• Published 3rd Sep 2019
  • 12,950 Views, 2,513 Comments

Complications - Hiver



Sometimes everything goes smoothly. Most of the time there are complications, especially when it comes to royal weddings.

  • ...
34
 2,513
 12,950

Chapter 42

I stood with my eyes half closed, listening, feeling with my magic as there was a faint sound of wind as my chakram orbited around my body, faster and faster as I kept shifting the orbits.

Two days since Twilight had left for the border on the train with Rainbow Dash and several regiments of soldiers. Two days of nothing from the Storm-King. I had went by his dreams each night to check. Things were still there.

Every time he falls asleep, the dreams were there, waiting for him.

Was it too much? Not enough?

I didn’t know. Luna didn’t know.

I took a deep breath and sent the spinning metal flying through the air towards the targets. It cut through three wooden bars stuck into the ground before returning in my grip, going back to orbiting.

This was a good way to clear my head a little. It took a lot of focus to do, didn’t really let you think of anything else.

I sent it flying again.

“Lord Page.”

I opened my eyes and turned to look at the pony that spoke up, a pegasus mare, an attendant in the castle, “Yes?” I asked as I swept the chakram around and back to hang by the hook on my side without bothering to look at it.

“Princess Celestia wishes to see you in the throne room. A messenger from the Storm King has arrived via airship.”

“Thank you, I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

“Want me to come with?” Sunset asked, looking up from the book she had been reading while lounging in the soft grass beneath one of the trees at the edge of the training grounds.

I shook my head, “No, it’s fine.”

She hesitated and closed her book before getting up and moving up to me. She touched her horn gently against mine as she looked into my eyes, “You got this, Page.”

I smiled slightly, “I don’t, but that doesn't matter if I do because Celestia and Luna does,” and then gave her a small nuzzle before I pulled away and turned, heading to the throneroom.

The walk seemed both long and take just a couple of moments. The bright sunshine and the signing birds were a sharp contrast to my general mood.

Thunder, wind and rain would have felt more fitting right now.

Entering through a side door, I found Luna and Celestia already there on the thrones. Other than them, the only other ponies in the room was guards.

I moved over to stand next to Lunas throne, “I’m early?” I asked her, scraping my hoof against the carpet covered marble floor.

Luna nodded slightly, “She’ll be here any moment, they are escorting her from her ship.”

She?

Luna had barely time to finish speaking before the doors to the throneroom opened to reveal another being of the Storm Kings species, a woman this time.The yeti had a haughty look on her face, wearing a set of armour with a cloak across her shoulders.

She crossed the carpet towards the thrones, “I am Agnelia of the Red Rose. I speak as the emissary of the Powerful Storm King.”

You could hear the capitalizations in her speech. That’s kind of impressive actually. Not many could manage that to be honest. It was harder than some people thought.

Celestia spoke up, giving her a nod, “Welcome to Canterlot, Agnelia of the Red Rose. We understand you had a message for us?”

She reached into her cloak and pulled out a scroll, unrolling it.

“Ponies of Equestria,” she said, “You have one week to surrender and to seize this assault upon my person or the Empire of the Storm will declare war upon you. We will strike down your soldiers and burn your villages. You wil-”

“Rue the day when you blah, blah, blah,” I said and shifted my wings, “Really? You came all the way here for that?” I asked, “Man, that guy got to pay well for anyone to work for him.”

Agnelia looked ready to go apocalyptic at that.

Luna frowned at me, “Page.”

“No, really,” I said and shook my head, ignoring Luna for the first time. I was pissed now, “I know you don’t like the big stick, but I have pretty much had it with this.”

I looked to Celestia. She kept her face carefully blank before she nodded.

I made my way down from the dias towards Agnelia, “Look, here’s the deal. There are two options. One is that you guys stand the fuck down and maybe, maybe I’ll let your King sleep again without driving him insane. Two is that you attack and we burn your pathetic little province to the ground as a warning to anyone that would date attack Equestria and her interests again and I crush your Kings tiny little mind like a walnut.”

“Y-you dare to-”

“Yes, I fucking dare,” I said as I looked up at her, “Equestria has seven alicorns. The Alicorn of the Sun, The Alicorn of the Moon, the Alicorns of Magic, The Alicorn of Love, The Alicorn of...not quite sure yet and the Alicorn of Dreams. I am the weakest. Luna and I put everypony in your pathetic little invasion to sleep with a single spell. If you think there is going to be an actual War involved in putting you down, you are strongly mistaken. You and your Empire exist because Equestria allows it, and if you move forward with this, you will end when we demand it.”

I moved closer and went onto my rear hooves, putting my hoof on her shoulder for support so I could reach to whisper into her ear so the others wouldn’t hear, “You spoke of burning villages? I would burn your minds. Every. Single. One of you.”

I dropped back down to look at her.

She had gone pale. An impressive feat considering she was mostly covered in thick white fur.

Celestia was the next to speak up, “We expect your surrender in six days, Agnelia of the Red Rose,” before she smiled, “And please, do wish your master a good day from us. We’re looking forward to seeing him person at the negotiations for the peace treaty.”

Agnelia did a small shaky nod, “I…” she cleared her throat, “I’ll relay your message, your highness.”