• Published 14th Aug 2012
  • 4,193 Views, 143 Comments

Passio Patefecit Est - Senorita-De-La-Nieve



Vinyl Scratch, the heart-breaker, has finally fallen in love.

  • ...
6
 143
 4,193

Chapter 14

Noteworthy lay there, unable to quite process what had just happened, he couldn't believe it himself. But there she was, laying across from him in the bed, between purple bedsheets and a duvet that felt spu from liquid silk, a smile on her face and a hoof draped over his midriff, was Daisy the flower arranger. He smiled and shifted in the bed, mere inches seperated their bodies, she stired as he moved, hugging him tightly and forcing him closer. He laughed slightly and carressed her cheek, kissing her on said cheek and watching a light blush come to her cheeks. Her golden eyes flutered open and they captured his blue ones, hey shared a smile and a kiss.

"I thought I would steal only a kiss, not an entire night with you" he sad as he closed his eyes and pulled the blanket close over the pair's prone form. Daisy giggled and hugged him tightly.

"Best laid plans and all" she quipped and Notes smied, gently stroking her from her cheek down her sides. She giggled and slapped his hoof.

"Stop, I'm ticklish" she giggled and Nteworthy epened his eyes and raised an eyebrow. She did the same as she felt his emotions.

"Don't you dare, NO!" She yelped as he launched at her and tckled her mercilessly, she was giggling and laughing, begging for ercy bt Noteworthy continued until she gave in. By the end of it they were both out of breath and Notes lay atop her with a smile. He kissed her and she returned in kind. It woud have gone further were it not for Noteworthy's promise to himself that he would be a gentlecolt. He rolled over and resumed his place after Daisy reluctantly broke the kiss.

"Oh, I'm so glad I found you Daisy" he said with a smile and she returned a wider smile.

"No I'm glad I found you, after all who else would've saved you?" she asked and he smiled again.

"Touché my dear, touché" he said, poking her nose playfully. She scrunched up her face and giggled.

Noteworthy suddenly turned serious.

"Daisy, actually, I, uh, kinda need to tell you something" he said, and Daisy lost her smile for a split second. On some level she knew what he was going to say, but, she hadn't quite decided ow she felt,she needed more tme,so, before he could say anything, she placed a hoof over his mouth.

"Not yet, tomorrow, let's just get some sleep, yeah?" she asked and Notes nodded, the smiles returning t their faces as tey settled in for the night. Daisy, however, could not sleep. Being an empath she culd feelhe felt very strongly about her, maybe he was ven ready to say he loved her, she however, did not know if she loved him. Sure, he was a gentlecolt, a looker to say he least, charmin and witty, but...

She sighed. She just didn't know what the 'but' was, and in a way, that scared her, she didn't know him all yet, and underneath, he could be controlling and possessive, and she didn't want to be blinded by love and not see it until twelve years down the line.

She decided she would wait until tomorrow, worry was known to give a pony grey hair, and that would not have gone well with her pink coat.

With a final giggle she fell into sleep...



The day brought with it new worries and burdens, however, in her semi-conscious state, Daisy was unaware of any of them. The birds sang their uplifting melody into the morning air, and the sun invaded her room softly, lighting the blue walls and the purple bedsheets with a pleasant glow. Daisy stretched and grew to appreciate consciousness. She felt nothing beside her, and a cursorary glance revealed that, indeed, she was alone. She sat up andrealsed what had happened last night. She sighed and placed her head in her hooves. Trying to justify why she had let him sleep with her now demanded her full attention.

She had let him have the bed because she didn't want him to sleep on the couch, she decided, that was logical, right? No, she wanted him close. She wanted him close because... well, she didn't know why. She furrowed her brows and decided she would figure outher feelings and tell him, before he, or she, fell too deep.

However, on some level, she knew it was too late.

She paced out of her room, searching, but for what she didn't know, even if he had gone she wouldn't have known he was there, the bed looked unused by two, and he had no saddle bag to accompany him. Everything was in its rightful place and the only thing out of place was the scent of breakfast. She walked to the lading, trotting down the stairs briskly, heart flaring at the hope he might still be there, thinking that he had cooked beafast for them both. She smiled to herself. That would have been sweet of him. She gingerly trotted into the kitchen where the smell grew stronger, and found a note on the table next to a plate of fresh eggs and hay. She felt the plate. It was still warm, meaning he hadn't been gone for long. She picked up the piece of paper.

Dear Daisy

Had to go into town for something, I shall be back later. In the meantime I cooked you breakfast, hope you like eggs. See you soon.

Noteworthy.

Daisy sighed as she set the note down next to the plate and sat down on her chair, picking up a fork and idly pushing the food around the plate, not really feeling hungry. There was too much on her mind. How did she feel about Noteworthy? What was he to her? That was the question she wanted to avoid answering for as long as possible.

Was he a friend? A possible coltfriend? Or... she blushed, was he a possible lover? She chuckled and shook her head. She wasn't that sort of mare, she knew she wanted something more, and, on a much deeper level than she had currently explored within her, she knew she wanted it with Noteworthy. She sighed again and rested her head on her hoof, letting her unkempt mane fall towards the table. He had already stolen her kisses, a night together with her, hooves entangled in the luscious bed spread, a blush began to kiss her cheeks. He was so charming, so handsome, and such a gentlecolt, sometimes too much of one. The blush got hotter as less-than pure thoughts invaded her mind.

She imagined what it would feel like, to have his hooves through her mane, to have him kiss her with passion she secretly longed for, she imagined what it would felt like as they joined together in physical ecstasy, souls becomig one, bodies heaving together, kisses on her neck, trailing down... down... down...

She jolted back into reality when she heard a *SNAP*, nearly jumping out of her seat at the unwated noise, she looked down and saw that her fork had sliced clean through the plate and cracked it, spilling the contents onto the table. She sighed and got up out of her chair, walking into the kitchen and getting out a dustpan and brush, she walked back into the swept the plate fragents into it before walking back into the kitchen and placing them into the bin. She turned to walk out but her face caught a mirror she kept on the door frame, she used it to put reminders on of things she had to do, at the moment there were tree sticky notes, two were in her handwrting, but one was not. She didn't notice it yet, however, she was focussed on her still-bliushng face ad knew, in that moment, whether she liked it or not, she was fallng for Noteworthy. As a matter of fact, however, she did know she liked it.

She picked up the note that was not in her hadwriting and read it, eyes going wide. She read the four words over and over, but they never changed, there they were.

Buy something for Daisy



Noteworty smiled as he trotted down the road, the sun was shining and the air was clear, he breathed deep, getting the country air, so different than the stale air of Canterlot city, or the sterile air of the hospital. He was even whistling lghtly to himself, going as far as to hum on a few occassions, causing a few glances to be shot his way. He laughed and waved whenever somepony would watch, further adding to their confusion but putting smiles on their faces when he practically skipped away.

He still didn't know where he was going to get the bits to buy something for Daisy, but that would come later, for now he was too happy to care, if needs be he would beg, borrow and... Well, he wouldn't steal, but he was committed to treating Daisy to something after all she had done, call it a gift of affection. He was just walking in front of the Music Shoppe, and he spieda sign that sprouted his own smile. HELP WANTED.

He silently thanked Celestia for the strok of luck and thougt he saw the twinkling of the sun in response. He smiled wider ashe walked towards the shop.

It was a small shop, but filled with instruments, Lyre's adorned the far walls, violis and guitars behind the couner where a stern-looking pony with gasses was standing, reading a magazine with pictures of instruments. A harp stood next to the HELP WANTED sign, and a piano behind it. Noteworthy regarded it and pressed a key, frowning when an out-of-tune note played. He flattened his ears.

"Can I help you?" he pony behind the counter sad, and Noteworthy looked up from his study of the piano.

"Yes, I saw you needed help from the sign in the window?" he asked, and the mare perked up ever so slightly, but Noteworthy saw the hope in her eyes.

"Yes, thank Celestia, I need somepony who knows how to tune instruments and, frankly, I need help selling them, ponies just don't have an appreciation for music like they used to, Vinyl Scrach has done a good job of converting them to Dubtrot" she said, and Noteworthy chuckled.

"Well, I know how to tune guitars pianos and violins, not sure about the har, I'll ask around, and as to the problem of the instruments not selling, I think if ponies knew what they could do with the instruments, they would take the time to learn. Tell me, the main instrument you sell, would it be the Cello or the Piano by any chance?"

The mare behind the counter blinked.

"Yeah, actualy, I've sold thee Cellos and a piano this week" she said and Noteworthy nodded.

"During that time did either Vinyl Scratch or Octavia have any performances or release any songs?" he sked, and the mare nodded.

"Yes, Vinyl came out with a piano piece that ws very god, and Octavia did Cello as backing for it" she explained and Noteworthy smiled again.

"I thought so. Pass me a violin, I have a way those violin's will be out of here before you can blink. I'm Noteworthy" he said, extending a oof. The mare picked up a violin and slaped it into his hoof.

"I'm Tune Breaker, your new boss. If you can get me three violin sales by the end of the day, you got the job. If you can't, well, I still need help tuning stuff. Good luck Notes" she said with a smile and a wink, and Noteworthy nodded, stepping outside with the violin to stand just outside the door. He looked around at the few ponies who were milling about, some laughing with each other.

He stood on his hind legs, set the violin below his chin and drew the bow across the strings, creating a low monotone, attracting the attention of nearly all the ponies around. He began to play one of the first songs he had ever learnt to play, he closed his eyes and drifted away with the sounds of the instrument to back to when h had first played the song at a school assembly, how nervous he had been, but also how seemingly well-composed, anypony lookig o now would see him getting lost in his music, when in reality he was getting lost in his past. The song in question he did not know the name of, but he still played it with rapture. His bow drew across the strings and for once he felt trly happy, like ho he had last night.

He almost made a mistake on the violin. He loved Daisy, but did she return the feelings? She HAD let him steal a kiss, and a whole night with her, but, was that really a declaration of love? He didn't know.

He opened his eyes while still playing and a large crowd ad gathered, e blinked twice in shock, but did not stop playing. Several ponies had tears in their eyes as they listened to the melody, and Noteworthy began to wrap up the song, drawing the last few sad notes out bfore he stopped playing and took a bow.

He heard clapping and stood up.

"If you would like to play like that, well, this shop does sell violins" he said with a wry smile before he walked back inside. He heard idle chatter behind him and thought to himself Three... Two... One... Now...

Right on cue somepony stepped forward just as he had opened the door to go back inside, Tune looked up and saw the crowd, her mouth falling open slightly, Noteworthy gave her a wink as the pony spoke.

"Um, how much are the violins?" he asked, and the crowd watched them expectantly. Noteworthy urned around and shrugged.

"I'll just go check" he said and walked into he shop, closing the door. e set the violin dowon the counter.

"Well, I think you'll have at least one sale, how much are the violins?" he asked, and Tune blinked, shaking her head as she stammered out an answer.

"Uh, they're, uh, 20 bits, but, I'll give you that one free if you can get that crowd to buy one" she sad, and Noteworthy smled, walking back out the shop with the violin.

"The violins are 20 bits, get them while they're cheap!" he said, and several ponies walkd forward ad into the shop, followed by the rest of the crowd, he aughed as the shop was crowded and Tune looked indeed surprised. She waved a Notes and shrugged, mouthing What did you do?, to which Noteworty shruggd and walked back in.

"I'll start tomorrow proper!" he shouted over the commotion, and she nodded, he laughed and walked back towards Daisy's house...