• Published 11th Sep 2019
  • 861 Views, 5 Comments

Friendship is Failure #17: Nine & Eleven - DakariKingMykan



Twilight tries dealing with a grouchy and overbearing business pony who hates life

  • ...
53
 5
 861

Closing Act: Remembering

CLOSING ACT

That cloud of dust would have spread for miles had the many ponies in Las Pegasus City not seen the commotion and the tragedy.

Many of the pegsai came and brought rain clouds so the downpour would make the dust settle and the flames from the explosion would be extinguished and not spread.

Unicorn ponies came and did their best to help contain more of the spreading dust and helped the pegasai purify the air...

...But still... what a disaster and tragedy!

All the workers and other ponies from the building didn't make it out in time.

Many were lost in the explosion...

Many others were dying from fatal injuries...

Some did survive, but some survived with terrible life-changing injuries-- One pony was going to have both his hind legs amputated, another permanently lost her eyesight from the brightness of the fires, some had deep burns and scars that would remain on their faces and bodies were undetermined amount of time, maybe even for life.

They were now all out of a job, having also lost their friends, loved ones, and even children of the land had lost their moms, their dads, or even both!

Twilight had reappeared from wherever it was she teleported too, and she was devastated and horrified beyond words. Tears of anger, sadness and near disbelief came to her eyes.

“Sliver…” she sobbed softly “You crazy, stubborn, stuck-up--” she couldn’t go on, remembering their circumstances that led up to all this.

“Why? Why couldn’t you let me just try and help you?”



That was the end of Spike’s story, and the scene changed back to him, as he spoke to the audience.


*Fourth Wall*

“And that’s pretty much how we all ended up here, cleaning up this mess.”

He paused and sighed, “You know I really can’t help but feel sorry for Silver Nickle.

I mean, sure, she had a bad attitude, she was mean to ponies all around, and she killed a ton of ponies, and ruined the lives of many...

...But then I remember what Twilight told me how she couldn’t help herself. She was a mess, forced to be what she was by ponies who forced her to change, grow up, and leave things behind.

I really wished she hadn’t done all this, and I really wish she’d let us try to help her.

Don’t worry about Twilight, she’s okay now. In fact, she’s helping all the ponies who lost their jobs to find new employment as well as helping around here.

But she was just as upset the way things turned out and how and why they did.

We’re all feeling okay about this.

It’s true, we’ll never forget this day, and what happened, and we’ll always try to remind other creatures of it so we can learn and grow from this, and try to prevent it from happening again.

…But life will go on. We can’t just mope about it forever, but we can learn from this.”

Spike then heard Twilight call to him, “Hey, Spike, could come help me with these wires.”

Spike then looked at the audience one last time.

“…See you all again soon.”

Then he went off to get back to work with the others.

Author's Note:

18 years later and we all still remember 9-11 (I was in Tenth Grade when it happened)

The reason people want us to remember it is to show us just how evil and heartless the world really can be, all those people who were lost and all those other people who;s lives were affected by their loss and the loss of the buildings.

This is what I keep warning people, being positive is okay, but DON'T BE BLINDED BY IT.

Ignoring the bad things, and pretending there aren't any doesn't stop them from happening anyway.

The world isn't always as positive or as loving as you think it is, and tomorrow is promised to NO ONE (Even Greg Cipes and Tara Strong believe in that)

We have terrorists, gunners, wild animals, bullies, abusive people.

Even nature itself can be and is a danger at times (Lightning, typhoons, hurricanes, Earthquakes, volcano and tornado and blizzards, cancer, famine)

We remember these things, and we try our best to prevent it from repeating.

...But it's going to take a lot. QUITE a lot!

And remember: "The past may be gone, but the memories remain and shall never disappear."

Comments ( 2 )
Comment posted by Mx Potential deleted Sep 12th, 2019

i heard a story about a backpacking couple who traveled the world, who unfortunately had this naive view of the world in wich you described, and they wound up being beheaded by ISIS.

Login or register to comment