• Published 3rd Sep 2019
  • 12,950 Views, 2,513 Comments

Complications - Hiver



Sometimes everything goes smoothly. Most of the time there are complications, especially when it comes to royal weddings.

  • ...
34
 2,513
 12,950

Chapter 5

The wheels of the train did it’s usual thunk-thunk, thunk-thunk as I looked out the window as it took me towards Ponyville.

My ultimate destination wasn’t anything exciting really, but I wanted to check some stuff with Twilight. Now normally when it came to magic I would have asked Luna, but I wanted this to be a surprise.

What I was looking for specifically was a transformation spell. Something that’ll let me look like a normal unicorn again, without the wings and with other colours without needing to keep the illusion going.

Sunshine knew how to do that, she did that during her vacation and I could have asked her as well, but she was not only ridiculously busy right now, but Clear Skies was visiting and I didn’t want to intrude into what little free time she had.

So I was heading to Ponyville to bother Sparky about it instead. Luna had her own way to hide who she was, but I just had the illusions and I wanted for us to be able to duck away somewhere for a week or two for the honeymoon without being bothered.

Amber was nowhere in sight of course. On the other side of the carriage my other guard was sitting, a pegasus called Blue Dawn.

“So, you drew the short straw for following me around today, huh?” I asked her with a smile.

She smiled, shifting her blue wings, “Not at all, sir. I volunteered.”

“Hmm? time to clean the barracks already?” I teased.

She grinned and shook her head, “Not this time, sir, but there was talk of a field exercise…”

I just chuckled and nodded, “Sensible. Following me around might not be the most exciting, but at least you’ll not be crawling around in the mud.”

“Bodyguard duty is one of those things you really rather not be exciting, sir.”

“Very good point.”

There was a knock on the door and Blue Dawn jumped out of her seat and moved to open the door to reveal a pony with a tray of tea and cookies.

Awesome!

The pink unicorn bowed slightly, “Tea, sir.”

“Thank you,” I said as Blue Dawn took the tray from her, “Just in time.”

She bowed again and slid the door closed, letting Blue Dawn carry the tray over to the table. Picking the teapot into my magic, I looked at Blue Dawn, “Want a cup?”

“Yes please, sir.”

Pouring us a cup each, I then picked mine up and looked out the window as I took a sip. Hmh, green of some sort. Not my favorite, but nice enough.

Didn’t recognize it though.

Thunk.

Turning my head, I looked over to see Blue Dawn collapsed onto the floor, the tea spilled next to her.

“What?”

Wy is my tongue fel nomb?

Deyatgge.

The room started to grow around me and then suddenly tilted sideways before darkening to black.


XXXXXXXXXX


Mhm.

The first thing I realized was that my head was killing me. Groaning, I forced my eyes open. I couldn’t see a thing other than faint lights, I couldn’t focus. What happened?

Groaning, I tried to move only to find I couldn’t. What.

What happened… the tea. Poison?

Blue Dawn! Closing my eyes tight, I then opened them again and blinked and things started to come into focus. Black glistening resin walls, faint blue glow and pillars holding up the ceiling.

Changeling Hive.

Looking to the side as much as I could turn my head, I could just about see Blue Dawn stuck to the same wall like I was.

Why would the changelings…

Movement. I turned my head to see a changeling move out from behind one of the pillars. She was tall with long blue hair, the crown antenna a bit longer than Chrysalis and if anything, she was a bit more gaunt than the more familiar queen.

Oh.

Oh shit.

As she approached, she smiled, revealing some very sharp fangs, “Welcome into my parlor, said the spider to the fly.”