• Published 3rd Sep 2019
  • 12,974 Views, 2,513 Comments

Complications - Hiver



Sometimes everything goes smoothly. Most of the time there are complications, especially when it comes to royal weddings.

  • ...
34
 2,513
 12,974

Chapter 16

“Hey Sunshine,” I said as I entered the sitting room, balcony door opened to the warm sunshine outside.

Celestia looked up from the scroll she had been reading, a tray of tea and sandwiches sitting on a table next to her large pillow. She smiled and got up, “Page, I’m so glad you are safe.”

Smiling, I moved over and hugged her. “I’m fine.”

She hugged back and then looked down at me, “Tired?”

“Bit,” I agreed and settled down across the table from her, “But it’s going away on its own, it usually does.”

Celestia nodded and poured us a couple of cups of tea, “You would know.”

“Worried, Sunshine?” I asked with a smile.

She sighed, “Of course I was, as soon as my sister told me what was going on. You have no idea how difficult it was to talk her out of going to you with the entire Nightguard.”

I nodded, “I did think my argument with her was too easy,” I admitted, “Thank you. A lot of ponies and ‘lings would have gotten hurt or worse.”

Sunshine sighed again, “I know.”

“So thank you for talking to her,” I said and picked up one of the sandwiches, “So… how have you been?”

“I’m fine, Page,” she said and smiled at me, “Just a lot to do.”

I flicked an ear as I watched her. That did not sound like she was fine.

“You sure?” I asked and shifted my wings as I looked up at her, “You don’t sound fine.”

Celestia sighed, “...Most ponies wouldn’t have noticed and if they did, they wouldn’t have asked.”

“Sorry. Don’t need to answer.”

She shook her head, “It’s fine, Page. You would find out soon anyway… my relationship with Clear Skies is over. She broke up with me.”

“Oh. I’m sorry.”

Celestia shook her head and forced a small smile, “It would hardly be the first time, Page.”

I suppose it wouldn’t in the length of her life, “Mind if I ask what happened?”

She shook her head and sipped her tea before silence dragged on for a long moment. It soon became apparent she wouldn’t be continuing.

Well, at least that proved she’d be fine in the end.

“What happened?” I finally asked and shifted my wings.

She shook her head again, “When Luna left with Sunset Shimmer to bring you back, she asked what was going on. I told her. It was just the last drop, I suppose. Being in a relationship with an Alicorn, especially myself, is stressful. I think it just hit home for her that it also put her in danger, and not just from journalists, should our relationship become public.”

“Ah,” I agreed, nodding and sipped my tea, “I always thought she was a smart mare. She did date you after all.”

Celestia smiled a bit and sighed, “Speaking from experience?”

“In dating you? Is that what we’re doing?” I teased and got a small grin in response,

“No! In dating an Alicorn!”

“True,” I agreed before I shrugged my wings, “I suppose it helped not caring at all about journalists or the papers,” before I frowned at her, “Are you sure you are fine?”

Celestia nodded again, “I will be. How’s the wedding plans going?”

I sighed, “Stressful and I’m not even planning the thing. Speaking of things though, I… kind of have a couple of favours to ask of you.”

“Oh?”

“First one is… do you know transformation magic?”

“Of course. Not as well as my sister, but well enough. How come?” She asked with an earflick.

“...Honeymoon, I was thinking…” I started to say before she interrupted me,

“Kinky.”

I glared at her, “Not like that, whatever it was that was going through that brain of yours. I want Luna and me to be able to sneak away for a couple of weeks, not get recognized and I don’t want to keep the illusion up for all of it. I didn't want to ask Luna, I want it to be a surprise.”

She grinned, “We should be able to figure something out. And what was your other favour?”

I shifted a bit, “Well… this one is a bit bigger. For the wedding, would it be possible to get twenty four hours of night?”

Celestia frowned, “...I’d have to think about that one, Page.”

“Of course. I know it’s a big ask,” I said before I smiled, “...but while you are at it, would it be possible for you to shift the sun like… five degrees to the right? It keeps leaking in through the curtains during the morn…”

A sandwich bounced off my chest and I quickly returned fire.