• Published 20th Sep 2019
  • 876 Views, 42 Comments

There's Magic in the Air - Clopficsinthecomments



Trixie is STILL a lonely mare. Sure, she was redeemed, made friends, saved Equestria - but the public is slow to forgive and finding a coltfriend has eluded her. However, while touring in Manehattan, she meets a cute reporter and that all changes

  • ...
7
 42
 876

Heart to heart


Jot - Day 6
He barely slept a wink.

Fitful and tossing-turning dreams kept him in a state of sudden re-awakenings, each time the clock glowing that it had only advanced a few slow minutes. When the clock finally rolled around to eight A.M., he’d had enough, rolling out of his bed and walking through his apartment.

But he couldn’t bear the idea of suffering in the small, unclean space either. More than anything else, he needed movement, energy, something — to keep the thoughts and questions away. An invisible leash seemed to pull him out of his home, through the sticky early-morning air and down the only slightly less-crowded streets of the city on a Sunday morning.

He couldn’t help but see his bold headline in so many hooves as he walked along. Some ponies were reading his article. Some had flipped along to other sections… but it had happened, his column was out there, in the wild. There was no going back.

His hooves already knew where they wanted to go, though his mind couldn’t believe what he was doing. It was stupid. Foolhardy. Destined for disaster.

Still, he headed toward the park. Toward her.

It wasn’t until he got within a few hoofball fields’ lengths from where he knew her to have parked her wagon that he slowed, found a picnic table, and plopped down heavily. His form slumped over the table with a sigh, his hooves digging into his cheeks as he let all of his weight rest on his elbows.

He could see the top of her wagon from here, off in the distance. Was this as close as he could get?

He knew he couldn’t go to her, not like this. Not after he’d just written that article. It would smack of a cloying attempt to get in her good graces, like money offered to a whorse. No, though it felt cowardly, this would be the best he could manage with Trixie — watching from afar, cheering her on, wondering what could have been.

Minutes ticked by.

Hours.

He blindly stared into the distance, head filled with emptiness, thoughts of his present situation spiraling off as he wondered what the mare might be doing at that moment, whether she’d seen the paper. It was somewhat more comfortable to think of such things, rather than the grim reality that awaited him — the end of his job, his prospects, prosperity.

For now sitting in the park, watching ponies walk by, hearing the sprinklers turn on and off, was enough.

Then suddenly, his vision went completely black.

“H-huh?”

He realized that a pair of hooves were covering his eyes quickly, and he stiffened in fear. A thug? Or maybe those mares, back to finish the job?

“S-so… you want to meet the real Trixie, hm?” The voice was whispered, weak, but unmistakable. He spun around instantly, the hooves falling away.

Standing before him was the mare herself, in all her shimmering glory. She stared up at him meekly from her seat on the ground, small tears forming in the corners of her eyes. It was hard not to notice the puffy, red eyes, and nostrils. Clearly, Trixie had not had a relaxing evening either.

“Yes… if she’ll let me.” Jot breathed, scarcely able to believe the mare before him was actually there.

“H-ha!” Trixie choked out, clearing her throat and touching her chest. “Th-the great and p-powerful… T-Trixie…” her words were coming out with so little confidence compared to their usual blustery ebullience that it pained him to hear. “... is obv-obviously s-so… *sniffle*... in-interest…” Whatever Trixie was trying to do to prevent herself from crying, it wasn’t working very well.

Jot watched as hot cheeks became wet ones, tears streaming from the poor unicorn’s face as she started to sob.

His heart took control of his body — wrapping the girl in a tight embrace, squeezing her firmly and rubbing her back. He felt her curling into him, muzzle pressing against his neck, her sobs coming harder and wetter now.

“Oh, J-jot… Trixie is… no, I am so sorry.”

“Shhh…. Shh…” Jot cooed, feeling tears trickling down that inner crevice of his face as he did so. “I’m the one who should be sorry.”

“I… I tried… *sob*... tried to push you… *hic*... away!” Trixie cries were muffled against his chest, making Jot only want to squeeze her in the hug even harder.

“It’s OK…”

“I… I’m… I’m so tired of being alone.” Her body heaved as she sobbed her confession.

Words wouldn’t do in this situation. They couldn’t. Jot took her by the shoulders, pushing her ever so slightly away from him so that he could see into her face, and the moment he could see her surprised, violet eyes, he plunged forward kissing her deeply. He watched her eyes flare and brighten with surprise, before melting into a droop and closing with happiness as she returned his kiss.

He felt her mouth open, letting him in more deeply, the passion of his kiss matching the love with which he pulled her to his breast once again. But there was no flurry of tongues or hooves, no lusty teenage-like pawing — just a contented, happy comfort, as stallion melted into mare and everything felt… right.

They stayed like that for a while, lips tickling one another’s snouts, little squeezes of reassurance here and there, as their bodies communed in silence, conveying between their hearts what their words never could.

When their kiss broke, Jot felt Trixie snuggle into him even more closely, with a happy sigh and a little sniffle following. Jot sank back onto the picnic bench, bringing Trixie into his lap as he did so, wrapping his wings around her protectively, a little bundle of love in their cruel world.

Their tears had stopped now. Little giggles and grins appeared on Trixie’s face, and Jot found himself unable to restrain his mirth. But they didn’t need words. Not right now.

He had no idea how long they stayed like that, Trixie’s hoof playing with his chest fur as she snuggled into his neck, his feathers stroking her back, their tails swaying and intertwining with one another. It was like they were in a deep pool of joy — all other sensations drowned out, the pain of the world muted by the depth of their happiness.

But slowly, they began to rise to the surface. Their drunken happiness replaced by nervous excitement, adrenaline began to surge inside his body, his cheeks flushing as his conscious mind began to register just how intimate he was with such a fantastically beautiful mare, deeper arousals building in his gut.

“So…” Jot whispered, his voice feeling dry and crackly, harshly shattering the spell, as he began to lift Trixie off of him, gingerly placing her on the ground.

“Mmm…” Trixie mewled, sadly stepping out of the cocoon of warmth he’d created for her with a small pout. She blinked and smiled at him, tilting her head expectantly. “So?”

Jot blushed, shuffling his wings back to either side of his body and scratching the back of his head. He was terrible at this sort of thing. His hope that their cathartic moment would have bestowed some suave self-assuredness vanished. But she was looking at him with so much love! What should he say!?

“Umm… so, h-how about th-that date… and getting to know the r-real Tri—" Jot paused, noticing that Trixie’s grinning smirk and playful shake of her head was indicating that he had put his hoof in his mouth.

“You really are such a wuss, Jot.” Trixie giggled, covering her mouth and shaking her head at him again.

“H-hey!” Jot blushed, embarrassed at being called out. But Trixie shushed him by placing a hoof against his chest, right up against his pounding heart.

“You’re so nervous!” Trixie seemed to be marveling at the pounding organ.

“I’m not—"

“It’s cute.” Trixie smiled at him seductively. “You’re trying to be such a gentlecolt. But if I need to take the lead… well, I’m happy to play aggressive mare.”

Trixie turned and trotted a few steps away, then paused and looked over her shoulder. “Are you coming, Jot? I thought you wanted to know the real Trixie.” The eyebrow waggle and bedroom eyes made the lump in Jot’s belly feel twice as large. Trixie’s flicking tail wasn’t helping matters either.

“You’re not getting out of this one, Jot.” She grinned with a predatory smile and a wiggle of her rear.

That made him chuckle. ‘She wants me.’ The thought was exciting, encouraging. It filled him with confidence.

He smiled back. “This is going to be fun.”

“You have no idea.”



Author's Note:

Are you enjoying the story?

Throw me a like and a comment if you are!


D'aww... looks like things are going to work out after all!

Those two cute pones are probably headed back to Trixie's wagons for some smooches. Now if you're looking for the 18+ version of what could happen... click HERE.

The NSFW version of the story will be uploaded soon after the SFW version goes up!