• Published 19th Feb 2020
  • 2,028 Views, 45 Comments

Embrace your Destiny - Ocelot the Devil



I just wanted to go to a convention and collect Kingdom Hearts stuff... now I'm in Equestria as Kairi from Kingdom Hearts II and wielding Destiny's Embrace. Oh, well... time to save the world or whatever.

  • ...
9
 45
 2,028

Chapter 4 - Everything is NOT okay!

Deep breaths… five.

Preparation… four.

Hard glare at the tornado of evil yellow eyes… three.

Approaching… two.

LET’S DO THIS… ONE!

(The tide charged at me as I jumped back a little bit but was safe for only for a minute… said monsters swung back into the air and once more prepared to clash straight into where I was.)

Preparing myself with my weapon, I took a deep breath as the tide came crashing down onto me…

…only to jump and swung my key-shaped sword at the monsters. I successfully managed to bust out of the death trap in time. Landing a couple of feet away, I grinned for a moment – not so tough now, are you evil vortex?

Unfortunately, my moment of triumph was interrupted by a huge explosion that occurred behind me. Next thing I knew – hundreds of those shadowy monsters were falling from the sky. Crap, I hope Fluttershy or nobody else is around to see this.

Using my weapon as an umbrella for defense, I managed to block *THUD!* several of the *THUD!* small buggers as they *THUD!* landed onto the ground! *THUD!* Phew… last of them.

But now I had a new problem… the buggers were on the ground and they were alive – I still had to stop before they started to do some serious damage or worst-case scenario – hurt anyone!

Said monsters began to surround me as I got into a defensive/assault position with my weapon still at hand – keep calm and try your best to stop them, Kairi…

Two/three jumped up and charged forward only to meet the steel of my key-shaped weapon – with a vertical slice, I cut the buggers in half as they disintegrated into black smoke. Whoa… not gonna lie, I honestly didn’t expect that to work!

Moment of triumph was unfortunately interrupted as I felt one of those ants jumped onto my back and scratching my exposed skin. Gritting my teeth in pain, I started to shake and the little monster landed on the ground before I destroyed it.

I felt pain as blood began to pour out from my wound… ouch… that hurts like hell. No time to bandage it up though… monsters first and then heali- OH… shit… that hurts like hell.

Ugh, never mind – combat had resumed as I took another pair of the shadowy ants with my weapon. There were some ups-and-downs:

- I managed to defeat a couple of them;
- But I gained a couple more wounds – on my legs, arms and even one of forehead and cheek.

I hate to say it but I’m officially one step close to looking like an actual zombie – well, technically human but with these scars… actually, more like a torture doll… but never mind that now.

More shadows were running towards my location as I got once more into a- AHHH! Everything… fucking… hurts!

I fell to my knees almost immediately and began to breathe heavily – son of a bitch… these wounds aren’t really making my job in fighting the ants easier. Ugh, everything hurts so bad. I tried getting up to fight but it was no use. Seeing that this was going to be the end, I closed my eyes almost immediately as the end was about to come for me.

“Get away from her right now, you ants!” An unknown voice yelled as I opened my eyes to see all of the monsters that were about to attack me being disintegrated into smoke by a mysterious source of purple light. What happened and where did it come from?

(Trying my best to get up, I failed miserably due to all the blood that was leaking from my wounds… plus, I beginning to feel tired… Ugh, not now…)

“Take it easy… you’ve been wounded pretty badly. Here, let me help.” The voice spoke once more as a green light engulfed my entire body for a moment or two.

When it was gone, I didn’t feel any pain… my scars and the bleeding… they were gone! I couldn’t believe it… it was just like magic! I wonder who-

“Phew… that was close. Thank goodness my spells still work… you okay?” The voice asked me as I looked up to see a purple unicorn with a lavender indigo-colored mane, violet eyes and a purple tail. Like with Fluttershy, there was a tattoo on her body that depicted a pink six-pointed star that was surrounded by five other small ones. There was a smile of relief on her face – no doubt due to saving me from those shadows.

No point in being rude – she did save me after all… wait, another pony with her tattoos being related to stars… this must be Twilight – one of Fluttershy’s friends.

“Y-yeah… I’m fine. Thanks for the assist.” I told her as I got up very easily and stretched myself to calm down after fighting all those little ants.

“It’s no trouble… I saw the fight from a mile away and came to assist right away… plus I needed to check and see if one of my friends are alright – say, by chance: is a pegasus by the name of Fluttershy okay? I’m really scared that she might have gotten hurt due to those creatures attacking…” She questioned me and I couldn’t help but notice that she was very concerned about her friend… then again, I would be as well if any of my close ones were in danger.

“She’s fine… don’t worry about it. I managed to protect her from those things… whatever they are.” I replied as Twilight looked at me with a confused look.

“Wait… you don’t know who or what those things are… actually, wait – who are you? I’ve never seen someone like you before… in fact, you don’t really seem familiar at all. Who are you exactly?” Twilight questioned as a curious look was displaced on her face.

Man, she certainly asks a lot of questions – kind of like a scholar or scientist. Strange world I’ve found myself on…

Still, no shame in keeping quiet about myself – with a deep breath, I was prepared to answer…

…only for a huge earthquake to occur at this very moment – what’s going on!?

“Whoa! What’s happening!?” Twilight yelled as we began to look around for the cause of the quake – who or what is responsible for it?

“I dunno!” I replied just as I saw several pieces of strange purple-like armor falling from the sky and heading straight for the town.

Gasping immediately, I pointed at the pieces. “Look!” My scream alerted Twilight who turned around and her jaw dropped opened.

(The pieces had eventually descended upon the town as I could honestly hope that it wasn’t related to the- Oh, this is just dandy…)

Said pieces connected together to produce a strange robot-like armor that was very tall… and scary. Oh, boy… wait, that thing on his chest: it seemed like a reddish-black heart. And it was very familiar to me for some reason…

Unfortunately, I couldn’t deal with my memory stare right now as it began to attack the entire town – fires were spawned and populace was beginning to scream.

“Oh, no! That thing is gonna destroy Ponyville!” Twilight told me with a scared expression on her face.

As for me, my face went from surprise to stern determination – I had to stop that thing before it destroyed the entire town. I don’t know why but I feel like I’m the reason that these creatures came… and as such its my duty to stop them.

With my mind made, I began to run ahead towards the town much to Twilight’s surprise. “H-hey! Where are you going!?” She questioned me but I didn’t respond as I continued to run towards Ponyville.

Gotta head there and save lives… ain’t nobody gonna die… not on my watch! With my weapon in tow, nothing was going to stop me! Not even- Wait, Twilight!?

Said unicorn had caught up with me as I continued to run towards the town. “Listen, I don’t know what you’ve got planned but I’m telling you that it’s a bad one! What are you even planning to do – take that thing all by yourself!?” She questioned me.

“Whatever it takes… I have to save those ponies from becoming food for those monsters or getting killed by them.” I replied while running as Twilight sighed heavily. “Look… ummm… what’s your name exactly?” She asked me.

“Kairi. It’s Kairi.” I told her as both of us continued to run while holding our conversation.

“Okay… Kari, was it?” She asked me but I shook my head and responded. “Kai-ri. Kai and ri. Understood?” I questioned.

Twilight nodded after a few seconds of silence. “I think I’ve got it… but in any event, this is too dangerous for you! You are literally walking into your death!” She told me.

“I can’t just sit by on the stands and let innocents die! I’m not that kind of person, Twilight!” I told her before realizing I accidentally blurted her name out much to her surprise.

“W-wait… how did you know my name?” She asked me to which I responded immediately. “Your friend Fluttershy told me… in fact, she explained a couple of things to me… but that’s not important right now!”

“Kairi! This is too dangerous for you – at least let me help you!” Twilight protested but I didn’t want to accept her offer at all.

“No offense, Twi… but I don’t want to see you nor anyone else get hurt! Besides, we’ve just met… for all we know I might be a bad guy or something that could hurt you.” I told her as Twilight looked at me and sighed heavily.

“Kairi, I’m going to help you… whether you want to or not… we’ve met just now, yes. But I feel like you are someone that can be trusted… if Fluttershy told you some very important things, that means that she hasn’t deemed you as a threat. So I’m asking you to let me help you… please.” Twilight pleaded but I shook my head.

“Why, Twilight – we’ve just met and already you act like you trust me… so, why?” I asked as she looked at me and smiled. “Because… as a good friend of mine once told me: never judge a book by its cover. Kairi, let me do my best to assist… please.” She pleaded with me.

Never judge a book by its cover… I used it a couple of times since arriving in Equestria and so far it hasn’t disappointed me. Prime examples are Fluttershy and her pet rabbit Angel… but Twilight?

I had no clue… so, the question was – should I trust Twilight or handle this on own? My key-shaped weapon was still in my hand but would it be enough for me to defeat that robot-like armor that is still attacking the city?

Maybe Twilight was right… maybe I do need some help with this. A second hand could be useful in diffusing the situation before some serious damage happened… screw it, might as well take the risk.

With a heavy sigh, I responded. “Alright, Twi… just stay close to me. We’ve gotta take care of that thing before it destroys the entire town.” I just hope that I wasn’t going to regret it later when/if the body counts begin to rise up.

“We have to… also, I’ve got a lot of questions for you when we are done. For now, let’s focus on this.” She told me as I nodded.

“Right.” After which, I closed my mouth shut – she definitely deserved the answers to her questions… but they would be answered as soon as we took care of that giant robot-like armor.

Upon reaching the center of Ponyville, to our horror the robot was destroying houses and unleashing more of those strange ant-like monsters with a slam of his fist and via a strange purple-like corridor that was formed onto the ground.

Taking a close look at the robot-like armor, I began to make certain notes of its description for each part:

Its head was diamond-shaped and white with purple eyes set in an angry expression. The front of its body was adorned with a large, yellow, U-shaped additive with white edges lined by four shirt spikes. Its "neck" was thin, white, and curls forward. The Heart-like symbol was printed on the end of the neck. On either side of the neck, it had two white "arms" that end in white, triangular blades, each with a red stripe on them;

The torso was cone-shaped and white with red, spiked additives decorating it. The Heart-like emblem was also decorated there - on its front while its base was white with red lining. I saw a couple of armguards and two shoulder pauldrons – also thick, dark blue four-fingered hands as well.

Lastly, its legs resembled a set of three, segmented, white legs with whitish-gray joints while each leg ends in triangular, blue feet.

Overall, I hate to admit it… but this things… scares me… really interesting thing is that it looks familiar to me – this robot yet where have I seen it before…?

Getting into a defensive pose, I took a look at Twilight who was ready for the fight of her life. “Okay, Twi… any idea on how we can take this thing down before it literally destroys the entire town?” I asked her as the unicorn was still in her attack pose.

“No idea… I’ve never even seen this thing before let alone encountered one! I guess… try to avoid it as best we can and find a way to take it down before things get really messy?” She suggested as I sighed heavily.

“Well, not the worst idea I’ve- Watch out! We’ve got company!” I yelled as shadows began to surround us. Twilight’s eyes widened in surprised but soon turned to seriousness as we both looked at each other and nodded.

“Ready?” I asked her to which she nodded.

“Let’s do this!” She replied and started shooting purple beams at the ants while I started slashing and disintegrating them. Fair easy challenge… although, I shouldn’t get cocky and let them start scratching me.

Speaking of that, one managed to get up onto Twilight’s back much to my surprise. “Twi, look out!” I yelled and sliced that bugger in half as it disintegrated into dust.

Said unicorn saw what I did and sighed in relief. “Thanks… I owe you one.” She told me as I nodded.

“No prob… now let’s finish these little shadows once and for all!” I told her with a confident smile.

With a nod, she replied back. “Right!” We both started to fight the shadows yet again. The battle continued on-and-on as I slashed some with my weapon while Twilight disintegrated them with her magic beams.

I was very close to getting scratched once more yet Twilight was able to destroy the shadows via beams and vice versa with my weapon. A few destroyed ants later and this battle had ended in our favor.

Breathing heavily, I was still holding onto my key-shaped weapon as I kneeled a little bit to catch my breath. Twilight was besides me as she used her hoof to wipe some sweat off her face. “The battle is half-way over… you *breathing* weren’t that bad Kairi… you fight well.” She complimented with a smile on her face.

I smiled back at her. “Thanks Twi… although its not over yet. We’ve still got a large robot-like creature to take care though.” I reminded her as she nodded.

“Right… and speaking of that, here it comes!” She warned as we both saw the robot landing in front of us. You know, I haven’t really admitted it – but that thing really scares me (its height particularly). It was very tall: more so than these homes and stores.

The robot got into a fighting pose and so did we – let’s finish that thing once and for all! The first move that it performed was charging straight at us but I blocked it via my weapon just as Twilight launched a magic beam at the legs. The next thing we knew he clasped his hands as a large number of fireballs were sent towards – luckily, Twilight summoned a barrier to protect us.

As its attacks had ended, we took our opportunity and started to attack its legs first. I applied some heavy hits while Twilight casted her own brand of fire as well as several other spells that I failed to notice. Unfortunately, our time was up as the robot kneeled on both its feet…

…only to summon a huge laser beam from its torso which was spinning around and around. Luckily, Twi set up a barrier to protect us both until the laser stopped… which it did a few moments later. That allowed us to attack the legs yet again.

Seconds later, we had destroyed the legs – so far so good… all that was left was the torso and head. Unfortunately, at this moment said robot began to jump and create shockwaves which hit us both back a few feet away. To our luck, we weren’t that injured only covered with dust. Getting up quickly, we ran over to the robot once again and began to attack the torso.

More fire balls were conjured and were sent into the air in a strange rain-like attack. Luckily, Twi’s barrier spell was conjured to protect us from any falling projectiles – gotta make a note to ask her about that spell though…

After the last fireball was conjured and landed onto the ground, we rush back towards the robot which disconnected immediately. What’s going on? Was it giving up?

Unfortunately, my answer wasn’t the one that I was looking for as the torso appeared on the opposite side of the battlefield while the head on was staring at us. Suddenly, a magical surge arc was conjured as Twilight casted another barrier to protect us.

The components began to spin around in a circle along with the surge in the hopes of hitting us… which they failed miserably due to Twilight’s protection barrier. Said surge eventually disappeared as we both agreed to attack the parts separately:

- I handled the head;
- Twi took the torso.

Said battle continued on for a little while longer but we eventually destroyed the torso and focused on the head completely. After much slashing and spell casting, we had delivered a huge blow to the head which began to shake heavily.

(Twi and I were curious if we had indeed defeated the robot completely as the shaking continued for quite a while longer. We got our answer as the robot’s head disintegrated into smoke completely and then it disappeared along with the rest of the fallen body parts.)

With a deep breath released and a smile on my face, Twilight and I could rejoice…

…we had won this battle.

(Meanwhile…)

“Well, well, well… seems like our precious cosplayer is one hell of a fighter. Yes, this will be most enjoyable indeed…” This voice belonged to no other than the mysterious masked individual who was responsible for sending the armor and the shadows to Ponyville.

In the last hour, she was watching Kairi and Twilight battling the shadows along with the robot. Even though, the battle had been won by the heroes – the female with the bodysuit wasn’t mad. If anything, she was ecstatic and grinning with anticipation.

Turning off her projector after the fight had ended, she got off her throne once more and pulled out her left hand as gust of darkness filled around it just as a key-shaped weapon was conjured:

Its blade was a complete crystal while the teeth was a pink half-star. The handle was colored pink while and it bared two dark wings – lastly, the Keychain resembled a six-point pink star.

The surprising thing about this weapon was that its form and shape resembled the one that ‘Kairi’ was wielding during the battle! Whatever this masked individual was planning for the ponies or Kairi… it wouldn’t good.

“You aren’t the only one that is wielder, Kairi/Mina… enjoy what precious time you have left… because soon I’ll be the one to disrupt your little peace… along with that Keyblade of yours… best prepare, Princess…” The individual warned before she erupted in laughter once again.

Her entire hilarity could be heard all around the cave that she was using as a temporary hideout… nobody else heard it.

Things were definitely going to get interesting… not just for Kairi but for Equestria as well. The girl had better watch out…

…and expect the unexpected!

Author's Note:

Author’s Notes: Don’t own Kingdom Hearts nor My Little Pony – they belong to Hasbro and Tetsuya Nomura! I just own the idea for the story.