• Published 10th Oct 2019
  • 2,286 Views, 33 Comments

Cozy's Dilemma - dicerollball



A redemption story for Cozy Glow after the events that take place in "A Test For Cozy" where the CMC and the young six help her through her dilemma of conquest and evil

  • ...
3
 33
 2,286

Chapter 2: A Lie or a Truth

“I can explain!”

“Let me speak, Cozy!” Twilight hated being firm with her students in such a way but what she just witnessed had been surprising to say the least. One of her most exceptional students had been found fighting her friends and destroying school property! The headmare was fairly shocked disappointed by this news. It wasn't long before she took Cozy Glow straight to her office. Starlight and Spike both stood off to the side as Twilight began her scolding.
“I can’t believe this. Fighting with your friends? Especially after going through a test from the Tree of Harmony itself?? Cozy, you’re better than this! Whatever you three had a disagreement about, it couldn’t have been worth the damage you just caused!”

Cozy Glow averted her gaze and looked downtrodden at the ground beneath her hooves, “I’m really sorry headmare Twilight...”

“I’m not the one you should be apologizing to.” Twilight made her way back to her desk while sternly glaring at her student, “If somepony hadn’t hurt Ocellus and Smolder they would both be here to hear your explanation for why you felt it was right to do what you just did. Instead they’re being treated at the school’s clinic so I’m afraid that’s all going to have to wait. But that apology is mandatory, Cozy. I should have you suspended for this but first I want to know why. Why did you hurt them?”

Fear threatened to take over but Cozy soon buried those feelings deep inside her. Her mind began to reel as she tried to figure out how she could turn the tables in her favor and keep herself out of trouble. How could she be the innocent one in all this?
“Well...” Cozy fiddled her hooves together as she tried to spin up a tale that began to take shape. She had to hold back from smirking as her mind was set on a devious plan for herself to take.
“I had to. They were trying to hurt me, Professor! I was just trying to keep them off me. I don’t know what’s gotten into them, the moment we were alone they started harassing me and trying to grab me! Ocellus slammed into a shelf while chasing me and Smolder tried to burn me! I’m so sorry Headmare Twilight but I only did what I thought I had to when another creature started attacking me...”

Twilight’s eyes seemed to widen at this. Unsure how to respond she gave Starlight a concerned glance.

“What? Smolder wouldn’t just attack another creature!” Spike countered, “She’s nothing like that!”

“Can you tell us exactly what they were harassing you about?” Starlight inquired as she turned to the filly.

Cozy hesitated and lowered her head. Her mind whirled as she tried to come up with something. What could those two harass her over? What would make sense?
Then it hit her. The most obvious solution of all stared right at her during her own test, “They... they harassed me because of my fear...”

“Your fear?” Twilight leaned over the desk.

“That’s what our test was about. It was about our fears and trying to overcome them. M-Mine wasn’t good. I feared... them.” Her ears lowered, “I feared my friends and I feared other creatures. Smolder and Ocellus didn’t like that so we got into an argument and no matter how much I tried to reason with them they attacked me! I don’t know what for but I was so scared... I didn’t want to get hurt...” She sniffed and looked up with wide eyes full of sorrow and fear.

A silence flitted through the room as the other three stared at one another in confused surprised.

Twilight sat up at this and considered the filly’s words, “Cozy Glow, this is a very serious claim. We will all be looking into this and if we find you’re lying about any of it I’m afraid that suspension might not be enough for you. However, if you’re telling the truth, then we will handle this problem as best as possible. I have my doubts Smolder and Ocellus would do such a thing but I’m going to have to hear all sides of the story and see some proof before I can be completely certain on who did what. For now the three of you all have detention and are to stay in your rooms until this mess has been sorted.”

The little filly gave a small nod, "Okay headmare Twilight... I understand..." However as she lowered her head a small smile quirked up at the corners of her lips.
She was interested to see how this would go~


Smolder let out a groan as a claw went up to her head, "What happened..?"

"You got knocked out by a hanging light." Gallus commented, "Seriously Smolder I thought you had tougher skin than that-"

She sat up at that, "Hey! I oughta- ow..." Smolder paused and rubbed the back of her head, "Are you sure it was a hanging light..?"

"Oh no, it wasn't just the light." A soft voice appeared to Smolder's right, "You landed on some hard books. It's not too serious but it'll ache for a bit."

Smolder blinked and finally looked around. She found herself in the school's clinic. A small room with white and light purple walls. She sat on a cot of some sort that was, honestly, pretty comfortable. Besides her was one of the teachers, Fluttershy, and her other four friends. Gallus, Silverstream, Sandbar, and Yona. She spotted Ocellus on a similar white cot nearby. She looked tired but awake, at least.
"Ocellus! Are you doing alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." The changeling smiled to her friend, "My head hurts but it's not that bad. And the bookshelf didn't squish me that much."

"Ugh..! That Cozy Glow!" The dragon puffed out a small flame through her nostrils, "I can't believe she'd do that to us!"

"Why would little pony hurt friends?" Yona asked.

Smolder angrily flapped her wings, "Because she's working with Lord Tirek, that's why!"

Fluttershy and the rest of the group gasped at this, "What?!"

"Smolder..." Ocellus gave her friend a concerned look.

"I might've promised to keep it to myself for now but Cozy broke our trust, Ocellus! Everyone deserves to know why she did what she did!" The angered dragon crossed her arms in annoyance.

"She's working for Lord Tirek..?" Fluttershy whimpered, "That's very hard to believe..! She doesn't seem like the type to go to Tirek for anything."

"And how can she? Tirek is locked all the way up in Tartarus!" Sandbar added.

"She's written letters to him! We can prove it!" Smolder insisted.

Her changeling friend meanwhile looked unsure. "We can..?"

"Yeah! She must have some of his letters in her room! We gotta check."

Fluttershy raised a wing, "Now hold on. We need to talk to Twilight about all this first. Maybe she's almost done talking with Cozy Glow by now..."

Smolder seemed to stiffen at this, "You let Twilight talk to Cozy Glow first?!"

The pegasus yelped and inched back, "W-Well..."

The dragon disregarded her annoying headache and got up, "We have to talk to the headmare about this. It's really important!"

"I'm with you there." Sandbar soon got up from his seat.

"We believe you Smolder." Silverstream assured, "Twilight needs to know, now!"

Gallus gave a firm nod, "Yeah. We can't waste another second!"

"Alright then lets go!" Smolder urged before dashing through the door along with three of her other friends.

"W-Wait..!" Fluttershy called after the retreating group. Only Ocellus and Yona had stayed behind. The three looked at one another with concern before the yellow pegasus muttered out a quiet, "Oh dear..."

Author's Note:

Manipulative little filly...

Time to spread the news! Cozy's an evil little child! Will Twilight and the others believe it though..?