• Published 18th Sep 2019
  • 663 Views, 8 Comments

Derpy's hidden secret - General Sparky



Derpy, the clumsy mare we all know her as, is hiding a very important secret. One which would shock everyone if they knew. For she is non other than Clover the Clever, the founder of Equestria.

  • ...
3
 8
 663

Prologue

The night drew to a close to another successful Hearth's Warming. The lights shining brightly along the streets of Equestria, as ponies gather to celebrate the unification of Equestria. As ponies gathered at the town hall to celebrate this joyous occasion, Derpy looked out of her window, seeing all the joyous ponies below. Exchanging gifts, talking with each other, putting up the decorations. Derpy smiled at the sight. There was so much joy and laughter in the streets below. She hesitated on going into the streets below and chat with other ponies. Much worse was the thought of having to break something everytime on purpose to keep up her 'klutz' image. If she go through any major event without breaking anything, ponies would get suspicious.

'Derpy actually did not break anything at Hearth's Warming? Unthinkable.' 'Derpy actually being able to fly straight without causing accidents. Not happening.' Derpy sighed, and stare out the window. Many ponies think that Derpy is not clumsy by choice, with her crisscrossed eyes, she is able to seek the sympathy of fellow ponies and escape any punishment that would have been implemented if not for her eyes. But that is not the case. What she really was behind that mask is one of the most beautiful creature anyone has seen and so innocent that it could make anyone drool over her.

"Derpy, you are tearing up again." Toothless said from behind. Derpy placed her hoof over her cheek to wipe her tears away and looked at the Night Fury and look at who sat on top him.

"Dinky, what are you doing up there?" Derpy asked.

"Riding Toothless of course. It is so fun, I see how you like it mummy." Dinky replied, sitting on top of Toothless's back. Derpy smiled at Dinky's antics.

"Oh dear, Daagon rider, I have seem to have forgotten my riding ticket, is it okay if you give me a ride?" Derpy asked, pretending to be a lost pony.

"Of course, 'stranger'. Hop on board." Dinky said excitedly. Derpy followed and climbed on top of Toothless's back.

"Welcome on board Toothless express, next station the living room." Toothless said, before using his paws to climb down the stairs into the living room.

"The Toothless express terminates at this station, please alight at this station and we hope top see you again." Toothless said jokingly. Derpy and Dinky 'alighted' and stood on the mat.

"That was fun, want to do it again?" Dinky asked, hopping up and down repeatedly.

Toothless looked at Derpy, waiting for her reply. Derpy sighed and said, "No, we are about to miss the celebration at the town hall and we are not going to miss that, are we?" Dinky froze as she suddenly remembered the celebration at town hall. Dinky than rushed upstairs with great speed and grabbed the presents meant for her friends and rushed back down. Derpy chuckled and took her sling bag, which was meant for mail, and use it to carry Dinky's present to the celebration at town hall.

Suddenly an idea popped into Dinky's mind. Dinky asked innocently, "Can I ride Toothless to the celebration? Or even better use it to scare Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoons at the party later?"

Derpy gave a stern "NO. You know why we can't do that."

"Oh come on, pretty pleeeaaaassseee?" Dinky asked, kneeling in front of Derpy and making sure to put on the biggest puppy eyes to persuade her. To Dinky's surprise, Derpy returned the favour. Derpy used her cute voice and said, "I am sorry, little muffin, but I can not do that. Toothless has to be kept secret or else the bad guys would find him and do something to him. It is for his own safety."

"Buuuttt, that does not mean he cannot go to the celebration with us." Derpy said, and took out what looked to be a Night Fury figurine. "Toothless, hide your wings!" Derpy said, and Toothless was surrounded with bright light. The bright light was transferred to the figurine, and soon came to life.

Derpy placed the figurine on Dinky's horn. "Now wherever you go, he comes with you. Just don't drop it." Dinky looked up at the tiny figurine, which is toothless, on her horn. Dinky hugged Derpy and said, "Thanks mom!"

Derpy smile and asked, "Ready to go to celebration at Town Hall?"

Dinky cheerfully replied, "Of Course, let's go!"


Later that day......
As the celebrations went by, it was getting late and Derpy and DInky made their way home. Once they entered the house and close the doors, Derpy said, "Toothless, spread your wings!" A white light came out of the figurine and landed on the mat. Toothless appeared beside Derpy and Dinky.

Derpy lay down on the mat, which was quickly followed by Toothless and Dinky. All of them laid on the mat, looking at the ceiling. The celebration was a lot of fun. There was some planned clumsiness going on throughout the celebration, like knocking down the Hearth's Warming tree, slipping on the floor, but nothing major. It was also pretty tiring for them as they used their energy to sing the traditional carols and participated in some of the activities like 'pin the tail on the pony', 'guess the carol lyrics' and 'musical chairs'.

Dinky scattered her presents around the living as she was exhausted from the night's festivities. Dinky fell asleep almost immediately. Toothless walked around dinky several times before spreading his wings to cover her as they both fell asleep. Derpy grabbed a blanket and covered them. Derpy dropped her disguise, her body changed into a alicorn with a golden mane, tail, horn and wings against her white body. Using simple levitation, she picked up the presents and place it on the dining table, she would open them tomorrow morning, where she is in a much better state of mind to do so.

She knelt down beside the sleeping creatures gently spread her wings to cover them. Normally, she would not be able to do this. But now that she was a (big) alicorn, her wingspan easily outmatch Toothless and is more than enough to cover the both of them.

"Good night, my little muffin and my little night fury."

Author's Note:

1) Derpy's stories will be explored in the following chapters, this chapter is just me creating a setting for the reveal the next day (in the story not real life) when Dinky wakes up and sees her mother as a fully fledged Unicorn (And a big one at that)
2) What do you guys think? Leave your constructive comments in the comment section down below.
That is all, General Sparky out