• Published 25th Sep 2019
  • 1,380 Views, 33 Comments

The Lost Prophecy of Equus - AlphariusOmegon

  • ...
4
 33
 1,380

X. An Oath Upheld

"HEAR ME MY SOLDIERS! LET US DRIVE THESE FOUL DEMONS BACK TO THE PITS FROM WHENCE THEY CAME! LET US SHOW THEM THAT THE AZUR HAVE RETURNED, AND THE DRAGONS ARE UNITED ONCE MORE! TODAY, WE FULFILL OUR OATH TO EQUESTRIA, AND EQUUS ITSELF! TODAY A NEW AGE DAWNS! CHARGE!"

Stormtroopers - Sabaton

The legions charged with the cry of battle, smashing headfirst into the demons. Fully armored Dragons descended from the skies. They immediately started to mow down the demon lines, one by one. Twilight was both amazed and terrified at their ferocity. Bolter fire whizzed through the demon hordes, blasting holes in those who were unlucky enough to be in the path of a bullet. Strangely, the bullets whizzed through Ponies, not harming them at all as if they were not even there.

Twilight found herself lost in the carnage, running all over the place and watching the Legions fight firsthand. Immediately she thought of the civilians who could not defend themselves. She saw that a demon had cornered a group of children, its jaws open wide, ready to devour them. Twilight would have rushed over to help, had Vulkan not been there first. With his massive hand, he picked the demon up by its head. "Hey, demon, are you Elon Musk?" Vulkan threw the demon up into the air and readied his massive war hammer, "Because I'm about to send you..." The demon started to fall, screaming and hollering as it did, Vulkan tightened his grip on his hammer. "...into outer SPACE!" Vulkan swung his war hammer, hit the demon like it was a baseball, and sent it flying out of the atmosphere. Vulkan made a big, booming laugh at his own joke. The demons who saw this tried to flee but were mowed down by other marines.

"That... was... AWESOME!" A young filly said. Twilight recognized her. Her small wings, magenta mane, and orange coat were all too familiar. "Where did you learn to do that?" Scootaloo asked with wonder in her eyes.

"I was born with this strength. But it took me a long time to master it. Practice makes perfect my small friend." Vulkan answered while patting Scootaloo on the head. Scootaloo would have been insulted for being called "small" but she was too awestruck at the sight of the massive giant that had just saved her and her friends. "Remember kids: Stay in school! Don't do drugs!" Vulkan then lept back into the fray, pulverizing demons with his war hammer.

Twilight was relieved that the children were safe. Then she heard the whirring of some sort of device. She looked over and saw the World Eaters. Their armor was completely covered in blood and gore. She noticed that they found immense joy in combat.

Angron was hacking away with his twin chain axes. He smashed them down into a larger demon, the blades slicing its head open and carving down the middle. Blood and brain matter splattered everywhere as the teeth of Angron's chain axes carved away. When he finished, he just moved on to another demon, beheading it before it could even land a single blow. Angron was euphoric. He had not experienced true combat in ages, and now he was at the front lines. Twilight was terrified of what would have happened if this beast of an Azur was one of the demons of Sheol. A massive red demon with green eyes and goat-like legs charged at Angron. Angron simply laughed.

"HAHAHAHAHA! YOUR SKULL WILL MAKE A FINE ADDITION TO THE BLOOD GOD'S THRONE!"

Angron charged into the demon. He gutted it with his chain-axes, pulverizing its insides immediately. He hoisted the demon into the air and tore the demon in two with his bare hands, showering himself in the demon's blood and guts, laughing as he did so. He then took the upper half of its body and ripped its head clean off. Standing on a mountian of demon corpses, he raised the demon's head and yelled:

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!"

Twilight nearly vomited at the sight of all this. She decided to move as far away from Angron as possible. As she galloped away, she found herself witnessing the Emperor's Children. "Huh, they kind of look like me... color-wise." She saw they were a lot more malicious in the slaughter. Instead of beheading demons quickly and moving onto the next, the Emperor's Children took pleasure in drawing out the suffering and agony of their foes. Chain flails, barbed whips, power claws, and of course, sonic blasters. Twilight caught a glimpse of Fulgrim strangling a demon with his tail. Usually, she would be horrified at such a display. But in this case, she found it... beautiful in a way. Almost... romantic, and pleasurable. After Fulgrim was done strangling the demon, he noticed Twilight looking at him with lust in her eyes. He slithered over to her, graceful and alluring as he went, his platinum hair flowing in the wind.

"Why hello there," Fulgrim said as he slithered around Twilight.

"H-hi." Twilight stammered. She was entranced by Fulgrim.

"You must be the new Goddess of Friendship, aren't you?"

"Yes... my name is Twilight Sparkle."

"Well, Twilight, you truly do sparkle in more ways than one."

Twilight blushed at Fulgrim. He was so hypnotizing to her. She could almost just kiss him right there and then.

"How about we, I don't know, have a drink after this whole ordeal is over?" Fulgrim asked flirtingly.

"S-sure." Twilight's senses were completely gone at this point. Fulgrim basically could have just kissed Twilight right there and then, if it weren't for Magnus casting a spell that nullified Fulgrim's effect on Twilight.

"Wait what the-" Twilight now realized that a literal snake-man was flirting with her.

"FULGRIM!" Magnus shouted. "WE DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS!"

"You're no fun!" Fulgrim hissed back. He gave Magnus the middle finger and slithered away. Twilight puked a little at realizing that she had been successfully seduced.

Magnus landed next to Twilight. "I'm sorry for my brother's behavior. He tends to have that effect on people. Trust me, it's very annoying. Especially when he's flirting with someone mid-battle." A demon tried to pounce on Magnus, but he beheaded it before it even laid a finger on him.

Twilight recognized this magic. "Precognition?"

"Yep," Magnus responded as he beheaded another demon. "I was born with it as a result of my patron's gifts. Four Primarchs have specific patron gods. Mortarion, Fulgrim, Angron and I. You can probably tell what kind of gods they are based on their champions."

"I don't think I've seen the fourth."

"Oh, you haven't seen Mortarion? Well, he's-"

The explosion of a plague grenade a few yards away cut off Magnus mid-sentence. The gas completely ate away at the flesh of a group of demons, the virus consuming them entirely.

"Ah, it seems he's using the death eater virus this time around," Magnus said.

"It smells," Twilight said while holding her nose.

"That's the smell of rapidly decomposing demon flesh, not the gas." Twilight vomited at Magnus's remark. "And I saw that coming from a mile away," Magnus remarked.

"You're not helping," Twilight grumbled.

"By the way, you might want to move to the right a bit."

"What do you mean- HOLY SHIT!" Twilight jumped out of the way of a drop-pod that was coming straight down on top of her. It landed with a massive thud. The door opened and a squad of the Thousand Sons stepped out, jumping into the fray immediately. And two ponies that Twilight did not expect.

"STARLIGHT?! SUNBURST?! WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING HERE?! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT ARMOR?! WHAT IS GOING ON?!"

"It's a long story, Twilight." Starlight responded. "We'll tell you about it later."

Sunburst did not hesitate to jump into the fray. Cutting down demons with his new power sword and using his shoulder-mounted bolter to punch holes through the demon lines. It was obvious that he was having the time of his life.

"Sweet Celestia have mercy..." Twilight said to herself.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to join the Thousand Sons," Magnus remarked.

Twilight continued to observe the legions of the Azur. The Blood Angels and their ferocity. The White Scars and their speed. The Ultramarines and their chivalry. The Word Bearers and their zealotry. Each legion had something unique to them. But there was one Azur who stood above his entire army.

Void was slicing through demons like there was no tomorrow. What surprised Twilight the most is that he showed no emotion when doing so. But Twilight could feel his anger, his satisfaction, his determination, his raw power. All overwhelming yet masked behind his cool complexion. Demons fell before his sword in droves, and even more to his talons. That was until a demon got in a lucky hit on his power armor and disabled the hydraulics system. Void was effectively stuck

"Really?! Of all times this had to happen! Right now?! I'm going to kill the tech priests responsible for maintaining this thing. Welp, there's only one thing to do now..."

Void triggered a mechanism and was enveloped by smoke. The smoke dissipated and Void stood where it had once been. Only this time, there was no armor, there was only a purple loincloth.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure OST - Awaken

Everyone now beheld the glory of the Emperor's muscular physique. His obsidian scales glistened in the moonlight. The moonlight reflected off of his chest and chiseled abs, blinding demons as he strode forward. Mares fainted and stallions' jaws dropped. If there were any doubts that Void was an actual god before, those doubts were quickly crushed under the immense weight of Void's glorious physique.

Golden drop pods began to descend from the skies and land in the midst of battle. Out of them came towering golden warrors, taller than the Azur Kights."My fabulous overlord! The awakening of your chiseled abs summoned us here. What do you require of us?" One of them asked.

"Defend the people and protect the nobility of Equus. Void responded. The Custodes understood perfectly and flipped away towards the designated VIPs.

"Is this a bad time to try and say hi to mom?" A voice asked from behind.

"ENDER?! STAR RIFT?! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" Void shouted.

"Killing demons," Ender responded as he drove a dagger into a demon's skull.

Void facepalmed himself. "Just... don't get yourself killed. It looks like things are just about wrapping up anyways." Void spread his wings and flew into the sky, tossing nova bomb after nova bomb.

"YAY!" Ender shouted. He immediately ran off, his braided ponytail in his mane flowing in the wind. Twilight observed the whole scene. Her jaw dropped to the floor. "A PARENT LETTING THEIR CHILD FIGHT IN A WAR? WHAT IN CELESTIA'S NAME IS THIS IRRESPONSIBILITY?! AND HE'S A PONY?! THIS MAKES NO SENSE!" Twilight thought to herself. She was so caught up in thinking, that a demon tried to pounce at her. Ender stopped the demon with a flurry of stabs and .

"T-thank you..." Twilight stammered.

"Oh, so you're my new aunt! Or would it be cousin because Celestia is almost like an adoptive mother? Then again, you're now her equal and technically that would make you Sol's adopted daughter in a way... I guess I'll just call you auntie Twilight!"

"And you must be my new... sorta nephew?" Twilight asked with a nervous smile.

"Yep!" Ender responded.

They both shared a good laugh. Before a massive roar sounded from below. A titian emerged from a massive sinkhole in the ground which the demons had opened up. It stood as tall as a mountain, even larger than Torch. Ponies and other creatures ran before its enormous size. The Azur Knights and the guardsmen stood their ground before this beast. They were prepared to die if they had to.

Twilight stared up at the huge demon. "Holy shi-"

"Pfft. Dad will take care of it." Ender said with a smug of confidence.

"What do you mean?! That thing is clopping huge! Your dad is-"

A roar sounded from the heavens as Void descended in his dragon-form. He pinned the titian to the ground before sinking his teeth into its neck. The titian screamed in pain before Void forced its mouth open and shot Void fire into its head, killing it instantly. Void tore its head off and stood on his two hind legs before roaring into the sky.

"IMPERATOR! IMPERATOR! IMPERATOR!"

Void took one last look before he descended into the ocean.

The battle wrapped up with the remainder of the demons being slaughtered by the Azur. Those demons who tried to flee were intercepted and destroyed. The Azur set up a perimeter just in case the demons would try anything, but they doubted that the demons would try anything after the beating the Azur had just given them. They mostly just relaxed, some even awkwardly interacted with the creatures of Equus.

Twilight, was still confused. Starlight galloped up to her.

"Do you want me to explain now?" Starlight whispered to Twilight.

"Yes. Please tell me what the fuck is going on." Twilight responded.


The battle had subsided and the Legions, along with the guardsmen, had set up camp next to the festival. Cheers and songs of glory could be heard, for the Azur were celebrating their victory.

"So, basically, what you're saying is that Void has come back to wage war against Sheol, AGAIN, FROM THE DEAD, and he's also the husband of PRINCESS LUNA?!" Twilight shouted. Twilight was sitting at a table with Sunburst and Starlight.

"I mean, you've already seen one of his children..." Starlight trailed off.

"ONE OF THEM?!"

"Yeah. They have two children together." Sunburst chimed in. "Ender and Star Rift."

"Well, this is one hell of a way to get an extended family," Twilight said sarcastically.

"Yeah, it seriously is." A voice said from behind. Twilight looked around, seeing no one other than Sunburst and Starlight.

"Down here!" The voice said. Twilight turned around and saw a small filly. "Hi! I'm Star Rift! You must be my new auntie Twilight! Nice to meet you!" Star Rift held out her hoof to Twilight.

"Nice to meet you too..." Twilight nervously grinned while shaking Star Rift's hoof. "I'm sorry if I seem rude. It... it's just that... all of this is just so confusing..."

"Pfft, don't sweat it. Besides, you'll get used to it. Say, how about I introduce you to a few of my uncles? I'm sorry that they all seem a bit... violent, but they all have good sides. Especially uncle Vulkan. He gives great hugs." Twilight felt that Star Rift was being genuine, and she didn't want to hurt her feelings by saying no.

"Sure," Twilight said nervously. "Besides, it would make things a lot less... awkward."

Star Rift giggled. "Follow me!" She took off galloping. Twilight followed. Star Rift led Twilight towards the World Eaters. Many of them had their helmets off, their scars of war visible to Twilight. She shuddered at the sight of some of the nastiest scars that she had ever seen. Still, she followed Star Rift despite her fears. Twilight wanted to be diplomatic, and she would get her chance.

"IT'S MY SKULL-TROPHY!"

"NO, IT'S MINE!"

"I KILLED THE DEMON! THEREFORE, IT'S MY SKULL!"

"YOU DIDN'T DO JACK-SHIT! I WAS THE ONE WHO BROUGHT IT DOWN TO ITS KNEES!"

Twilight rushed over to the commotion. Two of the World Eaters were fighting over the skull of a demon that had been slain in combat. They were wrestling on the ground, trying to pry the skull from each other's hands while a crowd surrounded them chanting, "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" She could tell that solving this problem wouldn't be easy. She needed a way to get their attention without sounding weak.

"HEY! STOP FIGHTING THIS INSTANT!" Twilight yelled. This got all of the World Eater's attention. The two who were fighting immediately ceased their squabble and stood up.

"He started it!"

"No, you did!"

"Enough! Both of you! It sounds like you both gave an equal amount of effort to bring down the demon. Can't you just share it?" Twilight said. The response she got was not what she expected.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! SHE WANTS US TO SHARE A SKULL?! AND SHE'S BEING SERIOUS?! BY THE BLOOD GOD! THAT'S HILARIOUS!" The World Eater fell over and rolled around on the ground laughing hysterically. The rest of them started laughing at Twilight as she blushed in embarrassment.

"Dammit Twilight! Why did you try and help the situation?! Now you've just made a fool of yourself in front of them!" She thought to herself.

Every World Eater ceased their laughter as Angron walked over to see what the commotion was all about. Star Rift was on his shoulder. Angron stopped at the two arguing World Eaters, giving them an angry glare before yanking the skull out of their hands and breaking it right down the middle, giving one half to each of them. He turned and walked back to his tent. Twilight followed him, not wanting to lose sight of Star Rift.

She entered the tent timidly. The skulls that adorned the inside did not help to calm her down. In the center of the tent was a brass throne, adorned with the skulls of Angron's greatest kills. (At least, the ones whose heads weren't completely smashed and mutilated by his chain-axes.) Leaning on each side of his throne were the two chain-axes that he had wielded for billions of years. Angron sat on his throne, meditating on past events. That was until he was interrupted by Star Rift.

"Uncle Angron, I would like to introduce you to Twilight Sparkle! Twilight, this is uncle Angron."

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Angron..." Twilight was visibly sweating at this point. Nevertheless, she held out her hoof in a gesture of goodwill. Angron said nothing.

"Is he always like this?" Twilight whispered to Star Rift. "I thought he was an unstoppable killing machine from wherever you guys come from." Angron snickered at Twilight's remark, catching her completely off guard.

"I'm sorry!" Twilight squealed.

Angron sighed and walked over to the now terrified Twilight. He stood over her, chain-axes in hand. His armor was coated with dents and scratches.

"But you aren't all 'Kill! Maim! Burn!' uncle Angron. I've seen your kinder side before." Star Rift nudged his leg. "Besides, how are things with Lotara going?" She whispered.

"I-" Angron cut himself off in embarrassment. "Well, if you must know... I recently asked her out to dinner." He put a hand on the back of his neck, trying to hide his blushing face. "She... she accepted the offer... but since we've all been so busy I-"

"Uncle Angron," Star Rift placed a hoof on his lower leg armor. Twilight found it amusing that Star Rift was so small yet so courageous. "I don't think she has forgotten about it. She's not one to forget these things. Just be confident in yourself! I know you can do it."

Angron smiled and kneeled to meet Star Rift's face. Even when lowered, he still massively outsized her. "Thank you, my niece. You truly know how to brighten someone's day."

"No problem! Any time, Uncle Angy!" Star Rift beamed with joy. Usually, Angron would rip someone's head off for calling him any nickname, but it was his niece's nickname for him, and only his niece's to say.

"Star Rift," Twilight said sternly, "I think we should leave your uncle alone now. We should take our leave."

Star Rift sighed, "Oh, fine. Alright, I'll see you later uncle Angron!" Angron said nothing back, only standing back up and going back to pondering his maps. What Star Rift and Twilight hadn't noticed was the bouquet of roses hidden under the table.

"That was fun!" Star-Rift said with a mischievous grin.

"That was scary!" Twilight retorted.

"Well, if you would like to talk to the opposite of uncle Angron, let's go see uncle Vulkan."

"Great, another nut job," Twilight said sarcastically.

Star-Rift took offense to this. "Hey! I'll have you know that uncle Vulkan gives the BEST hugs in this entire Universe and he is the nicest Azur you'll ever meet!" Star-Rift looked around. "Oh! It looks like he's talking to Uncle Leman and Uncle Magnus!"

"We shouldn't interrupt-"

"Even better!" Star-Rift shouted as she bolted over. Twilight sighed. She knew she couldn't keep with Star-Rift. Nevertheless, she made an effort to do so. By the time she had reached Star-Rift, she was out of breath.

"Uncle Vulkan!" Star Rift leaped into his arms.

"Star-Rift! My best niece-friend!" He embraced her with a massive bear hug.

"Hello, Star-Rift." Magnus and Leman said simultaneously. Vulkan released his embrace on Star-Rift.

"Uncles, I would like to introduce you to Twilight Sparkle! Twilight, this is uncle Vulkan, uncle Leman, and Uncle Ma-"

"Oh! Hello Magnus!" Twilight said.

"Greetings Twilight!" Magnus replied.

Star-Rift was surprised. "Oh. You two already know each other?"

"We met on the battlefield," Twilight answered. "He saved my life. Twice." She shuddered thinking about Fulgrim, "I also saw Vulkan defending a group of young ponies. I can't say I've seen Leman though."

Leman frowned. "Well, I guess book worms hang out with book worms."

"Pardon my brother. He is not the most appreciative of knowledge." Magnus said. "Trust me, you get used to it."

"It's your thirst for knowledge that got us in trouble with the Crystal Empire, Magnus."

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "Wait, what?"

"By the gods, Leman... Void told us to drop this subject."

"Oh, I know, I'm just annoying you. Also, Princess Cadence is right behind you."

"What...?"

Cadence unleashed a flurry of magic at Magnus and Leman. Magnus was able to raise his shield in time before any of them were hurt.

“You’re seriously not going to let this go, are you?”

“You trespassed upon the territory of the Crystal Empire, and if you don’t explain what the hell you were doing in my daughter’s bedroom, I will assume you were trying to kidnap her. If that isn’t a worthy reason for a declaration of war, I don’t know what is.” Everyone could tell that Cadence was being dead serious. Twilight remembered when Sombra had tried to kidnap Flurry Heart, and the effects it had on Cadence’s parenting. Cadence didn’t allow Flurry Heart to go anywhere without supervision.

Flurry Heart shook off her swaddling clothes and flew into Leman’s arms at the sight of him. She was happy to see him. Cadence was shocked. Her horn lit up again, intending to blast Leman to smithereens.

“AHEM.” A voice came from behind. Sanguinius stepped forward, scowling at both Leman and Magnus. “Princess Cadenza mi Amore, forgive my brothers for their intrusion. The intent was to have them as a scouting party to map out the Crystal Empire. Unfortunately... Magnus had other ideas. Our brother's visions during his time in the Void showed Flurry Heart’s birth, and that she was an Alicorn. He just wanted to confirm this specific vision of mine and Magnus wanted to see this sight for himself. I sent both of them to investigate. She is truly a marvel.”

Cadence nodded. Her horn started to dim. For some reason, she found comfort and honesty in Sanguinius's words.

“It appears that, during my brother's intrusion, Flurry Heart formed a bond with Leman. I don’t blame him. He is the fluffiest of all of us. She probably mistook him for a massive dog. In fact...”

Sanguinius fetched Flurry Heart from Leman’s arms and give her back to Cadence. He summoned a tennis ball out of thin air and yelled, “Fetch!” Leman ran after it, catching it mid-air with his teeth. Cadence and Magnus laughed as Leman sprinted back to them with the ball in his mouth.

“Magnus, on the other hand, just wanted to know if the reports were true. He found the answer.” Void explained. “There was no malicious intent behind their actions. And, if it makes you feel better, I have already disciplined both of them for it.”

Cadence's horn completely dimmed. Twilight was astonished at Void's incredible charisma and way with words.

"If you think that's impressive, know that he has convinced entire armies to lay down their weapons and make peace with each other using only haikus," Magnus whispered to Twilight.

"Twilight, this is uncle Sanguinius. Also known as our resident glorious golden hawk boy." Twilight stuck out her hoof and Sanguinius shook it in response.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance." Sanguinius said, giving Twilight a sight bow. She had just noticed his fangs behind that bright smile of his. Twilight blushed a little, as he was basically the embodiment of those vampire novels she read when she was younger, except he had angel wings and was clothed in beautiful golden armor.

Twilight caught sight of another Azur who seemed to be leading a sermon of some sort. He was, clothed in white robes, carrying a staff. On top of the staff was the imperial seal, which was ablaze with purple fire. Attached to his belt were religious texts and prayer beads. The front of his pointy hat carried a black version of the imperial seal.

"Oh! Twilight!" Star jumped up and down in excitement. "That's Ecclesiarch Decius the... twenty-third. High-Priest of the Azur people. It's his job to maintain religious stability within the citizenry of the Imperium. He works very closely with-"

"A sacra Mater!" Lorgar shouted as he approached Twilight. He knelt before her and placed a hand over his heart. "It is an honor to be in your presence, Goddess of Friendship."

"There is no need to bow to me. We're all friends here..." Twilight said uncomfortably.

"I must insist. You are a goddess, and it is my job as the Urizen to honor the gods of the Azur and our allies."

Twilight sighed. "I guess it just comes with the job. Very well, you may rise, Lorgar."

"Thank you, Goddess, of Friendship," Lorgar said as he got up. "There is one thing that bothers me though..."

"What is it?" Twilight asked.

"Since you are a goddess and all, shouldn't you be worshiped? The devotion and worship of the Equestrian pantheon seems to have dwindled into nothingness. Perhaps I should order my legion to build a temple to the Azur and Equestrian pantheons. It would be a symbol of unity between our two peoples and would bring back the worship that the gods deserve..."

"Lorgar," Twilight interrupted, "as much as it would be a symbol of unity, worship on Equus is not a thing. When Celestia came to power, she specifically stated that she did not want to be worshiped, lest it causes her to go mad with power..." Twilight's expression became one of concern as she thought of Celestia. She had been a fearsome warrior. That kind of worship could lead her down a very dark path.

"Of course, although she is definitely not the warrior she once was-" Lorgar was suddenly interrupted by a commotion. They all looked over to see Princess Luna, now standing in some sort of anthropomorphic form. She still had her hooves, horn, and wings but she stood like an Azur on two legs. She was huge, taller than a primarch. She was clothed in a dress of starlight and wore jewels that shone like the moon. She stood before Decius... menacingly...

"My lady-" Decius was cut off as he was grabbed by the collar of his robes and hoisted up. Luna stared at Decius with almost murderous eyes.

"Where is he?" Luna hissed.

"My lady I don't understand-"

"Of course you don't! How could you understand my pain. For ten billion years I have wept. Ten billion years I have sat in solitude while your kind disappeared when I needed their support the most. Now, I will ask you again, Ecclesiarch. WHERE IS MY HUSBAND?!"

"Mom!" Star-Rift shouted. Ender followed close behind her.

"My children..." Luna dropped Decius to the ground before rushing over to hug them. She wrapped them in her arms, sobbing. Tears were exchanged between a family once divided.

Decius walked over carefully and removed his hat, bowing on one knee to Luna and her children.

"My queen." Decius said with reverence. The rest of the Azur also fell to one knee. Luna was taken aback by the display of devotion. She rose, letting her children go from her embrace, walking back over to Decius before taking him in her arms.

"My queen I-"

"I am sorry Ecclesiarch. My outburst was-"

"My queen, we all know of your suffering. For many millennia we have watched. We waited. We too suffered."

Luna released her embrace of the Ecclesiarch, setting him back on his own two feet. "What is your name, Ecclesiarch?"

"Decius, my queen."

"So, you are Malcador's heir." She said, releasing Decius from her hug before standing back upright. "Tell me, why did you wait so long to return?"

"Your husband wished for us to return sooner, but circumstances back home made it nearly impossible."

"Void? But he-"

"We found his body. Nothing more than a skeleton. The Custodes were dispatched to find his corpse. What we didn't expect was for it to start speaking to them. Void's physical form was destroyed, but his very essence remained intact. He... had to put himself back together in a manner of speaking, gathering lost fragments of his soul before he was finally able to physically regenerate and return to his former glory."

Luna pondered the Ecclesiarch's words before hugging him again. "Thank you, Decius."

"Thank you, my queen."


"I see your deeds. The Azur return to the stage once more. The silence is broken."

"Yes. As it should be."

"Your own return has shaken many."

"I know."

"Including yourself."

"..."

"Are you scared, my child?"

"...yes."

"Put aside your fear. Be who they need you to be."

"I will."

"Good. Awaken, my son."


"He's awake!" A Custodes shouted, seeing Void ascend from beneath the waves. Void made his way onto dry land, clothing himself in his toga. The Azur flocked to meet him. Many creatures of Equus went to see what was happening. The Azur and dragons were kneeling, heads bowed low. Void walked with outstretched wings through the crowd. Some even tried to touch his wings. Void didn't seem to mind. He was set on one thing alone.

He stood before Luna and his children for what felt like an eternity.

"Void..."

"Luna..."

The two embraced each other, tears running down their cheeks as they squeezed each other tightly. Then they started kissing, and it got weird pretty quickly.

"Oh my!" Fulgrim said with anticipation, before Angron tackled him to the ground.

"Shield your eyes!" Lorgar yelled.

"Mom! Dad! Get a room!" Ender shouted. Void and Luna broke their passionate kiss and blushed in embarrassment before laughing.

Twilight just looked on, not knowing what she was in for.