• Published 14th Aug 2012
  • 4,184 Views, 143 Comments

Passio Patefecit Est - Senorita-De-La-Nieve



Vinyl Scratch, the heart-breaker, has finally fallen in love.

  • ...
6
 143
 4,184

Chapter 5

Chapter Five:

One Year Later:

Vinyl Scratch sat at the piano, a quill firmly grasped in her magic. She jotted down the latest few notes and sighed in appreciative contemplation as she pressed some more notes on the piano, then wrote them down. Ever since she and Octavia had moved in together, the basement was no longer where she kept her piano. She had got it out of there, placed it at the corner of the room next to the window so she could firmly watch the sunrise and the full beauty of nature, and ever since then she could play all day long.

She altered her shades on her eyes and set the quill down, going back to the beginning of the melody, playing the opening notes slowly, then picking up pace as the song dictated. She once again lost herself to the music as she always did, then came to a gentle close as the melody cut off mid-stream, but then she knew what to play and played it, picking up the quill as soon as it was over to put down the notes that were fresh in her mind.

But the very best thing about having the piano next to the window was that she could see when her love would return, and she saw her, the sparkling gray hair that always seemed to be in pristine condition, even as the unforgiving winter wind blew around it and the snow threatened to mat it to her face, it still remained perfect. Those violet eyes she could spot from a mile away, especially against the cold backdrop of white winter snow. She jumped up from the piano and opened the door just as Octavia was raising a hoof to knock and pulled her inside, giving her a long, passionate kiss that had Octavia nearly collapsing.

Octavia wasn't complaining in the slightest, she felt deathly cold, and Vinyl was oh so warm. She surrendered to the infinite pleasure and all-consuming passion. She moaned into it and threw her hooves around Vinyl's neck as she deepened the kiss, if that was even possible. Vinyl backed her up against the now closed door and drew away from her mouth, going along her jaw and kissing tenderly.

Octavia sighed with a smile and leaned her head back against the door as Vinyl moved onto her neck and shoulder.

"Vinyl, not that I'm complaining, but what's gotten into you?" she asked between kisses, each one drawing forth another gasp or moan of pleasure. Vinyl stopped her tender ministrations and leant her head on Vinyl's shoulder, sighing contentedly.

"I just missed you Tavi," she said, her hoof idly tracing her lover's chest.

Octavia sighed and held Vinyl close. "I missed you too V" she whispered into Vinyl’s ear, and finally looked down, taking note of the glasses she wore. Octavia shook her head. "Vinyl, how many times have I told you not to wear those infernal things in the house?"

Vinyl shrugged. "More times than I can count, Tavi," she said with a smirk and Octavia gently pushed Vinyl away, taking in the smirk and reaching out a hoof, giving Vinyl a chance to pull away if she wanted. She did not, and Octavia gently, tenderly stroked her cheek and took off the shades, setting them beside the door and turning back to her lover.

Thankfully, Vinyl didn't try to hide the ruby red irises that Octavia loved to see, but displayed them almost proudly. Octavia stroked Vinyl's cheek again and smiled warmly, reflected by Vinyl.

"You can hide them in public if you really want, but not here," she said and Vinyl smiled as well, nodding as they stared deeply into each other’s eyes. Octavia's gaze slowly drifted to the piano and the sheets of music and she arched an eyebrow.

"Why Vinyl, have you been playing?" she asked and Vinyl blushed, moving over to the piano and gathering the sheets, putting them inside the piano where she normally kept the piano sheets she was working on.

"It's not finished," she relented as she turned back to Octavia, blushing under her knowing gaze. Octavia smiled.

"What's it for? Or were you just working for the sake of working?" she asked.

Vinyl smiled. "It's a present," she stated, and that got Octavia's gossipy side into full swing.

"Ooh, for who?" she asked and Vinyl smiled wider, pointing a hoof towards Octavia.

"It's for you Octavia, or have you forgotten what day it is today?" she asked and Octavia smiled as well.

"Of course I know. It's the day before our anniversary" she stated with a smile and Vinyl smiled too.

"I still can't believe you fell in love with me," she said with a smile and Octavia walked forward, kissing her almost chastely and pulling away before Vinyl could respond, effectively leaving the white mare stunned into silence.

"Could you believe that?" she asked coyly.

Vinyl blushed again, and cleared her throat. Octavia giggled and sat on the couch, motioning for Vinyl to do the same. She did and curled up next to her and Octavia wrapped a hoof around her.

"So what did you do today Tavi?" Vinyl asked.

Octavia sighed. "Well, that new musician in town, Lyra? We got to talking in a café and it turns out, she has a thing for Bon Bon," she said excitedly and Vinyl gasped, sitting straight upright.

"No! She does not have a thing for Bonnie!" Vinyl said and Octavia nodded, giggling profusely. Vinyl started as well and they dissolved into fits of laughter.

"Oh, all joking aside though, they do make a very cute couple," Octavia said as she finally managed to quell her tears of laughter, and Vinyl smiled and nodded. "Almost as cute as you and me" she added.

Vinyl sat straight up, arched eyebrow and a smirk etching her face. She pointed a hoof at her. "Tavi, you can call me sexy, you can even call me beautiful, but I draw the line at being called 'cute'," she said, folding her hooves across her chest. Octavia smiled, gazing into Vinyl's crimson eyes and batting her eyelashes. Vinyl gave a nearly imperceptible shudder at the look that always got her to agree to anything the gray mare said.

"Oh yeah, and what're you going to do to stop me?" she asked jokingly, and Vinyl smirked wider.

"Nothing at all, only this!" she said, then launched herself at the mare, tickling her mercilessly. Octavia giggled uncontrollably and tried to squirm out of the mare's grasp, but to no avail. Vinyl kept up the onslaught and Octavia dissolved into laughter again. They both fell onto the floor and Octavia sensed a way to get out, but Vinyl just tightened her hold and resumed the tickling.

"Stop! Stop! Okay, I give!" Octavia managed to shout and Vinyl managed to stop. They just lay there for a while, gazing into each other's eyes until Vinyl kissed Octavia suddenly and tenderly stroked her hooves through her mane.

"I love you Tavi" she said.

Octavia giggled. "Like I didn't know that. I love you too Vinyl."

They sat there in silence, punctuated only by the soft rise and falls of their chests in perfect sync and the gentle thumping of kindred hearts. The wind outside blew softly against the window pane and Vinyl looked out the window with a smile. She got up and offered a hoof to Octavia, who accepted it and lifted herself up.

"Tavi, can we go for a walk?" she asked, and Octavia furrowed her brow.

"In this?" she asked, and Vinyl nodded, shrugging.

"Why not, I love the snow" she said and Octavia smiled.

"Only for you V"


The leaves were soft in the evergreen trees, a blanket of snow covering them, the ground was white with a soft winter hue, radiating and shining almost like millions of diamonds strewn about the floor. Standing in the middle of the clearing, engaged in a lover's embrace, dancing to an unseen melody composed by nature itself, stood two figures. They danced to the swaying breeze as the snow fell around the pair, a fitting ambiance to their song, like piano music or a soft cello solo in the midst of an orchestral piece.

As the two danced together, a contented sigh could be heard emanating from one of them, though who it was, was unclear. They stood, locked in each other's embrace, not caring for the cold that should have otherwise assaulted their very core. They shared the warmth, the beating of their hearts as one. Gray hair flowed around blue and joined together to create an entirely new colour that one could not distinguish.

Two pairs of eyes locked with each other and their lips moved closer together, fishing for a kiss that they would remember forever, as their lips locked together, one whispered the other's name. "Octavia..." Vinyl whispered as their lips locked again, the snow seemed to pick up then, swirling around them in a miniature tornado as the kiss was deepened, their passion fully opened and flowing freely into each other wherever their hooves caressed, where their lips joined, and their tongues fought for dominance.

Kindred spirits locked as one, heartbeats fully synced, like a beat to the melody nature played, and tears flowed freely in happiness as they embraced in the snow. The song reached a crescendo, only to wash down like a tsunami over a shore, and they were both left breathless by its intensity, finally allowing their lips to separate as they gasped much needed air.

They stood for a while as the tornado around them dissipated and the snow came to a halt, their foreheads touched and Octavia smiled, sighing appreciatively as Vinyl's hooves caressed her mane once again.

"This was a good idea" she said, and Vinyl nodded, a smile of her own etched in her alabaster face. Her ruby red eyes opened and found a pair of violet intently watching her and the smile grew on both their faces.

Love can be an ethereal experience, it cares not for difference in class or limitations of time. What matters is whether or not your love can stand the tests that time throws at it, and Vinyl's and Octavia's love is so pure it transcends even the heavens should they pass away. Vinyl told this to Octavia the next day, their official one year anniversary, as she handed over the sheet music she had made for her. Octavia's eyes filled with tears as Vinyl explained why she wrote it. It was a memoir to her past, the first verse being especially crafted, like clay, from a tune her mother had once taught her. The chorus, emanating how she felt the first time she met her, the second verse about her growing love, and the bridge about how that love had been cemented that fateful day when Octavia had kicked down her door and 'consummated' their relationship, taking her love on the piano.

Octavia blushed profusely, stating that she hadn't been able to control herself when she saw those eyes of hers and how it was Vinyl's fault for having such beautiful, emotional, transcendental, ethereal...

She cut herself off before she could go on about how beautiful her love truly was, and Vinyl blushed as well as she took the music from Octavia and set it on the piano, getting ready to play it in front of her for the first time.

"Are you ready?" she asked and Octavia nodded, standing behind her expectantly. Vinyl sighed, pressing the first few notes gently, a repetitive rhythm before the main melody began. If Octavia ever had a rival, it was the alabaster unicorn across from her. Known best for techno and hard rock, Octavia found it almost disconcerting when she heard her play on a properly tuned piano, as the only time she heard her lover play before was on a piano in her basement, and it was a day she cared to not repeat.

Vinyl lost herself to the music, closing her eyes and letting her hooves roam freely over the memory of the music she had memorized completely. Octavia thought that this couldn't be more beautiful. Now she understood why Vinyl liked to see her play; you could nearly see the musicians soul poured into the music itself. As the song came to a close all too soon, yet at the same time an eternity later, Octavia didn't realise the tears were flowing freely down her face until Vinyl turned and wiped them away, kissing the residual stains on her fur and whispering sweetly, "Happy anniversary."


This is not the ending.