• Published 23rd Sep 2019
  • 1,080 Views, 6 Comments

Into the Omniverse and Maybe Back - AnimeFan419



Twilight wants to redeem herself but when she meets another Teen named Ben Tennyson, it may be harder than it looks.

  • ...
3
 6
 1,080

The More Things Change: Part One

Seven years ago...

In a seemingly normal suburban town, there was a nine year old boy sitting on the steps in front of his house. The boy in question had brown hair, green eyes, brown military shaded pants, white tennis shoes and a white t-shirt with a black stripe in the middle. This young boy’s name was Ben Tennyson and he was in a sour mood today because he was going to have a babysitter. To make matters worse, he was going to be babysat with his cousin Gwen who was in fact, sitting right next to him.

The reason why they were so unhappy was because her parents were going out for the night as well. You could tell that the two were related because Gwen had the same green eyes, had short orange hair, a few freckles on her face, wore a dark blue cat shirt with a pair of light blue pants and dark blue tennis shoes.

They sighed unhappy of the outcome. As if on cue, both sets of parents came to say goodby and with them there was an older boy who looked just like Ben except that he had dark purple hair with pink highlights.

“Are you sure that you can handle these two? They can be quite the handful.” Asked one of the fathers while the other was distracted with the color of the babysitter’s hair.

“Kids these days. Why do they have to ruin their hair when it is perfectly fine?” The other parent complained.

“Actually, my hair is natural.” The older boy said.

“And what about the pink?”

“That is also natural.” The babysitter said. “Don’t worry about the kids, they are in perfectly safe hands and I even color coded a few charts so that we won’t repeat the same fun thing twice.” Gwen’s father then stared at the young teen who already had a long piece of paper in his hand.

“Okay you are qualified but don’t think twice because I still have my eye on you.” The babysitter was now smiling nervously since Ben’s father was now staring at him with a cold glare. Thankfully both moms stopped the man from causing a scene and the male adult only shook his head still believing that the teen was a delinquent.

“Okay than we will leave the kids in your hands.” Said Gwen’s father before getting in the car. Once the parents were gone the babysitter sighed in relief. He silently wondered how he keeps getting into these kind of nesses. In reality, the teen was dragged into the babysitting job by both sets of parents without his consent and he himself was actually Ben’s son from the future. His name was Kenny.

“So... what do you guys want to do first?” Kenny asked. For a while, things were starting to become awkward because the teen knew that he only reason he agreed to the babysitting job was because he needed to protect Ben from one of his future enemies. There were also some villains from Equis that were there to attack him too and their second priority was the world tree. He knew that it won’t be good if they succeeded because reality would shatter before anyone could blink. Speaking of, Kenny stared at the two children because it has been silent for a while now.

He was even sweating. Not only that but got even more awkward when the two cousins gave each other an angry glare. Kenny then sighed knowing that this was going to be a long night.

“Okay, you look and smell like Ben. Who are you really?” Gwen was the first to speak up catching Kenny of guard.

“Are you from the future or something?” This time it was Ben who spoke up.

“What makes you think that?” Kenny asked smiling nervously.

“Dad had to show you how to use the microwave.” Ben answered.

“Hey, I was the one who asked first!” Gwen said snapping at her cousin.

“No you didn’t dweeb.”

“Yes I did doofus!” The argument the continued on for a few minutes until Kenny finally said,“Enough!” Both Kids then stopped fighting and was surprised by the sudden outburst. Kenny then sighed and said,”Look, I know that you guys don’t see eye to eye but this reminds me of a story from my home country.”

“Your foreign?” Gwen asked now curious.

“Actually, I am part magic on my mother’s side.” Kenny admitted.

“Dude, aren’t we a little old for that?” Ben asked but was actually intrigued.

“Who says that we have to be a certain age to listen to a story?” That was when Kenny ordered the two to take a seat before the pair of cousins began to argue once more. The teen then began to clear his throat and began his tale. “In another galaxy far, far away there lived two royal sisters who were tasked to protect the world tree on a planet called Equis. The two regal sisters ruled the land together and created harmony for all the land. On Equis everyone is capable of performing a phenomenon of what most people would call magic.

In fact there were three types of magic, the first type is unicorn magic which allows people to create various types of magic such as teleportation and levitating other objects. The second type is pegesai magic which allows the user to fly and control the weather at will. Then there is the third type: Earth magic with allows the user super strength. It also allows the caster to grow all kinds of fruits and vegetables and some have the ability to make treats that did not need an expiration date. Not only that but people with this kind of magic also tend to have an extra sixth sense.

No matter what type of magic you perform, everyone was able to use these abilities depending on what their special talent is. However, there is a fourth type of magic that allows you to do all three and that was alicorn magic. In fact, royal sisters had this type of magic and since this type is considered very rare, anyone who had it was considered royalty and once you find out what type of magic you had as well as finding out what you can do with it, the user is awarded a special pin in order to represent the users special talent. In fact, the royal sister had a unique talent; the eldest used her powers to raise the sun while the youngest brought out the moon to begin the night. The two sisters were able to use their magic to bring balance to the world. However, as time went on, the youngest grew resentful because everyone would play during the day her sister brought fourth while shunning her beautiful night. Not only were the sisters responsible for raising the sun and moon, they are also responsible for guarding the world tree.

While guarding the tree one day a stranger came to town and convinced the youngest sister to rebel. At first she thought that the idea was ridiculous but became intrigued by it as the days passed by and even saw that her sister had the most attention. After a while, she began to scorn her sister even took the stranger’s advice. When the youngest’s sister tried to reason with her, she refused to lower the moon to make way for dawn. This turned the younger sister into a wicked sorceress of darkness: Nightmare Moon and vowed that she would shroud the land in eternal night. Reluctantly, the elder sister harnessed the most powerful magic of all: The Elements of Harmony.

Using the spell, she banished her sister and took responsibility for both sun and moon.” Once the story was over the two cousins only stared at Kenny.

“Dude, that is absolutely nuts. Do you really believe that you are from a magical realm?” Ben asked and was a bit skeptical about the whole idea while Gwen was fascinated.

“Some things just can’t be explained with simple science. One of my uncles had to learn that the hard way.” Kenny admitted. Kenny knew how Ben would react to alien but he wondered how he would react to magic but that was a story for the future.


Present day...

On the planet Equis, there were students busying themself by trying to get ready for the end of the school day. In the hallways the lockers were lined up perfectly except for one and the poor student who owned the locker saw that it was vandalized. It had the words “She Demond” written on it and the owner of the locker was shocked that someone would do such a horrible thing. The owner of the locker had purple hair that was tied into a bun with light purple highlights, her skin was also purple and she still wore the Crystal Prep uniform. She also had ears, wings and a tail that were visible.

Her name was Twilight Sparkle and it was clear that upset once she saw the horrible words written on her locker. Luckily, her friend Sunset Shimmer came in to comfort her along with the rest of her friends.

“Kids can be cruel.” Sunset said patting the poor girl’s shoulder.

“I know but I still wouldn’t trash someone’s locker even if they were a big meanie who tried to take over the school by draining everyone’s magic. No offense.” This time it was Pinkie Pie who seemed to appear out of nowhere. Of course Twilight was offended when the incident was brought up but she did not show it.

“None taken Pinkie.” Said Twilight.

“You’ll get used to it.” Sunset reassured and even patted her shoulder.

“I know but why does redemption have to be so hard?” Twilight whined. As if on cue, the group of friends were called to the world tree where Principal Celestial and Vice Principal Luna was waiting for them. While they were walking Twilight complained some more and said, “I mean they make it sound so easy in the comics.” Twilight was wearing her backpack and Sunset still could not explain how her backpack was able to fit so many things even if it were a world filled with magic. While Twilight was complaining, she gave Sunset a few comics to read and the one that she brought out was her favorite series: Ben 10.

At the office, Twilight saw that the rest of her friends were there and it seemed that some of them even knew why she was so upset.

“Well as the element of honesty, I have to say that nothing is ever easy.”

“I have to agree darling. It is going to take a lot of work.”

“Thanks, Apple Jack and Rarity but does anyone know why we were sent to the principal’s office in the first place? Twilight asked since she thought that this seemed to be a random time to be called to the principal’s office. That was when everyone’s question was answered when it was revealed that it was actually Trixie who called them here.

“Trixie?” The entire group said all at once.

“That is right and I, the great and powerful Trixie shall have my revenge!”

“Yeah but why?” Said Twilight who was just as confused as everyone else.

“Why? Why? Trixie will tell you why! She was about to have a higher level in education until you came along. Trixie was the smartest girl in school until you showed up and ruined her chances of getting a scholarship!”

“Look, I am sorry how things turned out but you can’t blame everything that goes wrong on me.” Twilight reason and not too long after, the group saw that the entire school was suddenly becoming black and white. “What’s going on?”

“I guess that since you are all going to die and that the world’s magic supply will be depleted pretty. I guess that Trixie will have to tell you. You see, a few friends of mine are on their way to the world tree draining it of this world’s magic faster than we can even speak and once you and your friends are out of the way than it is I who will be the ruler of Equis!” The magician said now laughing. That was when one of Twilight’s friends noticed that the color of their world was still being drain and they had to get to the world tree as fast as they could. The group spared no time getting to the world tree and that was when they saw that someone was draining its’ magic.

“Cozy Glow?” Said Rainbow Dash.

“Queen Crysalis.” Said Sunset.

“Sombra.” Said Fluttershy.

“Tirek?” Questioned Apple Jack until she saw that there was someone else at the tree as well. “Who are you?” The farmer said gasping in horror. The stranger was about to attack but luckily, Celestia and Luna was able to same her in the nick of time. Luna summoned a shield while Celestia summoned a sword and began to attack the enemy.

“Head to the world tree it should get you and everyone else to safety!” Luna shouted while trying to protect the group from physical harm. “I will hold him off, sister, you help the get to where they need to be. Celestia obeyed and brought then to an entrance that was inside the tree. Once there, the group saw that there was a single mirror inside.

“What’s that? A mirror?” Twilight asked a little bit confused.

“Not just any mirror, it is a gateway to a dimension called Earth.” The principal of the school explained. “Hurry before the enemy discovers this place.” Twilight was a bit hesitant to go and all of a sudden, Celestia was turned to dust and out came the person responsible. As a result, Twilight wanted to murder the man but Apple Jack had to hold her back and was even crying.

“Twilight, we have to go.” Said Apple Jack and they did just that. Twilight then touched the mirror and just like that they where gone. On the other side Twilight did not realize that her eyes were closed. Once open, she saw that she really was in another world separated from her friends.. The strangest part was that the place she was in looked so familiar. She knew that she was on Earth but she couldn’t help but wonder where she had seen this town before. She then tried to come up of a plan of what to do next until someone knocked right into her.

“Hey, watch where you are going!” Twilight yelled. She then rubbed her shoulder and soon enough three more people bumped into her. She helped in pain and she knew that being angry about it wouldn’t do her any good. After that fiasco, she soon found that she was now hungry and was glad to find a supermarket.

“Sorry ma’am but we don’t except that kind of currency here.” Said the shopkeeper once she was inside.

“Are you serious! You don’t except bits here but that is the only currency I have!”

“Sorry miss but those are the rules.”

“Fine, I guess that I am going to have to find someplace else to eat.” Suddenly, the shopkeeper felt bad.

“Look miss, you look like a nice young lady. Tell you what, I will throw in a free sandwich on the house but the next time that you come here, you have to pay.” Once Twilight heard that, she was delighted and excepted the offer. She then picked out the sandwich she wanted and went outside to where the park bench was so that she could eat.

“Thanks Mr. Shopkeeper and I promise that once I find a job, I will come here to buy all of my groceries.” She Said before actually leaving. The next thing that she did was is waving to the shopkeeper who waved back. The young lady soon found herself at the park and finally found an empty bench to sit on. Still, she wondered where she has seen that man before. He was so nice and yet he was familiar. However, while she was eating her lunch, she saw that there was a strange creature causing trouble. Once she saw it, Twilight was pretty sure that it was a dog until it began to growl at her.

“Oh come on, I just lost my home world and now this strange dog looks as though it wants to eat me.” She the began to make a run for it and the next thing she knew was that someone else fell to where she was sitting and the wooden bench broke as a result. “Oh come on! I don’t have time for this!” That was when she saw that the guy was unconscious and Twilight knew that she had to do something.

“I can’t believe that I am about to do this.” The dog then looked at Twilight and appeared to have a hungry expression when it growled at her. “Okay, nice doggie. You don’t want a bite of me or him because I am pretty sure that we both taste very bad.” Out of the blue, the dog began to attack and Twilight had no choice but to carry the stranger. She then moved him to a safer place. Once she was sure they were safe she started shaking him since she was worried.

“Mom, I don’t want to go to school.” The stranger groaned and Twilight was relieved to see that he was okay.

“Mister please get up before that dog finds you.” Twilight begged and even tried to shake him again once more. Not too long after the stranger was woke up right away. Twilight figure that this guy was trying to run away for a while because his entire outfit was torn to shreds and there was even some scars on his back. “Don’t worry, my talent is magic and I think that I have a healing spell that might help you.” Twilight then touched the stranger’s scar and healed it with her magic.

“Wow, thanks a bunch!” Said the stranger.

“Um, excuse me but aren’t you going to tell me your name?”

“Are you serious? How can you not know me? My name is Ben Tennyson and I have saved the universe several times!”

“Doesn’t ring a bell.”

“Seriously? I’m Ben 10!”

“And I am actually a windigo here to freeze the entire planet.” Twilight said trying to sound sarcastic not realizing that Ben was distracted.

“Wow! Are those things real?” Said Ben. The next thing Twilight knew was that Ben now began to touch then and the teenage girl was beginning to feel uncomfortable. Without thinking Twilight slapped Ben and the poor girl soon found herself blushing a bright tomato red.

“What were you thinking, you idiot! Those were very sensitive!” Twilight yelled and was now a bit embarrassed.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know!” Ben defended.

“Next time ask!” Twilight scolded only to find that the strange dog found them. That was when the two knew that they were in trouble. The dog cornered then and both teen soon found themselves embracing each other for dear life.