• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 8,422 Views, 334 Comments

Guess this is happening - Silver Butcher



A Human is turned in Spinel and ends up in Equestria

  • ...
32
 334
 8,422

I don't sleep unless I want to

"Glad this part of my life is over," Spinel said as she and the Apples left the castle, after several hours an agreement had finally been made that Spinel wouldn't try and kill Spike so long as he didn't intentionally get anywhere near her.

"I don't really feel like anything was solved tho," Applebloom said,

"That is a problem for another day," Spinel replied, Applebloom was about to say something but Applejack cut her off.

"Alright," she looked back at her sister and added "At the moment the problem is solved," Applejack mouthed the word, later, before turning back forward. Applebloom frowned at that before moving onto another topic.

"What's it feel like to explode and reform?"

"Like exploding," Spinel replied simply "as for reforming it's easy but takes some energy to do, that said there are certain items that could prevent me from reforming," Spinel tough for a moment before adding "usually when A gem reforms they look different, but I've exploded twice in the same day so I've had no real life-changing experiences to change the way I look." Applejack thought on that for a moment.

"So does that mean every aspect of how you look reflects your personality?"

"Sorta," Spinel said before Applebloom added.

"Like the eternal tears," Applejack raised a brow at that and looked at the now red-faced Spinel.

"Last time I explain things to you," She said irritably as Applejack took a good long look at Spinels face.

"Those are tears," She realized in shock.

"Yes, woo-who I have tear stains on my face," Spinel said spinning her finger "Let's talk about literally anything else,"

"do they have to do with your mental issues?" Applebloom asked.

"Applebloom!" Applejack said at once when Spinel locked her eyes on Applebloom, who noticed at once that Spine's pupils seemed to have a 2nd layer around them.

"I'm a perfectly fine individual with no issues to speak of," She said with a strain in her voice, "Now if you'll excuse me I think I can make it to the barn from here," Without hesitation Spinel turned her lower body into a spring and sent herself off towards Sweet apple acres.

"And while we walk back how about I give you a lesson over what is and isn't appropriate to bring up in casual conversation," Applejack said, the tone of her voice telling Applebloom that it wasn't up for debate.

"Yes ma'am," she sighed as they began the walk home.


"What was that?" Spinel asked the empty space that was her room, as soon as she had gotten home she had gone to the area that was her bed, still decked out with a farm tool wall, and was now sitting on the bed in confusion, "I get what happened with the dragon, but the tear stains shouldn't be that heavy of a subject, I'm just a copy of Spinel, I'm not really her," Spinel looked at her hands and tried to think about what she had been doing the day before, save for her watching the movie and going to bed no memories of her past life came to her mind, her eye began twitching when she realized that the best she could get was that she hadn't brushed her teeth before going to bed, not even her old name came to mind. "Am I?" she asked in confusion. Spinel sighed as she rubbed her face.

"Alright the time for soul searching is not now, now...now its time to put all this stuff back," Spinel turned and set to work putting the junk she had hurriedly shoved into a pile back, cleaning the mess took a while longer than making it as, by the time she had finished, the Apples had made it home, she noticed their arrival thanks to Applejacks angry voice

"...not to mention above all else that it's just flat out rude to blurt something like that out,"

"I said I was sorry," Applebloom muttered.

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to," Applejack said simply, Applebloom sighed and, with her head lowered, made her way to the barn, knocking on the barn door before walking in.

"Spinel?" She asked, Spinel elongated her neck and greeted Applebloom at the door.

"Yes?" She said with a less than happy tone.

"I'm sorry about...commenting on your-"

"It's fine," Spinel said before whispering "Just keep the I tried to destroy a planet thing to yourself and all is forgiven,"

"Can do," Applebloom said hugging Spinel's head.

"OK, we good, you can go now," After a moment Spinel added "Leave please,"

"Right sorry," Applebloom said as she released Spinels head and headed into the house with Applejack, pausing to call out. "Goodnight Spinel,"

"Goodnight small one," She called back as she lay on her bed "I stood in place for a few thousand years I think. I can wait out the night." Spinel didn't know how long she waited for the night to end before it finally did just that. She heard noises and heard the sound of Applejack.

"Alright, Big mac try not to wake our guest,"

"I ain't sleeping," Spinel called back, the sound of falling metal telling her she'd scared one or both of them "so make all the noise you want," after a minute Applejack made her way up the latter.

"Well, not often there's an early riser on this farm that isn't woken up by me," Applejack gave an awkward smile "You sleep well?"

"Hmm?" Spinel blinked then shook her head "Oh no, I'm a rock Applejack, I don't sleep unless I want to, and I really didn't feel like it," Mentally she added "I'm scared of what I might dream about,"

"What?" Applejack stared at her in silence "You didn't think to mention that at any point yesterday?"

"I did not," Spinel said with a shrug "Why?"

"Just would have been nice to know," Applejack replied, mentally thinking "Now I want her to work for us, just the idea of a worker who never gets tired," from the look on her face Spinel guessed what Applejack was thinking and said clearly.

"Hey you gave me a week until I have to work, you can't go making me do stuff for another 6 days," Applejack squinted at her.

"Oh, you better believe I'm not gonna forget that," as Applejack made her way down she added to herself "Once I teach her how to properly buck apples I'll have her work all night, harvest times'll be cut in half, maybe more if she's good at it!"