• Published 19th Feb 2020
  • 2,058 Views, 45 Comments

Embrace your Destiny - Ocelot the Devil



I just wanted to go to a convention and collect Kingdom Hearts stuff... now I'm in Equestria as Kairi from Kingdom Hearts II and wielding Destiny's Embrace. Oh, well... time to save the world or whatever.

  • ...
9
 45
 2,058

Chapter 14 – An Investigation Begins…

*The opening intro begins as a shadowy figure watches the sunrise over the horizon with a key-shaped weapon in her hands.*

*Boom goes the dynamite, Feels like I'm taking flight…*

*The sun rises high in the air as it dissolves the shadow surrounding the mysterious figure.*

*Alright, alright, alright…*

*The shadowy figure is revealed to be Kairi who stands on a cliff and awaits for the day to begin. As the sun rises, she flicks her hair a bit and smiles before jumping down to start the day as the current scene ends.*

*Everything is magical, Anything is possible…*

*A new scene shows Kairi and her pony friends fighting against the unknown black creatures known as the Heartless.*

*Alright, alright, alright…*

*A couple of Heartless appear behind Fluttershy before jumping in the air to attack them only for Twilight Sparkle to use her horn to blast them away.*

*Oooh! Feels so electric, Oooh! I'm gonna get it…*

*Rainbow Dash and Applejack both combine their skills and powers to take down as few Heartless – mainly Rainbow using her wings while Applejack her lasso.*

*Oooh! Feels so electric, Alright, alright, alright…*

*Rarity uses her horn on some of the creatures while Pinkie Pie pulls out her cannon to shoot some Heartless.*

*I am who I wanna be! Who, I wanna be! Who, I wanna be!*

*In the end, Kairi struck down the last of the creatures before staring at the moon at the night sky as the scene ended.*

*I am moving to the beat! Moving to the beat! Moving to the beat!*

*The next scene shows Midnight-Vanitas in her temporary hideout as she spies on Kairi and the ponies via a special kind of mirror projector.*

*I'm a strong individual, feelin' that power! I'm so original, you sing it louder!*

*Midnight-Vanitas turns off the projection before taking off her masked helmet just as the scene is completely shadowed and only her evil light purple eyes are shown before closing.*

*I am… Who, I wanna be! Who, I wanna be! Who, I wanna be… I am!*

*A new scene shows Kairi in casual clothes and Twilight Sparkle exploring the city of Manehatten while Midnight-Vanitas spies on them via a rooftop.*

*I'm a, I'm a go-getter, I'm on that trendsetter… Alright, alright, alright!*

*Smiling underneath her masked helmet, she looked away from them before staring at the big building in the far distance – The Public Mall. A trap was set for them over there as the scene ended.*

*See me in the headlines! I am one of a kind! Making' everything shine… Alright, alright!*

*The next scene shows Kairi and Twilight taking on the Heartless inside the Public Mall while Midnight-Vanitas awaits in the shadows to make her move.*

*I am who I wanna be, Who, I wanna be, Who, I wanna be!*

*Once the Heartless are all gone, Midnight comes out of the shadows to challenge Kairi and Twilight.*

*I am moving to the beat… Moving to the beat… Moving to the beat (oooh)!*

*Kairi and Midnight’s Keyblades clash together while Twilight charges her horn to attack the masked female from behind. As the intro song nears to an end, the scene dissolves.*

*I'm a strong individual, feelin' that power! I'm so original, you sing it louder!*

*The final scene shows Kairi and her pony friends getting ready to take a picture together with smiles on their faces. Photo Finish tells them to get into position before snapping the photo.*

*I am… Who, I wanna be… Who, I wanna be… Who, I wanna be…*

*The song reaches its end as the words: Embrace your Destiny! – appear in yellowish-white. Leaning on them is a confident and smiling Kairi with her Keyblade at the ready!*

*I AM!*

Chapter 14 – An Investigation Begins…

I won’t bore you with the details of how the rest of my day went after we finished up with the whole ‘Adventure with Kairi 2.0’ – all I could tell you was that I wanted to get something to eat, watch the first episode of Stargate Universe and then head off to bed.

In the dreamscape, I explained the situation to Princess Luna who was both amused and intrigued by the whole thing – but the attention was directed to the parallel version of Equestria.

I reflected on my conversation with Luna in my dreamscape.

“A parallel Equestria? Sounds interesting, young Kairi.”

“It was a surprise to me as well. Were you aware of it…?”

“Not really… though I don’t deny the multiverse theory. I presume you know what that is, correct?”

“A theory in which there exist a number of parallel universes in our Solar System.”

“Correct.”

“Is it possible that there are more universes than ours and my double’s?”

“It’s possible – not yet proven but possible. We’d best keep our eye out for any signs. So, what else did you discuss with your double?”

“A lot of things but the good news is I’ve learned what my real name is – Mina. Nothing else comes to mind from my memories.”

“I see… should I refer to you as Mina or Kairi from now on though?”

“Whichever you decide, Princess. I won’t mind.”

“Hmmm. I’ll keep calling you Kairi.”

“Of course. Anyways, after the adventure ended – Twilight and I came back, watched an episode from my double’s spare laptop, tested out my Keyblade armor, ate and then headed off to bed. So, yeah… it’s been quite a ride.”

“I’ll say. It sounds like you and Twilight Sparkle had a good time in the parallel Equestria. I hope I do get to meet your double and this alternate version of myself… and bonk Celestia in the head.”

“I’ll see what I can do to introduce you… How are things on your end? Any luck with tracking down the Vanitas wannabe?”

“The who?”

“The masked figure. According to my double, she calls her a ‘Vanitas wannabe’.”

“Weird name but I won’t question it. As for your answer, no luck so far. She moves around from one area to another. No matter how effective my tracking spells are, I just can’t seem to pinpoint her exact location.”

“I see… so she did disappear again after we fought her off.”

“Your double and you?”

“Yep.”

“I see. I’ll keep trying to track her down as best I can… no promises.”

“Very well… What about your sister though? Can’t she help up out?”

“I… To be honest, Kairi – something is very wrong with Celestia.”

“How so?”

“She is acting out of character and whenever I bring up the issue involving the Heartless and the masked figure, she just tells me that everything will be alright. It’s almost as if she’s being calm about this whole ordeal.”

“Maybe she’s just being under a lot of stress?”

“I’m not certain.”

“What do we do?”

“I’ll keep an eye on my sister and see what exactly is wrong with her behavior. In the meantime, keep this to yourself.”

“But… Shouldn’t I tell Twilight this? She deserves to know.”

“And she will know… but for now we need to know more about this. Keep fighting the Heartless if any appear on our land. I’ll start my own inquiry as to why my sister is acting the way she is now.”

“I… But…”

“Kairi… please trust me. We’ll explain everything to Twilight but once we have a better understanding of the situation. I’m still not entirely sure what is the matter with my sister.”

“…Very well. I’ll do my best to keep my trap shut. I just hope you know what you’re doing, Princess.”

And that was it. The question that remained for the rest of the night was – how was I going to keep everything that Luna requested a secret from Twilight? I wanted to tell my friend that there was something wrong with Celestia…

It’s not that I didn’t trust Princess Luna but sometimes we have to come clean with the truth and live with the consequences. What am I supposed to do now…

Tell Twilight the truth or keep my mouth shut until the princess figures things out? Ugh, this is going to give me a headache.

Night had passed quickly into morning and soon I was at the table enjoying some breakfast alongside Fluttershy who was asking how I’m doing so far.

“Still sleepy.” I answered and blocked out a yawn.

My breakfast was scrambled eggs and some toast while Fluttershy ate some oatmeal.

“You didn’t sleep well?” Fluttershy asked but I shook my head.

“Nah, I slept well… just… having a lot on mind at the moment. About yesterday and my double.” I answered, half-lie and half-truth.

“Ah, I see.”

I nodded and continued to eat my eggs. My mind was still on what to do about Twilight and keeping the secret about her mentor.

“What’s your plan for today, Flutters?” I asked.

Fluttershy placed a hoof on her chin to think. “I plan to feed my animals and head into town to buy some food. What about you?”

“I’ll be… training, I guess. Not sure yet.” I answered with a shrug.

In truth, I had no plans for today. All except for training and whatnot… might give me a chance to see how tough my armor can be. And if the Heartless show up, I’ll be on stand-by to prevent the attack.

Once breakfast was over, Fluttershy wished me goodbye and left the house. Whelp, time to get started on my training regiment. I think I’ll try with some trees in the backyard.

Activating my armor, I stepped outside via the backdoor and walked to a nice secluded area where I wouldn’t be disturbed. Summoning my Keyblade, I began hitting a couple of trees in their weak spots. Besides training my physical attacks, I also used magic in my arsenal - fire and ice.

I had gotten the hang of using the spells and was casting them without any problems whatsoever. Speaking of that, a new mental note was written in my head to ask Twilight for other types of spells.

My small training regiment lasted for nearly an hour and soon I collapsed onto the ground while in my armor. I feel so tired all of a sudden… is it because of the armor or the fact I was wearing myself down due to attacking the trees?

Dismissing the armor away, I wiped some sweat off my face and felt lighter - yep, it’s definitely my protective attire. It’s taking some of the energy out of my body… although it's nothing I can’t handle.

Laying on the ground for the next couple of minutes, I contemplated my next course of action - continue with some training or find something else to do…

As I slowly got up and stretched my arms, I started to walk away only to feel a familiar set of glowing eyes watching me from the bushes. Oh, fuck! Heartless!

Summoning the Keyblade, I immediately blocked an attack from… a wolf Heartless? Several more came out of the bushes and started to incircle me.

Not good… I better get back in my armor now! Donning it quickly, I got into position as the wolves prepared to scratch my arm or bite me. Luckily, the armor protected me.

With the Keyblade in my hands, I easily eliminated the wolf-like Heartless yet wasn’t ready to dismiss my weapon yet. More Heartless would be showing up soon and I had to prepare for when they showed up.

A quick check on the armor for any scratches or dents… so far, there were none. Good to know… guess my double really made this indestructible.

Soon, the second wave of Heartless had arrived as I prepared my Keyblade. These ones were dressed like knights with swords. What an irony - knights were supposed to be chivalrous and brave… yet instead I’m facing off against monsters that were shaped like them. I’m sure there’s a silver lining to this somewhere.

Nonetheless I pressed on and battled the knight-styled Heartless. Some of them slashed the armor but it didn’t cause any cracks… lucky me. After that I began casting Fire at a couple of them along with combining physical attacks.

Eventually, the Heartless had been vanquished and I let out a sigh of relief. I was lucky that I had my armor to keep me safe otherwise I’d be back in the bed and waiting for someone to wake me up.

Dismissing my armor, I let out a soft sigh before standing up. I think it’s high time I begin to track down the Vanitas wannabe… find out who she really is and what her connection is to me.

For this mission though, I headed straight for the library to ask for Twilight’s help. Have to remember not to mention anything about her mentor since Luna’s still handing her own brand of investigation.

(Few minutes later - Golden Oaks Library…)

“Wait, wait, wait… you wanna do what?” Twilight asked me for what was probably the upteenth time.

When I arrived, I found her going through some books on different worlds and alternative dimensions… possibly due to the arrival of my double. I didn’t question it and just moved onto the main topic at hand.

“You heard me right, Twi. I’m heading off to investigate any possible signs of where the Vanitas wannabee might be located.”

Twilight just blinked and stared at me as if I was crazy. “Pardon my yelling, Kairi… but are you crazy!?!?!?”

I rubbed my ears due to how loud Twilight was. “I’m not crazy. I’m being serious… someone has to find out what her intentions are and get to the bottom of this mystery. Plus, I’m the one who has the Keyblade.” I reminded her.

Twilight just shook her head. “It’s still too dangerous for you, Kairi. You can’t just go off on your own and explore. What if you run into the female Vanitas and get yourself killed? How will I explain that to Fluttershy?”

“Okay… First of all, relax - I’ll be fine. I have the Keyblade with me and I trained with you yesterday. Second, I’ll just be investigating… nothing more. I won’t get into any trouble, Twi. Relax.” I assured her.

But sadly she wasn’t having any of it. “No. Kairi, you aren’t going… not alone at least. I’ll come with you.”

“Are you sure? It’s going to be dangerous.” I reminded her yet she was adamant in her decision, as told by the serious expression on her face.

Having no energy in my brain left to argue and protest, I just resigned to her decision and nodded. “Very well.”

Twilight was satisfied with my reply. “Good. We’ll leave in the morning. First though, we’ll have to think of a place where the female Vanitas could be hiding.”

A good point with one minor complication - we don’t know where to look first. Might need a map for this…

“Okay, two things - one, we need a map to determine all of the places in which she might strike next. The second is a location - where exactly could she be heading next?” I told Twilight who nodded and went to fetch a map.

Let’s hope that Lady Luck will be with us once the investigation begins tomorrow… and help us find out where the Vanitas wannabe will be striking next.

Here’s to hoping we’ll be victorious in the end!

*The outro sequence opens with Kairi watching the night sky from her bedroom window while the song ‘Rurou no Zakuro’ plays in the background.*

*Migite ni ai no muchi wo, Hidarite niwa hanataba wo…*

*Yet another day has passed for the wielder here in Equestria – she spent the day fighting against another group of Heartless but she was tired completely soon afterwards.*

*Kodama ni mimi wo tatete, Hayate no gotoku tondeku…*

*With a sigh released, Kairi continues to stare at the night sky while wondering what other adventures she would be having in Equestria as this scene comes to an end.*

*Kanashiki senjou de, Nani wo omoi nani wo omou…*

*A new scene begins with Midnight-Vanitas inside her temporary hideout as she practices her skills on some training dummies that she conjured.*

*Yamunaku hitoribocchi, Samui yoru ni kogoeru…*

*Using her Keyblade, she slashed and destroyed a couple of them before channeling her inner darkness and growing stronger and stronger.*

*Yami wo sasu Hikari, Yodomi ni ukabu ano hitomi…*

*Midnight used a couple of spells to destroy the rest of the dummies in addition to using her Keyblade as a weapon as well. Once done, she dismissed the key-shaped item away before plotting her next move.*

*Aa hito to yure no sadame wo iku, Rurou no Zakuro!*

*With her mind made up, she snapped her fingers and disappeared into the darkness as the entire scene became black.*

*Nanimo shiranu furi shite, Damasareta furi wo shite…*

*The final scene shows Kairi and her pony friends having fun in the local park – playing and having a picnic. Soon, a local photographer asks for them to get into position as he prepares to take a picture.*

*Kuroi eikou nowa nakatta, Nani wo au no wo kirashite…*

*The photographer snaps the picture which depicts Kairi, Twilight and the rest of their friends making silly faces and posing for the camera. The song comes to a conclusion.*

*Sono kage wo yurashite, Sorera yukusue wo monogataru!*

*Everything goes black as the title ‘Embrace your Destiny!’ appears once again while a pair of evil eyes are watching before blinking. ‘Rurou no Zakuro’ ends completely as the episode comes to a close.*

Author's Note:

Author’s Notes: Don’t own Kingdom Hearts nor My Little Pony – they belong to Hasbro and Tetsuya Nomura! I just own the idea for the story.