• Published 10th Oct 2019
  • 469 Views, 10 Comments

A Moon's secret - LightShieldtheunicorn



Luna remembers a time before nightmare moon and a love she once had

  • ...
2
 10
 469

Chapter 9: Sunset

It’s almost night time. Ponies are basking in the colorful shades of Princess Celestia’s Hearts and Hooves Day sunset. An audience of pegasi line the balconies of Town Hall. Unicorns and Earth Ponies fill the space on the floor. Celestia entertains them with a speech, while Luna sits in the corner, hooves crossed, giving her sister a glare-of-doom.

“Mares and Gentlecolts,” The sun princess neighs in a sing-song voice. “This has been the most wonderful of Hearts and Hooves Days!”

Ponies cheer, and stomp their hooves in applause.
“Yeah, just wonderful,” Luna snorts to herself, rolling her eyes lividly.

Celestia clears her throat. “Now, tis almost time for our sister to raise the moon, and bring us a good night’s rest.”

That statement is met with disappointed “Awwws” from the crowd, and Luna makes a little growling noise.

“Yes, yes,” Celestia carries on. “But first, we’d like to say how lovely this day has been! We have been met with some of the most fantastic smelling roses we have ever laid nose on! We were given so many generous gifts from thankful subjects, and we even tried Skywishes and Twinkle Twirl’s new restaurant! Thy straw was delicious!”

A purple pony with pink hair, and a pink pony with purple hair give each other a hoof-bump in the audience.

“But of most importance, we saw so much beautiful romance! Ponies sharing their love for one another, and spreading the power of-”

“Uh, Princess Celestia?” A pony in the audience cuts in. “Why is the moon already rising?”

Celestia looks up. “The- what?” Sure enough, the moon is slowly rising up, settling right next to the sun.

“Haha,” Celestia laughs tensely. “We have NO idea! How crazy! Haha, could you all excuse us for just one second?”

Now it’s Celestia’s turn to recieve “Awws” from the audience, as she trots offstage, locks hooves with her sister, and pulls her off to the side.

Luna!” Celestia whispers violently. “I know we’ve had our differences today, but ruining my speech on purpose!”

Luna looks like she has just seen a dragon. “C-Celestia,” She gulps. “I have nothing to do with this. I-I swear!”

“Oh, please!” Celestia retorts.

“No,” Luna trembles. “Celestia, I’m scared. I have no idea what’s going on!”
Celestia can tell by her sister’s voice…she isn’t kidding. Her first thought is that it must be some kind of magic problem, so she starts scanning Luna’s horn, checking to see if there’s anything wrong with it. But as the sun and moon begin to move rapidly across the sky in random directions, Luna’s head immediately turns toward the castle. Celestia follows her gaze, and comes to the same realization.

“You don’t think…” Luna ponders, her voice wavering as ponies in the audience start to panic.

Celestia raises her head, and narrows her eyebrows. “Lightshield.”