• Published 14th Aug 2012
  • 4,193 Views, 143 Comments

Passio Patefecit Est - Senorita-De-La-Nieve



Vinyl Scratch, the heart-breaker, has finally fallen in love.

  • ...
6
 143
 4,193

Chapter 9

Octavia awoke to a very welcome smell, the smell of pancakes fresh from a cooker. She inhaled a lung full of air, relishing the smell and how it took her back just briefly to the happier parts of her life in Canterlot.

She exhaled almost comically as she got out of bed and ran her hooves through her mane just to get it presentable for Vinyl when she went downstairs, that way, she could avoid many of her marefriends' well-meant jokes and witty quips, not that she didn't have any of her own...

smiling devilishly, she set her hooves into the bathroom and started to run the bath water as she looked in the mirror. There were slight bags under her eyes thanks to the dream last night, it wasn't a nightmare by any means, just a bit... disturbing.

She shrugged it off and wiped some steam that had obscured her reflection from the water and gazed at her mane. It was dishevelled, and in a quaint disarray. She actually liked it that way, and with a bit of refinement she could have re-styled it.

Would that she could. She'd leave the beauty tips to Miss Rarity, she had been saving up a few bits, maybe for Vinyl's birthday she would get a makeover for herself AND Vinyl.

She giggled at the mental image of her lover in a beauty chair with curlers in her two-toned mane, struggling with Rarity to keep her shades on, but Rarity insisting she had to apply mud masks to exfoliate her skin.

The giggling turned to loud laughter as she stepped into the shower and cringed a little at the temperature of the water, a brief kick of the cold tap with her left hoof changed it to a more pleasant one, and she sighed happily as the water matted her mane and worked away at her tense muscles and helped her relax.

Were it not for her almost trance-like state, she would've noticed the moan of appreciation that left her lips, or the bathroom door opening, and she would have certainly noticed when the shower curtain opened and a pair of ruby red eyes watched her with almost fanatic fascination and devotion.

Octavia's eyes went wide and her stare was locked forward, but her head slowly travelled left and locked with Vinyl's face that was contorted into one of barely contained laughter.

"V, is there any particular reason you are watching me shower?" she asked, and Vinyl's smile widened to that of a Cheshire Cat before she blinked and answered.

"No, just you look so damn sexy with a wet mane" she said, giving her the once over that usually would have made her blush, but today, she was feeling adventurous.

"Well, either get in and do something about it, or close the curtain, you're letting all the heat out" she said, and Vinyl shrugged and closed the curtain.

Octavia sighed in exasperation, sometimes, that mare could be a real tease. She smiled to herself as she picked up the soap and worked a little into her hooves until it formed a lather.

Oh, but that was how she liked it.

The curtain was suddenly yanked back, forcing her back into reality with a startled yelp, she dropped the soap container.

Vinyl's head was floating next to her hooves around the curtain with that smile again.

"Breakfast is on the table, I hope you like Pancakes" she asked and Octavia shook her head.

"No, in an entire year you don't know me at all" she said sarcastically and shared a laugh with the alabaster head before it retracted and she crouched to pick up the soap again. She resumed washing and soon had her hooves running through her hair with shampoo, getting out the knots and massaging her scalp. She let her head loll a bit as her hooves went through it and washed away the grease and grime.

About two minutes later she shut off the water and pulled back the curtain, stepping out of the shower letting the water drip from her coat and onto the floor. She picked u[p a towel from the nearby chair in front of the mirror and began to dry herself off.

She left her mane partially wet as she was still contemplating styling it into something other than the normal style she wore from day to day. She sighed and gazed at her unruly hair matted to her face and dried it with the towel. Maybe she would get them a styling session with Rarity.

She smiled at the memory of a thought of Vinyl struggling with Rarity over her shades. She still had a thing about hiding her eyes in public, though had long since relented to showing them around the house.

Although through time Octavia was sure she could get her to at least make her take them off in a café or something.

She stepped out of the bathroom to the strong scent of pancakes once again and her stomach groaned in protest to smelling but not eating.

She trekked down the stairs and heard something emanating from the kitchen, the sound of a sweet singing voice, it was beautiful, and Octavia quickly realised that Vinyl was singing her latest song.

Quiet as a mouse, she crept towards the source of the voice and leant on the doorway to the kitchen, making sure not to make a sound as the sweet voice washed over her ears.

Take the moment
We first kissed
Remember the feeling
And the Bliss

In your eyes
I see the light
I know that you love me tonight

When day comes
They go away
But your eyes
They remain

See the stars in your eyes
Watch them shine in the skies
In the day they grow brighter
Than even the sun's fire

Octavia stepped closer and Vinyl stopped singing, turning her head slightly. Octavia smiled.

"Eavesdropping, eh?" she asked and Octavia laughed, wrapping her hooves around Vinyl's neck and planting a tender kiss on the back of her head.

"It's beautiful, V, what's it called?" she asked, and Vinyl shrugged, tossing another pancake into the air to land perfectly on the plate next to it.

"I don't know, I haven't got a name for it yet, though I'm thinking of one. And you shouldn't have been listening" she said, before turning her head and planting a fleeting kiss on her lips before she gently wiggled out of her lover's embrace.

"Well how could I not listen to a beautiful singing voice like that?" she asked and Vinyl chuckled, shaking her head slightly as she picked up the plates of food, offering one to Octavia, who took it with a girlish squeal and rushed to the table.

"I take it you do like pancakes then?" she asked coyly as she sat across from her, and Octavia stuck her tongue out before she grabbed the Maple Syrup and poured some over her stacks, passing it to Vinyl as she picked up a knife and fork and began eating them.

"My mother used to make Pancakes on my birthday or on special occasions" she explained somewhat sadly, and Vinyl nodded with a sympathetic smile, reaching a hoof out and rubbing over Octavia's gently.

She poured a small puddle of syrup on the middle of her stack and then waiting for a while for it to sink in. She had taken the time to heat up the syrup as well, something Octavia was grateful for.

"So, any plans for today?" she asked Vinyl and she shrugged.

"I was thinking I would go into town and pick up some more music parchment, we're running a bit low, then I was gonna go and get some groceries" she said and looked up, seeing Octavia's head on the back of the chair, lolling to the side and snoring dramatically.

"Ugh, what happened to the street-wise DJ?" Octavia asked and Vinyl smiled.

"She fell in love and settled down with Equestria's greatest Cellist" she said and Octavia blushed at the compliment.

"I'm glad I could tame you" she quipped and Vinyl arched an eyebrow.

"No pony can tame this sexy beast, I am DJ-PON-3" she stated with a laugh and Octavia giggled too. After breakfast Octavia insisted on washing up as Vinyl had cooked breakfast, much to Vinyl's protests.

Vinyl resigned herself to watching her lover work for a time, until she decided she might as well get the days activities over and done with so she could be ready for a job she had to do later that day, it wasn't anything particularly special, rather, it was just reveiwing a new DJ in town, someone she liked to think of as her Protogé, but in reality was her replacement, Melody, she was called.

She put on her coat and gave Octavia an almost chaste kiss before she bade her farewell, exiting the house and casting a furtive look back as she journ eyed into the town.