• Published 30th Oct 2019
  • 3,340 Views, 74 Comments

The Redemption Arc: Grievous Reborn - Eternal Samson



Grievous dies at the end of the clone wars. The force isn’t satisfied with this ending however. Read as Grievous discovers the will of the force concerning him and Equestria, as he is forced to deal with love and friendship.

  • ...
6
 74
 3,340

Prologue

Author's Note:

My frist fic, obviously. Gonna try real hard to avoid cliches. Want to make this unique. Got a whole long storyline planned out in my head, tho while I have the overarching story, small connecting scenes are not planned, so any suggestions are welcome. Any errors, pls tell me asap so I can fix it. I know how much bad writing or errors detracts from a story and wish to make your reading experience optimal. I edit and wrote this entirely myself. Also in reading many crossover fics, Star Wars or other, I notice they all try to fit one into the other. Either equstria becomes more Star Wars or vice versa. I strive to make a true meld between 2 very different worlds, focusing on the differences as the characters of both parties strive to understand, to them, a completely foreign world. Hope you enjoy, pls comment postive and neagtive, praise and critique, I want both. Share your thoughts as they come. If you really like this pls like it as this feedback will help my story reach more people.

Prologue

Grievous was excited. In the heat of battle type of way. He marched across the small platform that jutted out from a large cliff like structure, his ship, The Soulless One, a customized Feethan Ottraw Scalable Assemblies Belbullab-22 starfighter resting on the edge of the platform. As he made his way across the platform with his large quick strides, he raised his electrostaff approaching the figure holding onto the edge of the platform. At last, the filthy Jedi Kenobi falls! He was about halfway across, electrostaff raised, when Kenobi used the force to draw the blaster that had been dropped during their fight to his hand. He raised his arm and aimed for the center of Grievous chest, and in that moment, as Grievous was halfway across, weapon raised, Kenobi fired. The blaster blot hit perfectly, a small explosion erupted around his heart, exposed when Kenobi pushed apart his chest plates just earlier, now on fire. Despite this, the shot was not fatal. Kenobi realized this as Grievous staggered back and groaned, but remained standing and intact. He fired again, and a second later, again. These extra shots finally did the trick, overloading Grievous systems, as the fire and explosions caused a backlash, a chain reaction. Grievous made a cry as he began to shake, his head raised. Suddenly his eyes themselves, connected to his cybernetic system, caught on fire. A pop was heard as his few real organs and cybernetics finally succumbed to the flames. He collapsed backward, dead. Kenobi pulled himself up from the ledge, and made his way leisurely across the platform, blaster still in hand. As he approached the corpse of Grievous he gave it a look over, making sure it was dead. Satisfied and slightly disgusted, he threw his blaster on the corpse as he walked past, “So uncivilized” he said. Truly barbaric weapons blasters were, compared to the elegant civilized blade of a Jedi. Obi wan made his way back to the battle, to help his clones finish mopping up the droids………


Separatist dreadnought: Invisible hand

In hyperspace: unknown location

Destination: unknown

Engage the hyperdrive!” Came from a b1 commander’s vocabulator.

“Sir, we are already in hyperspace” came the response from the droid at the navigator station.

“What?! But then what are those green streaks out the viewport? If we were in hyperspace they would be blue” reasoned the commander.

“Sir, the hyperdrive is already running, and the streaks match the shape of hyperspace streaks” responded the navigator.

The dimwitted battle droid commander was not convinced. “Run diagnostics, something is not right”

The navigator he was speaking to however was no longer there.
“OM-17229? Where did you go? OM-17229, respond!” The commander demanded.

“I am here commander” came the reply from OM-17229. “Commander?” He questioned, as the droid in question was no longer in his seat. Or anywhere that his sensors could perceive. In his place sat General Grievous, the feared leader of the droids of the Confederacy of Independent Star Systems. Grievous for his part was confused. He looked around, recognizing his capital ship. How he got there he had no idea. In fact the last thing he remembered was preparing to lead the attack on Coruscant.

“What’s the situation? What’s going on? Where are we?” He demanded.

The OM-17229 responded “Well sir we are...huh that’s funny. I don’t remember where we set the hyperdrive coordinates”.

Grievous was getting very concerned. Even these dim witted droids were capable of plotting a course and remembering it. Despite their numerous past failures, this was new. That combined with his own fuzzy memory and the green streaks out of the viewport made him very very concerned.

OM-17229 brought him out of his thoughts. “Sir, we are exiting hyperspace”. The green streaks out the view port became elongated as the ship made it’s exit. Suddenly the room got fuzzy, and doubles appeared for every droid on the ship, including Grievous. The droids processors and Grievous mind suddenly became overwhelmed. A shrill whine came from the droids and the ship, while a cry from Grievous. Half the droids on the ship, including their doubles then disappeared. Then they too disappeared while the ones that had disappeared first reappeared. Then they all disappeared. The ships finally shot out into real space above a strange lush planet, with a dwarf sun and moon orbiting it. Near the planet, behind the ship, could be seen the spirals of a galaxy, as well as some type of energy surrounding it. The ship continued on until it reached the gravitational pull of the planet. Engines still working, it began an orbit. The bridge however, was completely empty. Not a single droid resided on the entire dreadnaught either. The hanger was devoid expect for a few transports. All the escape pods remained, expect one. All the hallways were barren and the only sound that could be heard was groaning and creaking of the metal, with some minor beeps from various instruments and other onboard electronics.


“Man that was a great party Pinkie!” Rainbow dash said vigorously.

“Thanks Rainbow! Can’t have anything but the best for the anniversary of the opening of the friendship school” Pinkie said as she bounced along with her friends on there way from the school to a grassy knoll. Behind them trailed various students as the made their way outside.

Twilight looked about to explode from anticipation. “Oh I just can't wait to see what Luna is going to do with the stars tonight! Who knows what she had planned when she said she had a ‘astronomical surprise’ for the anniversary party!”

“Who said it has anything to do with the stars?”. A smirking Luna and Celestia descended from above.

“Princesses, my goodness don’t scare us like that dear” responded a startled Rarity.

“Well if it ain’t the stars then what?” asked the Element of Honesty.

“See for yourself” replied Luna.

Suddenly the sky light up. Luna’s horn glowed and the stars began rearranging themselves into constellations of the Main 6 standing in front of a school.

Twilight gaped “I...don’t know what to say.”

“It’s simply marvelous!” admired Rarity.

“So...awesome!” whispered Rainbow in an awe struck voice.

“Ain’t that just something.” Applejack turned to Luna barley containing the emotion in her voice, “I’m mighty honoured you'd do this for us.”

“Best…..party….ever!!!!!” exclaimed Pinkie.

“For us? Oh you didn’t need to do that. Not that I don’t appreciate it of course!” Flutter shy hastily added.

“No I didn’t need to, but in what world would anyone not want to show how much we appreciate you and your friends and all you have done for equestria, especially in spreading the knowledge of friendship to everycreature.” replied a now soft smiling Luna.

“Wow, you even added a shooting star!” came the sudden voice of Smolder, who was with the other students just behind the Mane 6.

Luna frowned “No, I didn’t.” she replied.

Some of them began to notice the star get closer. Luna and Celestia began to worry and were about to cast a shield spell when it suddenly went rocketing right over their heads with a screeching sound as is passed into the everfree forest.

Rainbow looked at the direction that the object had gone with a mischievous glint in her eye. “Race ya!” she yelled as she zoomed up leaving only a rainbow colored vapor trail in her wake.

“Wait, it might be dangerous!” Twilight called out but it was too late. She then turned to Luna and Celestia but Luna, anticipating her question, spoke before she had a chance. “Starlight can watch the students, no chance we are missing this, besides, it did technically come from my domain so it is my duty to investigate it myself.”

“Well, in that case, we better hurry.” Twilight said. They all dashed in the direction Rainbow had gone.