• Published 22nd Sep 2019
  • 2,168 Views, 156 Comments

Proximity - paperhearts



Smolder and Ocellus find hundreds of reasons to be close to one another, and hundreds of ways of making it happen. These are just a few of them.

  • ...
6
 156
 2,168

Duvet Queen

"It's so cold."

"Yep."

"Really, really cold."

"Are you just trying to get me to snuggle with you, Cel? 'Cos you only have to ask, you know."

"No, I'm trying to be polite about you taking all of the duvet. And I have asked. Several times."

"Oh."

"..."

"For the record, I didn't take the duvet. I stole it!"

"Well un-steal it then! This tent is thin and my chitin is going to freeze up."

"It's literally gonna do no such thing. And you can't ask a dragon to un-steal something—you want the blanket, you gotta take it."

"Are you just trying to get me to snuggle with you, Smolder? Because you only have to ask, you know."

"... Fine. Come here then."

"Ouch! Watch the horns!"

"..."

"..."

"... Man, you're cold, 'Cel."

"You too."

"Hey! Why don't you turn into something really big and, I dunno, woolly or hairy? That way you'll be snug and cosy and I can... you know."

"Snuggle me for warmth?"

"Eh, sure, if you insist."

"Good idea. How about a bugbear?"

"Sure, I mean, what else, right?"

"Heh... Okay, here goes!"

"Wait! Remember to—

"Eek!"

"—change outside of the tent. Great."

"Aheh... Well, it's not like we need the tent right now. It's not supposed to..."

"... Rain..."

"..."

"..."

"... Come on, let's go gatecrash Yona's tent. And, uh, you might wanna change back first."

Author's Note:

Short update is short. But unexpected, right? Does it matter if it's short if it's unexpected?
(25 marks)




I had a few minutes whilst on a delayed train, so I thought I'd put out another chapter. I have a fairly strong dislike of dialogue-only pieces (I mean, you've seen how often I use scenery as a crutch for my prose, right?) so I thought I'd challenge myself to write one.

For the record, I still have a strong dislike of dialogue-only pieces.