• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 21,294 Views, 1,681 Comments

Inner Demons - Azure Sandora



On her 21st birthday, Twilight reads a prophesy that starts a downward spiral into her own darkness.

  • ...
129
 1,681
 21,294

Chapter 15

Note: This chapter actually begins around the same time that Rainbow Dash is tailing Scootaloo.

Also, since Fluttershy's house is further away from Ponyville, she wouldn't immediately know if something is wrong in town. In fact, I'm assuming she would be the last one to find out.


Chapter 15: Save Me From Myself...

"Fluttershy, it's me," Big Macintosh called out from outside her place, "Ah wanted to check on ya. Could ya open up?" a few seconds later, the door opened, but Angel was the one who opened the door. That couldn't be a good sign.

"Ahh, Angel," Macintosh said, "Is Fluttershy around?" Angel nodded, but he didn't look happy, "She's okay, right?"

Angel shook his head and lead Macintosh inside. The whole place didn't look as well kept, meaning Fluttershy had opted to not clean today. When he got to her room, he saw her sitting up on her bed, but her back was turned to the door.

"Who is it?" Fluttershy asked softly. Angel hopped over to Fluttershy and whispered something in her ear. What happened next though Macintosh wasn't ready for. She stiffened, and then began to moan in pain, "Leave..."

"Fluttershy, Ah can't do that this time. Not till ya tell me what's wrong," Macintosh said, "Ah can't stand seein ya suffer like this. Ya know ya can talk to me."

"Leave... please!" Fluttershy cried, her voice beginning to raise. She was getting upset, which Macintosh sort of expected would happen, but he didn't plan on leaving this time until he got some answers. Not just for himself, but for Equestria too.

"Ever since that day in the barn you've been acting like somethin's botherin you, and whatever it is it's serious. First ya run off, then ya tryin ta kill yerself, an now this? Even yer animal friends 're worried about ya."

"I can't talk to you about it," Fluttershy said, confusing Macintosh even more.

"Why not? Are ya embarrassed for actin out? Ah ain't upset at ya fer-"

"I can't tell you because you're a part of the problem!" she gasped when she said that, as if she didn't mean to say all of that. Macintosh was shocked, but truth was, he was beginning to understand what was wrong. He just needed to get her to say it.

"Fluttershy-"

"GO AWAY!" she shouted rushing to him and trying to push him out of her room, "Leave me alone! I'm not facing it again!"

Eventually he relented and stepped outside of her room, and she immediately closed the door and locked it. From outside he could hear her crying through the door, which only made him even more sure of what he was doing.

"Ah'm sorry Fluttershy, but this time Ah ain't leavin. Ah ain't lettin ya fall further into yerself. Ah'll be right here when yer ready ta talk," Macintosh said getting comfortable. He knew it was a mistake leaving her the last time. If he was the problem, then he was about to become the solution.

He'd save her, even if he had to save her from herself.


Lezard was a genius! He knew that Twilight's men were going to be heading to Ponyville, so stowing away inside their carriages was a smart idea. The one thing they didn't expect was when they stopped.

Apple Bloom had been listening the whole time, so she heard Applejack. At first she was just happy to see that she was alive, but now she was in danger. She and Lezard had a bit of a small argument on whether or not they should save her or continue the journey to Ponyville.

In the end, Apple Bloom won out.

"Are you absolutely sure about this?" Lezard asked as the two ponies and baby dragon hid in a carriage, "You do realize the longer we take here the closer Twilight is to Fillydelphia."

"Ah know that!" Apple Bloom whispered, "But that's mah sistur over there. Ah ain't leavin her. Ah already had ta abandon Rarity."

Spike looked down hearing her name. Apparently he was still upset about that.

"Well then, Spike and I will create a diversion. Once the guards have left, you need to go over there and untie your sister," Lezard said turning to Spike, "Is that alright with you?"

"Yeah, definitely," Spike said perking up. Lezard and Spike walked off, and Apple Bloom began making her way around to where Applejack was. It was a sight Apple Bloom never thought she'd see. Applejack was always the epitome of strength. Right now though, she looked utterly helpless. She was still tied up in the same manner, but now the rope binding her hindlegs was wrapped to a tree, preventing her from escaping. Every now and again she would struggle to get free again, but Apple Bloom knew it was pointless.

"Fightin till the bitter end, huh sis?" Apple Bloom said to herself. She noticed two of the guards approaching her, and one of them was charging up those black eye beams.

"The Queen ordered us to take her to Canterlot!" The guard not charging up said.

"But she is the Element of Honesty. If we let her live, she may escape and attack the queen. We should kill her now before she has the chance."

Apple Bloom heard Applejack scream a bit. Shoot, this was getting bad. Hurry guys, Apple Bloom thought.

Just before he could fire at Applejack, lightning bolts came down on top of the camp site, disrupting the guards. At the same time, a green fire was seen burning the guards from another end of the camp. Applejack looked shocked, but the guards near her weren't moving.

"Looks like she has friends!" the guard charging up said, "I'm doing this before they get the chance!"

No... No! "NO!" Apple Bloom shouted running over to them and tackling the guard away from Applejack. The other guard pulled out a sword with his mouth and began making his way to Apple Bloom.

Apple Bloom saw that the guard she tackled dropped his sword. Could she use it? Only one way to find out. She rolled over to the sword and picked it up with her mouth. Instantly, knowledge of how to use a sword came to her as if instinct. She then turned to the guard and a sword fight ensued. She had no idea how she knew what to do, but she didn't care. Her sister needed her.


"Applejack!" she heard Spike call out, taking her attention from the mysterious pony fighting the black soldier.

"Spike?" she asked once he got that scarf out of her mouth, "What 're ya doin here?"

"Saving you, duh!" Spike said now untying her. Once she was free she got up just in time to meet another strange pony. This one looked like a scholar of some sort.

"Are you Applejack, Element of Honesty?" he asked her.

"Yeah, that's me, but who the Sam hill are you?" Applejack asked, not meaning to be rude, but the whole thing was kind of strange.

"My name is Lezard Chronostar," the magician said, "We were on our way to Ponyville when we saw you in danger. My associates here insisted on stopping to save you."

"Well, Ah thank ya kindly," Applejack said picking up her hat and putting it on. She then looked at the fight in front of her again, amazed at how well the pony in the red dress was fighting. Whoever she was she must have been a trained soldier of some sort, cause she handled that blade too well for it to be her first time.

But why did Applejack feel like she knew her?

She noticed the second guard getting up and about to attack the yellow swordsmare. Applejack wasn't about to let the pony who saved her life die before she got the chance to thank her. Applejack charged over to the soldier and buck kicked him to the ground.

"Ya need ta be more careful!" Applejack said to the swordsmare, "Ah thought you soldier types were trained ta be aware of yer surroundins?"

"Ahh shaddup!" the swordsmare said before continuing her fight. That sounded really familiar. In fact, it sounded just like something Apple Bloom would say. But Apple Bloom was only ten. This pony had to be about twenty something.

Lezard and Spike continued to cast spells, pushing the forces back. Eventually Applejack and the swordsmare defeated their opponents, and all was quiet.

Applejack went over to the guard she defeated and took his sheath and gave it to the swordsmare, "Just in case ya wanted ta keep it."

"Uh... thanks..." she said taking the sheath, "Spike, help me out with this, will ya?"

"Yes ma'am," Spike said walking over to the swordsmare and strapping the sheath to her side.

"Ya sound like ya from Applelossa," Applejack said once she noticed the accent.

"Oh, uh, yeah..." she swordsmare said not looking at Applejack. She seemed awkward for some reason.

"Hey, have we ever met before?" Applejack asked her savior.

"No," the swordsmare said quickly, "I'm afraid we've never met before, miss," Applejack noticed that her accent was gone for some reason. This was beginning to sound really familiar, but there wasn't a way for that to be.

"Ah see, well then, mah name's Applejack. Nice ta meet ya," she held her hoof out. For a long time the swordsmare just stared at her hoof, as if thinking, but eventually she touched hooves with Applejack.

"Cider," the pony said, apparently introducing herself.

"Nice ta meed ya Cider," Applejack said. It looked like Spike was about to say something, but Lezard pushed him back silencing him. They knew something.

"Cider, we need to hurry to Ponyville," Lezard said, "I can enchant a carriage so it'll move on it's own."

"Perfect," Cider said, turning to Applejack again, "Ya need ta get ta Canterlot. Twilight's gone, and Rarity is still in there."

"Wait, how do ya know-"

"None of that matters!" Cider shouted, shocking Applejack, "Just please, save her."

"What about mah sistur!" Applejack shouted, then realizing that Cider might not know who she's talking about, "She's got a yellow coat, red mane, and is about ten years old. She ain't got her Cutie Mark yet," Applejack said, noticing that she stiffened a bit.

"She's fine," Cider said, "She's in a safe place right now. Just save Rarity, we'll take care of Ponyville," before Applejack could say anything, Cider, Spike, and Lezard got in the carriage.

"Hold up, why are ya traveling wit them, Spike?" Applejack asked.

"It's... complicated," Spike said, "Just promise me that you'll save Rarity!"

"Ah... promise, but-"

The carriage began to move, and they were heading off, leaving Applejack by herself to ponder. Who was that mare? And why did she lie about whether or not they met before. She would have remembered meeting a pony like that.

But Applejack knew a lier when she saw one, and she did lie.


Angel was pulling at her wings trying to get her to go outside. She knew he was telling her to talk to Macintosh, but she couldn't. She couldn't face him.

"No..." she said shaking her head. Angel crossed his arms and tapped his foot rapidly, "I'm not going out there. I'll just hurt him again," Angel made an aggravated sound, "I know he's hurting right now, but if he enters my world he's just going to get even more hurt. No one needs to enter my world."

Angel sighed, and then hopped over to her dresser and picked up a small pink book. He then put it in front of her and opened it to an entry from four years ago. Fluttershy looked at the entry, but then shook her head and turned away.

"No..." she moaned, "I'm not..." Angel slammed his paw on the page making an angry sound. She looked at him and met his eyes, understanding exactly what he was saying.

You need to face it...

She was still terrified, but she slowly lowered her eyes and looked at the entry in the book.

~April 4th, 2016

I can't believe what happened! I can barely write today!

All I wanted to do was make sure the chickens were fed. But then I was assaulted, and he did things to me. I had never been so afraid before in my entire life.

The thing that hurts the most though is when he said that I enjoyed it. Truth is, and please don't tell anyone about this.

I think I did.

I'm never telling anyone about that day! I'll carry this secret with me to my grave! Not even Rainbow Dash or Rarity will know! Tomorrow I'm going to do my usual routine, and act like it never happened.

As she read it, the fear came back. The sadness, the anger, all of those emotions. She also felt the weight of holding it in for four years. She looked at Angel, who still looked serious, but also worried.

"Oh Angel," Fluttershy said wrapping her forelegs around her closest friend. He was the only one who knew everything, but it wasn't enough anymore. Fluttershy looked at the door, remembering who was outside.

She couldn't believe what she was doing. Before she knew it she was trotting to the door. When she opened it she saw him lying on the floor resting. He looked up and met eyes with her. He looked so concerned, he really cared about her.

Maybe he even... loved her...

"Are ya feelin better now?" he asked in his deep voice. The second he asked that, her emotions picked up and the tears came. But she wouldn't break eye contact with him, not this time.

"Help me!" Fluttershy sobbed, "Please!"

Macintosh trotted over to Fluttershy and held her as she cried, "It's okay Fluttershy, just let it out," he said holding her. They stayed like that for a good few minutes, each tear a weight lifted for Fluttershy.


After she calmed down a bit, Fluttershy sat Macintosh down in her room, where she finally told him what happened, and why she was so upset.

"So you were raped?" Macintosh asked, now looked really shocked and angry, "Do ya know who did it?"

"No, I don't," she said shaking her head, "It was four years ago, so I'm sure he's either gone now, or in jail for raping someone else."

"But Ah don't fully understand. What does that have ta do with-"

"Everything," Fluttershy said, "You see, when he did it, I... I..."

"Fluttershy, it's okay if you were traumatized. After all, he-"

"No, you don't understand!" Fluttershy cried, "I didn't hate it! I wasn't in pain! I loved it!" she then broke down into sobs of sadness and shame.

"Fl-Fluttershy! Are ya... serious?" he asked as if he couldn't believe it.

"I was scared," Fluttershy said, "But a part of me thought it was thrilling," she looked away, "And ever since then, I've always fantasized about it. My body craves it. I HATE it!" Fluttershy looked away, "I feel so dirty! I even looked at Pinkie Pie when she was getting tortured and part of me actually wanted to switch places with her!"

"Oh, Fluttershy..."

"So now you know! I'm a whore! A slut! I'm filthy!"

"But what Ah don't know is why you forced yerself onto me in the barn. That Fluttershy wasn't the Fluttershy I know."

"Yes... she was," Macintosh looked a little confused, "Because those fantasies I told you about, you're always in them. I was under a spell that night, but everything I did and said I've wanted to do!"

"So it's true," Macintosh said with a nod, "You are in love with..."

Fluttershy nodded, still unable to look at him, "I am. I've loved you the moment I met you. But I love you too much. You drive me absolutely insane. I can't allow myself to have you, not now, not ever. Besides, you wouldn't want me. Not after finding out everything about me, and who I really am. How could you want to be with a mare as dirty as-"

It happened too fast. She didn't even register the moment it happened. All of a sudden, their lips were touching. He kissed her! But why? She wasn't good for him. She would just ruin him. This wasn't right. It wasn't! But why couldn't she tear away? Why couldn't she push him off of her?

Yes... Yes! YES! This is what I want!

After a few minutes, they parted ways and looked into each other's eyes, "Why do you do that to yerself?" Macintosh asked, "You are so beautiful, both inside and out, yet you tear yerself down so much it's heart wrenching."

"But it's true! Everything I said!" Fluttershy turned away, "I don't deserve you!"

"Why not?" Macintosh asked, "Honestly, Ah don't know why yer so hard on yerself. What happened four years ago was horrible, but the fact you got a little pleasure out of it doesn't make you a bad pony. At least you weren't hurt. Yer not a whore. Yer different, yeah, but different is good. It's exciting. And this whole 'ya don't deserve me' bit, don't Ah get a say in this? Maybe Ah don't want no normal mare. Maybe Ah want somepony who's... different. Special actually."

"Macintosh..." it was too much for her. She couldn't believe what he was saying. This had to be a dream.

"Fluttershy, if ya want something, ya should take it. Somethin's goin down in Equestria, and if ya don't take it now, ya might miss yer chance."

That was basically what her other self said to her, she thought. She did want Macintosh, but should she take him? Was it right? Was it time?

Screw whether or not it's right! You love him! You spend so much time being nice to everyone else, be nice to yourself for a change!

That voice in her head was right. She needed to be nice to the pony that should have always been important. She needed to be nice to the mare in the mirror. To herself.

This time, she didn't say anything. She knew that if she did, it wouldn't be enough. She kissed him, this time pushing him onto the bed, and getting the moment she wanted. It was time she did something for herself for a change.

Maybe the world could wait fifteen minutes...


After they were done, they rested in her bed together. Fluttershy couldn't believe she wasn't dreaming. It felt too perfect. It was everything she had hoped it would be and more. She turned to look at him. He never gave up on her. Even after she pushed him away, he came back, and literally forced his way into her heart. He was perfect. And he was hers now.

She got out of the bed slowly as to now wake him up. She then looked in the mirror, imagining she was talking to the pony in her dream.

"I'm sorry I was so mean to you," Fluttershy said softly, "You were right, in your own way. I may be the Element of Kindness, but that doesn't mean I should forget about myself. Even Rarity takes time out for herself, and her Element is all about giving," she closed her eyes and smiled, "Rarity once told me that she couldn't give anything to anypony if she didn't have anything for herself. At first I didn't understand that, but I think I do now. What you were trying to tell me was that I can't love anypony if I don't love myself first. Well, from now on, I'm going to try and do that. Let's live together from now on, okay?" she asked. As if getting an answer, the Element of Kindness began to glow on her dresser. Fluttershy trotted over to it, confused as to why it was glowing. The second she picked it up though, the glow got bigger.

Fluttershy then felt a surge of power. It was a nice feeling, warm, and comforting. She then felt something like armor forming around her. When the glow stopped, she looked at herself in awe. She was wearing armor now. It was green and yellow, and looked a little like her Gala Dress. The armor covered her front legs and feet, her upper body and wings, and her back legs had armored shoes on too. There was a long train like her Gala Dress that flowed down over her back legs, and on her chest was a symbol that looked like a pink butterfly.

"What in the world?" she asked looking at herself.

"Fluttershy?" she heard Macintosh say. She turned around and saw him looking at her in amazement, "Where did that armor come from?"

"I don't..." she was about to say, but she had a small idea. Did this have something to do with Twilight? Did this happen because of what she and Macintosh did?

Before she could say anything else though, an explosion was heard. Fluttershy and Macintosh looked outside and saw the Whitetail Forest, only it was on fire!

"Fluttershy, you need to go!" Macintosh said, "Ah think this is a sign. Ah don't know what's goin on, but Ah get the feelin Equestria needs the Elements of Harmony."

Fluttershy nodded and opened the window, "I love you, Macintosh," she said before flying off. She didn't need to hear it from him. She already knew how he felt. Besides, she had a mission to get to. Something happened in the Whitetail Woods, and she needed to investigate.

When she got there she saw Rainbow Dash lying on the ground. It was raining in the woods now, so the fire was out, but Rainbow Dash looked really bad.

"Rainbow Dash!" Fluttershy cried out flying over to her fallen friend. Thankfully she still had a pulse. What happened? Black soldiers walked out of the shadows towards them. Fluttershy was terrified, but somehow, she still felt the drive to fight.

"You... did you do this?" Fluttershy asked them, only getting silence, "How DARE you hurt my friend!"

Two of the soldiers fired black beams out of their eyes at Fluttershy, but she did an elegant flip out of the way. She didn't know what she was doing anymore. She wasn't a fighter, but somehow, she knew. Somehow...

She closed her eyes, and acted naturally. She flew over to the soldiers that fired at her, and stepped on their heads knocking them to the ground. She then spun around on her front hoof kicking two more soldiers away. There were three more soldiers left, and they were slowly approaching her.

Fluttershy closed her eyes again, letting the power of the Element of Kindness fill her. She then stood on her hind legs and pointed her forelegs forward, somehow creating a tornado that pushed the soldiers back. The soldiers must have been made of magic, because she noticed they slowly dispersed into the ground. Fluttershy took that as her chance to wake up Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow Dash, wake up!" Fluttershy urged. She breathed a sigh of relief when Rainbow Dash stirred herself awake.

"Fluttershy?" Rainbow Dash asked, shocked when she noticed her attire, "Where did you get that armor?"

"The Element of Kindness made it, I think," Fluttershy explained, "But what happened here? Why were you lying on the ground?"

"Scootaloo..." Rainbow Dash said looking down, "Twilight did something weird to her and made her an adult mare. She..." Rainbow Dash then looked up in fear as if realizing something, "I need to go!"

"Go? Where?" Fluttershy asked.

"Pinkie Pie needs me! I have to save her! Fluttershy, I think she sent ponies after us!"

"If that's true, then we better move!" Fluttershy stated.

"I'll lead the way. Try to keep up!" Rainbow Dash said taking to the skies. Fluttershy flew after her as fast as she could, praying that this time they'd make it to protect Pinkie Pie in time.


The carriage slowed down to a stop, and Apple Bloom, Spike, and Lezard got out and walked into Ponyville. It was getting dark when they arrived.

"Think we made it in time?" Apple Bloom asked.

"I certainly hope so," Lezard said.

"Guys, look!" Spike cried out, pointing to something to the side. Apple Bloom and Lezard looked and saw the same carriages they used to get here.

"They're already here," Lezard stated, "We need to clear out the soldiers here first before we can get to Fillydelphia."

"Ya'll two check out the town!" Apple Bloom commanded, "Ah'll meet up wit ya in a bit!"

"Where are you going?" Spike asked.

"If Scootaloo is already here, then Ah need ta make sure a friend of mine is safe!"

"Meet up with us at the town square when you're done," Lezard said. Apple Bloom nodded and the three of them parted way, Spike and Lezard going to find the other Elements of Harmony, and Apple Bloom off to find the friend that started her on this journey.

She needed to find Silver Spoon.