• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 21,232 Views, 1,681 Comments

Inner Demons - Azure Sandora



On her 21st birthday, Twilight reads a prophesy that starts a downward spiral into her own darkness.

  • ...
129
 1,681
 21,232

Chapter 19

This chapter is brought to you by Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial) by Coheed and Cambria. I do not own any music played in this story. Enjoy.


Chapter 19: Reunited

So... after realizing that everyone in Canterlot was against her, Applejack did the only natural thing. She ran for it.

As she ran, she was fully aware of the number of towns ponies chasing her. She couldn't fight any of them with a clear conscious though, as they weren't soldiers. Everytime she turned a corner though, she saw another towns pony appear in her way. This was getting a little bothersome, and a little scary.

In the end, she found herself in front of the fountain in the middle of Canterlot, surrounded by what she realized were Twilight's soldiers. They looked just like the soldiers from Canterlot that used to guard Celestia, only they were wearing different armor, more gothic.

Applejack looked to her left, then to her right, then looked down tipping her hat a bit...

Hiding her smirk...

"Alright," Applejack said looking up at the soldiers, "Ya'll got me. Ah surrender."

The soldiers looked at each other, confused, "Just like that?" one soldier asked.

"Ya'll made yerselves pretty clear of mah place here. Ah can't beat an army of soldiers, especially if they're directly from Twilight's army."

"Well then," another soldier said trotting over to her, "Come with us, Element of Honesty."

Applejack let the soldiers guide her into the castle. She didn't lie to them, she really did surrender, and she was outmatched.

She just didn't tell anypony why she surrendered, cause she DAMN sure didn't do it out of hopelessness.


"I don't get it!" one of the three guards torturing her shouted as he lied down to rest, "That armor can't have made that much of a difference!"

"She's going to crack at some point," another guard said, "She's still a beautician after all."

"I hope you brutes realize that I can still hear you," Rarity said forcing herself to get up, "Honestly, don't talk about me like I'm not in the room. That's just plain rude!"

"Well, excuse us," the third guard said, "We didn't realize that you wanted more."

"Actually, I don't!" Rarity snapped, "But seeing as how there's nothing I can do about my... current... predicament," she said raising a hoof as high as the chains binding her to the floor would allow, "the least you could do is actually torture me the proper way. Honestly, you ingrates not only "tried" to torture me, but a few of you actually "attempted" to rape me! By now I expect to be on my last legs. You know what I mean, right?" Rarity then lied down on the floor and pretended to cry, "Oh! Please stop! No more! I'll do anything, just please, don't HURT ME AGAIN!" she screamed dramatically before standing up, "Something like that."

The guards grumbled in agony hearing Rarity's mouth... again. You see, Twilight left them with the orders to make life as hard for Rarity as possible. Since she was in chains that held her to the floor most of the time, that meant she couldn't defend herself, which meant they could pretty much do whatever they wanted to her. Most of the time they just electrocuted her with their magic, but every now and again one of the guard would come into her cell and rape her. What they didn't' know, was that she was tough, so all they managed to do was piss her off. She wasn't scared in the slightest anymore, she was just angry.

But Rarity was generous, so as the Element of Generosity, she felt a need to spread her misery around.

"You're really getting on my nerve, you know that, bitch?" the guard in front of her retorted.

"Oh, is that all?" Rarity said looking away, "Clearly that means I'm not doing my job."

"Fuck you!" the guard shouted, making Rarity snort arrogantly.

"Trust me, you're performance last night wasn't even that," Rarity said now smirking evilly, "You should take lessons from Cloud Runner over there. He knows how to treat a mare of my standards."

At that moment, one of the guards shot an electric blast at Rarity, causing her to scream out in pain and fall over.

"CELESTIA, that mare is getting on my nerves!" he said as the other guard tied a scarf around Rarity's mouth, "Good, that way we won't have to hear her mouth anymore."

They began moving the chains so they could move her back into her cell. Her feet were still chained together, but they weren't stuck to any surface. That was bad... for them...

The second her feet were free, Rarity got on her front legs and bucked one of the guards hard in the face. The other two jumped on top of her and began wrestling her to the ground, but she fought and kicked and made the whole thing absolutely miserable for them.

"Dumb broad," the guard she kicked said, "How does anypony have this much fight left in them?"


After a few minutes, Rarity was thrown into her cell, and rechained to the floor, forced to face the back wall.

"I don't know who has it rougher," her guard said to himself, "Her being the prisoner, or us being the ones guarding her."

When she was as sure as she could that he wasn't there watching her anymore, she let her tears flow out freely. She would never let them see her cry, but alone, she could emote as much as she needed. How could Twilight do this to her? They were friends, right?

No, not anymore. The pony that would tell her guards to do this, that pony was NOT her friend.

Twilight... what happened to you?


The inside of the castle hadn't changed too much, but some of the decore had gotten a bit of a darker look. Applejack had to admit, it did look nice, as long as she overlooked where the darker look came from.

"Twilight sure knows how ta decorate a place," Applejack said looking around, "Maybe Ah should have her take a look at mah house."

"If Her Highness has her way, you won't live to see the end of her reign," the guard said harshly. Applejack shrugged and continued her trip through the castle. The guards took her to the dungeon, something that Applejack had never seen. It was really dark in there, but there weren't a lot of prisoners. Well, not inside the dungeon at least. Twilight had all of Canterlot prisoner. Canterlot just didn't know it.

As she trotted with the guard next to her, one of the prisoners caught her attention. A white pony wearing fancy sapphire blue and white armor, and fishnet stockings on her back legs was chained to the ground with her flank facing the front of the cell. It wasn't until Applejack noticed the purple tail and the three diamond Cutie Mark did she realize who it was.

Rarity...

"You can share the cell with your friend," the guard said, "Not like there's anyway you can get her out of here."

"Ah ain't gonna try ta escape," Applejack said dismissively. The guard opened the cell, and Applejack calmly walked in turning her nose in the air. As she walked in, she looked at her cellmate, confirming it was Rarity. Poor thing had a white scarf over her mouth, all four of her legs were chained to the floor. She looked up at Applejack with a shocked expression. Applejack winked at Rarity, assuring her that it was okay.

The cell door closed, and the guards walked out. Not too smart, Applejack thought, putting them in the same cell. Sure, normally there wouldn't be anything they could do, but they clearly underestimated Applejack's resourcefulness.

When the guards were definitely gone, Applejack immediately galloped over to Rarity and took that scarf off of Rarity.

"I have never been so happy to see you in my life," Rarity said.

"Ah bet," Applejack said, revealing the tiny nail she had under her tongue the entire time. She then began picking the locks on Rarity's shackles, "What in tarnation are ya wearin?" Applejack asked through gritted teeth as she guided the lock pick.

"I don't really know," Rarity said, "All I remember is the Element of Generosity glowing after I let Apple Bloom and Spike escape, and next thing I know, I'm wearing this armor."

"Apple Bloom is with Spike?" Applejack asked as she freed one of Rarity's forelegs.

"Yes, Twilight used this weird spell to rapidly age our sisters," Rarity said looking down, "I hated leaving them, and I knew that I would be killing my chances of escaping, but I had no choice. Besides, Apple Bloom's adult body should be enough to defend her."

"Ah think Ah saw her," Applejack said after freeing Rarity's other foreleg, "She's wearin a red an' white dress, right?"

"That's right. Was she okay?" Rarity asked urgently.

"She saved may life," Applejack said, "She must have learned some serious sword skills while here, cause she held off an army of Scootaloo's soldiers."

"Apple Bloom fought?" Rarity asked, then went back to something else Applejack said, "You said Scootaloo?"

"Yeah," Applejack freed one of Rarity's back legs and went to the last one, "Somehow she convinced Scootaloo ta join her. Ah wusn't sure it wus her at first, but when Ah saw Apple Bloom Ah became a little more sure. Ya jus' confirmed all of mah suspicions."

"Twilight, what are you doing?" Rarity asked, flexing her legs once she was completely free, "Take a break, Applejack, I'll hold the pick."

Applejack let go of the pick and Rarity caught it with her magic, "Where did ya send Apple Bloom and Spike?"

"They're supposed to be heading to Fillydelphia to get Princess Cadence and Shining Armor," Rarity said, "Hopefully Twilight's love for her brother is still intact, and with Cadence's magic we can possibly heal Twilight."

"Assumin there's anything ta heal," Applejack said looking down seriously.

"Applejack, deep down I know our Twilight is still-"

"You didn't see what Ah saw," Applejack retaliated, "That ain't Twilight bein possessed or guided by sum evil entity. That. Is. Twilight," Applejack said, "Ah don't wanna admit it, but our Twilight is tryin ta kill us an' take over all of Equestria."

"Applejack, I... know," Rarity said looking away, "I saw the look in her eyes, and I remember that she said she was going to turn on us, but I know that before this she was our friend. We need to exhaust all of our options before we-"

"Twilight asked us ta restrain her because she knew that this wus gonna happen, an' that we'd have no choice but ta stop her by any means necessary," Applejack retorted, "Ah'm doin whut the old Twilight would want us ta do."

"Are you sure that's the only reason?" Rarity said looking at Applejack closely, "Applejack, if there's something you're not saying-"

"Ah'm fine," Applejack said turning to her lock pick and going to the cell door, "Right now we need ta focus on gettin outta here."

"Applejack," Rarity said taunting her a bit, "Based off of what you told the guard, that means you lied to him. You know, when you said you weren't going to escape."

"Ah said Ah wasn't gonna try ta escape," Applejack said as she opened the cell door, "We're gonna bust outta here, right now."

With that said, Applejack pushed the cell door open, and she and Rarity began making their way out of the dungeon. When they got to the main hallway, they saw guards on patrol. There was no way they could get by there without being seen.

"Alright, Rarity, stay behind me, Ah'll-"

Rarity stepped forward and began stomping her foreleg leaning forward, as if about to charge.

"I've been meaning to pay these bastards back for a while!" Rarity said, shocking Applejack a bit. She knew Rarity was tough, but this was just... wow...

"Are ya sure?" Applejack asked.

"You stand behind me," Rarity said, "I'll clear a way."

Rarity got on her hind legs and kicked the air giving a loud and angry whinny before charging forward, leading with her horn. A second later, the armor she was wearing began to glow, and diamonds came out of the ground and began rushing with her. Since when could Rarity do that?

Why was she still a prisoner again?

Applejack shook it off and galloped after her friend, fighting the stragglers that Rarity missed. Together they were able to make quick work of any of the guards that were in their way.

They eventually made it to the throne room, where another wave of guards met them. Applejack rushed forward and began knocking them down, while Rarity shot diamond like blasts out of her horn. It was then that Applejack noticed that those weren't diamonds. They were icicles. Rarity was using ice magic.

But she shouldn't be able to use magic like that? What happened to her.

After a minute of fighting, the guards parted ways, as if making room for somepony. Rarity and Applejack looked up and saw a sight that left them torn between feeling happy that help was coming, or scared that they were screwed.

They saw Princess Luna...

"Must... protect... castle..." Luna said, as if possessed.

"P-Princess Luna?" Applejack asked.

"It's not safe!" Rarity stated, "She's under Twilight's weird spell! I tried to wake her up a few times, but I think Twilight is the only pony who can release her!"

"Damn it!" Applejack shouted, silently feeling that this just proved that Twilight needed to die.

"STAR SHOWER!" Luna shouted, flying up and sending a barrage of stars down onto Rarity and Applejack. They rolled out of the way, but when they looked up, Luna landed in front of them and began kicking them and swinging her horn as if it were a sword.

Rarity fired an ice beam at the possessed Luna, but she created a shield to defend herself, and then fired a black and red beam at Rarity, knocking her back. She then buck kicked Applejack into a wall. Luna was about to charge at Applejack, but Rarity rushed over to Luna and used her horn to hold Luna back.

"Applejack... go! I'll... hold her off!" Rarity cried out through gritted teeth.

"Ah ain't leavin without ya!" Applejack said forcing herself up, "Don't think ya can play that sacrificial shit with me!"

"Must... protect... castle!" Luna cried out, sending a wave out and pushing Applejack and Rarity back. This was bad. Luna was an alicorn, so their chances weren't all that great. Now she was possessed by Twilight's magic, meaning she might be even stronger now.

Right when all hope seemed lost, the nearby window shattered, and Applejack saw three more ponies she was happy to see.

Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash rushed over to Luna and then tackled her, turning into a bolt of lightning. While that was going on, Pinkie Pie was dancing around hitting the guards around her (it looked like she was playing), while Fluttershy was elegantly kicking guards away from her and Pinkie Pie as well.

What struck Applejack as odd was that all three of them were wearing armor as well. It looked different for all of them, but they all had the symbols of their elements. Applejack took another look at Rarity and saw her armor also had the symbol of her element on it. Did this have something to do with the Twilight?

"AJ!" Rainbow Dash shouted running over to her and helping her up, "Sorry we're late."

"Better late than never," Applejack said getting up, "Please tell me ya'll got an exit strategy!"

"Duh! Only an idiot rushes in without an exit planned!" Rainbow Dash stated arrogantly, silently shaming Applejack, who didn't really have an exit plan, "Fluttershy, clear a way!"

Fluttershy nodded and flew over to the main hallway leading out. She then held her hooves forward and it looked like a gust of wind pushed all of the guards in their way back. Did she just use magic?

Pinkie Pie galloped forward and jumped up in the air, flipped in the air, and then split into two Pinkie Pies The two Pinkie Pies rushed the guards and began pushing them further back. While that was going on, Luna was fighting both Rarity and Rainbow Dash at the same time. Rainbow Dash kicked Luna into a wall with lightning speed, and Rarity used that as her chance to fire ice in her way preventing Luna from getting up.

"That's won't hold her for long!" Rarity called out, "We need to get moving!"

"Let's go then!" Rainbow Dash shouted. Applejack nodded and followed her armored friends out of the castle. Once outside they saw a chariot waiting for them. They didn't waste anytime. Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie jumped in and Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy hooked themselves to the front, and they took to the skies, leaving Canterlot behind.

After a few seconds, the relief hit them, and Applejack broke out into happy laughter embracing Pinkie Pie and Rarity.

"Ya'll came jus in time!" Applejack stated.

"Glad we didn't miss the party!" Pinkie Pie said happily.

"Seriously though, that was close," Rainbow Dash stated.

"Rarity, are you okay in there?" Fluttershy asked (Applejack could have sworn she sounded a little louder than usual).

"I'm fine now, darling," Rarity said with a sigh of relief, "But I must say, you all cut it really close."

"So, somepony gonna tell me why ya'll are wearin armor?" Applejack asked.

"Apparently when they're needed the most," Rainbow Dash explained, "The Elements of Harmony are supposed to evolve, but that only happens when we demonstrate the true meaning of our elements."

"So... that means..." Applejack said prompting somepony to continue.

"Okay, like Fluttershy had to apparently get laid," Rainbow Dash said, making Fluttershy gasp.

"DASH!" Fluttershy screamed, her face now comparable to a cherry.

"Come again?" Applejack asked.

"W-well," Fluttershy stuttered, "I think it's more like I did something to be kind to... myself... for a change."

"Yeah, she and your brother got it on apparently," Rainbow Dash taunted, now making Applejack feel flushed.

"F-Fluttershy and Macintosh?!" she exclaimed.

"I must say, I'm impressed," Rarity said clapping her hooves, "You actually made a move?"

"Can we please change the subject? Please?" Fluttershy begged.

"So, what did you do?" Applejack asked Pinkie Pie.

"I dunno," she said with a shrug, "I just remember Dashie kissed me, and then I got really happy. Happier than I ever felt."

"Rainbow Dash... kissed..." Applejack asked.

"Pinkie Pie?" Rarity finished. They heard somepony holding in laughter, and it sounded like Fluttershy.

"Shut up..." Rainbow Dash said to her fellow pegasus, "At least I didn't have to have sex to get my armor."

Fluttershy grumbled, looking away. This new, more open Fluttershy was going to take some getting used to. Geez, Applejack though. Was sex with her brother that good?

"So if that's true," Rarity said to herself, "Mine must have appeared when I sacrificed myself for Apple Bloom and Spike. The ultimate form of generosity is to give your life for somepony else." Rarity reasoned.

"So, what did you have ta do?" Applejack asked turning to Rainbow Dash, "Yer the most loyal pony Ah know."

"Yeah, well, I had to... um..." Rainbow Dash said before sighing, "Look, I still don't want to kill Twilight, but that's no reason to abandon my friends. I'm going to stand by you no matter what. Does that answer your question?" Rainbow Dash asked seriously.

Applejack nodded, "Yeah, Ah understand. We'll decide whut ta do once we get ta Twilight."

"Speaking of which," Rarity said, "I overheard them talking about taking over Fillydelphia."

"That's where Apple Bloom, Spike, and Lezard went!" Fluttershy cried out.

"Who?" Rarity asked.

"He's the pony who told us about the Elements evolving," Rainbow Dash said, "Speaking of which, Applejack, why hasn't yours evolved yet?" she asked, "You're the most honest pony I know. I would have expected you to be the first one to evolve."

"That is strange..." Applejack said now looking at the necklace around her neck. Would they need all five of them to stop Twilight? She needed to figure out why hers was still in it's basic state, and fast.

The fight against Twilight was right around the corner.