• Published 3rd Sep 2019
  • 12,957 Views, 2,513 Comments

Complications - Hiver



Sometimes everything goes smoothly. Most of the time there are complications, especially when it comes to royal weddings.

  • ...
34
 2,513
 12,957

Chapter 26

Blinking awake, I then blinked in surprise, finding a pair of bright green eyes staring into my own from maybe a hoof away, “...Amber.”

“Yes sir?” The changeling asked and raised her head from where she had been laying on the couch, staring at me.

“That’s creepy.”

She tilted her head a bit.

Turning my head, I looked to Sunset next to me. She was deep asleep. I wasn’t surprised, I had been in for hours. Dream time is strange.

“...Sir?” Amber asked after a moment, “Did you find anything?”

I nodded, “Got the name of the spell. Sparks and Midnight should be able to find out anything else needed from there,” I told her, “Don’t worry, we’ll get Queen Chrysalis back.”

Amber buzzed her wings a little before she nodded, “Yes sir.”

Brushing my wing across Sunnys back, “Sunny, time to get up.”

She didn’t stir, all I got was an earflick.

Hmmm. I did have some ways I really liked waking her up in, but this was neither the time nor place. I glanced towards Amber. Especially not with someling watching.

...At least not when ‘knowing’ someling was watching.

I pulled Sunny closer, giving her a small shake and a nuzzle, “Sunny, time to wake up.”

She stirred and then blinked awake, “Mrrrr,” she groaned before she opened her eyes and quickly sat up, “Did you get it?”

I nodded and sat up with her, slipping my wing off her, “I think so. I think they used something called ‘Martalans Petrifying Petrification’. Ever heard of it?”

She shook her head and quickly jumped off the couch, “We need to let everypony know.”

“You go,” I told her, “The Sparkles should be able to figure it out. I’m going to go check on Skitter, make sure she is okay.”

She wasn’t in the meeting.

Sunset nodded and shifted, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek before quickly trotting out. I turned back to Amber, “Do you know where she is?”

Amber nodded and buzzed into the air and down onto the floor from the couch, “Yes, sir. I’ll show you.”

It didn’t take long to find her. In retrospect I could have guessed where she was, the answer would have been obvious to anypony really.

She was in the chamber where Chrysalis and Cadence had been moved to. I moved past the royal guard by the door and sat down next to her. She didn’t move.

Cadence looked afraid, her head lowered, her horn forward to block the spell that hit her with a shield. She was frozen like that, turned into dark stone.

Chrysalis didn’t look afraid. She looked pissed, her wings spread, legs for balance, her head turned slightly to the side.

“Skitter?” I asked and she turned her head to blink at me like she didn’t even notice me,

“...Page?”

Damn, she was really bothered by this if she called me by name.

“I found the name of the spell used,” I told her softly, “Sunny is giving it to the rest now, they will be able to figure out how to reverse it from there. It’ll be fine.”

She nodded and then turned back to Chrysalis, “...I can’t… I… I don’t hear her.”

“The hivemind thing?” I asked and shifted to put my wing around her.

Skitter nodded again, “We always… we always know where the Queen is. What she is feeling. She’s silent.”

“I can’t see any of them in the dream world either,” I admitted, “But in the dream they talked about an alicorn not being able to reverse it alone. Meaning it is reversible. We’ll get them back, both of them.”

Skitter nodded and leaned against me, “...If…” she answered before she lowered her voice so the guards wouldn’t hear, “Have to be quick, sir. Less than two weeks and the loss of the queen will force me into a cocoon.”

Oh. Oh dear.

“Don’t worry, if anypony can figure it out, it’s Sparky and Midnight.”