic at what she just saw, while the older saw that it was time to raise the sun.

But then Apple Bloom saw something moving among the rubble, and saw Little Ghost slowly float out of them, looking down, totally drained of her energy. She was so drained that she was almost invisible.

There would be no way for her to escape now...