• Published 23rd Oct 2019
  • 3,455 Views, 81 Comments

How I Lost My Mother - Stardust456



Cozy Glow and Princess Celestia have a history together. One that no pony could ever imagine.

  • ...
13
 81
 3,455

Chapter 2: The Prophecy

"Higher!" Cozy squealed.

Celestia was pushing her daughter on a swing in the castle gardens. The day after tomorrow was the Summer Sun Celebration, so it wasn't at all a surprise to Celestia to see Cozy Glow much more enthusiastic and excited than usual.

A royal guard approached Celestia with a professor-like pony behind him.

"You're Majesty," the guard said as he bowed. "This stallion requests the presence of your daughter."

Cozy dragged her back legs on the ground to stop herself from swinging, then hopped off, grabbed her bag, and went off with her teacher for her magic tutor. "Bye mommy!"

"Cozy, wait! You forgot your quill!" Celestia said. Cozy turned around and saw her quill being levitated in her mother's golden aura. Cozy teleported the quill into her bag. " Thanks Mommy!" Then skipped beside her teacher as they headed for the castle's library to start Cozy's lesson.

Celestia watched with pride as she watched her daughter walk off. She teleported a clock in front of her. 7:00 AM. She still had half an hour before she had to check with the unicorns for the firework show. But that was the least important thing on her mind at the moment. Right now she couldn't think of anything other than her daughter. Cozy was sweet, intelligent, and beloved by everypony in Equestria. She had many friends, and she always helped anypony whenever she could. "Why is my daughter so perfect?" Celestia thought aloud. "Is my daughter gifted with some sort of magic that makes her nice? After all, the birth of an alicorn is something Equestria has never seen, yet she was somehow born one. Maybe I can try to find out!"

Celestia's horn lit up, and she casted a spell, wishing with all her heart, to know what made Cozy Glow the way she is. She pictured of the times Cozy stood by her side during Grand Galloping Galas, the times where Cozy made macaroni picture frames for her mother's Hearth's Warming Eve present, and the time where they made Cozy's stain glass window in the castle together. Then she focused on all those perfect moments, and envisioned them in her spell, deeply wanting to know what made Cozy so sweet.

Celestia finished casting the spell, but instead of having answers, there was a bright shining star that glowed so brightly that it made everything else look like it was night time. The star floated in the air and towards Celestia. A prophecy. The spell Celestia casted ended up giving her a prophecy.

Celestia took the star with her hoof, and peered cautiously inside the star to see what it reads. And the moment she read it , she wished she didn't.

Inside the prophecy read:

If Cozy Glow continues on her current path, the light in Equestria and beyond will stay as bright as ever. But if her heart is pained by magic, her happiness will turn to rage, and all of Equestria will crumble.

Then the prophecy disappeared.

The pit of Celestia's stomach churned, and her heart beated so fast that it was all she could hear. "No. No No NO NO NO!" She couldn't imagine the thought of her own daughter being a threat to Equestria. Even though the prophecy said there was only a chance it might happen, she didn't want that chance to be true. If Cozy turned evil, the damage she could cause with her magic would be catastrophic. Yet the prophecy stated that this what would happen I'f Cozy's heart is pained by magic.

Celestia caught her breath when she finally realized she forgot to breathe. "If the prophecy comes true, that means I'll have to choose between my kingdom....and my daughter."