• Published 3rd Sep 2019
  • 12,950 Views, 2,513 Comments

Complications - Hiver



Sometimes everything goes smoothly. Most of the time there are complications, especially when it comes to royal weddings.

  • ...
34
 2,513
 12,950

Chapter 29

I slowly started to drift out of sleep, to my regret. After the wedding, we went to bed and fell asleep almost at once and I just cuddled up beneath Luna's wing. No energy for anything fun.

Not that it meant that the day was over. As soon as we were asleep and in the dream realm, we had shared a quick kiss and then we headed our separate ways and got to work with all the nightmares stirred up by the invasion.

I wasn’t completely sure how long that had taken as dream time wasn’t the same as real space time.

But once we were finally done, slipping of to sleep outside dream space felt like it was about two minutes before waking up.

Suppressing a groan, I nuzzled closer to the pillow. Didn’t want to wake up. Really, really didn’t. Going back to sleep sounded really, really good right now.

But the sun shining in through the blinds had other ideas, shining right at my eyes. Rolling over, I scooted a bit closer to my Luna.

Couldn’t Celestia move that damn thing a bit?

Luna shifted, pulling me closer with her wing and I closed my eyes again as I slowly drifted off back to sleep.

I wasn’t sure how long that lasted. But when I finally woke back up again, it was from a poke to my back. No. Go away. Wanna stay right here.

Poke. Poke.

Fine.

Shifting, I poked my head out from beneath the star filled field of Luna's mane to see Amber poke her head up from the edge of the bed, her hoof reached halfway to me.

Her slightly glowing eyes blinked twice and she pulled her hoof back. She wanted something and it would be important or she wouldn’t be waking me.

Suppressing a groan, I nodded and carefully extracted myself from beneath Luna's wing, sliding out from beneath her mane. Silently, I rolled off the bed and dropped onto the floor. Stretching, I then folded my wings, following the changeling outside of the bubble of silence, closing the door behind us.

“Good morning, sir,” Amber said, a small buzz in her wings.

“Good morning, Amber. What can I do for you?” I asked, rubbing my eyes with a hoof.

“There is going to be an attempt to reverse the petrification spell, sir,” Amber said, “The Princess Sparkles discovered a cure early this morning and has been preparing. Sunset Shimmer thought you would like to be there.”

Okay, yeah, that’s fair to wake me up for.

Rubbing my eyes, I nodded again, “Yeah, thanks Amber. Lead the way?”

When I next looked, she was floating a cup of strong tea before me in her magic. Amber, you are the best. Marry me.

The idea of marriage made me smile and I took the tea while looking back towards the bedroom. Luna. Wife.

“Thank you, Amber. You’re amazing,” I said as I gave her a quick hug with my wing, “But you better be careful or you’ll end up fat. Or a Princess.”

Amber blinked and then scooted away with a buzzing of her wings, “No thank you, sir. I don’t want that. I deposit most to the Hive.”

“Just teasing, cuddlebug,” I told her with a smile, sipping my tea, “Lead the way, okay?”

Amber buzzed her wings and nodded.

It didn’t take long to make our way across the castle to a scene I didn’t expect to see. Skitter was standing before Celestia, the two Sparkles and Sunset Shimmer, seemingly protecting Queen Chrysalis from them,

“-o! You aren’t doing it!” she yelled as I walked inside with Amber.

Amber instantly buzzed over to stand next to her, facing down the Princesses. I just watched the scene for a moment before I sipped my tea, “I don’t know what all this is about, but whatever it is about, it’s way too fucking early for it,” I said as i moved past the Princesses and Sunset, “Skitter?”

“They are not trying it on Queen Chrysalis!” she exclaimed, “They aren’t!”

“They aren’t doing it to Cadence!!” another voice cut in to see Shining Armour standing before his wife, “Not until we know its safe!”

I looked between them for a moment before I glanced down at my cup, suddenly wishing it contained something stronger.

Much, much stronger.