• Published 21st Nov 2019
  • 2,414 Views, 35 Comments

Crushes - James Pwyll



What if Spike grew fond of somepony other than Rarity when he came to Ponyville?

  • ...
6
 35
 2,414

Rainbow Dash

"Oof!" Twilight exclaimed as a very fast blur suddenly crashed into her. Spike rushed to her side, seeing her in the puddle of mud she'd been forced into, and saw that the unknown object was a mare, with very distinct rainbow coloring in her mane.

This mystery pony, realising that she'd accidentally bumped into somepony, looked back and chuckled nervously. "Hehe, um...excuse me?" As Twilight grumbled, the pegasus zipped to the side, and brought back with her a rather ominous-looking raincloud. "Here! Let me help you!" She bounced right on top of the thing, casting a downpour right on top of Twilight, getting her soaking wet, which did nothing to help her mood. Seeing that, the energetic newcomer instead elected to fly around her so fast that she ended up in a veritable tornado, presumably to dry her off. Unfortunately, this too failed to solve the problem, as Twilight's mane was now even poofier than Pinkie's had been. The other mare, unable to contain herself, burst out laughing, and Spike soon joined her.

Twilight, doing her best to contain her obvious irritation, exhaled, then walked up to the mare. "I assume you're Rainbow Dash?"

Rainbow smirked. "You've heard of me?"

Twilight nodded. "My name is Twilight Sparkle, and I was sent to check on the weather."

Rainbow, who'd taken to lounging on a nearby cloud, waved her off. "Yeah, yeah, I'll get to it. After I'm done practicing."

Spike looked to her with curiosity. "Practise? For what?"

Rainbow resumed her earlier smirk, then looked down to the small dragon below as she pointed to a poster on a wall that was close-by. "The Wonderbolts!"

Immediately, Spike's eyes widened, and he looked up to Rainbow, clearly impressed. "Wow! You're trying to be a Wonderbolt?! They're some of the best fliers in Equestria!"

Chuckling, Rainbow flew down. "And you're looking at the best, kiddo!" she declared, patting him on the head. Then she looked to him mischievously. "Wanna seem some of my moves?"

Twilight, who naturally wanted to get things back on track, opened her mouth to speak, only to be halted by Spike, who interrupted. "Yes please!"

Rainbow stretched a bit, then flew up higher into the sky, before doing what was, admittedly, an impressive series of aerial stunts, flips and other moves. Spike followed each and every one of them, as did Twilight, though the latter was less interested. Then Rainbow landed right next to them with such force that it sent a dust ring in every direction, before glancing up to her audience with absolute self-assuredness. "Pretty great, eh?"

Spike looked to her with utter awe. "That...was AMAZING!!!" He rushed to her like an enthusiastic fan, which he probably was at this point. "If I ever learn to fly like other dragons, could you teach me some of that?!"

Another pat on his head from Rainbow. "I see you're a kid with taste."

Of course, Twilight groaned to all this. "He's gonna be going on about her all day now, isn't he?"

Author's Note:

Nothing says insta-crush like meeting the local tomboy who's tries to prove she's the most impressive mare around :rainbowkiss: