• Published 21st Sep 2019
  • 970 Views, 10 Comments

You're in Equestria, Charlie Brown! - Strawberry Sunrise



Charlie Brown tries to kick the football and ends up in Equestria for some reason.

  • ...
2
 10
 970

Kick the Football, Charlie Brown!

“Not again,” thought Charlie Brown to himself as he stared at the football Lucy was holding out for him for the umpteenth time, “I know what you’re doing,” he said aloud.

“What’s that?” Lucy asked, feigning an innocent look.

“You know,” said Charlie Brown. “You’re going to pick it up and make me look foolish, just like every other time.”

“How do you know? Maybe this time will be different,” Lucy said. Then, to the crowd of other children that had begun to form around them, she yelled, “Blockhead here doesn’t think he can kick a dumb ball!”

“Well, you do have a history of…” Linus started to say, but Peppermint Patty cut him off.

“Kick the ball, Chuck!” she shouted. The other kids began to egg him on, too.

“Hurry up. I want to go sunbathe,” said Lucy. Charlie Brown’s class had gotten to take a trip to the beach as a reward for having the best grades in the school. But, of course, he couldn’t just relax and try to enjoy life for once. Lucy just had to pull the same old tricks she always did.

But then again... "What if it’s not a trick this time?” Charlie Brown thought. “What if this time it’s actually for real? What if I actually kick the ball out into the ocean? What if everybody looks at me and says, ‘Wow, this kid’s actually kind of cool’? Maybe they wouldn’t even call me ‘blockhead’ anymore!” His mind made up, Charlie Brown readied himself to run for the ball.

“You don’t have to do this, Charlie Brown,” Linus said. Then, to Lucy: “And you have it too close to the edge. If you do pull it away, he could fall into the ocean.”

For a very brief moment, Lucy seemed to be reconsidering, but then she said, “But I’m not going to pull it away,” with a slight smirk. This didn’t make Linus feel any better.

Not having paid attention to this exchange, Charlie Brown took one last look at the ball, a few feet away from a small cliff (about ten feet high) that overlooked the ocean, and began to run as quickly as he possibly could, without regard for the rapidly approaching drop-off.

Just as he was about to give the ball a mighty kick, Lucy pulled the ball away, as always. Too late to prevent it from happening, Charlie Brown flew up into the air and subsequently found himself falling farther than he’d expected, slamming into the water with a loud splash.

A couple of the children nervously laughed, but the rest merely looked expectantly at the spot where Charlie Brown had been submerged in the water. After fifteen or twenty seconds had passed with no sign of him, they began to get a little worried. Lucy looked shocked, already feeling bad about the stunt for once.

Another minute passed, and there was still nothing. “Someone should get the teacher, right now!” Linus shouted, breaking the stunned silence. But it was too late. The current was already carrying Charlie Brown farther out into the ocean.