• Published 14th Aug 2012
  • 5,421 Views, 0 Comments

A Love for Rainbow Dash - Mayhem Darkshadow



What happens when the crazy tomboy pony we know falls head over heals for a alicorn?

  • ...
7
 0
 5,421

A Love for Rainbow Dash

A Love for Rainbow Dash

Part I: New Arrivals to Ponyville

Rainbow Dash was just going about her normal exercises of the day and avoiding work, as usual. The day had been quite boring so far; all her friends were busy and didn’t really want to play. They were all meeting up later for some sweets at Sugar Cube Corner, but that was hours from now. She had been going around and trying to get all her friends to do something but they all said they were busy. Pinkie was even busy, and this was an absolute shocker to Dash. She could do nothing but sore over the small town and watch everybody at work. She herself refused to work, and there really wasn’t that much to do anyway.

Rainbow suffered for a few more hours before she made her way to Sugar Cube Corner. She walked into the building and everyone was there. Twilight, Pinky Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, as well as Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo, were all there. “Ooo Rainbow Dash you’re here you’re here you’re here you’re here you’re here!” said Pinky Pie. Pinkie bounced around and then went into the kitchen to get cupcakes. “Sorry it to so long Rainbow Dash, it’s been a busy day for us all,” said Twilight. “Naw its okay I managed to find stuff to do,” said Rainbow Dash. Pinkie brought out a bunch of cupcakes and they dug in. They kept eating cupcakes that Pinky kept bringing out; she had new recipes she wanted them to try. “Pinky, how many of these do we have to eat?” asked Applejack. “Oh not too many more,” said Pinky. That was a lie. Pinky just kept bringing them out until they were all full to bursting. After the cupcakes they all just sat around and talked. There was a ringing of the door opening and they all turned and looked. Two ponies and a filly that they had never seen before walked in. They were all Alicorn ponies, very odd considering the only Alicorns were the royal family members. The oldest was black and he had purple hair. The middle pony was purple and had black hair. The little filly was a dark purple and had black and purple hair. None of the girls had ever seen them before. The oldest walked up to the counter and picked up his order and then they left. “They must be new in town,” said Twilight. “Yeah, we should go over and introduce ourselves er something,” said Applejack. “Oh goodie new people,” said Pinkie Pie as she jumped up and down. “Yes, that does sound like a good idea,” said Fluttershy. “What do you think Rainbow Dash?” asked Rarity. Rainbow Dash wasn’t paying attention, she was staring at the male pony that had just left. “Rainbow Dash…Rainbow Dash!” said Twilight. “Wha…what. Oh yeah sure,” said Rainbow Dash. All she friends stared at her and she smiled nervously.

Through asking around and looking around they figured out where the new ponies were living. The older girl answered the door and let them in. The other two ponies came out from the kitchen. They all introduced themselves. “It is good to meet all of you. I am Mayhem and these are my sisters Annabell and Midnight,” said Mayhem. He spoke with a very different accent. Turns out they were from London, Wingland. “Well why have you ended up in Ponyville?” asked Rarity, “I would certainly not want to leave a city that regal.” “Well I’m helping a friend and her roommate open up a music shop here in town. You may know them, Vinyl Scratch and Octavia,” said Mayhem. They all did know Vinyl and Octavia. “So…so you’re a musician then?” asked Rainbow Dash. She had not spoken since they got here. “Yes I am. I play guitar, bass, drums, ukulele, Mandolin, piano, and organ. I’m also a singer in my band,” said Mayhem. Rainbow Dash just stared and didn’t say much. “So you’re in a band, that is cool,” said Twilight. “Yeah, they are coming by here in a week. Were gonna give Ponyville a complementary concert,” said Mayhem. “So, what do you do Annabell?” asked Applejack. Annabell jumped when they spoke to her. “Oh…well I write poetry and short stories,” said Annabell quietly. Annabell seemed pretty shy. “So, what kind of stories?” asked Fluttershy. “Oh you probably wouldn’t like it, it’s all dark and scary stuff,” said Annabell. They all looked over to see what the little girls were going. Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were talking with Midnight and they were all bouncing around. “Applejack, can we go take Midnight to our secret club house. Please please please please please!” said Applebloom. They looked at Mayhem and he nodded. “Okay that’s fine, but don’t stay out to long ya here,” said Applejack. The girls all left the house to go play. “Do you lady’s want any tea?” asked Mayhem. They all said they would love tea. Mayhem went into the kitchen and in twenty minutes came out with a large pot of tea and cups. “I hope black tea is okay, I grow my own tea leaves. I’ve got cream and sugar as well,” said Mayhem. They all grabbed cups and just talked. Annabell and Fluttershy were pretty quiet, but that seemed to be normal. Rainbow Dash, who was always talkative, was quiet. They had their fun and felt it was time to leave. Fluttershy had asked Annabell to come over tomorrow, Annabell offered to help Fluttershy with some of the animals. Rainbow Dash was the last one leaving when Mayhem stopped her. “Hey, Rainbow Dash is it. You should come by my store tomorrow, maybe we can get some lunch or something while I’m on break,” said Mayhem. Rainbow Dash blushed and nodded, affirming that she would come by.

Rainbow Dash was so excited she couldn’t sleep at all. She tried so she could make sure that she looked good. Mayhem told her to come by around twelve o’clock. She spent the time before that going to work and clearing the clouds. Five minutes before twelve she made her way to the music shop. When she got there it was quite busy. Mayhem was behind the counter helping customers. “Hi love, just give me a second to finish up and then we can head out,” said Mayhem. He finished up and then they left the shop and went to the café. “Lunch is on me, order whatever you want love,” said Mayhem. Rainbow Dash giggled and ordered a hay and dandelion salad. Mayhem got himself a hay bacon mushroom burger. “So Rainbow Dash, I’ve heard quite a bit about you,” said Mayhem. Rainbow Dash giggled. “Like what?” asked Rainbow Dash. “Well I’ve heard about how you have accomplished the sonic rainboom twice. I’ve heard you are the fastest in Equestria. I must say I am quite impressed,” said Mayhem. Rainbow Dash smiled and blushed. “Yeah guess that is all true,” laughed Rainbow Dash.

They had their lunch and then they decided to go on a short fly. Normally Rainbow Dash liked to turn short flies into races, but not this time. After their short fly Mayhem said he had to get back to work but he would meet up with Rainbow Dash tonight. She was so happy that he said this. She spent the rest of the day lazily floating around in the skies, until she ran into Twilight’s house without realizing it. “Oh sorry Twilight, I wasn’t paying attention,” said Rainbow Dash. Twilight used some magic to pick up the books Rainbow Dash had knocked over. “Oh it’s okay, but are you alright. You really haven’t been yourself lately,” said Twilight. “Oh I don’t know, I’ve felt weird lately to. I went to lunch with Mayhem today so I don’t know,” said Rainbow Dash. Twilight looked at Rainbow Dash and smiled. “Oh Rainbow Dash you must like Mayhem, but you only met him yesterday how is that possible?” asked Twilight. “Well, to tell you the truth I’ve seen him before. He was in the class a few years before mine in flight school, I just don’t think he remembers me at all,” said Rainbow Dash. “You should tell him them Rainbow Dash,” said Twilight. “Are you sure Twilight,” said Rainbow Dash nervously. Twilight nodded her head.

Part II: The Question

Rainbow Dash met with Mayhem the next day and told him what she knew. He told her that he already had come to that conclusion. “I wasn’t 100% sure but now you have confirmed it,” said Mayhem. This made Rainbow Dash happy. “So what do you want to do today Rainbow Dash?” asked Mayhem. “You don’t really need to call me that. Call me Dash or if you want to Dashie,” said Rainbow Dash. “Umm…okay then so what do you want to do today Dashie?” asked Mayhem. Rainbow Dash blushed a giggled. “Well, I really don’t know,” said Rainbow Dash. “Hmm, I got an idea let’s go my house and I’ll play some different songs and instruments for you,” said Mayhem.

No one was at the house when they got there. Annabell was at Fluttershy’s and Midnight was playing with Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. Mayhem made some tea and then took Rainbow Dash up to his music room. That was an understatement; the room was more like a recording studio. Dozens of instruments including a grand piano and a pipe organ, recording equipment, and even DJ equipment and computer system set up. Mayhem played some of his band’s music for Rainbow Dash, which she loved. He also played her a piano piece that he was working on. He called it The Princesses Lullaby. He even let Rainbow Dash try her hands at some of the instruments. Mayhem made them lunch and they sat outside while they ate. “You’ve treated me so nicely Mayhem. You are a real gentleman,” said Rainbow Dash. “Thank you Dash, you are really sweet,” said Mayhem. Mayhem sat down next to Rainbow Dash and they looked into each other’s eyes. Rainbow Dash closed her eyes and moved in when she felt Mayhem’s hoof on her lips. “Not now, I want to but it is too early,” said Mayhem. Rainbow Dash understood, Mayhem was just trying to be chivalrous. “However Dashie I do want to spend more time with you, if that is okay with you,” said Mayhem. Rainbow Dash smiled and blushed and nodded her head.

Mayhem and Rainbow Dash’s relationship blossomed from that point on. They were together always if they weren’t working. Rainbow Dash’s friends began to notice this relationship and were very happy for her. They had not kissed yet but they had moved on to hugging. Rainbow Dash was still waiting for them to kiss but Mayhem wanted to wait. Mayhem did let Rainbow Dash, as well as all her friends, know about the concert that was going to be held in Ponyville featuring DJ works from Vinyl and music from Mayhem and his band. He was going to make sure they would get the best seats in the house. A few days before the concert Rainbow Dash was having a hard time sleeping, she was having bizarre dreams about Pinkie Pie turning her into a cupcake. She had woken up crying for the second time now. It wasn’t very late at night and she had gone to bed super early. There was a knock on the door and she went downstairs and opened the door. Mayhem was at the door and he had his guitar with him. “Hey band practice got over early I thought…are you okay Dashie?” asked Mayhem. She shook her head and some tears fell off her face. “I’m having horrible nightmares,” cried Rainbow Dash. Mayhem comforted her with a hug and took her upstairs. She crawled into bed and he stroked her hair softly. Rainbow Dash was still crying so Mayhem pulled out his guitar and started playing softly for her. He was playing The Princesses Lullaby for her. She could feel her eyes get droopy and when he finished she was about to fall asleep. “I love you Dashie,” said Mayhem. He walked over to the bed and gave her a kiss. This was the first time he kissed her and she blushed. “Mmm I love you to. I just have one question,” said Rainbow Dash, “Can you please stay with me?” Mayhem nodded and sat down on the floor right next to the bed. “Don’t be silly you’re not sleeping on the floor. Come to bed with me,” said Rainbow Dash. “Are you sure?” asked Mayhem. She nodded so he got up from the floor and got into bed with her. He cuddled up to her and she snuggled closer to his body for the extra warmth. He kissed her again and then they both fell asleep.

They slept all through the night and most of the morning. What woke them both up was the sound of someone coming into Rainbow Dash’s house. “Rainbow Dash, are you here. You offered to help me move around some of the critters.” It was Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash and Mayhem looked at each other but if was too late, Fluttershy walked into the room. “Oh…OH!” yelled Fluttershy. She flew out of the room in a hurry. “Wait Fluttershy it’s not what you think,” said Rainbow Dash. Mayhem got out of bed. “I’ll go after her, come find me once you’re ready,” said Mayhem. He gave her a kiss and went after Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash yawned and got out of bed. She really hoped that Mayhem would catch up to Fluttershy.

Mayhem flew around Ponyville and eventually spotted Fluttershy, who was taking to all the other girls. Mayhem landed and galloped towards them. They saw him coming and they all glared at him. “If you could just let…” “You, you…how could you do that to her,” said Twilight as she cut him off. They began to move in on him. “We thought you were a nice guy, but how could you do that to Rainbow Dash,” said Applejack. They all glared at him. “If you would just let me…” said Mayhem. “Oh we don’t want to hear it,” said Rarity. Mayhem wasn’t getting anywhere so he decided to go get Rainbow Dash. He took off into the sky to go and find Rainbow Dash, but Twilight used magic to stop him. Now he was getting angry. His horn began to glow purple and Twilight’s magical hold was shattered by a blast from his horn. Mayhem fell to the ground and he began to change. His eyes turned to dragon eyes and they turned red. His hair and mane turned to fire. They all screamed and backed against the wall. Mayhem turned back to normal and walked towards them. “Now that I have your attention,” said Mayhem. “WAIT!!!” yelled Rainbow Dash from the sky. Rainbow Dash landed next to him. “He didn’t do what you think he did. He was just keeping me company last night because I was having a hard time sleeping. He didn’t do anything to me,” cried Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash turned and looked at Mayhem. “I need to ask though, what was that?” asked Rainbow Dash. “That’s part of my stage act, I use magic to change my appearance. However one of the spells messed up and now when I get angry that happens,” said Mayhem. Mayhem turned to Rainbow Dash’s friends, who were all still cowering in fear, Fluttershy was even crying. “I’m so sorry, I got out of control there, please forgive me I just wanted to get my point across and you ladies kept interrupting me,” said Mayhem. They nodded but kept cowering. Mayhem turned to Rainbow Dash. “I have to go love, but I’ll come get you for lunch later,” said Mayhem.

Part III: The Concert Nobody Will Forget

Within the next few days Ponyville was getting ready for the concert from Vinyl and Mayhem’s band. The stage was set up in the middle of the town and everyone was excited. Rainbow Dash didn’t see Mayhem that often because he was busy with band practice so she spent a lot of time with her friends until the day of the concert. It was being held in the afternoon. Mayhem made sure that Rainbow Dash, her friends, and his sister’s had the best seats in the house. They their early so they could get situated. Vinyl went through her whole show and then it was time for Mayhem’s band. It was different music then they expected, heavy rock. Rainbow Dash loved it. Her friends were shocked at first but then they go use to it. They went through a bunch of songs and then Mayhem stopped the band. “Now I have a request before we move on. Would the beautiful Rainbow Dash please come up to the stage,” said Mayhem. Rainbow Dash blushed a lot and she flew up to the stage. “I have a surprise for you love, hit it guys,” said Mayhem. They started playing, but it was different music this time. Rainbow Dash recognized it, it was The Princesses Lullaby, but it was different. It was heavier and Mayhem added lyrics. When the song was over Rainbow Dash began to cry. Mayhem embraced her and kissed her. “It was all for you Dashie,” said Mayhem. They kissed and then they were about to continue but the show was interrupted. “There was a bright light that appeared in the middle of the crowd and Princess Celestia and Princess Luna appeared before everybody. Everyone bowed down and Twilight ran forward. “Twilight Sparkle my faithful student,” said Princess Celestia. ‘Princess Celestia…are…are you hear for the concert?” asked Twilight. “Well not really I didn’t know it was going on. I’m really hear for.” But the Princess was interrupted by Annabell and Midnight running towards her. “Sissy!” yelled Annabell and Midnight. Everyone gasped. Celestia and Luna gave love to Annabell and Midnight. “Hello my beautiful sister’s,” said Celestia. Annabell and Midnight got next to Luna. Twilight looked at the princess with shock. “Yes my faithful student they are my sister’s. Not many people know, well until now I guess,” said Princess Celestia. There was murmering amongst the crowd and then out of nowhere Mayhem bust through the crowd. “You!” yelled Mayhem, “Why have you come here?” “Prince Mayhem I have come here to retrieve my siblings. However this time I’ve come for more than just Annabell and Midnight, I’ve come for you,” said Celestia. This just seemed to make Mayhem angrier. “You’re lying!” yelled Mayhem, “Why would you come for me, you have never loved me!” Mayhem lost it; he changed into his evil form. His mane and tail became fire, his eyes turned red and turned into slits, the stuff that had already happened, but this time his wings turned into dragon wings. His horn began to glow and the clouds began to turn thick and grey. Lightning started to crack and the wind picked up. “Luna keep the young ones safe, Twilight, you and your friends get everyone away from here,” said Celestia. The weather began to get worse and the ground began to shake violently and crack. The fire that was Mayhem’s mane and tail got larger as he got angrier. As hard as Twilight and everyone else tried to get everyone to move they wouldn’t. Lightning began to crack and hit the ground around Mayhem. What happened next shocked everybody, Princess Celestia began to cry. “I knew I made a mistake sending you away,” cried Princess Celestia. “Why, that was probably the happiest day in your life,” yelled Mayhem. “No Mayhem it was the worst, having to banish my brother from Canterlot. But you began to scare me Mayhem. You experimented with magic I didn’t approve of, and look what had happened. You’ve used the alteration spell too much and it was caused permanent damage. All I want to do is help you,” cried Princess Celestia. She tried to walk forward but Mayhem casted a magic barrier between the two of them. “Stay back!” yelled Mayhem. “It is as I feared,” said Princess Celestia, “This angry side has become an alternate personality,” said Princess Celestia. Celestia backed up as Mayhem walked forwards, and Rainbow Dash suddenly got between them. “Mayhem, please stop this. I don’t like this at all. You’re scaring me,” said Rainbow Dash with eyes full of tears. Mayhem remained in anger and Rainbow Dash leaned forward and kissed him. Mayhem got a shocked looked on his face and he slowly began to change back to normal. “Now that is the Mayhem I love,” said Rainbow Dash. Mayhem smiled at Rainbow Dash and then walked forward to Princess Celestia. “I need help,” said Mayhem. Princess Celestia smiled and embraced Mayhem. “And I will give you all the help you need,” said Princess Celestia. “However, I want to stay in Ponyville,” said Mayhem. “Well…I guess that would be fine. It seems you have found something that helps you control this anger,” said Celestia. Mayhem snuggled closer to Rainbow Dash. Annabell and Midnight came forward. “We want to stay to Celestia,” said Annabell. “Well if that is what you want then it is okay,” said Celestia. Annabell and Midnight joined everyone and then were all happy together. “Well if it is alright Mayhem, I would like you to continue the concert,” said Princess Celestia. Mayhem smiled at Rainbow Dash and they flew up to the stage together. Rainbow Dash was sure that they were going to be together forever.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment