• Published 31st Oct 2019
  • 3,330 Views, 80 Comments

A Love Story in 30 Days - Phantom-Dragon



For one month only, Spike Scorpio is determined to pass a Co-Ed experiment. Will he succeed, or will it be the last he'll ever get to see his new girls again?

  • ...
3
 80
 3,330

Day 4 — Rainbow Rocks

Thursday afternoon at Phoenix University and day four for the female students of Alicorn Academy's visit.

The sun rose up and shines brightly through the window, pouring its way into Sunset and Wallflower's room.

Sunset was the first to wake up, blinking her eyes open, adjusting her vision to the morning’s light.

“Morning, girls and Spike,” Sunset yawned. “Rise and shine-oh!”

Sunset looked down and sees Spike and Gabby snuggling up next to each other, with Gabby’s head nuzzling in his neck. But they’re not the only one. Sleeping and spooning him from behind was Wallflower Blush, with one of her legs wrapped around his.

Sunset Shimmer couldn’t help big grin at the cute sight, while sadly knowing that all good things must come to an end.

“Hey, hey wake up,” She patted gently at Spike, Gabby, and Wallflower’s shoulders.

“Mmmm, morning already?” Gabby asked, yawning and stretched her arms out, with Spike following as they got up and looked to see a new day has begun.

“Welp, back to the-huh?”

It didn’t take long for Spike to feel a pair of arms wrapped around him that he turned and looked to see Wallflower Blush, still fast asleep.

Wallflower herself was stirring herself awake, but her eyes immediately blinked awake, when she finds herself staring into a pair of emerald green eyes.

“Wha-AAH!!!” Wallflower exclaimed, as she backed away, startling everyone in the room. “Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry! I—“ With her face turned red, and she lets out a flustered scream before dashing into the bathroom.

Spike, Gabby, and Sunset were left in an awkward silence, looking at the bathroom door the girl had darted into.

“What just happened?” Spike asked.

“I-I think you should go,” Sunset advices.

“Yeah, definitely,” With that, Spike took his leave. “See you later,” He waved.

“See ya!” Gabby called.

“またね (Matane),” Sunset waved.


Later that day

After they were done with their classes, and all of their assignments were finished for the day, Spike was hanging out with the guys in the school’s courtyard.

"Ah, this is the life," Spike sighed, as he reclines against a tree. "Day four of having the girls at our school, and another day free of those three morons's antics."

"You said it, Spike," Rumble replied in agreement. "That security guy isn't half-bad. He's pretty awesome when he's not such a stickler for his job."

"Are you kidding me?" Button Mash smirked. "All it takes was just one Hello Kitty and the guy's all mellow."

"Yeah, whatever," Rumble rolled his eyes. "I'm just glad that less trouble with those idiots means more time for us to get to know our new girl friends."

"Easy for you to say," Pipsqueak frowned sadly. "I still haven't found my girl yet."

"Hang in there, Pip," Featherweight encouraged. "You'll find her. It's always the good ones who take the longest."

"I guess."

"Speaking of girls," Tender began. "How are you progressing with yours, Spike?"

"Who Gabby?" Spike smiled. "She and are real tight. We–"

"Yeah, yeah, we know about Gabby," Tender interrupted. "I meant the others."

"Others? Oh, you mean the other...six...seven...eight...Wallflower makes nine," Spike counted. "They're alright."

"Just alright?" Button asked, skeptically. "C'mon, Spike. There's gotta be more between you and the girls. I mean they were your–"

"Button!" The other four Guys shouted, reminding the gamer boy not to pressure Spike.

"Sorry," He apologized.

"What I believe Mr. Gameboy was trying to ask is, what are they like?" Featherweight asked.

Spike relaxed himself, collecting his thoughts before he answered, "Let's see, who do I begin with?" He pondered for a moment, before he began explaining, "Well, Twilight's the smartest of the girl. Being the bookworm, she loves her books, and that tells us how passionate and smart she is. She's a magnet for A+ and she'd make a great tutor, I'm sure. Then there're Applejack and Rainbow Dash. They're the strongest and athletics of the gang, and they can be real competitive. But they're a lot of fun. Tough sure, but fun."

"Yeah, I can agree to that," Rumble nodded. "Scootaloo's practically Rainbow Dash's sister. She can tell us a lot about her."

"Same with Apple Bloom, being Applejack's little sister," Tender Taps added.

"And what about Sweetie Belle's sister?" Button Mash asked.

"Sweetie Belle's sister..." Spike muttered. "It's uh...who is it?"

"Rarity, that's who," Button answered.

"Oh! Right! The fashionista!" Spike smiled. "She's generous and caring, but above all, she is smoking hot," The boy realized what he said, before he leans forward and whispered, "But don't tell Gabby I said that."

"Hey, I don't blame you brother," Button replied. "She is sexy. I should know, I'm dating her sister."

"Anyway, continue," Featherweight insisted.

"Uh who else is there?" Spike pondered for a moment, before he remembers, "Oh yeah! There's Fluttershy, who we all know her as Zephyr Breeze's 'big' sister. When she's not keeping Zeph in line, she's delicate and demure with the sweetest little voice, with an immeasurable love for animals. Although, she can be a little shy, hence her nickname."

"Sounds like she should be renamed as the Bashful Butterfly, don't you think?" Button asked, to which the other guys groaned. "What?

"Anyway, there's Pinkie Pie. She's...let's just say she's can be so unpredictable," He answered quickly, before he counted seven of his fingers, "Sunset Shimmer, the fiery Japanese girl of the group. She's...I don't know what to say about her. She's mysterious...and she's always seemed sad about something. I don't know what's up, but I think it's best not to ask. Don't want to come off to bluntly for her, y'know?" The rest of the guys all nodded in understanding, before they beckoned for Spike to continue. "Right. Number 8 is Starlight Glimmer. For some reason, she's really attached to that plant, Phyllis, of hers. But all the same, like Twilight and Sunset, she's just as smart, and I think she's the second-in-command of the girls, seeing as how she seems to have a talent of a leader."

"And who is number 9?" Pipsqueak asked.

"Number 9 is Wallflower Blush," Spike confirmed. "Well, she's perhaps the most quiet of the girls, even more than Fluttershy. Sometimes, I hardly even notice she was there. She's always so quiet, except whenever I'm around for some reason."

"Maybe it's because she likes ya," Tender Taps insisted. "In fact, a lot of the girls liked ya, buddy."

Spike nodded, both flattered and grievously, “Don’t remind me,” Spike muttered, grimacing at the thought of Cozy Glow.

Just then, the sound of singing and instruments playing was heard, from a window, "Hey, you guys hear that?" Spike asked, to which the Guys all held their hands up to their ears and listened.

They all followed the singing and the instruments, which lead them to the backstage area of the theatre. There, they could hear the song up close.

"It's the girls!" Spike exclaimed, recognizing seven of their voices. "Wow, they sound pretty good." He said, with the rest of the guys exchanging random agreements.


At the same time, the said girls were all playing instruments together, as they sang a song together in a music room.

To anyone who listens to their song, without a doubt, they sang in perfect harmony.

Rainbow Rocks

[THE RAINBOOMS]
We used to fight with each other (Oh-wha-oh-wha-oh-wha-oh)
That was before we discovered (Oh-wha-oh-wha-oh-wha-oh)
That when your friendship is real (Oh-wha-oh-wha-oh-wha-oh)
Yeah, you just say what you feel
And the music, yeah, the music gets us to the top
As we learn how the rainbow... Rainbow Rocks!

[APPLEJACK]
You can pick up the bass (Oh-wha-oh-wha-oh-wha-oh)

[RAINBOW DASH]
And you can play the guitar (Oh-wha-oh-wha-oh-wha-oh)

[PINKIE PIE]
You can bang on the drums (Oh-wha-oh-wha-oh-wha-oh)

[TWILIGHT SPARKLE & SUNSET SHIMMER]
Or you can sing like a star

[THE RAINBOOMS]
And the music, yeah, the music gets us to the top
As we learn how the rainbow... Rainbow Rocks!
As we learn how the rainbow... Rainbow Rocks!

Just then, a round of applause was heard to which the girls looked up to see Spike and the Guys were standing at the doorway, applauding, "Bravo! Bravo! Bravissimo! En core!" Button Mash said enthusiastically.

"Oh, hey Guys!" Twilight smiled. "Hi Spike!"

"How long have ya'll been hearing us?" Applejack asked.

"I think we've heard enough," Spike replied. "You girls are awesome! I had no idea you were all a band!”

"Well, now you know!" Rainbow Dash smiled. "You're looking at the Sonic Rainbooms!"

Spike and the Five Guys all turned to each other, exchanging nods and comments, "Sonic Rainbooms. Catchy name."

"So what role in the band do each of you girls play on?" Spike asked.

Well you got me as lead guitarist/lead singer," Rainbow Dash confirmed. "And I have Twilight and Sunset as my co-lead singers, but Sunset’s also a fellow guitarist.”

“Definitely!” Pinkie chirped. “She can shred a mean guitar!”

“Whoa!” Rumble gasped. “That’s so cool!”

Rainbow Dash then resumes, “Fluttershy’s on tambourine, Applejack‘s on Bass, Rarity on keytar, and Pinkie Pie on the drums."

Turning to the left, Spike noticed Starlight Glimmer, sitting in a chair, "And what about you, Starlight?" Spike asked. "Are you part of the band?"

"Not really," Starlight shook her head. "I'm not much of a singer, except when I'm singing my little Phyllis to bed. I just like to hang out and listen to the songs."

"Did I hear singing?" A voice spoke up, revealing himself to be Zephyr Breeze, with Snips and Snails. "Rainbow!" Zephyr exclaimed happily, much to Rainbow's annoyance. "I thought I heard you singing."

"And I wished you didn't..." Rainbow muttered.

Before anything else were to happen, Spike and the Guys interjected, "Zephyr! Snips! Snails! Please, we're begging you guys, no more of your antics," Spike ordered. "Just take it somewhere else before there's any trouble."

"How insulting!" Snips frowned.

"Yeah! That's a wild accusation, Scorpio," Snails scowled. "Just because you're the headmaster's nephew, doesn't mean you're free to accuse innocent guys like us for troubles. We just wanted to get to know the girls up close and personal."

"I think the girls liked it better if guys like you could stay not too close and out of their personal spaces," Rumble frowned.

"Hmph! Typical Spike and his Five Guys," Zephyr began. "Just because you've found some girlfriends, you think you're all better than us that you decide to tell us what to do? Well listen good and get it through your heads! If it weren't for us and all of the green moneys our folks have poured into funding this school, then this school wouldn't even be standing, and we wouldn't be having this co-ed project. IN FACT my high and mighty friends, you wouldn't have found your girlfriends if it wasn't for us so why don't y'all just make a like a tree and get outta here?"

"ZEPHYR BREEZE!" Fluttershy shouted in outrage. "That's not a nice thing to say! Is this how you really behave at school when I'm at another school?!"

Realizing he was caught, Zephyr began to sweat excessively as he stammered, "N-N-Now sis, I was only joking–"

"That doesn't look like a joke to me," Fluttershy scowled. "And it's not a very nice joke either. And I don't like what I just saw, now go to your room mister, or I'll tell mom and dad what you've been doing!"

"But–"

"NOW!"

With a pout, Zephyr slumped away as he left the room, "Yeah Zephyr!" Snips called out to his ringleader. "You heard her! Listen to big sister, Fluttershy!" As an added injury to Zephyr's insult, Snails blew a raspberry.

“Don’t think I excluded you two!” Fluttershy snarled, scaring the wits out of the two boys. “I’m watching you two...”

"There's one for every family," Button Mash commented.

"I'm just glad my brother, Thunderlane ain't like that," Rumble sighed.

"What am I going to do with him?" Fluttershy sighed.

Wanting to get out of the awkward moment, Spike turned to the Rainbooms, "Anyway, forget about him," Spike walked up to the girls and began, "So...got any more songs? We'd like to hear you sing some more," He smiled.

"Oh! Oh!" Snips and Snails hooted eagerly. "We can sing! We can sing too!"


Later, Snips and Snails were both dressed in blue and red hoodies, with baggy pants, and gold medals around their neck, to give themselves the appearance of rappers. Each of them were beatboxing into their microphones.

Snips N Snails Rap

Snails: "Mmmm! Aw, yeah! Snips and Snails indahouse, yo!!"
Snips: "They call me MC Snips and that ain't no lie
My favorite food is like pumpkin pie!"
Snails: "I'm DJ Snazzy Snails, I like whales
When I go to the beach, I always bring my pails!"

"I can't tell if it's more painful to watch than it is to listen to them rap," Tender grumbled.

"I think they sound great!" Pinkie Pie replied, as she danced along with their rap.

Snips: "Everybody knows my favorite color is orange
My rhymes are so fly, they're better than... um..."
Snails: "Than an orange, yo!"
Snips: "Yeah!"
Snails: "Yeah!"
Snips: "Represent!"

With that, the two boys continued beatboxing and freestyling poorly, much to the annoyance of their classmates present.

Snips: "What do we... What do we do now?"

Snails: "Get off the stage, I'd like to leave right now."

With that, Snips and Snails continued their pathetic show a little bit more, until finally, they came to the end.

Snips: "Bam! That just happened!"

Snails: "Aw, yeah! We out!"

Snips: "Snips and Snails outta here!"

With that, the two boys dropped their microphones onto the floor, which emitted a painful microphone feedback, causing everyone in the room to cover their ears.

"My ears are bleeding!" Button Mash groaned.

“Hey guys!” A voice chirped, revealing herself to be Gabby. “What’s going on here?” She asked, as she walked into the room.

Then, as if the moment couldn't get anymore awkward, some hip-hop musics were heard, as Zephyr Breeze burst into the room, wearing a pair of shades, and a white jacket, like Elvis Presley's, and he sang in a low voice, like Johnny Bravo again.

As if to show how more desperate he was, Zephyr proceeded to sing as he does some swagger in an attempt to flirt with Rainbow Dash.

"Zeph, what?!" Rainbow exclaimed, which in bewilderment at the tall, lanky boy’s attempts to charm her.

"This guy for real?" Pipsqueak asked.

"That's it, I'm putting this baka out of his misery," Button Mash insisted.

"Way ahead of you brother!" Rumble said, as he brought out a couple of baseball bats for both him and Button to clobber Zephyr with.

"No, no!" Spike stopped the two boys, reminding them of Fluttershy in the room. "Not here, and not in front of her. He’s still her family, remember?” WIth that, everyone resumed watching as Zephyr continues his pathetic and desperate attempt to woo, Rainbow Dash.

"Ugh, barf!" Rainbow said in disgust.

"Tell it to the swagger end, baby." Zephyr said, spanking his own rear in Rainbow's direction.

"Zephyr, please stop, you're embarrassing yourself more than you're embarrassing me!" Fluttershy frowned.

"Even more than your brainless desire," Applejack added, but Zephyr wasn't listening.

Zephyr didn’t give a darn as he continued with his swagger, and puts his arm around Rainbow Dash’s shoulder near the end.

End of Song

Before Zephyr knew it, he had walked right into a trapdoor that opened up, causing him to fall down a flight of stairs, until at last, he hit the bottom.

"I think I broke a tailbone," Zephyr groaned. "Hey a dollar!"

"Finally," Rumble groaned, as he stepped away from a switch he had pulled. "Shut him down and shut him up."

"Now let's really give Spike and friends a show!" Pinkie Pie insisted, as she taps her drumsticks together, counting them off. "1, 2, 3, 4!"

[The Rainbooms]

We've just got the day to get ready
And there's only so much time to lose
Because tonight, yeah, we're here to party
So let's think of something fun to do

We don't know (we don't know) what's gonna happen
We just know (we just know) it's gonna feel right
All our friends are here
And it's time to ignite the lights!

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight
Shake your tail, shake your tail
Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight
Shake your tail, shake your tail

[Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer]

So what if you didn't get it right the first time

[Pinkie Pie]

Laugh it off, no one said it is a crime

[Rarity]

Do your thing, you know you're an original

[Applejack]

Your ideas are so funny that they're criminal

[The Rainbooms]

Ohhh-ahh!

We've just got the day to get ready
And there's only so much time to lose
Because tonight, yeah, we're here to party
So let's think of something fun to do

We don't know (we don't know) what's gonna happen
We just know (we just know) it's gonna feel right
All our friends are here
And it's time to ignite the lights!

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight
Shake your tail, shake your tail
Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight
Shake your tail, shake your tail
Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight
Shake your tail, shake your tail
Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight
Shake your tail, shake your tail

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight!

End of the Song

At the end of the song, the Rainbooms all struck a pose, as Spike, Gabby, and the Guys all applauded and whistled. At that moment, a few of the girls’ schoolmates and the guys’ classmates came walking into the room to see what the festivity was all about.

“Wow! That was so coool!!” Gabby squealed with excitement.

“Are we awesome? Or are we awesome?” Rainbow asked rhetorically.

“Oh yeah! You’re all awesome!“ Gabby whooped excitedly. “You make me want to get up there and sing with you gals!”

“Then come on up and sing, Sugarcube!” Applejack beckoned to Gabby.

“Really?!”

“Yeah, Gabby!” Spike encouraged the girl, with the guys joining in. “Go on and sing!”

Touched, but also embarrassed, by Spike and his guys’ praise for her, Gabby blushed as she walks up to the stage and was given a microphone to sing into.

Gabby gave the microphone a few taps to check the device, and for warmups.

“Check. Check. One-two, one-two,” Gabby said. “Pink elephants on parade. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.”

After that, Gabby was confident with herself as she held the microphone up to her mouth.

“Okay! I’m warmed up,” She said. “So, what do you want to me to sing?”

“Sing that song you loved from one of your favorite singers,” Spike requested. “Sing Mercy by Brett Young.”

With that, Gabby cleared her throat as she composed herself and sets herself into the mood of the song, to sing her heart out.

Mercy by Brett Young (covered by Jackie Evancho)

In the audience, Snips and Snails could only shed tears, as they find themselves captivated by Gabby’s voice.

Of course, they knew for a fact she’s taken and was strictly off-limit.

“Spike is so unfair to us!” Snips exclaimed in outrage. “All we ever wanted was true love with a girl who’s a bombshell! Is that so much to ask?”

“It’s not fair that he and the Guys got good ones all for themselves!” Snails whines as he and Snips hugged each other and cried.

“Life is so unfair to dudes like you and me!”

With that, the two boys broke down, crying in tears.

Gabby’s musical performance was nearing to the end. By then, more of the students and some of the teachers came into the room to see the show.

End of Song

“Whoa, check it out bros!” Button Mash exclaimed, pointing to the audience, filling up the place. “It’s almost a full house here!”

“Looks we’re not the only ones bewitched by the girls’ singing,” Tender commented.

Back on stage, Gabby bows her head and waved to applauding crowd.

“Wow! Thank you! Thank you all!” Gabby smiled graciously. “But now, I’d like you all to hear from my favorite singer of all!” Gabby then pointed to Spike. “Samuel ‘Spike’ Scorpio. Come on up!”

“Uh, m-m-me?!” Spike yelped in surprise, before he was assaulted with praises of encouragement from his guy friends. “Okay.”

Spike soon came up on stage, where Gabby handed over the microphone to him.

At first, Spike was nervous to be singing in front of a huge audience. He turned to the left to see Gabby smiling at him, then he looked down at the audience to see his guys giving him thumbs up, and finally, he turned around and sees the Rainbooms sending him looks of encouragement.

Little did Spike know, in the crowd, Wallflower Blush was watching him. Sitting behind her was the yandere, Cozy Glow.

Calming himself, Spike took a deep breath to steady his nerves. With that, he began to search his thoughts for a song to sing.

He searched for the song that he deeply loves and knows by heart, until he at last found the song, and sings.

Spike sang beautifully and passionately, as he loses himself to his heartfelt passion, expressing itself for the school bodies to hear. The girls, especially, were all so captivated by his voice as they felt themselves enchanted by his charm.

Though, none had it worse than the obvious selections. The Rainbooms couldn’t help but see two different Spikes on the stage — one being the older, but amnesiac teenager standing before them, and the other being the small, innocent child they had lost so many years ago — yet they both sing together as one and the same.

To the Rainbooms, they can hear how passionate Spike felt for his friends and loved ones, and how much he’s willing to go the distance and be there for them.

To Spike, it felt more as though he had met the Rainbooms for the first time. However, for the Rainbooms and their friends, they were seeing their friend in a brand new light, noting how much he’s grown and matured over the years.

‘Wow, it’s amazing,’ Twilight thought sadly. ‘Is this how it feels to see one of your friends as a different person than they were, years ago? I could hardly recognize Spike anymore, but I know it’s still him. I just wish I didn’t have to feel so distant from him.’

Rainbow couldn’t help but smile in amazement and shake her head in astonishment at Spike.

‘Wow, Spike, little dude,’ Rainbow Dash thought. ‘I never knew you had it in you, years ago. You’re awesome! I just wished I was there to see how you became this awesome though,” She frowned sadly and nostalgia.

While Applejack was playing her bass, along with the girls, to back up Spike’s singing, the country girl sighed, ‘Oh Spike. If only ya knew what ya did to me,’ She tipped her hat to hide her sadness, as she continued to play.

‘Oh Spike,’ Fluttershy felt like crying, as a mother would feel to witness their little ones growing up. ‘I’m afraid this is what some people would call the empty nest. You were the sweetest little boy I ever knew, but you...you left us...so soon. Why did you have to go? It’s not fair!’ She cried mentally.

‘Wow, Spike!’ Pinkie Pie cheered. ‘You rock!’

Rarity looked at Spike, seeing how passionate he was with singing the song, and seeing how much he was being himself on stage. To Rarity, he looked happy, confident, so sure of himself. But most of all, he so content and free of being himself.

‘Goodness, I’ve never felt so strongly about this way to you before, Spikey-Wikey,’ Rarity thought. ‘I never knew you could be so...enchanting,’ She looked to her left and frowned sadly, at how star struck Gabby was with Spike’s singing. ‘I think I see now what Gabby saw in you. And I... I wished I had seen that sooner...”

Sunset Shimmer looked both proud, but also sad, at Spike’s singing. As she listened to Spike’s singing, somewhere in his voice, she could sworn she could hear a little child’s voice singing with the older Spike.

The little child sounded both sad, frightened, but determined. The young Spike who sounded unsure of himself and his worth to anyone, but was willing to go above and beyond to prove himself.

‘Spike,’ Sunset Shimmer looked down to the floor and silently weeps, ‘I... I’m sorry, for everything. It’s all my fault. I just hope that someday, I’ll set things right, so you can forgive me.’

Sharing the fiery girl’s sorrow is Starlight, who felt rather conflicted, ‘Even though I’ve reconciled with a friend of mine, here at Phoenix Academy, it’s...it’s only half-full without you.’

In her seat, Wallflower Blush was fiddling with one of her hair locks, as the pipes broke and her eyes were overflowing with tears.

‘You’ve always been my hero, Samuel,’ Wallflower sobbed. ‘You saved me once. I hope you can save me again.’

Nevertheless, there were some positive emotions in the air, namely from Gabby and a few others.

‘Well, I’ll be damned, Spike,’ Gilda smirked with respect.

‘Wow! He’s so good!’ Gabby grinned with starry eyes.

‘He’s cute!’ Trixie smiled lovingly. ‘Where’ve you been all my life?!’

And unfortunately, the love also extended to the creepy level of romance. Namely to the yandere, Cozy Glow.

‘Oh Spike, you’re an absolute dream!’ Cozy Glow thought sinisterly. ‘And the only way to make you my dream come true is to get rid of all these other girls who are unworthy of your affections. Then, it will be just you and me, forever and ever!’

End of Song

Once the song was over, Spike was met with a huge round of applause.

“Yeah! Way to go, Spike!” Rumble called, as he and his fellow Guys all stood up and applauded for their bro.

“That’s our bro!” Button Mash whooped.

“Oh! You are amazing, Spike!” Gabby shouted excitedly, as she ran over to tackle the boy.

“Thanks Gabby!” Spike smiled, as he returns the embrace.

Without warning, the rest of the Rainbooms and Starlight gathered around and gave Spike and Gabby, one big group hug.

“YEAH!” Bulk Biceps shouted loudly from the crowd.

“Yo, Spike!!” Rumble shouted. “Stage dive!”

Squirming to wiggle himself free from the girls, Spike leapt off the stage and into the arms of his Guys, who proceeded to pile on him.

“PILE ON!!” Rumble said, as they all playfully rough house with their green-haired friend.

“C’mon, guys! Cut it out!” Spike said to his guys.

The girls could only watch the roughhouse with a mixture of confusion and amusement.

“Should we help him?” Fluttershy asked.

“Nah, let’s just let those guys be guys,” Rainbow Dash shrugged.

Watching among the sea of audience were the Dazzlings, and Adagio Dazzle has just begun scheming.


It was about the hours of dusk, when the musical festivities were done.

Spike was walking down a hall by his lonesome. After another trip to the doctor’s office, for his medications, he was on his way back to his dorm room, when his ears perked up to the familiar haunting and hypnotic vocalizations.

He turned around to see himself approached by the Dazzlings. The three sisters were vocalizing in sync as they sashayed their hips, surrounding the boy in three different directions.

"Hello sweetie," Adagio flirted, stroking her finger under Spike's chin, sending shivers down his body. "That was a dazzlingperformance you did back there.”

"Oh, well thanks, I’m glad you liked it," Spike replied, nervous and intimidated by their presence.

"I like that rap song that two of your friends did," Sonata smiled, much to Aria's annoyance.

"Only you would like such pathetic performance, Sonata," Aria grumbled, to which Sonata responded by sticking her tongue out.

“So...you three ladies been listening in on everything that’s been going on since... the beginning?" Spike asked.

"Listening, watching, we all saw how you and your 'Guys' were enjoying the Rainbooms," Aria clarified.

"And we were hoping that you still find our performances...enthralling," Adagio said in a low sultry tone.

"Oh, but of course," Spike said nervously, blushing up a storm, struggling to process the situation he was in. "You're still very, very enthralling. You've all got the pipes and the looks for it."

"Aw, thank you, sweetie,” Adagio cooed, before her expression shifted to a mischievous glare. “Then, I suppose you wouldn't object to another of our performance...in private, perhaps?" Adagio grinned, to which Spike gulped, intimidated by her sultry stare.

With that, the Dazzlings all started to sing, once again captivating Spike with their haunting voices.

Under Our Spell

[The Dazzlings]

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
You didn't know that you fell
Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

[Adagio Dazzle]

Now that you're under our spell

Blindsided by the beat
Clapping your hands, stomping your feet
You didn't know that you fell

[Sonata Dusk and Aria Blaze]

Oh-whoa-oh-oh-oh

[Adagio Dazzle]

Now you've fallen under our spell

[Sonata Dusk and Aria Blaze]

Oh-whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh

[The Dazzlings]

We've got the music, makes you move it
Got the song that makes you lose it
We say "jump", you say "how high?"
Put your hands up to the sky

We've got the music, makes you move it
Got the song that makes you lose it
We say "jump", you say "how high?"
Put your hands up to the sky

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
You didn't know that you fell
Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Now that you're under our spell

[Adagio Dazzle]

Listen to the sound of my voice

[Sonata Dusk and Aria Blaze]

Oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh

[Adagio Dazzle]

Soon you'll find you don't have a choice

[Sonata Dusk and Aria Blaze]

Oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh

[Adagio Dazzle]

Captured in the web of my song

[Sonata Dusk and Aria Blaze]

Oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh

[Adagio Dazzle]

Soon you'll all be singing along

[Sonata Dusk and Aria Blaze]

Oh, whoa, oh

[The Dazzlings]

We've got the music, makes you move it
Got the song that makes you lose it
We say "jump", you say "how high?"
Put your hands up to the sky

We've got the music, makes you move it
Got the song that makes you lose it
We say "jump", you say "how high?"
Put your hands up to the sky

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
You didn't know that you fell
Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Now that you're under our spell

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
You didn't know that you fell
Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Now that you're under our

[Adagio Dazzle]

Spell

At the end of the song, Adagio chuckled with her sisters joining, as they looked at the awestruck look on Spike’s face. His eyes were widened in surprise and his mouth was hanging open, and he continued to remain standing.

“So, do you like our performance, sweetie?” Adagio asked, with a sultry grin.

“Huh? Oh yeah,” Spike nodded, snapping back to reality. “As always, nice sets of pipes! You were all...mesmerizing. You were awesome!”

“Thank you!” Sonata squealed happily, wrapping her arms around Spike in a loving hug.

“Whoa, easy there, Sonata,” Aria scolded the young singer. “Don’t want to crush his bones like you did with the other guy.”

“You’re just jealous because you’ve never been hugged by a guy before,” Sonata huffed. “And because a lot of guys were all afraid of you.”

“Are not!”

“Are too!”

“Are not!”

“Are too!”

“Girls!” Adagio shouted, getting her sisters back in line. “Not in front of our VIP!”

“Sorry,” The two apologized.

“Hey, uh, I like your singing and dancing, and everything,” Spike began. “But it’s getting late, so I think we should head back to our rooms now.”

The Dazzlings turned their heads to each other, exchanging agreements, before they turned back to Spike.

“You’re right, sweetheart,” Adagio smirked as she sashayed over to Spike, with her sisters circling around the boy, on both his left and right.

“We do need our beauty rest, after all. But know this,” Adagio cupped her hand under Spike’s chin and brought his face up to look directly into her beautiful raspberry colored eyes. “This is far from over.”

With that, she ended their meeting with a kiss to his nose, with Aria Blaze delivering a peck on the right, and Sonata from the left.

“Goodnight,” Adagio winked, as she and her sisters left. “Sweet dreams.”

“About us!” Sonata giggled.

“But mostly me,” Aria teased, to which Sonata blew a raspberry in response.

Spike was left dumbfounded at the kisses he had received from the three girls. After a moment to regain his senses, he hastily ran back to his dorm room.

‘Oh boy, Spike,’ He thought to himself. ‘What have you gotten yourself into this time?’